I think, regardless of the result, this has been a great idea from the X-Office. It generated a hell of a lot of interest while the vote was going on, and it's created a bit of a buzz now with these, mostly excellent, little strips.

Interestingly I think most of us, who have followed closely, aren't even slightly surprised by the two most popular choices. They were front runners all the way through, and are obviously the longest standing characters (both having been around for over 50 years).

Polaris, having around 22% of the vote after the first few days, when I believe the large majority of votes will have been cast, is definitely the most likely winner. Banshee's recovery later on was likely a higher percentage of a lot fewer votes, and a 7% deficit was almost certainly too much to recover.

It's good to see, as well, that it's generated some interest in some lesser characters as well, and I'm sure Marvel will be taking note of the votes received. For example, if Banshee hasn't won they're going to know he's one of the most popular characters not regularly appearing, or they'll know that there's a fair bit of desire to see someone like Tempo given a chance to shine, and it might give them a chance to shake up a few of the other teams. I mean that in the sense that I'm almost certain some characters will be joining the main team from other teams (Rogue).