View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    is so sad that marrow is so forggoten, she even had a chracter on marvel vs campcon on the 90s
    Actualy that's the reason she isn't forgotten. Thanks to having a spot in one of the most popular fighting games of the last 20 years (despite all the balance issues), she is generaly recognized even among non-comic readers.

Her problem is more that few if any writer are interested in using her and while she is well know, she sems to have hardly have any fans (hardly anyone who dislikes her either though).

So she exist in that in between state of being easily recognized but hardly used.

Side Note:
    When one clicks on her image on the vote they are directed to her Marvel.com biography entry, which i notice is not only 14 years out of date, but also contains the weird error of naming her "Sarah Knuckey".

Astonishing Member

I voted for Tempo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    So how do I vote? There is nowhere to vote on that website, I clicked on banshee picture and it just shows me his bio page.
    The poll won't appear if an adblocker is up.

Spectacular Member

with how mixed the picks are, I think the voting is actually legit.

see if it was rigged, I think they would have picked characters of similar popularity so that people won't be all too surprised/suspicious of whoever wins. for example, lets say hickman already has sunspot in his mind. you would think they'd add in the likes of rahne, karma and dani to give the illusion that those characters would have a chance of being picked but well turns out more people voted for sunspot, oh well.

or if we use a different example and say hickman wanted an obscure character like tempo, you'd think they'd pick other obscure characters.

I choose Sunspot but why one 1 character and why only these characters? Is this going to be like a weekly thing with different lists?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Please vote Rogue.

Is so depressing seeing her as wallpaper
    Did she get a chance to do anything in Excalibur? I stopped reading it a while ago.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Voted Banshee

Wish w could pick more than one. My top 3 are:

1. Marrow
    2. Tempo
    3. Polaris (who would be my #1 if she wasn't already in a book I'm reading)

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I choose Sunspot but why one 1 character and why only these characters? Is this going to be like a weekly thing with different lists?
    Why 1 character?

Because planning is done out in advance and it is easier to plan around one open space. I expect the character we vote on to be window dressing for a couple of months until they get integrated in, if they weren't already involved.

Why only these characters?

Quality control and most of these characters are not in a book as a primary role. Quality control because the internet as you can see is a bit of troll and they will vote for the worse character or strangest character they can just to screw things up so limiting the choice prevent that. Hickman probably has possible story beats most of these characters plan out when the fans pick ones He will just put it into action.

Also as I said before most of these characters are not in books and the line has a general rule of no character showing up in multiple books(unless they got a solo). It will not be a surprise if a couple of these characters make it on the team anyway. It is a double way to make people happy your character didn't get it hey look your character is already on the team.

Mighty Member

The top 3 so far

1. Tempo 61
    2. Polaris 42
    3. Banshee/Sunspot 31 each

I didn't expect Tempo to be so popular here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Why only these characters?

Quality control and most of these characters are not in a book as a primary role.
    Not true, they can be members of existing team but they can leave the team and join X-Men.

Polaris is a key member of X-Factor so why was she included? If she is voted in, maybe we can bring Polaris out of X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Not true, they can be members of existing team but they can leave the team and join X-Men.

Polaris is a key member of X-Factor so why was she included? If she is voted in, maybe we can bring Polaris out of X-Factor.
    uhmmm
    and MOST of these characters are not in a book as a primary role
    You do know what most means right? If I said ALL then it wouldn't have been true I know that Polaris, Armor, Forge are showing up in books, I know Canonball and Sunspots were key parts of a earlier books I said "most" for reason.

Polaris is the anomaly on the list. If I had to guess, which what I am doing they include Polaris to give her more attention. She wins she gets a higher profile gig, She loses no harm no foul she is still on book. Banshee and Polaris represent the B+ plus choice, Sunspot and Cannonball B choices, Armor and Strong Guy B- choices, Marrow and Tempo the C choices. They wanted a varied list with no "X-men" A-tier easy choice to make voting not fun if I had to guess.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-27-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Spectacular Member

So looking at the only Tempo appearance I've seen she uses her powers off screen to age whiskey for Sebastian Shaw...

that reminds me of the Staff of Aluneth in WoW - its a sentient weapon that talks to you - mostly either making fun of you or trying to get you to destroy stuff... when you conjure mana buns he says this to you:

"The very powers of the ancient titans are at your command, and you choose to create... tasty treats?"

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yes but that was overturned with the 1871 Act which incorporated Marvel as a private corporation owned by the Bank of London/the Vatican, and statue 201 states ,"...and Polaris shall be brainwashed or exiled to X-Factor in perpetuity."
    Shh, the public isn't supposed to know that X-Men is actually written by Pope Francis and Hickman is just an actor.

(Give it a year and some people on the internet will really believe this)
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Here's my line up for the x-men title