View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My most recent post shows you're right on this, with the wrinkle that Lorna would have less panel time on X-Factor and serve in more of an advisor capacity than as part of the team.

Which in the case I made above, I think would actually be better for X-Factor than Lorna exclusively on X-Factor.
    That tweet doesn’t say anything about her having less panel time though. Says that she’d still be in both books.

Tempo has my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    That tweet doesn’t say anything about her having less panel time though. Says that she’d still be in both books.
    True, it doesn't explicitly say "Hey she's not gonna be on it as much," but I felt it was a safe logical extension. Otherwise, why would Lorna being a team member on X-Men mean her role on X-Factor needs to change to advisor rather than simply being a team member on both teams? But yes, my assumption could be wrong.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Armor - I feel like we see her around a good bit already .... wouldn't be awful but would rather someone else.

Banshee - man Sean has gotten the shaft for so long. I really would like him to be relevant again but I think the best place for him would be a new school. he was the best with Gen X.

Boom Boom - well could be interesting but feel like she hasn't been written well since X-Force. not sure how she'd fit.

Forge - not the best choice. he's fine in support roles but not really the energy for the main team.

Polaris - feels like whenever she gets a shot something bad happens. wouldn't mind a redemption but she's already in X-Factor and been featured recently.

Strong Guy - sad Guido isn't getting more votes. he really deserves a shot and it'd be nice for a powerhouse character besides Colossus. early X-Factor he was great.

Tempo - oddly popular in voting so far. sort of a blank slate. I like some of the MLF getting a chance after all these years but seems kind of out of nowhere.

Cannonball/Sunspot - both again good choices. feel like they fit in on about any team.

BUT MY PICK IS

MARROW - yeah so while younger the OZT team especially with Maggot, Marrow, and CeCe was really fun. I really want Marrow to get another shot. Bring back Maggott too! She had a fun relationship with some X-Men like Cannonball.

Was hoping for more off the wall choices. Maybe some of the Acolytes or even someone we haven't seen in a while like Lifeguard or Skin.

So glad to see Tempo getting some love! I hope the love here translates to votes on the actual vote page! Even back in the day, I had hoped PAD would add her to X-Factor... This would be even better.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Forcing me to choose between Marrow and Tempo is homophobic.

I like the concept of Tempo. I don't like the character per se. But as we saw in a single issue with Peepers, good characterization can come out of nowhere. Plus I'd rather see her than Sunspot.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-26-2021 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Tempo's inclusion on the list gives me hope that Hickman will add her anyway even if she doesn't win. Like others have said, she's relatively a blank slate, which I imagine is tempting to a writer, since they're not restrained by a character's history.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Tempo's inclusion on the list gives me hope that Hickman will add her anyway even if she doesn't win. Like others have said, she's relatively a blank slate, which I imagine is tempting to a writer, since they're not restrained by a character's history.
    To be fair, Marvel has a habit at least with some characters of not caring about their history and treating them like a mostly blank slate anyway. Only difference with Tempo is it sounds like that attitude would be less of a problem in her case.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Amazing Member

Gotta go Banshee. He’s been on the sidelines for so long. I think it’s be great to have him in the spotlight for a bit.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

My first choice is Dazzler! Hopefully, she's already on the team.

Strong Guy, Armor, Marrow, Sunspot, and Polaris would be fun but I'll vote for Banshee.

And not Zombie Banshee either! WTH! Daken, Sentry, and the Grim Reaper all became normal shortly after being turned into the Horseman of Death.

Banshee becomes a mindless Zombie forever?! He deserves better. Vote for Banshee!

Polaris is the only character I like enough to actively consider picking up another X-title. Preferably in her classic green costume or her purple Shi'ar one and not another one of those god awful bland X-factor bodysuit and jacket ensembles.

Banshee, Boom Boom and Sunspot are fine, but it really depends on who else is on the team. The other choices really do nothing for me.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

This could be neat, and there are a lot of good choices that I'd love to see more of. Also this era has been great about making odd characters and choices work brilliantly so none of these characters are deal breakers for me. That said there are some clear tier rankings for my own preference, I don't really dislike any of them but there are several characters who are just more interesting to me.

Meh Tier
    Strong Guy - Never liked him, no inherent interest
    Boom Boom - Cool character in low dosages, usually starts to get on my nerves after a few issues
    Armor/Marrow - Interesting idea in theory but the characters have never really impressed me.

Intriguing Tier
    Forge - Can be pretty good but hasn't been really used well in a long while outside of what he is doing in X-Force. Might rank higher except I kinda like where he is at if he had just a touch more use in X-Force.
    Tempo - Kind of a blank slate as far as I'm concerned however the history with the MLF gives a pretty solid hook.
    Cannonball - Like the character but strikes me as slightly superfluous with Scott and Jean on the team.

Hot Tier
    Sunspot - I really hate his character, I find him to be super annoying... except when Hickman writes him, then I love him and want more. Putting him full time on a Hickman book? Oh hell yeah.
    Banshee - Really like the character, he needs and deserves some time in the sun.

Top Choice
    Polaris - Easily my favorite character on the list, Cool powers, look, history and huge narrative potential

just read x-men #17

I always liked Strong Guy, but he's best with a writer that treats him with a sense of humor. There's been far too many stories that just use him as a punching bag for horrible things to happen to.