Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 957
  1. #796

    Default

    I can also confirm there's a very sweet moment between Scott and Jean in X-Men #4.

    But this is definitely an issue that showcases why Jean is such a powerhouse. She really makes it clear just how powerful and compassionate she is by the end of his. I definitely recommend picking this issue up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  2. #797
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I can also confirm there's a very sweet moment between Scott and Jean in X-Men #4.

    But this is definitely an issue that showcases why Jean is such a powerhouse. She really makes it clear just how powerful and compassionate she is by the end of his. I definitely recommend picking this issue up.
    Kinda again:

    spoilers:
    I actually thought her characterization was all over the place and the issue felt like a quasi-filler intended more to advance a bit the secondary plots than portray an actual story.
    end of spoilers

  3. #798

    Default

    Found this on Twitter.

    Scott-Jean317.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  4. #799
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this on Twitter. :o

    Scott-Jean317.jpg
    Holding hands! <3

    Thanks for sharing, MarvelMaster616!

  5. #800
    Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Legaldrugdealer. I like this piece. Particularly Scott's body and facial expressions.

    And hey! I appreciate it too!!!

    I didn't write before because was having a really bad day yesterday, so I just replied to some private messages.

    But, really, thank you for sharing those pieces of art with us. I love this couple so much! It's always nice to see them.
    Thanks =)
    Though sometimes this thread can seem like the Grinning Soul/Hizashi thread =p

  6. #801
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Thanks =)
    Though sometimes this thread can seem like the Grinning Soul/Hizashi thread =p
    And Lucy too!

    It's all kinds of awesome because we can have some actual discussions about comics without the usual passive aggressive/hostile comments. Stuff like: "if you don't like it, don't read it", which is arrogant and entitled and I'm so tired of reading it at this point, I rarely post anywhere else.

    But just because people don't post here, it doesn't mean they don't check it out.

  7. #802
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Reposting the previous collage of their Krakoa moments:



    Adding the ones from X-Men #3 and #4:


  8. #803
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Reposting the previous collage of their Krakoa moments:



    Adding the ones from X-Men #3 and #4:

    Hi GSoul, not sure if your inbox is full, let me know if you need me to re-post my reply.

  9. #804
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Hi GSoul, not sure if your inbox is full, let me know if you need me to re-post my reply.
    My inbox isn't full.

    I received your message but I couldn't reply to it yesterday because your inbox was full. When that's the case, you can't send a new message either, because a copy of it is supposed to be saved automatically in the "sent items" folder but it can't be saved if you have stored 100 messages already.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-14-2021 at 02:00 AM.

  10. #805
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It┬’s like I wrote to a friend today: if Percy really screws up with Jean, he┬’ll only be making my rage-quit easier. So I┬’m choosing to see this as a win-win. But the victory most likely won┬’t come without a massive dosage of anger!

    Considering the events in my real life, though, I may prefer to skip this trash entirely.
    I don┬┤t think he will write her too different from her appareances on X-force, it┬┤s a Wolverine story after all so I expect her to be on support capacity, so yes, probably it┬┤s best if you avoid it, because I get the sense he┬┤s still going to write them as a couple. Or at least that┬┤s the sense I get from the covers, I could be wrong but I think you should read thinks that really are going to interest you.

    I like the description before her line much better than her actual line.

    "A familiar voice speaks to me through it. It's a whisper, a shout and a choir. Every eternal syllable dances through me."

    You don┬’t follow that with ┬“You┬’re an idiot┬”. You don┬’t do that to a fan of this relationship who has been waiting 12 years for their interaction!!!!!

    Nope.

    You just don┬’t.
    ouch, I see your point now, I guess Gillen was being sarcastic in Scott┬┤s ideation of Jean but yes, I totally get how that definitley wasn┬┤t the way to go for a couple so long separated.

    ┬”Operation: Get Cyked, Cyke┬” about to commence!
    Awesome, I will get the tea from Mags to attract him and then we bring him to your home :P

    Honestly? I think S.W.O.R.D. only appears to be great in comparison to the rest. It┬’s mostly good, but it┬’s far from brilliant. It suffers from some of the same problems as the others, including the biggest one of this Krakoa era: *everything* is convenient. Don┬’t get me started on Mysterium.
    Well Ewing is not done yet with the Mysterium idea and it becoming a new currency after a hard economic period is actually something that has happened in the real world sometimes and I always like those small call offs to reality even in a scifi-comic. I also loved how much effort he puts into writting well lesser know characters and actually respects the continuity of the older ones, I am really looking forward to see more issues by him and hopefully he will keep Mags around after Inferno and ToM are done.

    ]I like that story too.
    Its was beatiful and one of the first I read with just Scott and Jean as protagonists.


    You mean Major Nelson?
    Him, yes, I enjoyed his interactions with Jen so much.

    Infinite space, ┬‘cause I can always write more when more thought bubbles need a home.
    Welcome home bubble thoughts :P

    But before XoS, they barely interacted (up to that point, Emma appeared more in that book than Jean who is his mother). That event is really what started shifting their relationship into a more actually romantic one and I think people must have responded well to it.
    I agree, before that scene I supposed they were together but also in an open relationship but I don┬┤t think Emma played a big part there either, more like Storm did imo.

    Let┬’s hope Percy doesn┬’t screw this up again.

    As for Jean in the X-Force, it┬’s like I told you: if Percy didn┬’t want anyone opposing Hank┬’s behaviour and trying to steer the X-Force into a group which is limited by a certain code of ethics, why the hell did he put Jean there?
    Exactly, where┬┤s the fun in writting a former well meaning and ethical X-man into making increasingly wrong choices for the wrongs reasons if there┬┤s no one there to offer a counter point to him and his methos? half the fun I had with Astonishing X-men was seeing Kitty call out Emma every other issue with actually good reasons and I thought Jean would have played a good part being that given her friendship with Hank.

    Really: it was just to be Logan┬’s girlfriend. Which is insulting and wrong in so many levels I won┬’t even start to list them!
    Agreed. This really bothered me too.

    That story amounted to nothing. Ugh. I doubt we┬’ll see any difference in the characters behaviour what-so-ever.

    And yes: his portrayal of Kurt is infuriating..
    Agreed, his Kurt had some good moments but honestly even TAS Kurt could run phylosophical circles around his Kurt and not break a sweat.

    Marvel to us: ┬“Trial is not in the sense of a court trial, you silly readers. You thought so? You┬’re so cute! No, no. We didn┬’t mean it like that. Sure, there was a murder and we advertised that to no end, but trial here is used in the sense of someone being tested and going through a difficult time, obviously.┬”

    Don┬’t you love when they gaslight us?

    As for Mags and Lorna┬… ugh┬… I honestly don┬’t know how you┬’re stomaching that story, Lucy.
    I am not mad at there being no trial, I actually enjoy when trials in comics have more than one meaning but her handle of Magnus is just plain bad and I can only handle it by thinking on the past of the story I actually liked. I am just mad they decided to use his name to sell a comic in which he has such horrible characterization and to force a separation between him and Lorna.

    I am dealing with it in part because JMC and Salarta have been very patient with me and my rants :P but also because as bad as it sounds, marvel has done Magneto dirty so many times that we Magneto fans expect stories like this one once a while, with Morrison being the biggest example of how bad marvel can handle Erik, so I just hope this doesn┤t hurt his chances for future stories and I would be lying if Leah is the first writer to ruin his relationship with his kids, that sadly is a ship that already sailed a long time ago, I am just hoping another writer can heal some of the damage.

    These people only understand buzz words: “Cultural imperialism. Want to be neutral? Use the word of your own language: Latin”. That┬’s what I suggest you them if you ever have to.
    I think so too. We can┬’t just accept every idea that gets pushed on social media. This is madness.
    Agreed if we did that the word would be crazier than it already is, not even social media knows what social media wants and honestly, how Latins call ourselves is not of their bussines.

    We┬’ll request asylum, then, to make it official.
    It will be great. ;p

    Right on the money, Lucy. And you bet this pun - though more obscure - was intended. *wink*
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-16-2021 at 12:29 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don┤t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  11. #806
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    You know what just occurred me? They take death so lightly I even forgot that Jean already doesn┬’t have the first place. I don┬’t think anyone can beat Quentin Quire at this point!
    Or Mr Sinister and all his clones.

    Exactly. Don┬’t make Fabian Cortez more palatable on an issue people should be defeating effing Onslaught!

    Argh!
    Yes, this was the moment to show how awesome was Kurt and David, not to make a half hearted effort to redeem Fabian. If that was the point I think he could have used more issues showing more of his qualities and less about how horrible he can be.

    - Genius 1: We can┬’t push the Forge into the Sun. So, I guess we need to send three mutants to fight Nimrod instead.
    - Clueless-person-there-to-validate-the-geniuses: How many times?
    - Genius 2: As many as it takes.
    To repeat the same action and expect different results is madness indeed, It┬┤s like they forgot how to plan and fight.

    Yeah, re-writing her personality was the worst part. Hands down. But I really don┬’t like her being a mutant. The Legacy Virus stuff could have been explained in many other BS ways. Those are Marvel comics after all.

    I also miss Kavita┬…
    I miss all the humans allies, Valerie Cooper, Kavita, Moira, Gabrielle, Stevie, we just need more allies to make up for them or they should come back in some way.

    Nothing against romantic relationships at all. But Hickman uses them to convince us those characters have depth and then proceeds to write whatever the hell he wants because it┬’s like he thinks he covered the ┬“my characters should be likeable┬” requirement. Also, he often uses those marriages as excuse for silly character motivations (regardless of canon) and plots.

    I don’t buy it.
    I think he wanted to give Apocalypse a deeper motivation and that┤s alright with me, what I didn┤t like was other characters acting like he was just misguided when in reality he can and will still be very brutal to other mutants and humans for his own ends. Depth also means allowing the characters to keep being themselves and to actually allow them face the music if the story calls for it. Not just do a quick, everything is good again, without any kind of effort or regret from the character in question, it cheapens the story because its not believiable. So I liked his take on A, I just want the other characters to react according to who he┤s actually and what he┤s done.

    I┬’d be more worried about that if that story was happening in Duggan┬’s Marauders.
    Probably but Hickman is also an Emma fan and that first scene on Inferno gave me all the feels of a girl power moment and I didn┤t like it but we will see what happens.


    If that┬’s the case, I┬’ll be here for you and you can rant or cry or rage all you want.
    Thank you, I honestly hope next week Leah leaves alone what┤s left of Lorna and Magneto relationship and focuses on Wanda instead. So far her handle of her and the mystery around her dead has been good.

    Yeah. And since Scott broke the protocol already, I can even Dark Phoenix with my dark brown hair. Getting this hair to look red would be a pain! :P
    My hair would look bad if I tried this too, it┤s too dark, it would just look a little red at the ends so thanks Scott for helping us


    Isn┬’t that the minimum you should know and accept as truth *before* you get hired to write the X-Men flagship? Marvel's job interviews must be precious. :P
    I think his job interview was the Secret Wars crossover, from then on, Hickman is being allowed a lot of freedom. I liked that crossover, no problem from me on that point but it only increases my pessimism to see how he could have handled the X-men better than he did or maybe I am not getting what he┤s trying to do but I definitely would have liked if he didn┤t transform Moira or forced the characterization of other characters, so I hope he at least ends on a good note.



    Maybe I should give it another try. But I don┬’t know what it is about Hickman┬’s style┬… I like some of the ideas, but I find the writing boring.
    I recomend you his FF run, it┤s very human and plain fun and I hoped to see touches of this on his X-men, his Avengers story was just a continuation of his FF story and his New Avengers was him totally making the illuminati doing a heel turn but mostly in character.

    Isn┬’t it? It┬’s like a little gift from the universe.
    Yes, its special.

    I┬’d say I┬’d love if StepfordScott would explode himself due to too much laughter, but they┬’d just bring him back, so what would be the point?

    I just want my real baby back!
    I hope we see him soon ;P

    Well┬… the artist there isn┬’t a fan of drawing backgrounds, so there was an issue where the kids were training in an open space and then using some jungle gym equipment in another┬… I┬’m not sure I┬’d call it a training facility.
    I guess given how krakoa doens┤t use traditional tecnology, this is supposed to be a new facility made by Krakoa.

    It really wasn┬’t the case. She spent quite some time in Krakoa/missions after she was rescued and before her death. Her mind was certainly scanned during that period so Onslaught didn't eat those memories. Someone must have edited her back-up.
    That was my idea too but I guess we still have to wait to see what happened.

    And we┬’re not the only ones. Other readers have said the same. What does it tell you about Marvel?
    That sometimes they use too much the shock and awe and then forgot how to send the genie back into the bottle? I, like many other readers, just like to read a good story and shock and awe alone is not enough, definitely.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-16-2021 at 12:34 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don┤t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  12. #807
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I confess that people screaming at Charles for being a hypocritical ass no longer really registers with me - he bounces in and out of that characterization all the time, going back to the Lee/Kirby days. What most people think of with him might actually be a shorter period of his behavior, where he actually means well but falls short of his ideals - it seems to me that more often in the comics he is much more of a "do as I say, not as I do" mentor, broken up by periods where he actually attempts to practice what he preaches.
    As someone who thinks he sometimes needs that calls off, I do think marvel has overdone it the last few years, yes, he┤s not done everything perfectly but he still used his fortune to train and teach a group of kids into being superheros when he could have easily led a confortable life with his powers and money, he has sacrificed himself for his own cause many times and has tried to do the best he could, I would say his main flaw is his inflexibility on some matters but other characters are like this too and I just want to see a grow up relationship between him and Scott.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-16-2021 at 12:01 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don┤t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  13. #808
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    And Lucy too!

    It's all kinds of awesome because we can have some actual discussions about comics without the usual passive aggressive/hostile comments. Stuff like: "if you don't like it, don't read it", which is arrogant and entitled and I'm so tired of reading it at this point, I rarely post anywhere else.

    But just because people don't post here, it doesn't mean they don't check it out.
    Thank you, is really great to have this space

    Beatiful images of Jean and Scott btw, I enjoyed the issue, mostly because of Jean reasons to join the X-men team, I am looking forward to see Lorna┤s argument on issue #5
    "To the X-men then, who don┤t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  14. #809
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked your analysis on Jean and Scott and yes, Erik may like his thrones but I seriously doubt that┤s on his mind most of the time when it comes to leadership, now being a leader, he definitely enjoys. :p
    About Jean and Scott: they have other issues/flaws. Those were just examples of things that are not very positive about them, but those things are still very endearing to me because they make the characters feel like real people.

    As for Erik, the throne (and the cape - let’s not forget the cape) is just a symbol of his weird but delicious relationship with power. His nuance and complexity when it comes to that (not the big chair) makes him interesting even if that’s not one of the most admirable traits about him. So, please, when I say throne, read the whole pathos around it. Not the piece of furniture itself. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He┤s been growing since the 80┤s, Claremon┤t end point for the character was for him to become a "stateman" for mutant rights and a leader for the X-men the problem was that Bob Harras wanted forcibly turn him into a villain again during the 90┤s but at least most of the time he had writers that tried to keep the nuance of the character, now they are sort of trying to get into a middle point between both eras and so far its been ok, I am interested to see future stories with him tackling the grey zone.
    I actually prefer him in the grey zone too. If he could just be written in a little less insufferable way in this Krakoa era, I’d appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think he definitely enjoys being the leader but becoming a symbol is more a result for the actions he takes, like in the case of the Acolytes, he truly didn┤t want to become their leader and most of the time he wasn┤t, Exodus or Cortez or Amelia were their leaders but he definitely was a symbol for them.
    Part of it is really not his fault. As we’ve established, the man is magnetic. He turns around and that cape sweeps majestically and everyone goes: “whoa!”

    And I don’t blame them. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes we do. :P
    That’s good. But it’s also fun when we don’t agree. I believe it was due to a disagreement that tea became a recurrent joke between us. And it turns out we were being prophets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well now I am curious, how would you describe their subconscious process? I was also talking a little about this, their story leads to them being more inclined to confront each other because of the way they approach the mutant situation and yes, there┤s a lot to unravel there.
    I’d describe it as delicious because it’s so contradictory at first sight! :D

    It’s canon and we agree that they truly admire each other. Normally, this makes men more prone to work together. What is weird is that it doesn’t work like that for them. And when you add the fact that they can work with other people, it seems even odder.

    So there *must* be something else there. Something that is actually very irrational.

    Charles being a telepath and a psychiatrist and an intellectual is probably very aware of it. And yet, he cannot prevent this dynamic from happening. That shows you how this stuff must come from a really primitive, really instinctual part of the brain.

