Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pitch A Direction: Lor-Zod

Lor-Zod_as_Nightwing_003.jpg 6246636-lzrco005.jpg

For those who are fans of Lor-Zod (Christopher Kent) what direction would you pitch for him?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If DC had been thinking ahead at all when New Krypton ended they would have sent Lor to the future and had him become the new full time Superboy for the Legion.

Incredible Member

tumblr_otpjwtMxyS1sc9geyo1_500.jpg

Wbile I loved the New Krypton Arc, I do like what Dan Jurgens did to bring back Lor-Zod. I really wanted him to become something of a "Piccolo" to Jon Samuel Kent's "Goku". He starts out as a bad person (a bully that likes to pick on the "lil hybrid"), but as time goes on, he starts to see things from the House of El's perspective. He would become a friendly rival to Superboy afterwards, condoning his father's ends but not the means.

I'd have it that being born in the Phantom Zone, he has developed additional abilities besides the ones from Earth's sun, which would normally have him branded an abomination by the rest of the Zoners (I say "normally", but I'd have it that Zod, Ursa and Non would have "words with the other Zoners"), and a person of unique interest to Zoners like Jax-Ur and Xa-Du. I wouldn't mind seeing him becoming Nightwing again (if anything just to see him and Grayson butting heads over where the former Boy Wonder got that name in the first place).
    Last edited by Multiverse; 02-07-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Working with current Lor-Zod and not pre-Flashpoint Chris Kent here: Have him follow one of the members of the Super-family around (preferably Clark, Kara or somehow Lois) as a task from his father to learn what he can from them. Not in the "know your enemy" way but in a "broaden your perspectives" way.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    tumblr_otpjwtMxyS1sc9geyo1_500.jpg

Wbile I loved the New Krypton Arc, I do like what Dan Jurgens did to bring back Lor-Zod. I really wanted him to become something of a "Piccolo" to Jon Samuel Kent's "Goku". He starts out as a bad person (a bully that likes to pick on the "lil hybrid"), but as time goes on, he starts to see things from the House of El's perspective. He would become a friendly rival to Superboy afterwards, condoning his father's ends but not the means.

I'd have it that being born in the Phantom Zone, he has developed addional abilities besides the ones from Earth's sun, which would normally have him branded an abomination by the rest of the Zoners (I say "normally", but I'd have it that Zod, Ursa and Non would have "words with the other Zoners"), and a person of unique interest to Zoners like Jax-Ur and Xa-Du. I wouldn't mind seeing him becoming Nightwing again (if anything just to see him and Grayson butting heads over where the former Boy Wonder got that name in the first place).
    With Lor-Zod being born in the Phantom Zone, I would like to see him develop phantom-like abilities such as intangibility, invisibility, possession and opening portals into the Zone similar to Zod in the Injustice video game.

I'd play up the "space prince" angle. His solo should focus on him learning how to be the next leader of New Krypton. When he's older you could have him join Vril Dox's L.E.G.I.O.N.

Because he was conceived in the Phantom Zone, he'd have a few different powers and weaknesses because of it. It could lead to rumors of him being a defect among the new Krypton populace.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd play up the "space prince" angle. His solo should focus on him learning how to be the next leader of New Krypton. When he's older you could have him join Vril Dox's L.E.G.I.O.N.

Because he was conceived in the Phantom Zone, he'd have a few different powers and weaknesses because of it. It could lead to rumors of him being a defect among the new Krypton populace.

So he isn't a hybrid like aquaman or conner or Jon, but his powers would steer that way, and how ppl see him would be effected by it.

What powers or complete powerset should he have thst is NOT like kons TTK?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So he isn't a hybrid like aquaman or conner or Jon, but his powers would steer that way, and how ppl see him would be effected by it.

He's considered a mutant/mutate or a meta-kryptonian.

Intagibility? Shadow manipulation?

He's considered a mutant/mutate or a meta-kryptonian.

Intagibility? Shadow manipulation?

What is shadow manipulation to you?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I think Lor-Zod should have abilities which could be considered mutated compare to other Kryptonians.

Lor-Zod would still have general Kryptonian physical capabilities on a mid-tier level but would not have trademark abilities such as heat vision, solar flare or freeze breath because of his mutated physiology instead he would have "Phantom"-based abilities such as intangibility, invisibility, possession, exorcising phantom wraiths, lowering temperatures within his presence, drawing extra-dimensional energy from the Phantom Zone nd opening portals into the Phantom Zone similar to Zod in the Injustice video game. So Lor-Zod is kind of like a mix between The Vision, Danny Phantom and a bit of Dr. Strange.
    Last edited by Incognito; 01-31-2021 at 10:25 AM.

What is shadow manipulation to you?
    Incognito tackled this question better than what I was thinking off.

Anything as long as he never utters the words "muh grandbabies".

I think the main relationship he had pre 52 was with Thara Ak-var aka Flamebird III. So you could bring her back as an age appropriate love interest. Maybe she is a metakryptonian with flame powers? Unlike everybody else she believes they are blessed by the gods?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lock him in a room with Jon and Damian then let Damian do the talking about having an evil heritage while Jon is there to make sure Lor doesn't kill him. Let's make that... 12 issues. Then do the same thing with Superman. Another 12 issues. Then the climactic family battle. Then adoption.

Incredible Member

I think the main relationship he had pre 52 was with Thara Ak-var aka Flamebird III. So you could bring her back as an age appropriate love interest. Maybe she is a metakryptonian with flame powers? Unlike everybody else she believes they are blessed by the gods?
    They were awesome as Nightwing and Flamebird. And I do agree that they need to be age appropriate once more (the initial concept was questionable)