Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Bloody hell that first panel is terrible( wtf is up with Victor's lips? )anyone who says this is a step up from Land has lost all credible right to call Greg Land's art style anything in a negative way

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Land has been gone for at least three months now.

I notice sales haven't shot up in response. Just like when he left Iron Man.

No "Now I can buy the book again because that lousy guy is gone, yay!" sales spike there either.

Dudes wouldn't stop complaining about Land, but where is the objective proof that he hurts sales?
    There isn't any.

What dudes wail about online doesn't equal commercial success or failure.

Land hasnt commercially hurt any book so far despite all the fuss.
    Sales didn't go up on MA or Iron Man after his returns, either. MA's seen a boost from Original Sin, but that's standard. Even if Land doesn't hurt the books commercially, he doesn't help them commercially, either. And he does hurt them artistically. He's a hack with static art and a horribly limited range of expressions. He's one of the worst visual storytellers in the business.

So bravo for him for not tanking the sales on the books he works on, but I, for one, will be happy if I never have to buy another thing he works on ever again for as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOVE Schiti's White Tiger. She looks so bad-ass. It does make me miss Journey into Mystery, though
    Larroca did a pretty good job on White Tiger, too, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Bloody hell that first panel is terrible( wtf is up with Victor's lips? )anyone who says this is a step up from Land has lost all credible right to call Greg Land's art style anything in a negative way
    This wasn't his best work, no question. I suspect he was a bit rushed - if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Land originally supposed to do this issue? Even so, Larroca showed an actual range of expressions and emotions, something Greg Land is totally incapable of doing. Land just would've recycled one of his earlier Power Man drawings. Which I'm pretty sure is also recycled from a ton of his other characters, all of it ultimately being traced from some photo he found.

Greg Land sucks.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Blue Marvel is growing on me
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He's a hack with static art
    I desagree. He can do pretty good action scenes:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Traitor j/k

In all seriousness I still can't get behind the guy. Also part of the reason this book has been of course can be attributed to the time devoted to his story, which only a few were even asking for.

I just hope next go around with this title all the plot lines will either get wrapped up or at least make seem like they are not in the ether somewhere. I also want more shared focus on all the characters involved. There have been to many bits and pieces given out instead of full scoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I just hope next go around with this title all the plot lines will either get wrapped up or at least make seem like they are not in the ether somewhere.
    I keep reading that, but I don't see so many plots hanging here.
    There is the Deathwalkers things, which is about to get resolved.
    Then there is the Gideon Mace/Cortex plot.
    And... isn't that all?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Yep!

I can't wait. Spiderman will really help sales and the dynamic of the group. I can't wait for it to drop!
    Pete and Luke have a nice team chemistry. Should be fun to hear if Jessica has any feeling on Silk.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Or perhaps Mr E 4got dat BM can cre8 enrgy constructs lyk he did whn he fawt KH....BM cud hv easily confined many if nt all of d ani-men & deathwalkers in anti-matter force-field bubbles.
    Or Monica could have used her radio wave abilities to warp the sound field so that the Deathwalkers could not, in effect, audibilize their spell. For that matter, I suppose BM could have also did the same thing by enclosing one or more of the Deathwalkers in a soundproof force field. ha ha

In the end I guess we just have to accept that Deathwalker Prime was meant to form. For all we know, Kaluu may have secretly wanted that to happen, now that he clearly has enough power on his side with She-Hulk, White Tiger, Power Man and others to defeat the DWs once and for all.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think this would have been a great fight for Spider-Man. He always has a knack of getting close to the big bad guy.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-21-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Or Monica could have used her radio wave abilities to warp the sound field so that the Deathwalkers could not, in effect, audibilize their spell. For that matter, I suppose BM could have also did the same thing by enclosing one or more of the Deathwalkers in a soundproof force field. ha ha

In the end I guess we just have to accept that Deathwalker Prime was meant to form. For all we know, Kaluu may have secretly wanted that to happen, now that he clearly has enough power on his side with She-Hulk, White Tiger, Power Man and others to defeat the DWs once and for all.
    Well we know monica struggles with magic

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Sumthing felt off with dis issue & we/SZ suspect dat d Deathwalkers hvnt bn shwn 2 b a truely d imposing threat & d 'godzilla' @ d end was a SERIOUS let down.

