View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I have to laugh at Leah’s absolute meltdown on Twitter. Ya played yourself sis.
    I don't think she's having a meltdown at all. She seems super reasonable to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Hate to be negative but, it sounds like a marketing stunt that will either be ignored for the comics or doctored to appear like the comic reflects it.

Or maybe they expect most people to vote on a character they allready decided to be on the team anyway.
    Just like they did with poor Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    She’s sad to be losing Lorna, although in a meme’y kind of way.

She mentioned volunteering Lorna for the poll, so some people say that she only has herself to blame. In reality you would think that there was more to the conversations in the X-office about this, and Leah wasn’t handing Lorna over on a silver platter.
    Thanks. Thats why I feel like its already set in stone that Lorna is joining the X-men as I dont think Hickman would just yank her away from Leah if she had these big plans for her. The X-line in this era seems very coordinated and teh fact that Leah came out and said what would happen to her in the book suggests to me that they already discussed it internally

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. Thats why I feel like its already set in stone that Lorna is joining the X-men as I dont think Hickman would just yank her away from Leah if she had these big plans for her. The X-line in this era seems very coordinated and teh fact that Leah came out and said what would happen to her in the book suggests to me that they already discussed it internally
    I think some of the creators are disappointed because they thought it would be a closer race, with the chance of an underdog victory. Apparently it was a tight race until The Gifted fans started spreading the link. I’m a bit confused though, because I don’t know how present and organised The Gifted twitter is - is that even a thing?

I also read that the poll and the nominees was ultimately a group decision, and the outcome will disrupt some books, but that’s part of the creative exercise.

Leah, Nick Lowe, Zeb Wells and some other creators are campaigning for Marrow, but I think the ship has sailed.
    Last edited by Adam; 01-29-2021 at 10:58 AM. Reason: A chance to mention Marrow lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just a thought, but on the upcoming art thread there's a variant cover with both Banshee and Polaris on it. Could it be that they knew what they were doing with this and both of them were planned to be on the team anyway? I think Marvel must have known that one of those two was almost sure to win this poll anyway.

I'm also interested in how the votes are going to go on Krakoa, for instance are there going to be people campaigning for a place on the team (or people campaigning on behalf of others - Dazzler perhaps).

It's certainly got me interested again.

I am starting to wonder if they always intended more than one of these characters to be on the X-Men and that the votes will determine which ones will be part of the team. Perhaps they may end up choosing more than one of them.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I think some of the creators are disappointed because they thought it would be a closer race, with the chance of an underdog victory. Apparently it was a tight race until The Gifted fans started spreading the link. I’m a bit confused though, because I don’t know how present and organised The Gifted twitter is - is that even a thing?

I also read that the poll and the nominees was ultimately a group decision, and the outcome will disrupt some books, but that’s part of the creative exercise.

Leah, Nick Lowe, Zeb Wells and some other creators are campaigning for Marrow, but I think the ship has sailed.
    There isn't the gifted fans. The show ended two years ago, people moved on from that and I didn't saw any post spreading it. I even searched twitter and there wasn't any post about it

Fans have to accept that Lorn ai spopular to comics fans. She have been on uncanny, x-men blue, fan favorite x-factor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am starting to wonder if they always intended more than one of these characters to be on the X-Men and that the votes will determine which ones will be part of the team. Perhaps they may end up choosing more than one of them.
    It seems Hickman will already write Cannonball and Sunspot off and on in space, if last issue is anything to go by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There isn't the gifted fans. The show ended two years ago, people moved on from that and I didn't saw any post spreading it. I even searched twitter and there wasn't any post about it

Fans have to accept that Lorn ai spopular to comics fans. She have been on uncanny, x-men blue, fan favorite x-factor.
    Got to completely agree with this, she's been around over 50 years, same as Banshee, they were always going to be popular in this vote.

I don’t think Lorna is super popular, but she is definitely the most popular out of all the choices given. It seemed obvious that it was going to come down to her and Banshee, since they are the most well known characters to the more casual fans. I actually didn’t think that Sunspot and Forge would get to be third and fourth honestly, so that was cool, or that Canonball would be so low in the choices. But yeah, as soon as you put more well known characters like Lorna and Sean in a poll the rest didn’t really had a chance.

And this voting should show to people what a little percentage of the actual comic book reading community this type of forums actually represent (same with Twitter), and be the answer when people wonder why Marvel or other companies don’t really pay attention or do what fans in these type of forums want. Based on the voting here, Tempo should have been a lock, but in the actual real world most people will go for the more well known characters (and I actually would have liked her to be in the series). Marvel absolutely knew who the top 2 choices would be, if not they would not have made a list with so many obscure characters together with characters that have been in the series for decades.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Vote for Sunspot...!
    Sunspot is a Hickman favorite who has a subplot already teased. He has plans for him whether he wins this vote or not. X-Corp was name dropped yet again so he's gonna appear there in some capacity if and when that book launches

Extraordinary Member

How did the X-writers decide on this voting pool?
    Did each writer have to donate someone?

Did the Marauders writer go “well I used Tempo for a page, so I’ll donate her.”

X-Force writer: “I’ll donate Forge.”

Leah: “I’ll donate Polaris.”

Hellions writer: “Well i uses Banshee for two panels in X of Swords” so I donate him.”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How did the X-writers decide on this voting pool?
    Did each writer have to donate someone?

Did the Marauders writer go “well I used Tempo for a page, so I’ll donate her.”

X-Force writer: “I’ll donate Forge.”

Leah: “I’ll donate Polaris.”

Hellions writer: “Well i uses Banshee for two panels in X of Swords” so I donate him.”
    "I volunteer myself as tribute!"

"It doesn't work that way."

"... Oh."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)