Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Sasha was a fantastic character. I loved how competent she was and the way she took everything in stride as she learned about Bruce's other side was compelling. I wasn't a fan of her going full costume but that was an excellent bait-and-switch for Murderer/Fugitive.

I still think Bruce leading her on was an incredibly shitty thing for him to have done to protect himself.

I was hoping she was the kind of character Bendis would bring back in his Checkmate but I got Kate Spencer's Manhunter so I guess I can't be greedy. I'll echo that more Checkmate with Rucka would be great.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Sasha was a fantastic character. I loved how competent she was and the way she took everything in stride as she learned about Bruce's other side was compelling. I wasn't a fan of her going full costume but that was an excellent bait-and-switch for Murderer/Fugitive.

I still think Bruce leading her on was an incredibly shitty thing for him to have done to protect himself.

I was hoping she was the kind of character Bendis would bring back in his Checkmate but I got Kate Spencer's Manhunter so I guess I can't be greedy. I'll echo that more Checkmate with Rucka would be great.
    She was a really great character. One of the very first comics I remember reading at the library was her issue in jail as part of Bruce Wayne: Murderer - intensely vivid stuff - Tec 767.

I do wish she could come back, but since Rucka's last stuff at DC was pretty frustrating to me (the Lois Lane mini - his Wonder Woman run is my second favorite of all time after his first run), I dunno if he's in a place where he could do it again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Was Sasha in this issue?
    Nope, she wasn't. Just someone looking like her. My mistake. I still liked the issue (trade) a lot.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Nope, she wasn't. Just someone looking like her. My mistake. I still liked the issue (trade) a lot.
    Awesome! It was a really good run. Still bummed it was cut short, even though I liked what Cloonan and Conrad are doing.

Someday, my Sasha shall come back!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord