View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

For me this comes down to wanting a character who is either powerful, or has the potential to use their abilities in a number of imaginative ways. My second consideration is to read about someone who doesn't have years of detailed, in-depth history already. Enigmas are just more fun to read imho. And I tend towards characters who have untapped potential. So my vote goes to Tempo.

But if Tempo does win, for the love of God, please, please, please refresh her look. I don't mind the metallic gold armor/uniform per se, but the bucket helmet always bothered me. I'd like to see her face and hair. As for the electronic features in the helmet that prevent psionic intrusion, maybe update the science from the stone age to something more modern, like cerebral nanotech implants that offer the same protection? Or just build it into her power by establishing that her mind is neither here, nor there due to constant shifting from past to present to future and across near infinite timeline divergences, even when she's not actually using her powers, which makes her thoughts particularly slippery to grasp, even by the most powerful telepath. Or something like that.

After Tempo, Polaris, Banshee, Sunspot and Forge are my picks in that order.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-27-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    For me this comes down to wanting a character who is either powerful, or has the potential to use their abilities in a number of imaginative ways. My second consideration is to read about someone who doesn't have years of detailed, in-depth history already. Enigmas are just more fun to read imho. And I tend towards characters who have untapped potential. So my vote goes to Tempo.

But if Tempo does win, for the love of God, please, please, please refresh her look. I don't mind the metallic gold armor/uniform per se, but the bucket helmet always bothered me. I'd like see her face and hair. As for the electronic features in the helmet that prevent psionic intrusion, maybe update the science from the stone age to something more modern, like cerebral nanotech implants that offer the same protection? Or just build it into her power by establishing that her mind is neither here, nor there due to constant shifting from past to present to future and across near infinite timeline divergences, even when she's not actually using her powers, which makes her thoughts particularly slippery to grasp, even by the most powerful telepath. Or something like that.

After Tempo, Polaris, Banshee, Sunspot and Forge are my picks in that order.
    Man you need to speak that truth in my opinion she just needs a flat out new costume. Her costume is waaaaaaaay to 90s and not in a good way. There is no real reason for her to even have that costume it doesn't do anything for her. So yeah she needs a visual update.

Don't be silly, her costume rocks. And so few female heroes wear helmets. She should keep it.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Don’t you dare change Tempo’s beautiful bucket head! Do you know how much of a rarity it is to have female characters with weird costumes or designs? I like her the way she is.

Pretty solid list. I love everyone on the list with the exception of Armor.

I’m voting for Tempo. There’s so much Hickman can do with an obscure character like her. I find it exciting.....I’d imagine most of the votes are gonna go to Polaris, Cannonball, Sunspot, or maybe Banshee since they are the most popular. But I don’t want to see the same people getting the spotlight all the time. They’ve had their opportunities plenty of times (although Sean hasn’t had much in the last decade and a half).

Vote for Tempo!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

Banshee has been sidelined and abused for decades ; I blame the writers, of course. He needs a new look, and more inventive uses of his power set.
    Polaris and forge always worked Ed well with him, ....and then some younger xmen. And Strong Guy, of course.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

A vote for Tempo is a vote for communism.

Wait, that was supposed to do the opposite of getting your votes!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Just voted

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Kurt or bust
    So is the new book with Kurt technically not a team? But a bunch of x-Characters trying to solve a mystery? Being serious, no attitude intended.

Also, to anyone, is this a choice to put a character on any of the teams or a specific team? Or is this a new project entirely?

I would love it of Sean joined Kurt on his team. They always got along well, and Sean can be someone like Kurt that's usually grounded that can help direct the whole thing.

Now to pick a character that really was never used enough ever. or was ever an X-Man I'd go with Tempo. But I've been wanting Banshee back for a long time. Is he being used anywhere else at all?

I don't get the X-men fan underdog fetish but at least in this case it is directed at a character who has unique powers ,African American and is probably LGBTQ .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Just voted
    Tried was able to click on bubble but don’t see how to submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't get the X-men fan underdog fetish but at least in this case it is directed at a character who has unique powers ,African American and is probably LGBTQ .
    You don't understand why people don't want to see the same characters in every book?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It's interesting you say that while yourself using an underdog for your avatar.