View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ecerywhere you look, there is another leading the polls on Twitter, FB, forums and so. Only Armor and Force are not doing great anywhere.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

More Tempo concept sketches:
    Tempo, Vertigo, Empath
    E8C7E407-7639-4B9A-A3AD-3C9671573F41.jpg

Tempo,Four-Arm, Locus
    B887C1F9-7358-4CA8-8C53-C1A39138F917.jpg

Tempo in repose
    100B63D0-C241-4F0B-9DBA-F20F5B811B04.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Not the x-office getting tremendous promo and visibility with a fun simple game that probably took them an hour to set up the page and the edit, you can't compete where you can't compare!
    So besides being a PR trick in order to stir up interest for the title and the possibility of them manipulating the vote in order to put a character on the team who was allready decided to be part of the team anyway (just with the added benefit of being able to claim that "people wanted this character on the team"), i noticed that there is also a benefit to reducing the selection to only 10 characters.

That they can now claim there is interested in these other 9 characters too, hence justifying putting them on other books, stories or one-shots.

In that regard. I kind of hope Marrow makes some good middle position, since i really don't think this is the right fit for her.
    Now don't get me wrong i like the character and would really hope for her to get another shot at a title or storyline (after the last 20 years of constant bouncing around little appearances with barely continuity in between she really needs some cleanup on character, personality and quality). But i think this is way out of her league.

It would also make little sense in universe as she has barely any reputation or friends. Also her Weapon X past would make her a PR nightmare if it's revealed.

In the current premise this is supposed to be the mutants big shining super hero representation team. Their own Avengers. The best of the best.
    But she has neither the skill, personality or power to qualify for that (yet).

What she has, makes her much more suited for down to earth or urban environment stories, where her powers are of actual advantage, rather than grand space adventures or save the world scenarios.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-27-2021 at 05:28 AM.

All-New Member

I voted for Marrow for that Morlock representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    In the current premise this is supposed to be the mutants big shining super hero representation team. Their own Avengers. The best of the best.
    But she has neither the skill, personality or power to qualify for that (yet). .
    The current premise isn't that ,Current premise is these characters represent mutants and Krakoa and all mutants are voting for who represent them. Marrow makes perfect sense because Marrow would represent Morlocks and freaky looking mutants.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Does Polaris get taken out of x factor if she wins the vote, the x factor writers tweets are pretty funny today encouraing people not to vote for her.

Voted for Banshee!
    If not him... Get in there after your glow up, Tempo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Does Polaris get taken out of x factor if she wins the vote, the x factor writers tweets are pretty funny today encouraing people not to vote for her.
    I think her role gets reduced, which doesn’t seem fair because Hickman could of been claimed Polaris before Leah started writing her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The current premise is these characters represent mutants and Krakoa and all mutants are voting for who represent them. Marrow makes perfect sense because Marrow would represent Morlocks and freaky looking mutants.
    She has a rocky relation to the Morlocks though. As she constantly switches between rejecting or ignoring them (like in her appearance in Generation X) and proclaiming her heritage with them, when ever it suits her personal need or situation. Also while she spend her early childhood among them, the rest of her youth and the years after it was spend away from them. As such they would hardly know her as her adult self.

For the Morlocks it would make more sense to vote for one of their original champions like Callisto, Sunder, Caliban, Skids, Scaleface or Berzerker, than for an enstranged child hardly anyone of them knows anymore.

Besides that the Morlocks are also a rather small minority among the mutants of Krakoa. They barely number in the one or two hundred, while Krakoa has millions of other mutants. As such their vote should barely make a dent.

With her history she can only really represent herself and her track record with mutant kind if tarnished ever since Weapon X.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Also, to anyone, is this a choice to put a character on any of the teams or a specific team? Or is this a new project entirely?
    Specifically for the new X-Men lineup. Until now there hasn't been an official team called the X-Men in the Hickman era.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Now to pick a character that really was never used enough ever. or was ever an X-Man I'd go with Tempo. But I've been wanting Banshee back for a long time. Is he being used anywhere else at all?
    Not as a regular in anything, no. He's made brief cameos here and there to establish that he's alive and on Krakoa, but nothing significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think her role gets reduced, which doesn’t seem fair because Hickman could of been claimed Polaris before Leah started writing her.
    This is a marketing tactic coordinated with all the writers, so I'm pretty sure Leah's just joking around

I voted for Banshee

It was a tough one between Banshee and Morrow, but I will be going with Banshee. I want to see more of him and how he actually feels about all that has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I’m voting for Wolverine!
    The wolvierine already appears in all Marvel titles, has several solos ... Beloved Jesus, let the other characters shine

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    More Tempo concept sketches:
    Tempo, Vertigo, Empath
    E8C7E407-7639-4B9A-A3AD-3C9671573F41.jpg

Tempo,Four-Arm, Locus
    B887C1F9-7358-4CA8-8C53-C1A39138F917.jpg

Tempo in repose
    100B63D0-C241-4F0B-9DBA-F20F5B811B04.jpg
    Cool!

I was just thinking yesterday about how they need to "fix" Locus.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume