Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    410

    Default Any Green Lantern Recommendations?

    Hey all!

    I haven't read a GL comic since shortly after the Johns run. I have read most GL comics since the late 1980's to 2013. Can you recommend any GL comics that are must reads post Johns? I am really interested in the Morrison stuff so I am going to check that out first. Anything else I should bump to the top of my list? I will read about ANY GL so really just looking for quality of run here.

    I signed up for DC Universe Infinite and it looks like a lot of GL content since Johns left.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I've only read Morrison's run too, so I'll say that.
    As you're planning to read it anyway I can confirm that it's really good, one of my favourite books on the shelves at the moment.

    If you haven't already through, I would suggest reading Final Crises before it, it's not important at all, but there's a plot device which made more sense after I read Final Crises.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I've only read Morrison's run too, so I'll say that.
    As you're planning to read it anyway I can confirm that it's really good, one of my favourite books on the shelves at the moment.

    If you haven't already through, I would suggest reading Final Crises before it, it's not important at all, but there's a plot device which made more sense after I read Final Crises.
    Thank you! Yes I read Final Crisis.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    503

    Default

    - Robert Venditti's Hal and the GLC (50 issues I believe)
    - Green Lanterns by Sam Murphies (starring Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz).
    Favourite DC heroes: Flash (Wally West), Red Hood (Jason Todd), Batman.

  5. #5
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    A favourite of mine is the Green Lantern: Recharge mini series.
    Starring Kyle & Guy - it is bloody brilliant!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,608

    Default

    If I were to recomend just one thing, it's Green Lantern Far Sector. One of the best GL stories of all time

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    A favourite of mine is the Green Lantern: Recharge mini series.
    Starring Kyle & Guy - it is bloody brilliant!
    I loved Recharge! Such a good book.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member Hol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    If I were to recomend just one thing, it's Green Lantern Far Sector. One of the best GL stories of all time
    Thanks a lot! I will check it out. Hoping it is on DC Universe Infinite.

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    94

    Default

    The ones I'd recommend are Far Sector, Morrison's The Green Lantern and Venditti's Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, in that order.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •