Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I think any popularity that might be there does not likely stretch into the comics reading base. And most of the things YJ fans like about her do not translate well into the comics current history and characters. She's all interpersonal relationships and those relationships are just not there to be capitalized on because they're all different characters.
    DC has reinvented comic characters to suit their depictions in adaptations before. Hell, the point of that is usually to get fans of those adaptations into the reading base.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC has reinvented comic characters to suit their depictions in adaptations before. Hell, the point of that is usually to get fans of those adaptations into the reading base.
    But in most cases where that worked the franchise they came from were similar enough in and outside of comics.

The problem with YJ-Artemis is that the YJ-Team simply doesn't fit in the history main continuity.

I think a similar case to this is Felicity Smoak, they added her to the Green Arrow comics during the new52, and than got rid of her after iirc one Story Arc since she simply didn't fit it in.

I think the best option for her would be if they would do YJ spin off comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But in most cases where that worked the franchise they came from were similar enough in and outside of comics.

The problem with YJ-Artemis is that the YJ-Team simply doesn't fit in the history main continuity.

I think a similar case to this is Felicity Smoak, they added her to the Green Arrow comics during the new52, and than got rid of her after iirc one Story Arc since she simply didn't fit it in.

I think the best option for her would be if they would do YJ spin off comics.
    Again, Young Justice doesn't have to be the only place she appears in.

I think YJ Artemis could come into comics easily enough. Just have her be Tigress's younger years. When Artemis was unsure of who she wanted to be.

Her relationships with Cheshire and Wally would have to replaced with different characters. Wally is easier to keep as they could be high school sweethearts who broke up.

DC continuity is screwy anyway so don't stress too much.

Just do a miniseries with Tigress exploring the mercenary world of the DCU. Or have her forced to go legit as an agent of ARGUS/DEO.

Make her an antihero is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think YJ Artemis could come into comics easily enough. Just have her be Tigress's younger years. When Artemis was unsure of who she wanted to be.

Her relationships with Cheshire and Wally would have to replaced with different characters. Wally is easier to keep as they could be high school sweethearts who broke up.

DC continuity is screwy anyway so don't stress too much.

Just do a miniseries with Tigress exploring the mercenary world of the DCU. Or have her forced to go legit as an agent of ARGUS/DEO.

Make her an antihero is what I'm saying.
    Would you keep the Icicle Jr. relationship?

Í'd keep the familial connection to Cheshire but keep the relationship with Icicle Jr since I prefer Wally with Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would you keep the Icicle Jr. relationship?
    Probably. I'm 50/50 because I haven't read his appearances. I mostly know him from YJ.

I'd just have them as exes. I advocated the same approach with Vixen.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Give Artemis the Red X treatment.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Í'd keep the familial connection to Cheshire but keep the relationship with Icicle Jr since I prefer Wally with Linda.
    Yeah, if I had to choose between the two I'd keep her connection to Cheshire. I like her and Wally together but Linda isn't going anywhere, nor should she.

As for what book she could be in...Well...Outsiders and Suicide Squad sound like decent starts. Maybe a Green Arrow book too just to establish some kind of relationship with Ollie and Roy.

I wonder if they'll bring Tigress back for a new JSA book.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

No, she was gone after one arc (as was Mia Dearden) because the writer changed again. The new writer just didn't want to use her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll bring Tigress back for a new JSA book.
    A new JSA book?

When is that likely to happen?

They've incorporated Red X into the continuity. They'll likely incorporate Artemis at some point as well. I say, give it time.

Astonishing Member

Red X is compatible with the comics because the 2003 Teen Titans show was much more closely based on the comics. It was just the NTT team but trimmed down, it's easy to retcon in the exact story from the cartoon into the comics. Only I guess Wally and Donna were around. I don't think Artemis' situation is as similarly compatible.

That said they've done stuff a lot more flagrant, like stitch stuff from the CW shows into the comics (hello Diggle) which are far more disconnected. I suppose the concern is just how much would have to be changed before the adaptation is even an adaptation anymore.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-07-2021 at 05:18 PM.

They added Diggle to the comics, only for Arrow to reveal he's John Stewart (he just never took his stepdad's surname)! So now Diggle has two comic book counterparts. Had the Stewart revelation already happened, he would've never been used in the Green Arrow comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman