View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel is saying now its going to be by Zub Wells.
    That's the creative team of the strip.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Wells is the writer of the mini comics revealing the vote results, not for the new X-men book.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's talking about the cartoon. All 5 of the cartoons were written by wells. Nothing in the tweet about who's writing the book.
    Ok, that makes sense. That is the issue in question not what book they will be in.

Incredible Member

hope Sean has a full time spot somewhere. But what the hell is he wearing???

I pray for Salarta’s sake that Havok won’t be on Duggan’s x-team.

Mighty Member

My prediction for Lorna came true again. Let's see whether my other predictions for the other members is going to come true tomorrow from the solicits.

Wolverine (original)
    Iceman

Iceman is underused in Marauders, the spotlight is mostly on Kate and Emma.
    Last edited by ericng; 04-15-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I love Iceman, but I would hope that the first proper X-Men team of the Krakoa era will not be mostly white characters from the '60s. Also, Duggan hasn't been writing Bobby very well on Marauders so I doubt he would do better with the character on a different title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cover to X-men #1 is coming tomorrow and would’ve spoiled it. Or maybe later today if we’re lucky. I’m confident of that, and that’s why they chose to reveal in the way they did. To build buzz and anticipation (and jack up the orders) for it. Fingers crossed for Scott, Jean, Lorna, Storm, (adult) Cable and Wolverine (Laura) on this team. Don’t even care who else after that.
    Storm can’t be on this team because she’s on the Quiet Council.

The whole reason Jean is on this team is because she quit the Quiet Council

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    My prediction for Lorna came true again. Let's see whether my other predictions for the other members is going to come true tomorrow from the solicits.

Wolverine (original)
    Iceman

Iceman is underused in Marauders which the spotlight is mostly on Kate and Emma.
    Predicting Lorna was not really going out on a limb, everyone had that figured out as it was pretty much public knowledge just waiting for confirmation.

Iceman I think you are right about. He is on the Planet Size X-Men behind Jean. Magneto and Storm are on the other side. The latter will likely be a big part of Hickman's book that will expand things the way his New Avengers (the one that was all the non-smashy stuff) did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cover to X-men #1 is coming tomorrow and would’ve spoiled it. Or maybe later today if we’re lucky. I’m confident of that, and that’s why they chose to reveal in the way they did. To build buzz and anticipation (and jack up the orders) for it. Fingers crossed for Scott, Jean, Lorna, Storm, (adult) Cable and Wolverine (Laura) on this team. Don’t even care who else after that.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the traditional "Marvel cover with the characters blacked out that are gradually revealed over a few days". Solicits should hit late next week, so I'm guessing maybe they start to disclose the line-up for Duggan's book on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Wolverine (original)
    Iceman

Iceman is underused in Marauders, the spotlight is mostly on Kate and Emma.
    Some predict Rogue could be part of the team which would be great
    Duggan has always done a great job with the character

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A bold prediction to guess that Lorna, the most famous and popular character in the competition, would win the popularity contest.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, Hickman book titled The Losers is confirmed (edit: joke based on reveal strip). That last reveal felt less fun than the rest, which is a bit odd.
    I would read that book in a heart beat. Honestly these leftovers have a ton of potential.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

congrats Lorna fans!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't buy the speculation that his book is Uncanny X-Mdn though. Why build all the hype around this new team and then immediately also have another X-Men team without any buildup at all