    Now, you could say: “that’s definitely a pent-up sexual tension”, but I find this explanation boring and reductive. I’m a woman, but of all the males in my life I wouldn’t pick a single one and say: “he’s motivated by sex and nothing else”. ‘Cause you know, attached to the testicles there’s a whole human being, who is also complex and who has a mind that works and process information and actions on multiple levels of awareness.

    So how do I see this, really? I think their admiration makes them recognise the ultimate mutant leader in the other. That’s why they trigger each other.

    They see the ultimate mutant leader and they disagree with his ideology on principle, so they can’t help each other because they know that if they do, such a leader would crystallize that ideology with tragic consequences.

    They trigger in each other the primal instinct of protecting the tribe, which is very typical of the male brain (part of the male competitiveness BS I joked about before). And it’s not conscious and they can’t help it exactly because it actually comes from that most primitive part of their brains.

    Does it make sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Most of their discussions were said from an academic pov because both were afraid of the other discovering they were mutants and didn┤t expect them to react well to the news, some trust issues there already but I don┤t think Magneto was tiggered by anything Charles said on an academic pov, he even once said he expected him to be right or wanted him to be able to give reality to his dreams and Magneto himself is very much academicaly inclined, the problem was that by his own experience what Charles said, sounded more like whisful thinking than anything else to Erik┤s ears, so he was more like "I wish you were right but I truly don┤t think the world works that way"
    As I’ve written above, the “trigger” wouldn’t have happened in a conscious level. Now, back then, none of them were thinking of leading mutantkind or that the the other would try that eventually. But it’s the seed, the inception of that struggle between them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What┤s so interesting to me personally is that at this point the trained soldier was Charles and Magneto was just getting into the whole spy bussines after losing his family for the second time. So it wasn┤t like Charles didn┤t know the harder side of the world but he insisted that it was possible for mutants to work with the system, while for Magneto it was more like, by my experience, mutants will have to play a bigger hand in the system if they hope to survive and they just never advanced from this point. Still Erik was not truly Magneto, so it was not yet a mission statement from him, just his pov on the matter and here┤s where they can┤t move,because Charles sometimes interprets this as people or Erik not seeing the goodness of his dream, while in reality they just have different perspectives and story.
    I think both of them understand each other deeply. And yet, they misunderstand each other in a tragic way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I will get ready the bottle but I still would love to hear you joke :D
    Please, do remember you asked for it. Here we go:

    After we confessed our… *ahem* admiration for both men, I’d risk saying that if we added Moira to the game and played fu**, marry or kill, it’d would be obvious that we’d kill Moira. :P

    If you ask me who I’d marry, my answer would be: Jean-Luc Picard.

    The spray bottle might not be enough here:



    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think most of what happened is still canon, Charles and Erik didn┤t try to work together with Moira until Magneto accepted to become part of the school and this helps to explain why Charles bassically ordered the X-men to accept him at the time and following Hickman┤s timeline, they truly became enemies during mutant genesis after magneto discovered Moira was manipulating his dna and thought Charles knew, this would also explain Charles anger at magneto if they had bigger plans that Magneto didn┤t want to help him develop.

    Not everything fits but it also doens┤t change things in a deeper way imo, at least for Charles and Erik, Moira on theo ther hand, had her entire personality rewritten and I don┤t think it was worth it.
    I think it fundamentally changes their motivations and the X-Dream itself. But I don’t have it in me to articulate why anymore, mostly because I’m so fed up with this story that I just want it to end already so we can pretend it never happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think those are the moments that truyly show us how capable we need to be and I am happy you were not hurt :P
    I was really lucky.

    I think that episode shaped my personality in more ways than I can tell. It’s really weird to think about it because I was very young when it happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but I also think it┤s because of the end itself
    You mean, the goal the leader has in mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes he would be, in his mind if he does his job well, no one should die so for him, them having to sacrifice to help him or save him, he looks like a personal failure unless the mission involves something bigger than all of them, AoA was a good example of this, he was not only asking them to have almost suicidal missions to get a little bit of advantage, their last mission involved all of them getting into the idea no one of them or their loved ones would be able to live post it, neither their world but they still did it because they wanted to give an opportunity for a different world and this is truly my different part of the crossover, it showed off the heroic side of the X-men in a great way.
    Yes! And that’s why I think they shouldn’t ever write any story for AoA after that one. Let their world end so the 616 could exist again. Epic and heroic!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Then I hope to see Havok83 soon around here ;P
    You want to watch my having to explain myself? :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-16-2021 at 05:18 AM.

  15. #810
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don┬┤t think he will write her too different from her appareances on X-force, it┬┤s a Wolverine story after all so I expect her to be on support capacity, so yes, probably it┬┤s best if you avoid it, because I get the sense he┬┤s still going to write them as a couple. Or at least that┬┤s the sense I get from the covers, I could be wrong but I think you should read thinks that really are going to interest you.
    I don’t think you’re wrong, Lucy. But I really hope so, ‘cause I might rage quit this sh** already if that’s the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    ouch, I see your point now, I guess Gillen was being sarcastic in Scott┤s ideation of Jean but yes, I totally get how that definitley wasn┤t the way to go for a couple so long separated.
    Tell that to Percy and Hickman, please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Awesome, I will get the tea from Mags to attract him and then we bring him to your home :P
    Make Scott Miserable Again! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well Ewing is not done yet with the Mysterium idea and it becoming a new currency after a hard economic period is actually something that has happened in the real world sometimes and I always like those small call offs to reality even in a scifi-comic. I also loved how much effort he puts into writting well lesser know characters and actually respects the continuity of the older ones, I am really looking forward to see more issues by him and hopefully he will keep Mags around after Inferno and ToM are done.
    Wait… when did we ever retrieve a magic metal from the place where a Cosmic Force and its hosts heals?

    Since we’re talking about characterizations, since when Johana is a calm and collected person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Its was beatiful and one of the first I read with just Scott and Jean as protagonists.
    I miss that couple they were *so* much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Him, yes, I enjoyed his interactions with Jen so much.
    Yes. What I loved was that even though, as a genie, she called him master and lived to please him, she was actually the boss. The way she would twist things around was so funny. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Welcome home bubble thoughts :P
    You’re loved and appreciated here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree, before that scene I supposed they were together but also in an open relationship but I don┤t think Emma played a big part there either, more like Storm did imo.
    I honestly do not know what the hell was going on and I can only roll my eyes at it at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly, where┤s the fun in writting a former well meaning and ethical X-man into making increasingly wrong choices for the wrongs reasons if there┤s no one there to offer a counter point to him and his methos? half the fun I had with Astonishing X-men was seeing Kitty call out Emma every other issue with actually good reasons and I thought Jean would have played a good part being that given her friendship with Hank.
    But again: it’s an X-Force book. It just doesn’t fit the thematic.

    Speaking of Emma and Kitty… *sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed. This really bothered me too.
    Well, I’m glad that BS is over. Now it’s a matter for bracing for the Wolverine event and hope for the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, his Kurt had some good moments but honestly even TAS Kurt could run phylosophical circles around his Kurt and not break a sweat.
    His portrayal is a bit like Onslaught, right?

    Onslaught - psychic monster. That’s all you need to know.
    Kurt - Catholic priest. That’s all you need to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am not mad at there being no trial, I actually enjoy when trials in comics have more than one meaning but her handle of Magnus is just plain bad and I can only handle it by thinking on the past of the story I actually liked. I am just mad they decided to use his name to sell a comic in which he has such horrible characterization and to force a separation between him and Lorna.
    If there is no trial I’ll be mad about how deceitful they were, but really not surprised.

    I do agree about everything else you said here. And it pisses me off, even though I’m not a Mags fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am dealing with it in part because JMC and Salarta have been very patient with me and my rants :P but also because as bad as it sounds, marvel has done Magneto dirty so many times that we Magneto fans expect stories like this one once a while, with Morrison being the biggest example of how bad marvel can handle Erik, so I just hope this doesn┤t hurt his chances for future stories and I would be lying if Leah is the first writer to ruin his relationship with his kids, that sadly is a ship that already sailed a long time ago, I am just hoping another writer can heal some of the damage.
    But the fact this has happened so many times already should be reason for them never to do it again, instead of an excuse to keep doing it. I really admire your patience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed if we did that the word would be crazier than it already is, not even social media knows what social media wants and honestly, how Latins call ourselves is not of their bussines.
    The problem is that they think it is. But they picked the wrong people to try to impose such BS on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It will be great. ;p
    Well… it’s apparently really hot. But no place is perfect, right?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-16-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •