View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really don't care about who won anymore. I want to see the full roster of this damn team. I hope its a fresh take.
    Me too, I'm still hoping for a surprise on the final roster instead of the same old same olds.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, he's such a gem. Are you talking about the interview on Mutant Musings? He did seem concerned as to whether the cover had been revealed yet or not. I love that the creators are living in a legit time bubble and their not entirely certain of what we, the audience, are currently aware of because of the schedule they keep, and that's a big part of their collective paranoia about what they can and can't talk about. haha

I've seen so many folks on social media complaining about these reveals but... its just the vote. Its not like we had the whole roster revealed yet.
    Yes that's the one I was talking about. Duggan gave me the impression he expected the cover to the first issue to have been released... and with July's solicits around the corner I think that's a strong possibility at this stage.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Let's not be certain that a certain green-haired redundancy (with regards to the characters we KNOW are on this team) has won just yet.
    Agreed, I'm not sure Abigail Brand will make the cut :P

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yes that's the one I was talking about. Duggan gave me the impression he expected the cover to the first issue to have been released... and with July's solicits around the corner I think that's a strong possibility at this stage.
    Well, the way the timing is going we’ll get two more reveals tomorrow for characters who didn’t make the cut; with the final reveal on Thursday between the last two standing. That means they could release the full roster and cover for Duggan and Larraz’s X-men #1 on Thursday, or hold that for Friday to close out the week after all of these daily teases regarding the vote.

Mighty Member

Seeing all the mutants who didn't get the votes just reinforces the fact that despite what many say about wanting c and d-list characters as members of the X-men proper, it always falls back to the a and popular b-list characters. Yeah there were many posts about wanting Tempo and Marrow among others, hell Tempo is the leading vote getter here but deep down we all knew that neither her or any lesser character would make the cut. Ultimately status and popularity wins out, just the way it goes.

Fantastic Member

I mean you can't expect characters like that to win a popularity contest when they haven't been doing much. I still really wish we'd get a fresh line up and different faces. as so called c and d listers can't become popular if they don't get used.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, the way the timing is going we’ll get two more reveals tomorrow for characters who didn’t make the cut; with the final reveal on Thursday between the last two standing. That means they could release the full roster and cover for Duggan and Larraz’s X-men #1 on Thursday, or hold that for Friday to close out the week after all of these daily teases regarding the vote.
    My guess is Sunspot and Cannonball commiserating with each other tomorrow, followed by Banshee and Polaris congratulating each other on Thursday. Then, as you say, the full release on Friday.

Marrow appearance in marauders makes me feel like she might be on the team after all

edit: never mind I just saw the small comic with marrow and armor
    Last edited by frostedemma; 04-13-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Seeing all the mutants who didn't get the votes just reinforces the fact that despite what many say about wanting c and d-list characters as members of the X-men proper, it always falls back to the a and popular b-list characters. Yeah there were many posts about wanting Tempo and Marrow among others, hell Tempo is the leading vote getter here but deep down we all knew that neither her or any lesser character would make the cut. Ultimately status and popularity wins out, just the way it goes.
    That's true. But the problem is that the same characters will eventualy wear out the stories that can be told with them.

Without new or lesser tiered characters being given a chance to be developed or shine, the line stagnates and the stories run in circles.

If only the established or popular characters would have been used over and over, the X-men would have just remained the 05 forever. But the writers took chances, brought in new characters or gave previously unlikely characters a chance to establish themself and we got some of the most popular X-men that way.

It's a paradox which can often be found in fandom of continuously written works. One part of the fandom is getting tired of the same characters and wants new ones, but another is adamant against wanting to give any character that isn't the existing popular ones a chance.

However in that regard i agree that the fan vote would have never worked to give lesser tiered characters a chance. That can only happen when the writers themself take the risk and manage to make fans and following writers actualy want to see more of them.

Though an important factor in this, is to give the new blood a chance to shine, without undermining the old guard. A mistake made too often from what i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Marrow appearance in marauders makes me feel like she might be on the team after all

edit: never mind I just saw the small comic with marrow and armor
    It's a good month for her though. A Hellfire Gala short story. Marauders. Women of Marvel One-shot. Man Thing One-shot (next month, but close enough). That's more appearances and dialoge than she had over the last 5 years.

Also her role on an X-men team will be contested by members of the Wolverine clan anyway. I think she has a better chance building up her stock in side stories or books anyway.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-13-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Banshee could be fun because despite a long history I feel like most of what i know about Sean is from Generation X. I think it'd be more fun seeing him in a comic with Emma though...

Polaris just seems like a been there, done that. Not a bad choice, just not an exciting one.

Incredible Member

I think they need to have all the losers pop up as background characters in the book even though they are not "on the team" then in an interesting twist the main team gets trapped and needs to be rescued by the didn't make the cut group. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's a paradox which can often be found in fandom of continuously written works. One part of the fandom is getting tired of the same characters and wants new ones, but another is adamant against wanting to give any character that isn't the existing popular ones a chance.
    You left out the rest of the problem, that people want new characters to make the show, but just the one they already like.

And I say that because I see all sorts of unpopular characters being used all over the place right now. All through the X-books and all over Marvel. The X-Men line is just too bloated and will never satisfy everyone. Rosenberg was on the right track. Also, I think keeping the X-books too tied together hurts. If you enlist every mutant into an army, you have no excuse not to have the top dogs leading the charge all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    Polaris just seems like a been there, done that. Not a bad choice, just not an exciting one.
    I do worry you will be right Lorna could come off like stale bread and add nothing to the team.

It depends on why she is there and what version shows up. Does the version show up that has a quick wit and at all costs wants to protect the island from the fate that befell another famous mutant island and its people? Or... is the version that shows up the one that likes to talk about shipper issues and daddy issues? In terms of the second overall you are right she would be boring and replaceable.

If Lorna's relationship with the X-Men ends up dry and lacking in any real fire its because they didn't do enough to sort out her motivation and persona.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-13-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If Lorna's relationship with the X-Men ends up dry and lacking in any real fire its because they didn't do enough to sort out her motivation and persona.
    I think that would have been more a risk under Hickman than Duggan, just because Hickman typically seems more interested in ideas than character beats. But then Hickman's been leaning into the Summers family thing pretty steadily, while Duggan's been sidelining some of his cast in Marauders, so I guess nothing's for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Have there been any guesses on who else makes up the team besides Scott, Jean, Polaris, Banshee, Guido, Forge, Marrow, Tempo, Tabitha, Armor, Sunspot and Sam?

What I mean is who is on the team besides Scott/Jean/voted member?