View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean
    Scott
    Lorna
    Laura
    Synch
    I think it’s gonna be this

But I’m hoping that Rogue and Captain Britain get taken from Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Betsy out of exacalibur? no chance o that

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    You're right, whatever floats your boat. I have to say, I do actually think about just that, and I was just thinking about it before I read your post. Specifically what I was thinking is that we've been given the first three members of a team of probably eight, and so far they're all white and straight.

I'm kind of wondering now whether there will be any mutants of colour, and, or LGBTQ+ mutants included, and I think there has to be representations of both of those communities. After all, this is going to be one of the highest profile books in the line and for me that representation is crucial.
    I thought Storm was pretty much confirmed to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well if Duggan wants him there (and he clearly loves writing Cable), he'll be there. I dont imagine the Stryfe plot will be wrapped up in the final 2 issues of Cable, so I suspect it will get tackled in the new X-men book and with Scott and Jean already there, it seems like a good fit for Cable. Just my guess
    Agreed. My thinking is along the same lines, which is why my fingers are crossed so hard right now...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I thought Storm was pretty much confirmed to be there?
    I think the rule was no members of the council could be on the team which was why Jean left the council, so it seems she's confirmed not to be there unless she also leaves the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Betsy out of exacalibur? no chance o that
    ugh let me dream

Cyclops marvel girl polaris rogue old man cable iceman toad vulcan

Hopefully the cast isn't to bloated and this whole yearly shake up isn't actual one year for us and 12 issues,that would be way to much turn over and a hard was to tell a storyline as most take multiple issues now days.

Anyways always wanted a fresher take on the team with some new and lesser characters getting the spotlight while also kind of covering all your bases.It would be a little surprising but would like a team like this(also the team I think could work for the reboot MCU)

Armor
    Charles Xavier
    Cyclops
    Dust
    Northstar
    Storm
    Warpath

You're right, whatever floats your boat. I have to say, I do actually think about just that, and I was just thinking about it before I read your post. Specifically what I was thinking is that we've been given the first three members of a team of probably eight, and so far they're all white and straight.

I'm kind of wondering now whether there will be any mutants of colour, and, or LGBTQ+ mutants included, and I think there has to be representations of both of those communities. After all, this is going to be one of the highest profile books in the line and for me that representation is crucial.
    If the X-Men title tries to cater to every individuals wants/needs/insecurities the title will fail, the total x-title line though caters for EVERYBODY.
    Oh I loved the days when comics where just that, comics, and not a statement of some kind.
    I'm sure Storm and many others will feature in this title.
    Krakoa can represent the vegans of the world lol
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-15-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I think the rule was no members of the council could be on the team which was why Jean left the council, so it seems she's confirmed not to be there unless she also leaves the council.
    Oh, you're right. There was this issue. I wonder why he took her off of Marauders then...

Extraordinary Member

We still don't know the rules for this election in-universe, how the nomination process works, if there is ranked voting, ect, but I still have certain expectations for how a vote should go.

Based on the idea that anyone can be nominated or run, I believe it will be the those mutants with the biggest name recognition. Dazzler the singer/celebrity. Angel the billionaire playboy. Maybe Hope has seen her star rise as the leader of The Five. Wolverine in-universe may not be quite as popular as he is in the real world, but he's still one of the most high-profile X-Men. The only way I see Magik not being elected is if she doesn't want it. At this point she'd be a household name on Krakoa in a way no other New Mutant would be and people trust her to get things done. It's very possible she decides on her own not to accept the nomination or position, but if given the choice there is no way Krakoans would vote for Dani or Warpath over her. 'I don't want it' is their get-out-of-jail-free' card for every mutant who should logically win what amounts to a popularity contest but doesn't. In-universe Lorna being Magneto's daughter probably helped push her over the top.

Magik was also one of the Captains alongside Cyclops - the military leaders. So yeah, she'd be pretty well known on Krakoa.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    We still don't know the rules for this election in-universe, how the nomination process works, if there is ranked voting, ect, but I still have certain expectations for how a vote should go.

Based on the idea that anyone can be nominated or run, I believe it will be the those mutants with the biggest name recognition. Dazzler the singer/celebrity. Angel the billionaire playboy. Maybe Hope has seen her star rise as the leader of The Five. Wolverine in-universe may not be quite as popular as he is in the real world, but he's still one of the most high-profile X-Men. The only way I see Magik not being elected is if she doesn't want it. At this point she'd be a household name on Krakoa in a way no other New Mutant would be and people trust her to get things done. It's very possible she decides on her own not to accept the nomination or position, but if given the choice there is no way Krakoans would vote for Dani or Warpath over her. 'I don't want it' is their get-out-of-jail-free' card for every mutant who should logically win what amounts to a popularity contest but doesn't. In-universe Lorna being Magneto's daughter probably helped push her over the top.
    Things depend also on what limits the vote. Is Krakoa arranged into districts, with one person per district outside of Scott, Jean, and one overall vote getter in Lorna? It doesn't matter who three people with runaway popularity are if they are stuck running against each other, only one can be chosen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I hope at least Rogue leaves excalibur, that book isn't doing her any favors.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Will America wake up and give me my X-Men #1 reveal already? I'm already halfway through my day here :P