View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1045

Is this what x-fandom has become? People more concerned with powers and not character composition and personalities? Who cares if some of them have relatively similar powers? They're vastly different personalities and that's what makes a team and a story interesting. CC would be disappointed in all of you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I agree, but it is a little different than one good deed erasing several bad. I just don't know if the Vault was something on the same level or something most if any would know about or care, and if they were even back from that in time for all the nominations and voting.

Part of me is starting to think jwatson is on the right track and this team might be going up against the Vault very soon. Maybe there was only three spots for voting, and Synch and Laura were brought on for a specific reason. Would that cause waves on Krakoa? It would be typical, Scott could have just made a team and no one would care, but if he opened the voting, brought on the elected members, and then added two more for reasons, everyone (Krakoans) would make a stink.
    Yeah, interesting. I'm loving all the possible political intrigue on the island, and you've just given me even more possibilities to consider. I've been wanting to see more about the machinations leading up to the voting, such as campaigns etc, but I'm now assuming we won't get much except for some data pages, which I suppose I'll be happy with.

A fight with the children of the vault has to, as you say, be a real possibility.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Yeah, China and Korea mutants would totally vote for the japanese guy.
    Definitely not. Don't you realize that Chinese don't really like Japanese? Japanese killed a lot of Chinese in WW2 and Chinese movies usually portray Japanese as evil.

I'm not being racist , just stating what I observed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Are you implying Xavier might have manipulated the results of the first Krakoan election? How very dare you!
    25 years I have been reading these boards and I have never been so shocked......

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Definitely not. Don't you realize that Chinese don't really like Japanese? Japanese killed a lot of Chinese in WW2 and Chinese movies usually portray Japanese as evil.

I'm not being racist , just stating what I observed.
    I was being sarcastic. Asian people (as in born and living in Asia, not westerner of asian decent) are far from being some united community. Most of them think in terms of country, or religions, or tribes, but not much in terms of that fictional "asian race".
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    See I disagree with the cleverness of it all like Synch makes it so Rogue is redundant she should be gone, Jean does what Polaris does just better plus she has telepathy so Polaris brings nothing like those 2 should not be here IMO.
    Lorna’s powers are much more complicated then levitation of metal. But, let’s dumb them down to just that in the end of the day how Lorna uses that power could and should differ greatly from Jean.

Lorna if she wants to can been remorselessly brutal in a way you won’t see with Jean with shards and shrapnel.

In the end of the day if Jean and Lorna manage to succeed on the same team how they use force and what they think about humanity and politics will be the kind of issues that can make it work.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    25 years I have been reading these boards and I have never been so shocked......

You're my new favourite poster.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna’s powers are much more complicated then levitation of metal. But, let’s dumb them down to just that in the end of the day how Lorna uses that power could and should differ greatly from Jean.

Lorna if she wants to can been remorselessly brutal in a way you won’t see with Jean with shards and shrapnel.

In the end of the day if Jean and Lorna manage to succeed on the same team how they use force and what they think about humanity and politics will be the kind of issues that can make it work.
    You know your stuffs. *thumbs up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Is this what x-fandom has become? People more concerned with powers and not character composition and personalities? Who cares if some of them have relatively similar powers? They're vastly different personalities and that's what makes a team and a story interesting. CC would be disappointed in all of you.
    Agreed and undersigned. I personally couldn't care less about powers, "feats" and that whole bit. Hell my favourite Storm of all time was when she was powerless! Personalities and team dynamics are where all the real fun is for me.

That's basically true in-universe as well: why else would they let team members get voted on instead of the Captains or the QC picking a well-balanced team? What if the people of Krakoa voted for a team made up entirely of psychics? Personality > Powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Writers can't keep a personality fo characters, they are always changing to suit stories

I just want to add quickly that there are plenty of potential applications of Lorna's powers that differ greatly from what Jean can do, given the electromagnetic nature of Lorna's powers. I'm purposely not saying them here in case doing so would somehow prevent people at Marvel from doing those things. But Lorna's possibilities aren't limited strictly to the physical or molecular, and there are areas that can be explored without slipping into psychic territory either.

