View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

As a partial response to the "but Polaris is on X-Factor" matter, the way I see it, Lorna being part of X-Men means she could be taken off of X-Factor and therefore free up space for another character to join X-Factor.

In general, I agree with the philosophy of "character who has no use deserves it more than character who already has use." Marvel's full of characters that don't get enough recognition and use. The underlying matter for me is how to go about it. If this was 2014/2015, I think I would say Lorna shouldn't be on the poll because at that time she recently led ANXF and had a good AU depiction in Secret Wars. But after these past few years, I think there's a greater need for Lorna to be on X-Men (with better treatment assumed).

Of course, as already said, the idea of Lorna leaving X-Factor as part of joining X-Men is a double edged sword. It would make fans of X-Factor more likely not to vote for her, when they might have voted for her if she was never put on X-Factor in the first place.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

so who do you think will be also on the team? none of these others on the list neither anyone on the Council so that leaves still many options. Cyclops and Jean are locks right?

Is Hickman writing this?

I would love a team like this:

Cyclops and Jean (because we have too)
    Tempo
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    Rogue
    Kwannon or Betsy
    A picture would last longer darling...

It’s Tempo’s time! I hope she finally gets to be in the spotlight.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Tempo FTW!

Yikes, there's a bunch I would like to see but I would have to vote for Tempo because there's so much potential to build out her character. Plus her powers are dope.

But I also would consider Banshee, Polaris, and Sunspot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

I think Tempo getting on the team will be like what happened when Frenzy joined. They’ll take a sympathetic “villain” (I don’t really consider Tempo a villain) and make her a super fan favorite. I think Frenzy’s journey from villain to hero was great. And so I hope that happens for Tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

(By Jarrod Chilton)
    Love it. And I voted for her too. Although I’d love to also see Sean.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I’m so conflicted now.

But I’ll probably vote Tempo tomorrow.

So, SoulSword323 saw a tweet by Leah Williams on what would happen if Lorna won the poll.

I gave in-depth thoughts on the Polaris thread. I'll try to be shorter here.

Lorna being on X-Men and with a reduced role on X-Factor could actually be better for all parties. Less panel time of Lorna on X-Factor could mean adding a new member to the team. Simultaneously, a casual reader might see Lorna on X-Men, like what they see, want more of her, and end up reading X-Factor. That boost in presence could be more beneficial to X-Factor than Lorna exclusively on X-Factor. Writing of her may be better from both writers as there will be points of comparison on what works and what doesn't. And finally, I think Lorna serving as an advisor with reduced panel time is more respectful to her history and experience than the current status quo of simply being a team member. I'd actually support that change even if she didn't end up on X-Men.

Overall, I think this information improves her odds, but I doubt it's significant enough. Voting for her is still worth it regardless of expectations.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member

I willl vote for Tempo. With Banshee or her I'll be happy.
    I never liked Tempus because we already had a mutant with a similar name and abilities, Tempus seemed redundant to me, and overpowered.

Carey made good use of Tempo, it was never clear if she died in Age of X

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As a partial response to the "but Polaris is on X-Factor" matter, the way I see it, Lorna being part of X-Men means she could be taken off of X-Factor and therefore free up space for another character to join X-Factor.

In general, I agree with the philosophy of "character who has no use deserves it more than character who already has use." Marvel's full of characters that don't get enough recognition and use. The underlying matter for me is how to go about it. If this was 2014/2015, I think I would say Lorna shouldn't be on the poll because at that time she recently led ANXF and had a good AU depiction in Secret Wars. But after these past few years, I think there's a greater need for Lorna to be on X-Men (with better treatment assumed).

Of course, as already said, the idea of Lorna leaving X-Factor as part of joining X-Men is a double edged sword. It would make fans of X-Factor more likely not to vote for her, when they might have voted for her if she was never put on X-Factor in the first place.
    Your doing a lot of assuming that she would be removed form X factor just because she is on the X-men when more likely she would just be on both titles. Its not like there are not multiple people on multiple teams.

Amazing Member

Vote for the one who you want to win, not who you think will win.

That said, I'm onboard the Tempo train to triumph!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Your doing a lot of assuming that she would be removed form X factor just because she is on the X-men when more likely she would just be on both titles. Its not like there are not multiple people on multiple teams.
    My most recent post shows you're right on this, with the wrinkle that Lorna would have less panel time on X-Factor and serve in more of an advisor capacity than as part of the team.

Which in the case I made above, I think would actually be better for X-Factor than Lorna exclusively on X-Factor.

Accidentally voted for Cannonball, but I meant to vote for Sunspot. Specifically, USAvengers-era Sunspot. He was a riot.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Let's surprise them with Phantazia votes.
    I knew you’d pick her.