View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

im actually fairly certain everyone on this list has something planned for them, we should also remember that its not like only the selected official members for the X-men team will be in the book, the ones here who won't win probably will be a guest for a mission or even have them as a focus for a story, though some might have theirs addressed in a different book. it feels to me the selections here are too spread out in terms of their popularity to each other for them to just be random pickings, because if one of the goals of having this poll is to raise awareness for certain mutants then you'd think they'd pick more obscure or neglected characters that won't cause too much changes to the story if they are in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Here's my line up for the x-men title

I like this lineup. It opens the door for Lorna doing more with not just Jean, but Iceman as well, and her history with both has been sorely ignored these past decades. Still haven't seen any real reunion between Lorna and Jean since Jean's return, or discussion between Lorna and Iceman after he came out.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I voted for Tempo, I very much want to see Sunspot and Cannonball on a regular basis written by Hickman.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I voted Banshee because I’m so happy he’s fully back and I want him on roster.

Polaris would be my other vote but she’s in XFactor and I like her there.

I’m choosing to believe Dazzler is on the team and that’s why she’s not up for vote. LOL. I will never give up hope.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

X-corps is lurking around so M, Angel and Roberto I believe are link to that concept.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    X-corps is lurking around so M, Angel and Roberto I believe are link to that concept.
    Xmen 17 just name dropped X-corp again so I imagine we'll be getting that title maybe in the summer or early fall

When will the cast be revealed? I'm guessing they're in the process of drawing, since we're choosing the last member, so is it in like two months? Maybe more?

You know what? Give me an X-Men title with ALL of these characters and I'll be happier, everybody wins. It would be a cool variety of powers, ethnicities, nationalities, and cultural backgrounds.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I voted for Sunspot but I wouldn't mind Tempo being fleshed out if they got rid of that awful bullet head helmet; I've never taken the character seriously because her costume is so awful.
    Yeah, I don't care for the helmet be better if it was a head cap like Kitty used to wear when she just joined minus the long curly hair of course, no hair showing. Like the image posted a ways back with the alterations. And yes, its good for any character but I'd hate her to be any it girl flash in the pan but a fully fleshed out character with staying power. When's the last time anyone really graduated?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

How about this team: Jean and Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Tempo, Bishop, Iceman and Moonstar

Though Sunspot should then be on X-Corps (with Warren and Monet at least)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    When will the cast be revealed? I'm guessing they're in the process of drawing, since we're choosing the last member, so is it in like two months? Maybe more?
    Press release says the Hellfire Gala will be in June, but maybe the cast will be revealed sooner if they're in covers/solicits

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    im actually fairly certain everyone on this list has something planned for them, we should also remember that its not like only the selected official members for the X-men team will be in the book, the ones here who won't win probably will be a guest for a mission or even have them as a focus for a story, though some might have theirs addressed in a different book. it feels to me the selections here are too spread out in terms of their popularity to each other for them to just be random pickings, because if one of the goals of having this poll is to raise awareness for certain mutants then you'd think they'd pick more obscure or neglected characters that won't cause too much changes to the story if they are in the team.
    I'm also kind of thinking (hoping similar). The result will be in June, with the first real appearance of the team in July, so from a story point of view it's well enough ahead. But they'll be aware of the popularity of all these characters by just next week and can change plans accordingly.

It looks like some of them were always certain to be used at some point, but a couple, brilliantly, are right out of left field. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to think that overall Polaris is going to win the vote. But good showings from others could boost their likelihood of appearing on a team. There are some in the list who are interchangeable I guess, and all could easily be integrated into various teams.

It's a clever PR trick from Marvel, and I hope it goes well.

There will be people voting multiple times though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    The hints are already there in X-Men 17. The X-Men team should be powerhouses.

Definitely:
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Storm

Most probably:
    Iceman
    Havok
    Last edited by ericng; 01-28-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I like this lineup. It opens the door for Lorna doing more with not just Jean, but Iceman as well, and her history with both has been sorely ignored these past decades. Still haven't seen any real reunion between Lorna and Jean since Jean's return, or discussion between Lorna and Iceman after he came out.
    X-Men 17 has already hinted part of the lineup, Storm is in the team.

Let's hope Iceman leave Marauders and join the team as well.

I voted for Polaris as she is a powerhouse and long-time member. The protectors of Krakoa must be the most powerful mutants and also long-time member.