Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    why? Does Superman deal only with men? I don't get this fixation you have with one gender societies. Why should Wonder Woman's villians all be female? Is it a code of honor that all villains have that the men among them refuse to fight a woman because it just wouldn't be fair?
    A- I have never been fixated with "with one gender societies." I have no clue who you are talking to, but it's not to me.

B- When did I say that all of Wonder Woman villains have to be female? Again, I have no effing clue who you talking to, but I am not the one.

C-When it comes to the Wonder Woman purported movie trilogy: YES, two films about the premiere female superhero have been all about the man she loves. That is just BS and it is enough.

You never see a Batman film in which Bats beats the villain inspired by his love interest. You never see a Superman film in which Clark promises Lois Lane that he will never love again and in which he discovers a new power thanks to Lois's words. That was just too much of a man being the motivator for the story of a feminsit icon like WW. So now that we have had two Wonder Woman films that pretty much made Steve the center of Diana's world, YES, I WANT THE THIRD FILM to center women as the protagonists of all of the plot's narrative. I want women to be the villains in this third film. Not a sidekick of the main antagonist (like Dr. Poison and Cheetah were in the films). I also want women to be the supporting cast. It is only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    A- I have never been fixated with "with one gender societies." I have no effing clue who you are talking to, but it's not to me.

B- When did I say that all of Wonder Woman villains have to be female? Again, I have no clue who you talking to, but I am not the one.

C-When it comes to the Wonder Woman purported movie trilogy: YES, two films about the premiere female superhero have been all about the man she loves. That is just BS and it is enough.

You never see a Batman film in which Bats beats the villain inspired by his love interest. You never see a Superman film in which Clark promises Lois Lane that he will never love again and in which he discovers a new power thanks to Lois's words. That was just too much of a man being the motivator for the story of a feminsit icon like WW. So now that we have had two Wonder Woman films that pretty much made Steve the center of Diana's world, YES, I WANT THE THIRD FILM to center women as the protagonists of all of the plot's narrative. I want women to be the villains in this third film. Not a sidekick of the main antagonist (like Dr. Poison and Cheetah were in the films). I also want women to be the supporting cast. It is only fair.
    I mean I agree with your ideas, not specifically with the reasons. I think the Steve Trevor plot really worked both times. And you are absolutely wrong with your assessment of Superman and Lois. So many of their stories have been about his love for Lois. Zack Snyder didn't really create sparks between them, but Lois was absolutely central to the plot of BvS and she would've been a huge part of future films, since Clark would be corrupted after she died in an alternate future (not my favorite idea tho).

No, I can see '84 being a way for Diana to have closure with Steve's death and can now move on.

Spectacular Member

A- I have never been fixated with "with one gender societies." I have no effing clue who you are talking to, but it's not to me.

B- When did I say that all of Wonder Woman villains have to be female? Again, I have no clue who you talking to, but I am not the one.

So you are a "women don't need men" type person, you want an all girls club. Sort of like Women are a separate race from men cohabitating the same planet. In grade school is was very popular to pit girls against boys in sports and games. Before puberty boys and girls like to be separate, and often had to be forced to play together, after all girls were no fun, they like to play with dolls and dresses, while boys tended to get dirty playing cops and robbers and so forth. One the mature they find out they need each other and are attracted to one another for the most part, but there is a small minority that insist women do not need men and feel the need to do it all by themselves.

Usually the villains Batman beats ARE his love interests, LOL.

So you are a "women don't need men" type person, you want an all girls club. Sort of like Women are a separate race from men cohabitating the same planet. In grade school is was very popular to pit girls against boys in sports and games. Before puberty boys and girls like to be separate, and often had to be forced to play together, after all girls were no fun, they like to play with dolls and dresses, while boys tended to get dirty playing cops and robbers and so forth. One the mature they find out they need each other and are attracted to one another for the most part, but there is a small minority that insist women do not need men and feel the need to do it all by themselves.
    This comment made me laugh, it was so random.

PUBERTY

...I'm really confused at what point you're trying to make.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

why? Does Superman deal only with men? I don't get this fixation you have with one gender societies. Why should Wonder Woman's villians all be female? Is it a code of honor that all villains have that the men among them refuse to fight a woman because it just wouldn't be fair?
    It's not like the comic book industry treats things fairly between male and female characters. As far as the big solo IPs go between DC/Marvel, Wonder Woman is pretty much the only solo act with a big mythos behind her. And the whole point of hers is to provide roles for female characters that the majority are filled by men in other franchises: important parental figure, supporting cast, mentors, allies and yes, villains. Most of her rogues gallery should be female because we don't have many rogues galleries with numerous diverse female adversaries in them. Until that happens, the few major male villains she has (Ares, his sons, Deception, Psycho, Hercules and way further down on totem pole, Angel Man and Minister Blizzard) are more than enough.

And yes, Superman mostly deals with male villains. The only notable solo female villain he has anymore is Livewire. Faora isn't really independent because she hangs out with Zod, who gets the main focus. We see Saturn Queen even less.

We've also had the two films so far have the main villains be men. This is perfectly fine and expected with Ares in the first film. Cheetah being upstaged in her own goddamn movie by Max Lord, who isn't even a WW character, is far less excusable.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-28-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    As far as the big solo IPs go between DC/Marvel, Wonder Woman is pretty much the only solo act with a big mythos behind her.
    What do you mean by this? What exactly is "mythos" to you?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you mean by this? What exactly is "mythos" to you?
    A franchise with an extensive history, supporting cast, villains and locations unique to the hero it is attached to. As poorly utilized as it is by DC most of the time, between Marston and Perez alone Wonder Woman is the only solo leading lady from either Big Two company with something along those lines to rival Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc.

Captain Marvel (Carol) is big now especially in other media, but the difference with her and all the Avengers is that they lean on each other to create a big mythos. She doesn't have an overly extensive rogues gallery or lore unique to her, stuff like the Kree and Skrulls are shared by the Avengers in general and have their roots in the Fantastic Four. A Wonder Woman cartoon by someone who knew what they were doing could function like Spectacular Spider-Man, in which Peter had such a rich world of his own that they never would have had to touch other corners of the Marvel universe for story ideas.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

It would be cool if the third movie had a storyline with Cassie or Donna.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

God no. His role in WW84 left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't even want him to be mentioned in the third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    A franchise with an extensive history, supporting cast, villains and locations unique to the hero it is attached to. As poorly utilized as it is by DC most of the time, between Marston and Perez alone Wonder Woman is the only solo leading lady from either Big Two company with something along those lines to rival Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc.

Captain Marvel (Carol) is big now especially in other media, but the difference with her and all the Avengers is that they lean on each other to create a big mythos. She doesn't have an overly extensive rogues gallery or lore unique to her, stuff like the Kree and Skrulls are shared by the Avengers in general and have their roots in the Fantastic Four. A Wonder Woman cartoon by someone who knew what they were doing could function like Spectacular Spider-Man, in which Peter had such a rich world of his own that they never would have had to touch other corners of the Marvel universe for story ideas.
    You didn't mention that you were only talking about solo female IPs, you only said IPs.

Lightbulb

I hope they don't bring Steve back again. I would much rather they give Diana a female romantic partner in WW III, or failing that pair her with Bats or Sups (which I know would be impossible lol), or no one at all. Time for Steve-O to hit the bricks.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-29-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope they don't bring Steve back again. I would much rather they give Diana a female romantic partner in WW III, or failing that pair her with Bats or Sups (which I know would be impossible lol), or no one at all. Time for Steve-O to hit the bricks.
    Pairing her with Bats or Supes would be an even worse option than bringing back Steve a third time.