View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm gonna guess polaris wins the vote..

I mean, knowing Hickman, results are set and it'll be roberto or sam though lol..
    I voted for Strong Guy. I think Hickman can use his powers or Armor's decently. Polaris or Roberto already have teams.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The whole point of the X-men is to be separate from the council. Now if the council members get the public to vote for who they want in *cough* Exodus and Mr Sinister *cough* then its fair game.
    Actually it's a great idea of council members jockeying and canvassing for their specific choice individuals to throw their hat in the ring.It would mean the voting would be drawn out over a few issues.A plain and simple vote just doesn't carry weight for me.It will be no different from how or why the swordsmen were picked for XoS.That bothered me, we just got them and that was that.I'd rather go into the 'why'
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-26-2021 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Not surprised to Hicks favorites on the voting list. It's like we don't have any choice either way.
    He is writing the book, It is not like he is going to let them put on a choice that he does care about in some manner and Hickman is the type who probably has options written for every character on the list. Beside we have seen what happens when you force a writer to put a character on that they don't care about they just show up in two panels every once in awhile. I mean voting a character on book doesn't mean writer will care about them so yeah we better hope that all these characters are Hickman favorites.

I know chances aren't high, but I would like Tempo to win. She has the most potential since she's the least used character on the list, and her time-based powers are more unique.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the list. Most of the characters are already appearing or recently appeared in other books (Armor, Polaris, Forge, Boom Boom) or have already gotten the spotlight from Hickman (Sunspot and Cannonball).
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 01-26-2021 at 03:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He is writing the book, It is not like he is going to let them put on a choice that he does care about in some manner and Hickman is the type who probably has options written for every character on the list. Beside we have seen what happens when you force a writer to put a character on that they don't care about they just show up in two panels every once in awhile. I mean voting a character on book doesn't mean writer will care about them so yeah we better hope that all these characters are Hickman favorites.
    Sure but it's not like Hickman's builds characters arcs when he is writing a team book. He usually writes them as a whole therefore for the most part it doesn't matter unless it's a popular character.

I was hoping at least one fo the trinity was on it (Maggott. Marrow, Cecelia Reyes obvs) I got my wish! But Tempo is there as well! AND BOOM BOOM!!! AND POLARIS!!!! AND CANNONBALLLLL!!!!

JUST PUT ALL THESE GUYS ON A TEAM AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Default Which character are you voting to be part of Hickman's X-Men?

Marvel is holding an official vote where readers will decide on one character to be added to Hickman's X-Men team debuting at the Hellfire Gala. I know there's already a separate thread, but I thought it'd be interesting to create a poll to see how this board differs from the general readership. It'll also give us a possible idea of who would win the vote since we may not know the results for awhile.

Click the link to go to the official vote:
    https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

*It allows you to vote now, although the fine print says the official voting occurs from 2:00am EST January 27, 2021, to 11:59pm EST February 2, 2021.

Last edited by nightw1ng; 01-26-2021 at 05:55 AM.

I voted Sunspot, He should be a X-men main team mainstay already.

I love Polaris, Forge and Armor, but they're already appearing in other books. I hope whoever wins is someone who isn't being used.
    Tempo seems like the most interesting choice. We've already seen a lot of Hickman's Sunspot and we know he'll show up eventually anyway.
    Tempo has never gotten a big push like this.

Astonishing Member

I'll be voting Polaris when the polls open. Hickman writes a mean Polaris and well I like her. Tempo comes in at a close second.

Astonishing Member

Polaris. Master of magnetism, heir to the throne of M, one of the oldest female X-Men members, and she's just all around kick ass.

Plus it's been a while since she's been on a main X-Men team.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Forge baby, we haven't seen him part of the team in forever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'll be voting Polaris when the polls open. Hickman writes a mean Polaris and well I like her. Tempo comes in at a close second.
    Love the idea of Tempo, see almost every team has the customary teleporter, but rarely do we get a chronokinesis purveyor yet that power of time manipulation can be used in very ingenious ways to help team mates by either basically using Tempo as a speedster or taking the team moments into the future basically a chronal jump, instead of a spatial jump like teleporters do, she wouldn't need to evacuate anyone just forward or backward jump before an imminent threat comes to pass or has passed.I think this is a super idea and writers can use her in ingenious ways, if they know how

I love Sunspot, but would prefer him in X-Corp
    For once, Polaris is viewed favorably by the lead writer of the x-books, so I'd love to have her chosen
    Banshee too, he definitely deserves to be in a book

Astonishing Member

I also feel to avoid overusing the same mutants in many books, Logan for example should stick to X-Force and we have Mercury as the slicer and dicer of the team.I've always seen her power as more flexible in both combat and infiltration. Or they could use Shinobi Shaw as the team's phaser( he is more like Vision than Shadowcat so that is even better).Karma could be the telepath. I feel like this would ruffle some feathers as these are not classic or legacy names, but then we have many titles and I don't want same individuals appearing in multiple titles.There are enough Krakoans for that not to be the case