Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Another decent issue but to my mind, it's been awhile since this book has been truly great. This plotline just isn't doing it for me as it's sidelined too much of the cast. In the earlier issues, it seemed like everyone got a chance to shine but lately it's been too many flashbacks and too much about the Deathwalkers themselves. Not really digging it. It's not bad but yet it's just not quite the book that I originally enjoyed. Hopefully once this storyline is over, things will pick up. Definitely glad the book is continuing with CA & the MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    This was really good. Land's absence is very much appreciated. The big double-page spread was awesome, and there was a lot of great characterization throughout the issue.
    Oh yey, was this issue the first since his return where he's gone???

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Yep. And I think this time, he's gone for good. Salvador Larroca's the new artist. Wouldn't have been my first choice - Emma Rios, Stuart Immonen, Jamie McKelvie, Olivier Coipel, Sara Pichelli, Lee Garbett, Valerio Schiti, Paco Medina . . . I'm pretty sure you get the idea - Larroca's a good artist. And he does a decent enough job here. Not his best work, by any means, but decent. He's capable of drawing a variety of facial expressions.

On another note, She-Hulk had one of the best lines in the book, when talking to Kaluu: "What part of 'stop being an ass didn't you get? I swear, it's Dr. Druid all over again." Then Power Man called him Kazoo. I'd be fine with Kaluu sticking around if characters keep calling him Kazoo.

Extraordinary Member

Land has been gone for at least three months now.

I notice sales haven't shot up in response. Just like when he left Iron Man.

No "Now I can buy the book again because that lousy guy is gone, yay!" sales spike there either.

Dudes wouldn't stop complaining about Land, but where is the objective proof that he hurts sales?
    There isn't any.

What dudes wail about online doesn't equal commercial success or failure.

Land hasnt commercially hurt any book so far despite all the fuss.

Yep. And I think this time, he's gone for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Land has been gone for at least three months now.
    Huh? Wait, which is it???

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I notice sales haven't shot up in response. Just like when he left Iron Man.
    No "Now I can buy the book again because that lousy guy is gone, yay!" sales spike there either.
    Dudes wouldn't stop complaining about Land, but where is the objective proof that he hurts sales?
    There isn't any.
    What dudes wail about online doesn't equal commercial success or failure.
    Land hasnt commercially hurt any book so far despite all the fuss.
    I think Michael Bay proved long ago there is often no connection between quality and popularity

Salvador Larroca's the new artist. Wouldn't have been my first choice - Emma Rios, Stuart Immonen, Jamie McKelvie, Olivier Coipel, Sara Pichelli, Lee Garbett, Valerio Schiti, Paco Medina . . . I'm pretty sure you get the idea - Larroca's a good artist. And he does a decent enough job here. Not his best work, by any means, but decent. He's capable of drawing a variety of facial expressions.
    If this is Salvador Larroca, then I approve!

On another note, She-Hulk had one of the best lines in the book, when talking to Kaluu: "What part of 'stop being an ass didn't you get? I swear, it's Dr. Druid all over again." Then Power Man called him Kazoo. I'd be fine with Kaluu sticking around if characters keep calling him Kazoo.
    HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, can't wait!!! Thank god for this book, with Superior Foes of Spiderman and Thunderbolts ending (though not sad about the second one, damn my one need to keep a complete collection for that specific comic)... I'm lacking in team books. Very excited to jump back in.

I liked a lot of the book.

Spitfire and Blade was great. I like thinking that M13 is still out there beating back things that bump in then night.

I am really starting to like Powerman in this book. Interesting power set which could lead to a lot of possibilities.

I hope Kazoo is not the one to save the day. I want the answer to be something the team can accomplish not some spell.

Okay Land has been ON Mighty since forever -- other than that beautiful 3(?) issue stint by Schiti.

Also, can someone get a scan of Victor's Chi-vision? I can't get my copy for a while. I love me some Victor Alvarez!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Another decent issue but to my mind, it's been awhile since this book has been truly great. This plotline just isn't doing it for me as it's sidelined too much of the cast. In the earlier issues, it seemed like everyone got a chance to shine but lately it's been too many flashbacks and too much about the Deathwalkers themselves. Not really digging it. It's not bad but yet it's just not quite the book that I originally enjoyed. Hopefully once this storyline is over, things will pick up. Definitely glad the book is continuing with CA & the MA.
    Yeah, I think the flashback story should've been limited to just one issue. Two issues was a little too much because I feel that most readers want to see the characters' current actions and consider long flashbacks like this a sidetrack.

I think Michael Bay proved long ago there is often no connection between quality and popularity

While that's true, I think there are intangibles that that factor into things beyond the notion quality.

Many people, myself included, would argue that Citizen Kane in the greatest movie of all times. I don't know about anyone else, but I've probably watched Citizen Kane 3-4 times. I've probably watched Weekend at Bernies 9-10 times.

Going to really miss Blade. He's the best thing about this book. Great issue too. Kaluu's growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Going to really miss Blade. He's the best thing about this book. Great issue too. Kaluu's growing on me.
    In a weird way, the fact that it sounds like he's going back to MI 13 when this is over makes me feel better about him leaving this team. Obviously the fact that MI 13 doesn't have an actual book makes it a far far less desirable team for him to be on.

But at least he's not just floating aimlessly out there in limbo. He's got a home for himself.

I really enjoyed this issue, it was nice to see Blade and Spitfire interact again (even if it was in flashback). Agreed that She-Hulk has one of the best lines in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    MOAR FOCUS on the original cast!!!
    Vic, Ava, Jen, Mo, Sam n' Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    MOAR FOCUS on the original cast!!!
    Vic, Ava, Jen, Mo, Sam n' Luke!
    Blade has been there since the beginning how is he not the original cast?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Am I asking for too much.
    Yes because there won't be any heroes left in the Marvel U
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html