Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Believe me, I understand the point you're making. In a comic book run, the equal partnership is hard to maintain. But for a shorter TV or movie run, it should be possible.

I'm loathe to what the DCAU did, but let's say for example in a WW movie, at the very end of a WW film they happened to say she was going to meet Bruce Wayne for dinner (no thanks!), that's not reducing WW to anything. It's her movie, 99% of the movie has nothing to do with Batman, etc. Or, if they paired them off in a JL movie (which should never happen, but whatever), and the writing was good and neither character overshadowed the other, then the creators did their job to make a balanced pairing. If the audience decides to go full moron and spout nonsense equating WW to nothing more than Batman's arm candy, well, that's what they get for being stupid. Sucks for fans that these people will have too much of a voice in online conversations and stuff, and almost undoubtedly some future writer will run with it and screw it up worse, but what I'm saying is that at some point you can't always blame the person who starts an idea with good intentions if then all the fans, critics, and follow-up artists turn it into something terrible.
    You are asking for a miracle
    I understand what you mean. But its extremely difficult - I am not concerned about fans and what they say. The problem will always be balancing characters. As I said characters from same franchise are tricky but make sense. However I have my doubts that balancing them in movies is easier than comics, in Aquaman movie you had instances in which she overshadows him and actually saves his butt more than once. Ok Momoa emerges ultimately.
    With characters of different franchises it will depend on who is the character. If Diana dates Hal Jordan its one thing if its Bruce Wayne the clout of the later is big. Batman or Superman's personality and even their presence steals the show even with the best intentions of actors, directors and writers.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I understand what you mean. But its extremely difficult - I am not concerned about fans and what they say. The problem will always be balancing characters. As I said characters from same franchise are tricky but make sense. However I have my doubts that balancing them in movies is easier than comics, in Aquaman movie you had instances in which she overshadows him and actually saves his butt more than once. Ok Momoa emerges ultimately.
    With characters of different franchises it will depend on who is the character. If Diana dates Hal Jordan its one thing if its Bruce Wayne the clout of the later is big. Batman or Superman's personality and even their presence steals the show even with the best intentions of actors, directors and writers.
    Hey, if Ewing can make the Hulk actually interesting again anything is possible with the right creative team and direction.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Yeah, I simply don’t trust many at DC on how they’d do this relationship as it’s mostly likely just be handled by some Batman fanboy.

That it’s also always explained and portrayed in ways that are sastistying to Batman’s ego and his world also is what turns me off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hey, if Ewing can make the Hulk actually interesting again anything is possible with the right creative team and direction.
    Has nothing to do with Hulk and Ewing making him interesting again. Some writers can right a ship but pairing characters of different Franchises is very difficult to achieve.
    Some characters are so big that they overshadow the rest. I adore Diana, that said I cannot say she is big as Superman or Batman. She will always come second to them, no matter what or who the creative team are. Paired with them she stands to lose or being the supporting cast. You can't either merge two franchises, having Batman involved in WW storylines will benefit Diana? it won't be Wonder Woman anymore.
    You can have them sort of together on JL book and then what, everyone for himself in their home books? What relationship is that?