Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Mighty Avengers #13 discussion/spoilers

Basic run down:

- The old members catch up for a bit

- Cut to Blade, who's kicking himself for not listening to Spitfire, we get a nice scene between them in a flashback

- The rest of the team (together for the first time) is focused on trying to locate Blade. Powerman is trying to pinpoint his chi, whil Kaluu yells at him to hurry

- Blade breaks free and starts fighting, which allows Powerman to locate him

- The entire team, except Papa Cage, teleports over and start fighting the were-minions

- The team doesn't get to the Deathwalkers before they finish their incantation, and fuse together

Another fun issue, this one sets the stage for Blade to leave after the mission is done. Still gonna be upset to see him leave, but this storyline has been great.

BANNED

Wow....remember when a Mighty thread would get like 10 pages within it's first 2hr's? Shows you how off track things have gotten. Really hope that when the title switches to Captain America and the Mighty Avengers things turn around.

Anyway, really loved this issue! I'm also really liking the expansion of Powermans power. Chi-O vision is incredible!!

The art was pretty lacking, it looked rushed. The colors especially were really dull.

Amazing issue. Still the best book Marvel puts out every month
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-20-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow....remember when a Mighty thread would get like 10 pages within it's first 2hr's? Shows you how off track things have gotten. Really hope that when the title switches to Captain America and the Mighty Avengers things turn around.

Anyway, really loved this issue! I'm also really liking the expansion of Powermans power. Chi-O vision is incredible!!
    I think a lot of the discussion got killed when the forums switched a while back, just not as many users.

i still love how ewing is trying to get the most out of all of these characters. i think he used all of the issues well to establish these deathwalkers has a real threat.

I also loved the splash page where we see everyone fighting together for the first time.

The Deathwalkers don't really work for me. Sure, they are a big threat, but they lack of personnality and originality. I prefer Cortex and Dr Positron.

I liked that Blade and Spitfire's relationship was adressed.
    The Power Man bits were good, too.
    Kaluu is definitely a character I want to see more. Loved his sarcasm-fu.

On the other side, the last pages were a bit too much... previsible. And Blue Marvel's power seems to have been toned down for the purpose of the story (he should have been able to stop the ceremony in no time)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Deathwalkers don't really work for me. Sure, they are a big threat, but they lack of personnality and originality. I prefer Cortex and Dr Positron.

I liked that Blade and Spitfire's relationship was adressed.
    The Power Man bits were good, too.
    Kaluu is definitely a character I want to see more. Loved his sarcasm-fu.

On the other side, the last pages were a bit too much... previsible. And Blue Marvel's power seems to have been toned down for the purpose of the story (he should have been able to stop the ceremony in no time)
    they addressed blue marvel though. he was fearful of killing the were-monsters, so limited himself.

This was really good. Land's absence is very much appreciated. The big double-page spread was awesome, and there was a lot of great characterization throughout the issue.

My favorite book as always, Ewing continues to be a master of continuity fu with the bits with Spitfire, and Blade reminds me that I'm going to miss him once we get to the new series. Looks like a good old fashioned throwdown next issue and I'm all for it.

TBH, without Blade, my anticipation for this book drops considerably. I have enjoyed his presence that much
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Does Blade get to bite someone to refuel?

BANNED

Lot of great to awesome books came out this week and this one got lost in that shuffle and some might not have read it yet

Also folks forget half those posts had been from people complaining about Land

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Lot of great to awesome books came out this week and this one got lost in that shuffle and some might not have read it yet

Also folks forget half those posts had been from people complaining about Land
    I still made a post!

Where I still bashed Land a bit, admittedly. It's just such a relief having that hack off this book. Larocca may not be one of my favourites, but I find his work adequate.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

This one was just ok for me. Again.

I've never been a fan of any plot where the heroes absolutely have to stop the bad guys, arrive in time to do so, but they fumble and bumble and ultimately the bad guys get exactly what they wanted. In this case what the bad guys wanted was absolute power...

...which brings me to the second thing that I hate.

Villains who gain absolute power and then it's kneel this, I'm supreme that, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

For once, just once, I would appreciate it if the villain would actually carry out the dire consequences that were threatened in the first place. Don't yap about it. Be about it. Take off Blade's head. Punch a hole through Power Man's chest. Disintegrate White Tiger in mid-pounce. I want massive carnage. When we get to the next issue, the opening splash page should show no less than 6 dead or dying Mighty Avengers and all hell breaking loose. Literally.

I mean seriously, convince us all that the Deathwalker Prime is truly a villain worth fearing. Let him rack up a body count like Korvac in Avengers 175 - 177, not go out as meekly as Shuma Gorath Lite. That's all I ask.

And then in the end, show us exactly why these are the MIGHTY Avengers. Whoever is left standing after the initial onslaught will know that it's time to cut loose in order to save the world -- and they do! The survivors can always figure out a way to pull their mortally wounded from death's door once they wrest back the means to absolute power from the bad guys.

Am I asking for too much.

Nice to see Blade's past relationship with Spitfire and MI13 in this issue.