Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, that falls on the comics division not taking advantage of the show's popularity.
    To have the comics resemble the show they would need to screw up their whole continuity, and that would cost them probably more readers than they would gain from the show.

OK Artemis is smaller problem, since she is a pretty obscure character in the comics. But when it comes to the relative ages of different characters, to which characters are close to each other or where together on a team, the differences are just to big.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To have the comics resemble the show they would need to screw up their whole continuity, and that would cost them probably more readers than they would gain from the show.

OK Artemis is smaller problem, since she is a pretty obscure character in the comics. But when it comes to the relative ages of different characters, to which characters are close to each other or where together on a team, the differences are just to big.
    I'm not asking for everything from the show to forced into the comics but the relevant parts that people are fans of should be properly integrated carefully. This isn't difficult or at least it shouldn't be. Jimmy Olsen was created for the Superman radio show and brought in without much fuss. Mr Freeze's origin from Batman: TAS was integrated into the comics. The New 52 was a perfect opportunity to bring in the YJ version of Artemis instead of having her cameo in The Culling and then being killed off with little fanfare.

It still blows my mind that DC has barely utilized the character in comics. A complete waste and a blown opportunity to take advantage of her mainstream popularity.

I mean, sure, her relationship with Wally can be different like maybe exes who are now good friends type of deal but I don't think bringing pre-Flashpoint version of her and ignoring animation altogether would help her visibility.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with her in the second season of Stargirl.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with her in the second season of Stargirl.
    I hope they make her a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot she was in Stargirl. And weird how Sportsmaster and Tigress make for true contenders for the shows best couple and supportive parents.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Only if we are starting from scratch again with a teenage Wally but I prefer to see the grown up and married Wally West with kids.

Plus I like the classic comic book Tigress who was a villain and had a relationship with Mahkent.

If they want to incorporate YJ Artemis, they could make her the younger sister of the classic Artemis or make her a completely different character and maybe build a dynamic between her and Wallace West.
    Having her character interact with Wallace is a good way of adding YJ Artemis without ruining Wally's established relationships.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    I hope they make her a villain.
    I think we'll see her be part of the new ISA along with the other ISA kids.

I agree that the apple won't fall far from the tree, but what will she wear? They gave her mother the costume she wore in the pre-Flashpoint comics, and Stargirl is usually comic accurate with it's costumes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree that the apple won't fall far from the tree, but what will she wear? They gave her mother the costume she wore in the pre-Flashpoint comics, and Stargirl is usually comic accurate with it's costumes.
    A modified version of her mother's costume? Or maybe use the YJ design.

By Jade you mean Cheshire, right? Most people would think of Alan Scott's daughter when you say Jade. Roy, unfortunately, is currently dead.
    Yes, I meant Cheshire. As for Roy, I doubt he's dead forever.

We don't know for sure if she will follow in her parents' footsteps. Only Shiv seemed interested in doing so and she was deliberately raised that way. She really could go either way.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-28-2021 at 01:08 AM.

I know her from the cartoon and thought she was a fun character.

I'd probably give her a miniseries showcasing her life in the comics. I'd probably nix a relationship with Wally or Wallace and just go in a new territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We don't know for sure if she will follow in her parents' footsteps. Only Shiv seemed interested in doing so and she was deliberately raised that way. She really could go either way.
    As aggressive as she's shown as being, I think she'll take after her parents here.

YJ Artemis is my definitive version of the character (the same goes for Ms. Martian). I adore her, the comic book version not so much.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."