View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Starting to think all the characters made the team.
    I'm pretty sure they won't

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's true that not every appearance is a calculated move. Bias operates subconsciously too. But some moves are calculated. Especially when it comes to making up excuses for preconceived notions about characters, their worth, and how they should be used based on those assumptions.

There's a lot I could say about the "big gun" line, but I'll refrain for now to not disrupt the current discussion. Just bear in mind that a one-liner to an enemy during a fight is different from taking a prominent political stance or position on a team.
    More show, don't tell pls
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-14-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Starting to think all the characters made the team.
    Why would you think that?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd be happy with either one. It's been ages since Lorna has interacted with Scott and Jean on a regular, on the same squad basis, and Sean hasn't really been used at all in forever.
    Same here. Either one would be good with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why would you think that?
    if the mini scenes are true, then only Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy and Banshee made the team.

IMHO, while I like Forge and Strong Guy, I wouldn't put their popularity above Cannonball and Sunspot. Polaris is the only one I consider semi-popular...so I understand if she makes it
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Forge and Strong Guy were the first ones announced to have lost.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Forge and Strong Guy were the first ones announced to have lost.
    Well hell, That just leaves Banshee and Polaris...a team of 4.

Scott, Jean, Polaris and Banshee...while I can easily do a X-Fantastic Four, I highly doubt that will be the team.

Extraordinary Member

There's misdirection and then there's false advertising. Making all the fans who voted feel like their votes never mattered in the first place would be worse than the tonal shifts in the middle of XoS. There will be 1 person from this group and a bunch of others who were chosen by the writers last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There's misdirection and then there's false advertising. Making all the fans who voted feel like their votes never mattered in the first place would be worse than the tonal shifts in the middle of XoS. There will be 1 person from this group and a bunch of others who were chosen by the writers last year.
    I hop not. The more I think about it, the more I like all those characters working together as a team

Extraordinary Member

Scott, Jean, Polaris and Banshee...while I can easily do a X-Fantastic Four, I highly doubt that will be the team.
    The fan vote and the in story vote might be two different things. There could be a different way the teams are decided in story and these strips might be out of continuity and just to spoil the fan vote.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah, I feel people saying things like everyone made it are just not following interviews and what Marvel has been saying about the election. It'd make no sense for all of the losing votes to be on the team.

Banshee isn't on the team, only scott, jean and by tomorrow, Polaris, are known members. We'll find out the full lineup with the X-Men #1 soliciation soon.

I hop not. The more I think about it, the more I like all those characters working together as a team
    I think the others will be chosen from in comic factions on Krakoa - or those that existed before the island was settled. Who is the most popular Acolyte among the populace? The most popular Morlok? And so on...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I feel people saying things like everyone made it are just not following interviews and what Marvel has been saying about the election. It'd make no sense for all of the losing votes to be on the team.

Banshee isn't on the team, only scott, jean and by tomorrow, Polaris, are known members. We'll find out the full lineup with the X-Men #1 soliciation soon.
    I don't know dude, they could be pulling the wool over our eyes. Though, in retrospect my precog ability is horrible. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, for them to outright lie would be horrible PR at best and financially dangerous at worst. They said 1 person from this list would be on the team. Even having 2 would be outright false advertising. If all 10 are on the team, then the vote itself was pointless. If even 2 are on the team, then the vote was held under false pretenses and many people may have changed their votes if they had known the truth. There's no room for Marvel to bend the truth in something which involved fan participation and voting. Companies get sued for false advertising like that, so there is no way Marvel would take that kind of risk to their reputation.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

I'll be totally crushed if they don't reveal the winner tomorrow although to be honest I don't really expect them to. I'm a bit more hopeful for a full roster reveal when the solicitations come out later this month though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The only ones we know for certain are Jean and Scott.
    It's highly speculated that the next member will be Polaris (the presumed winner of the fan-vote). We have no inkling who the other members will be nor how many members will make up this official iteration of the X-Men...it could be any number.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!