View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And my body is ready to bask in the glory that is Pepe's Polaris
    My body is ready for more Larraz Banshee!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

It’s got to be Lorna.

The Mar/meow/Armor clip said the winner has offensive and defensive capabilities.

Seas only has offensive capabilities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s got to be Lorna.

The Mar/meow/Armor clip said the winner has offensive and defensive capabilities.

They weren't just running against the fan vote candidates though, but against those who fill out the rest of the team too. Marrow could be refering to Cecilia Reyes for all we know, given her shield can be weaponized (in theory Armor's too, but it's just an example).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s got to be Lorna.
    Sean makes sonic shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    They weren't just running against the fan vote candidates though, but against those who fill out the rest of the team too. Marrow could be refering to Cecilia Reyes for all we know, given her shield can be weaponized (in theory Armor's too, but it's just an example).
    I doubt it was even written with that much in mind. Just about all characters have been pumped enough that even the most useless and barely defensive power has somehow found a way to be uber offensive in some way. I think it was just the way the joke needed to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Sean makes sonic shields.
    The flying thing is pretty stupid, but that's like stupider than Dumb And Dumber stupid. Like "Sean controls a fundamental force of the Universe" stupid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This cracked me up. "Is this about my ears?"

Now patiently waiting to see if they'll be revealing the winner by the end of the week or if that's it for the time being.
    I must be a psychic! I predicted the correct sequence a few days ago here and it came true.

First, Marrow and Armor results
    Second, Cannonball and Sunspot results revealed

It's obvious who's the winner now, it's Polaris!

But I do hope runner-up Banshee is going to join one of the other teams as well.
    Last edited by ericng; 04-14-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The flying thing is pretty stupid, but that's like stupider than Dumb And Dumber stupid. Like "Sean controls a fundamental force of the Universe" stupid.

Congrats Lorna! May your star continue to rise Queen!

If Lorna won, I could see tomorrow's reveal being Lorna and Banshee talking with the "five minutes later" being Lorna sulking... cut off in a way to get people thinking she lost, but the actual comic revealing she's sulking because she "didn't want to win."

I'd like to be wrong in a win scenario, that Marvel would depict Lorna ready to take up the mantle without hesitation as we saw her attitude develop from Genosha in the 00s. But Marvel's been going out of their way since the first issue of X-Factor to try to paint Lorna as someone who "doesn't want to be a leader" and "doesn't want to make waves" and just wants to hide away in some obscure corner of the X-verse where nobody will notice her. So that's likely how they would write her reacting to a win.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

IÂ’m a Lorna fan. But Sean has been SO abused and neglected. HeÂ’s long overdue for some spotlight. Besides, he and aliens were good friends in the earlier series. It would be great for them to join together!
    Last edited by bearman; 04-14-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If Lorna won, I could see tomorrow's reveal being Lorna and Banshee talking with the "five minutes later" being Lorna sulking... cut off in a way to get people thinking she lost, but the actual comic revealing she's sulking because she "didn't want to win."

I'd like to be wrong in a win scenario, that Marvel would depict Lorna ready to take up the mantle without hesitation as we saw her attitude develop from Genosha in the 00s. But Marvel's been going out of their way since the first issue of X-Factor to try to paint Lorna as someone who "doesn't want to be a leader" and "doesn't want to make waves" and just wants to hide away in some obscure corner of the X-verse where nobody will notice her. So that's likely how they would write her reacting to a win.
    Lorna defiantly saying that she was a big gun in X-Factor was her “not wanting to make waves” and “hidingin a corner”.

I get that you want bigger and better stories for the her, but not every appearance she makes is some calculated move to degrade the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Lorna defiantly saying that she was a big gun in X-Factor was her “not wanting to make waves” and “hidingin a corner”.

I get that you want bigger and better stories for the her, but not every appearance she makes is some calculated move to degrade the character.
    It's true that not every appearance is a calculated move. Bias operates subconsciously too. But some moves are calculated. Especially when it comes to making up excuses for preconceived notions about characters, their worth, and how they should be used based on those assumptions.

There's a lot I could say about the "big gun" line, but I'll refrain for now to not disrupt the current discussion. Just bear in mind that a one-liner to an enemy during a fight is different from taking a prominent political stance or position on a team.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Starting to think all the characters made the team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Starting to think all the characters made the team.
    I hope so. Imagine all the complaining.
    "Cable was right!"