Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Artemis Crock Appreciation 2021

An appreciation thread for Artemis Crock, any and all versions.

Created by Roy Thomas and Todd McFarlane

I wonder if they were planning to heel face turn her before New 52 happened? A pregnant Tigress and Icicle had just been involved in a teamup with Hourman and Liberty Belle, and the story ended with Artemis giving birth. Shortly after, the Young Justice cartoon started with Artemis reimagined as a hero. So was she also going to be a hero in the comics? When she did show up in New 52, she was a villain as usual.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder what would people think of her joining the Flash book post-March? Book is written by one of the Young Justice creators so having a Black Cat like dynamic with Wally would be interesting, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I wonder what would people think of her joining the Flash book post-March? Book is written by one of the Young Justice creators so having a Black Cat like dynamic with Wally would be interesting, no?
    It would just come across as a cheap attempt at replicating the Spider-Man/Black Cat dynamic which is itself a copy of the Batman/Catwoman dynamic. The last thing the Flash book should be doing is copying two far more popular franchises in such a shallow way.

I'd rather just bring in her depiction from the YJ show (minus the Wally relationship but they could be friends or exes). Put her in a book with Roy and Jade.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Is it confirmed she's still a villain? Their YJ relationship wasn't really like Black Cat/Spider.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Wally's already been through that dynamic with Magenta and backwards inserting some random character he has nothing to do with in his history to upset his marriage would be weird and dumb. The show's completely different. Wally's dead in the show and his relationship with Artemis no longer exists, anyhow. Also when YJ started Wally was kicked out of comics and then summarily erased from history and being The Flash so there's no reason to think they ever had plans like that.

If they re-introduce Artemis/Tigress in the comics, I'd imagine she'll be back with Icicle Jr. unless they lean super hard on the cartoon take.

Spectacular Member

Problem with that idea:
    1) Wally is happily married with two kids (seriously Wally and Linda have just reunited after years of nonexistence and DC screwing with Wally) so him entering a Batman/Catwoman relationship is a no-go if readers are supposed to support the relationship
    2) He outgrew the stage in his life where he would cheat on someone or be part in adultery
    3) He has already had the villain/hero dynamic with Francine/Magneta so there is no need to repeat it with another character that he has had no prior relationship of any kind, the only connection that they have in the comics is Jesse.
    4) Vietti is NOT writing for the Flash outside of Future State, Jeremy Adams is writing the book and he has only written one episode for the cartoon (Nevermore).
    5) After how adding Felicity Smoak to the Green Arrow books backfired I think DC is going to be a bit more cautious when it comes to adding things from a show or movie to the comics just because fans of the show/movie like it.
    6) When Artemis Crock is brought into the comics odds are they will have her where she was left off pre-52, happily married to Cameron Mahkent with a baby girl.

Only if we are starting from scratch again with a teenage Wally but I prefer to see the grown up and married Wally West with kids.

Plus I like the classic comic book Tigress who was a villain and had a relationship with Mahkent.

If they want to incorporate YJ Artemis, they could make her the younger sister of the classic Artemis or make her a completely different character and maybe build a dynamic between her and Wallace West.

According to Weisman, YJ Artemis was likely majoring in Comparative Literature.

https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg....php?qid=16910

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Only if we are starting from scratch again with a teenage Wally but I prefer to see the grown up and married Wally West with kids.

Plus I like the classic comic book Tigress who was a villain and had a relationship with Mahkent.

If they want to incorporate YJ Artemis, they could make her the younger sister of the classic Artemis or make her a completely different character and maybe build a dynamic between her and Wallace West.
    She'd need to be her cousin, like the two Wallace Wests. No parents would give two daughters the same first name.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It would just come across as a cheap attempt at replicating the Spider-Man/Black Cat dynamic which is itself a copy of the Batman/Catwoman dynamic. The last thing the Flash book should be doing is copying two far more popular franchises in such a shallow way.

I'd rather just bring in her depiction from the YJ show (minus the Wally relationship but they could be friends or exes). Put her in a book with Roy and Jade.
    By Jade you mean Cheshire, right? Most people would think of Alan Scott's daughter when you say Jade. Roy, unfortunately, is currently dead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-27-2021 at 03:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Sometimes I'm really wondering if DC is not doing it self a big disservice by allowing adaptations in other media to stray that far from the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Sometimes I'm really wondering if DC is not doing it self a big disservice by allowing adaptations in other media to stray that far from the source material.
    It depends on the execution. Personally, I prefer Artemis and Cheshire to their comic versions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It depends on the execution. Personally, I prefer Artemis and Cheshire to their comic versions.
    And that's what I mean, they are creating fans for characters and teams that don't exist in the comics, or are at least drastically different form the comics version.

A fan of the YJ-Show will hardly find anything that he likes from the show in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And that's what I mean, they are creating fans for characters and teams that don't exist in the comics, or are at least drastically different form the comics version.

A fan of the YJ-Show will hardly find anything that he likes from the show in the comics.
    Well, that falls on the comics division not taking advantage of the show's popularity.