The key in all this is electromagnetism. What it's used for. Where it shows up. Following the research and applications of that would extend to what Lorna can do. Is all I'll say at the moment.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10
    Writers can't keep a personality fo characters, they are always changing to suit stories
    And that means characters that share similar powers can't or don't work on the same teams?

3 telepaths (Monet, Rachel, Psylocke), 3 telekinetics (Monet, Rachel, Psylocke), 2 characters with super-strength and durability (Vampire Jubilee, Monet), 4 characters that can fly (Storm, Monet, Rachel, Psylocke).

3 telepaths (Jean, Quire, Sage), 2 telekinetics (Quire, Jean), 2 characters with super-strength (Beast, Colossus).

4 characters with tracking powers and enhanced senses (Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Wolfsbane), 2 characters with regenerative powers (Wolverine, X-23), 3 characters with adamantium weapons (Wolverine, X-23, Warpath), 2 characters with super strength (Wolfsbane, Warpath), 3 characters with 'claws' (Wolsfbane, Wolverine, X-23)

And there are more. There is nothing wrong with having characters with similar powers on the same team, it's how you use them that counts. I'd argue it's even more interesting because then the writer is somewhat forced to individualize them even further in terms of specializations and personality. Again, I don't view this as a con at all but in most ways a pro.

At the very worst, Duggan uses Rogue like he did in UA, as primarily the flying brick of the team. At best, he finds a way of using both Everetts ability to "synch" powers and Anna's ability to absorb abilities in different and creative ways. It's a win win scenario and I honestly don't think anyone should be concerned about overlap.

Man, that hunter-killer-tracker Kyle/Yost/Crain/Choi X-Force squad was great! So, yeah, having the same powers on a team is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    And that means characters that share similar powers can't or don't work on the same teams?

3 telepaths (Monet, Rachel, Psylocke), 3 telekinetics (Monet, Rachel, Psylocke), 2 characters with super-strength and durability (Vampire Jubilee, Monet), 4 characters that can fly (Storm, Monet, Rachel, Psylocke).

3 telepaths (Jean, Quire, Sage), 2 telekinetics (Quire, Jean), 2 characters with super-strength (Beast, Colossus).

4 characters with tracking powers and enhanced senses (Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Wolfsbane), 2 characters with regenerative powers (Wolverine, X-23), 3 characters with adamantium weapons (Wolverine, X-23, Warpath), 2 characters with super strength (Wolfsbane, Warpath), 3 characters with 'claws' (Wolsfbane, Wolverine, X-23)

And there are more. There is nothing wrong with having characters with similar powers on the same team, it's how you use them that counts. I'd argue it's even more interesting because then the writer is somewhat forced to individualize them even further in terms of specializations and personality. Again, I don't view this as a con at all but in most ways a pro.

At the very worst, Duggan uses Rogue like he did in UA, as primarily the flying brick of the team. At best, he finds a way of using both Everetts ability to "synch" powers and Anna's ability to absorb abilities in different and creative ways. It's a win win scenario and I honestly don't think anyone should be concerned about overlap.
    Thank you for posting this, I don't know why people are acting brand new when it comes to the X-Men.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    You made the mistake in thinking that people were genuine in their complaints. The complaining isn't really about multiple characters with same powers it is about getting rid of characters they deem as pointless and or less worthy of spot. I personally think that X-men are wide enough group that they don't have to duplicate powers but clearly Rogue is Duggan favorite which is she is on the team. I am not tripping I know they can be used differently enough I mean Rogue is more of long term power absorber and Synch is more of short term power mimic. Rogue presents more of an opportunity to keep unique fun power around Rogue could absorb Tempo abilities and keep around for couple issues. Synch is more about using powers mimic for one big moment and moving on.

What I have always love about Rogues powers is that she can negate/weaken a person powers, knock out a person with her touch or even use it as death touch. Rogue is also underrated information resource she can absorb memories and skills as well. The thing people view as weak point I have always view as strength. I have talk about Synch ability to track mutants, The other thing Synch is useful for would be gauging the power level of characters and quick analysis of their power. They both have things they can do as the side effect of their powers.