View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Tempo, see almost every team has the customary teleporter, but rarely do we get a chronokinesis purveyor yet that power of time manipulation can be used in very ingenious ways to help team mates by either basically using Tempo as a speedster or taking the team moments into the future basically a chronal jump, instead of a spatial jump like teleporters do, she wouldn't need to evacuate anyone just forward or backward jump before an imminent threat comes to pass or has passed(if she's powerful enough to do that anyway).Tempo intrigues me as perhaps the member with the coolest power on this list

Mighty Member

We have to vote for somebody who isn't already on a team. I don't like Wolvie on too many teams, he's already active on X-Force.

Ultimate Member

Tempo. Every team needs a former villain. And she's one of the few wild cards who the writer can do just about anything with, because her story hasn't really been told.

Although I do love me some Sunspot, but he's already got stuff going on. Same with a few of these folk, like Polaris and Forge. I'd pick Banshee and Boom-Boom, next, because they aren't being seen anywhere else regularly.

I think I'd be happy with any character who hasn't gotten much use in a long time like Banshee, Marrow, Strong Guy, or Tempo. However, Tempo is my choice, because as the least written about character on the list, she has the most potential for development by Hickman (personality, backstory, and powerset utilization-wise).

I voted for Sunspot. Hickman clearly loves him, he's an underrated character, adds diversity, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Big disappointment, we cannon free chose, they have made a selection for us, choosing between;

Banshee
    Polaris
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Strong Guy
    Armor
    Tempo
    Forge
    Boom Boom
    Marrow

I will go for Sunspot, as he deserves to be on a X-title.
    Marrow is on that list?
    In an era where the X-men have every mutant from across their history at their disposale, with all the wonderous and usefull powers, why would any team pick a person who's main power is just rapid healing and blades comming out of the body? *Wolverine family Image*

Joke aside, this in connection with the Women of Marvel one-shot gets me worried someone at Marvel is trying to push her to some degree, which could easily backfire.

Polaris and Forge seem like odd choices given they are allready tied to other books (though that never stopped Wolverine). Boom Boom and Strong guy also seem a bit out of place given the above mentioned "every mutant at their disposale".

Sunspot, Banshee and Cannonball are good choices as they are veteran characters, have usefull powers and are well established. Armor allready had a push in the past and seems relatively well recieved so she isn't a bad pick either.

As for Tempo. She is quite an underdog in the list, not particular well known and mostly used as villain underling in the past. But she has usefull powers and would add to diversify the team. So i would vote her.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-26-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Fantastic Member

(Only these 3 Strong guy, Tempo, Boom boom never been a official member of X-men). Boomboom the same as Jubilee . Guido has a lot of stories to tell( his painful life, as king of hell, CBR's the unluckiest mutant )

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Although it would be fun to see Marrow of Tempo on the team, I voted for Sunspot, as he deserves to be on the core X-Men team by now.

Note: Let us not forget to vote at the actual Marvel side, because there it does matter.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

First of all, I'm really loving this marketing stunt, I think it's a very fun idea so well done Marvel!

In terms of my vote... not an easy choice as I think all of these characters have the potential to be a fun addition if written by Hickman. In the end I voted for Polaris but I was really torn between her and Sunspot or Cannonball. To be honest I feel Roberto will likely win this on the strength of Hickman's writing of him. And because he's hot.

I had to look her up - thought people meant Tempus, who's one of the Five and thus not available.

So Tempo is actually from the MLF... that could cause conflict with other team members, could be interesting.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Heath...er_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sunspot because I haven no idea when X-Corp is coming out, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Polaris. Master of magnetism, heir to the throne of M, one of the oldest female X-Men members, and she's just all around kick ass.

Plus it's been a while since she's been on a main X-Men team.
    Isn't she already in X-Factor? I think someone not already in use should get the roster spot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It will be fun to see how they'll explain the vote for this candidate in the comics especially if they aren't particularly popular with the mutant community - I can see people like Sam, Forge or Lorna being well-liked on Krakoa, much less so Marrow or Tempo.

I choose this Sexy Machine

I voted for Sean. I want to finally hear from his perspective on his rebirths, maybe his thoughts on how he was kept in stasis by Hank and his zombie like state afterwards and his relationship with his family.