As a partial response to the "but Polaris is on X-Factor" matter, the way I see it, Lorna being part of X-Men means she could be taken off of X-Factor and therefore free up space for another character to join X-Factor.

In general, I agree with the philosophy of "character who has no use deserves it more than character who already has use." Marvel's full of characters that don't get enough recognition and use. The underlying matter for me is how to go about it. If this was 2014/2015, I think I would say Lorna shouldn't be on the poll because at that time she recently led ANXF and had a good AU depiction in Secret Wars. But after these past few years, I think there's a greater need for Lorna to be on X-Men (with better treatment assumed).

Of course, as already said, the idea of Lorna leaving X-Factor as part of joining X-Men is a double edged sword. It would make fans of X-Factor more likely not to vote for her, when they might have voted for her if she was never put on X-Factor in the first place.