View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So Forge, Strong guy, Boom Boom, Tempo lost.

The only popular ones left are Polaris, Banshee. It must be one of these two.

The next tweet will be Marrow and Armor lost.....

The tweet after that will be Sunspot and Cannonball lost , they are always best buddies ...

Isn't it coincidental that the people who lost are in the same columns?
    Conspiracy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So Forge, Strong guy, Boom Boom, Tempo lost.

The only popular ones left are Polaris, Banshee. It must be one of these two.

The next tweet will be Marrow and Armor lost.....

The tweet after that will be Sunspot and Cannonball lost , they are always best buddies ...

Isn't it coincidental that the people who lost are in the same columns?
    Id say Sam and Sunspot are popular, probably more so than Banshee.

With that said, I stated it was a give in that Polaris was winning this the minute Leah came out and talked about her plans "if" Lorna were to win the vote. Made it seem like she was already ready for her to leave X-factor in an active role bc thats what was discussed behind the scenes. If Lorna isnt chosen, I will be truly shocked

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Sunspot and Cannonball are quite popular. So I would not be of them losing yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So at this pace it looks like tomorrow they’ll reveal two more who didn’t make the cut, Wednesday two more, Thursday we’ll get the final reveal between the last two standing, and hopefully Friday the full reveal of Duggan/Larraz’s X-men team. Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sunspot and Cannonball are quite popular. So I would not be of them losing yet.
    On the voting Cannonball was far behind, no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So at this pace it looks like tomorrow they’ll reveal two more who didn’t make the cut, Wednesday two more, Thursday we’ll get the final reveal between the last two standing, and hopefully Friday the full reveal of Duggan/Larraz’s X-men team. Fingers crossed...
    I doubt they'll reveal the new X-Men team so soon and on Twitter. They probably won't wait until the comics come out because Marvel loves to spoil things in order to get press coverage, but Twitter is definitely too low-profile. To be honest I'll be surprised if they even reveal who the fan-picked candidate is between Banshee and Polaris.

I'm not sure they would give a full reveal of the team, since I thought the purpose of the vote was for people to read the event to find out who won. I could see them narrowing it down to the top two though, and maybe revealing the rest of the team to get people talking about it and thoughts they might have on how the final two could work within the team. Possibly showing a cover with the last member's spot obscured.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Oh, for Banshee's sonic scream as interpreted by Pepe Larraz!
    And poor Tabby. She's forever the messy drunk now, isn't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I doubt they'll reveal the new X-Men team so soon and on Twitter. They probably won't wait until the comics come out because Marvel loves to spoil things in order to get press coverage, but Twitter is definitely too low-profile. To be honest I'll be surprised if they even reveal who the fan-picked candidate is between Banshee and Polaris.
    We're probably going to know most of the team by the time solicits come out for this new volume of X-Men. They have to get people interested in actually pre-ordering this new book, it won't go off of the coattails of Hickman's volume because it is an entirely different creative team. And I can see them announcing it on Marvel.com through Twitter.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id say Sam and Sunspot are popular, probably more so than Banshee.
    I would have thought so too but Cannonball's placement after the first day of voting was really low, so low I'd say it's impossible for him to catch up. Sunspot was third if I recall correctly but again a long while away from the first two. Which again is surprising given Banshee has always been such a low-profile character and has been mostly dead, villainous or zombified in the last decade.

Retailers want to know about the team before ordering it

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Retailers want to know about the team before ordering it
    It also depends on whether the new X-Men team will be starring in Duggan & Larraz's X-Men starting in June or the new Hickman book starting in September - in this latter case, they could in theory hold the reveal until the Hellfire Gala hits the comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It also depends on whether the new X-Men team will be starring in Duggan & Larraz's X-Men starting in June or the new Hickman book starting in September - in this latter case, they could in theory hold the reveal until the Hellfire Gala hits the comics.
    From what I understand it's going to be the Duggan team. And honestly, that makes sense. They've been building up to this team since November already and there's no way that they'd leave all this build up for a YEAR. Hickman has already said it's amazing people let them get away with not having an actual team for a year already, two is pushing it. Hell, one and a half is pushing it, but that's where we're at.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would be a bit surprised if they revel who won soon unless they have some other major revel planned for the crossover as well. Lorna might win or she might not win. Hopefully, if she does win whoever is writing her will be able to find a good way for her to carve out a nitch on the team rather then adapting her to fit into another characters historically slotted role. The success Morrison had with Emma was showing how she could interact with the core x-women [and men] in a unique way.

Lorna doesn't fit Jean's role and she doesn't fit Storm's role. There are great things she can do to spice up the major X-Men soap if that reality is taken into account.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I would be a bit surprised if they revel who won soon unless they have some other major revel planned for the crossover as well. Lorna might win or she might not win. Hopefully, if she does win whoever is writing her will be able to find a good way for her to carve out a nitch on the team rather then adapting her to fit into another characters historically slotted role. The success Morrison had with Emma was showing how she could interact with the core x-women in a unique way.
    Really no. It was more how Scott and emma could be a couple