Hving said dat all d middle bits were a gd read ....gr8 devlpmnt of PM II's abilities, nice quips, Kaluu & Monica taking charge etc but we/SZ had VERY HIGH expectatns 4 dis issue.

Or perhaps Mr E 4got dat BM can cre8 enrgy constructs lyk he did whn he fawt KH....BM cud hv easily confined many if nt all of d ani-men & deathwalkers in anti-matter force-field bubbles.

Hell, BM's gr8 supa-strength alone wud hv bn enuff.

Hopefully Mr E isnt stretching himself 2 thin...caant wait 4 CAMA 2 start.
    We know blue marvel struggles with magic, like monica. Also has he ever used his constructs to that extent

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Oddly enough, I find myself going the other direction. It's not BM, but the forced limitations that are making him more and more like Supes.

He doesn't kill? Seriously? Come on! BM is a veteran of at least one war that we know. He has taken a life on behalf of country and to protect others. So when Kaluu says, "Hey, stop the Deathwalkers or the entire world dies!" I would expect a little more creativity on BM's part than simply, "I don't kill." With his power set and genius intellect there should have been a bazillion things that he could have done short of actually taking a life to stop the were-beasts. These creatures hate the light, so a timely, well-placed gamma ray photon pulse would have done the job nicely.

But I get it: the problem with having a hero that powerful is that most fights would end before they even started with him around. And if killing was on the table, there probably wouldn't be many villains left in the world.

Well, except maybe for the villains who can take it. The jury is still out on Deathwalker Prime. Hopefully, it's as big and bad as they say it is.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-21-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Well we know monica struggles with magic
    Yes, and she said as much in the issue. On the one hand she can replicate mystical light sigils, but apparently the amount of dark energy being used by the Deathwalkers left her off-kilter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Larroca did a pretty good job on White Tiger, too, actually.

This wasn't his best work, no question. I suspect he was a bit rushed - if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Land originally supposed to do this issue? Even so, Larroca showed an actual range of expressions and emotions, something Greg Land is totally incapable of doing. Land just would've recycled one of his earlier Power Man drawings. Which I'm pretty sure is also recycled from a ton of his other characters, all of it ultimately being traced from some photo he found.

Greg Land sucks.

No that is Larroca's style, it use to be good but it's been downhill for some time now where it's duck face or someone is always yelling. He did three to four pages in NA and somehow manged to turn in terrible work, there's no way you can call land a hack and then be ok with Larroca and still think you'll be taken seriously

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Oddly enough, I find myself going the other direction. It's not BM, but the forced limitations that are making him more and more like Supes.

He doesn't kill? Seriously? Come on! BM is a veteran of at least one war that we know. He has taken a life on behalf of country and to protect others. So when Kaluu says, "Hey, stop the Deathwalkers or the entire world dies!" I would expect a little more creativity on BM's part than simply, "I don't kill." With his power set and genius intellect there should have been a bazillion things that he could have done short of actually taking a life to stop the were-beasts. These creatures hate the light, so a timely, well-placed gamma ray photon pulse would have done the job nicely.

But I get it: the problem with having a hero that powerful is that most fights would end before they even started with him around. And if killing was on the table, there probably wouldn't be many villains left in the world.

Well, except maybe for the villains who can take it. The jury is still out on Deathwalker Prime. Hopefully, it's as big and bad as they say it is.
    Characters with the Superman powerset on earth bound team settings are going to be watered down... that's just a given. Even by GOOD writers. You can argue that shouldn't happen, but it will. Readers are just going to have to get used to that... Superman readers have had to live with it for decades.

But I'm sure the Death Walker thing will be a fairly massive big bad. You're not going to build up this much story just to have BM punch the thing out.