I would view this issue as a taste of ideas to come for the Suicide Squad, and if that is the case Waller is up to some serious plotting in our near future. Honestly we don't really know what Waller is up to, all we know is that she has set up on Earth-3, she's nearly completed, and she's established her "Justice Squad" to get it done. Who is the Justice Squad? Well that is a bunch of villains and anti-heroes, such as Bolt from the upcoming Titans Academy who has a bit of troubled past but wanted to be a hero, alongside Conner Kent and all of them are dressed up as the Justice League and working for Waller for one reason or another. While we do get into some action, and of course some head exploding, most the issue is following our Justice Squad (mainly Conner) and also a shadowy group who is tailing the JS.....look I won't bury the lead since covers and solicits have spoiled it, its Peacemaker with his own suicide squad coming for Waller.

But yeah mainly we find ourselves following Conner who is unsure of what he is doing, as he feels like he has a semblance of say in what goes on but obviously feels trapped by what Waller can do not just to him but what her backup plan is if he refuses to play ball. Which raises a serious question of spoilers:
how did Waller get a black lantern ring and the corpses of the post Death-Metal Crime Syndicate, who I think now may play into Infinite Frontier run of Suicide Squad.
end of spoilers

Personally I would look to this Future State series not as its own independent story but as a tease of what is to come, events that the Suicide Squad might find themselves in and characters who might be involved.

Besides that there is a DC One Million story that stars Black Adam, who looks a bit more like the rock and is apparently in a relationship with a silver Wonder Woman. I'm not really that big on DC One Million, I only know the Flash and the Robot Hourman from JSA, so unfortunately this story did not really do much for me. However, as a bit of a surprise it is also a bit of a tie in to the upcoming Infinite Frontier Flash run by Jeremy Adams.

spoilers:
Because the issue ends with the arrival of Gold Beetle, who has a time traveling gold blue beetle ship. You know the woman seen on the covers for the April Flash issues.
end of spoilers