Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 900
  1. #826
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Not so sure about it. He could have used them more often than he did in Cable, for instance. It seems to me he’s writing them as a couple because that’s what they became during XoS. Before it was more of a “yeah, they’re married, but who knows what that means?” case.

    It also helps that both are finally part of the main cast of the same book.

    But, hey, whatever the case, I’m not complaining we’re getting to see them together more often!
    Agreed but I admit I was like "Nightmare" get away from the, when he decided to lie between to Scott and Jean, too many people already doing that.

    While this is a group book, Jean and Scott are too strong of characters not to take a central role. I can’t really blame him. But I’d like to see the other characters a bit better, most especially Laura who has been neglected so far.
    Agreed

    Hey, we’re running a family-oriented-children’s-friendly thread here. Says, Grinning Soul, from the icy tub where she’s cooling down with Lucyinthesky after a conversation about killing Moira and marrying Captain Picard! :P
    Join us if you want
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  2. #827
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol, I get it and that cape, yess! I honestly think artist have so much fun drawing it.

    My first big impression of him was him looking down at Hank from an energy ball on TAS and I was like "Who´s that cool guy?" then he went and talked about his past and that he would not stand by and let it repeat again and I was "Hi, favorite new character, I don´t care you are the villain, I like you" :P then I went into comics and developed my hate/love relationship with marvel.
    Yeah… I’m not saying he should go back to this role. But Mags is an awesome villain/antagonist! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree that him being a teacher can be used to put him in a corner a little, I have good memories of his time with the New mutants because there were some truly heartwarming moments between them and I also like to see him more active. I am curious to know, on what roles you would like to see him?
    Ruler. Advisor. General. Those fit better his personality and commanding presence.

    For instance, when you compare teacher and advisor, both roles benefit from his experience, right? But advisor jells better with his ruthless personality. And it’s one of those traits that might not be the most admirable about him, but it makes him the character he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but this was the biggest one for me, I was like, Hickman please, remember who are writting about.
    Yeah. It feels a bit too much for no reason. Hickman’s X-Men #4 was so over the top. But I know why Hickman’s Mags doesn’t sound sympathetic: he’s not married. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I have disconnected from inferno and was way too happy to see him on a good mood and drinking again, so mostly Moira bothered more out of the three lol but I get your point, I mostly have that urge when Hickman´s tackles characters, they all sound way too arrogant sometimes but there are also usually good ideas around, so it´s a mixed experience for me.
    Yes. Most of them sound way too arrogant when Hickman is writing them. And sometimes they say stuff that is just to look cool, but makes no sense either because of the content or the circumstance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly and I believe this is why he still has fans, despite some writters best efforts and marvel mishandling him so much, the guy is still too magnetic to resist sometiems. (sorry for my bad pun) :p
    Hon, the day I criticize you for bad puns, you’re allow to stamp my forehead with the word “hypocrite”. :D

    Unlike Jean, I think Marvel is aware of the gem Mags is. So I’d say it’s not just the fans who can’t resist him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It´s done then, we will see if next issue of Inferno doesn´t have data pages.
    What are the chances, though? I think it would be fun if we took bets in how many data pages there will be? Less than 4? 4? More than 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly :P they can´t help but worry and even when they do take a break there´s always something happening that brings them back, one of my favorite moments like this was when Magneto and Alytis Forrester(Scott´s former girlfriend) were just about to kiss and Charles comes with his giant astral head and tells Magneto he has to join the X-men and fight off Beyonder asap while Erik is like, sigh, such timing you have old friend. :D
    Big astral head shouting about emergencies… That’s the Professor we love! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree it´s a serious compromise and it should be treated as one, something the Krakoa era has not truly tackled imo but well, Magneto already did this when he joined the X-men so I was looking forward to see Charles doing a similar compromise and he actually went to help Mags to bring back Genosha, so there´s a background to this idea, what´s lacking is the character voices imo.
    We don’t need character voices. We were told Moira broke him. It makes sense. You just don’t like it.

    -- Yeah, that was me channeling CBR’s average posters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well I think I would kill Moira, variant Moira I have not problem with, original Moira, I would just put her to sleep XD
    Fuck Charles and Marry AoA Magneto, he obviously was able to keep a family around despite his mission and I would marry 616 Mags with happines and Storm or Medusa, sadly they are already taken and it´s my problem with him, I think Briar is not good for him but at least they have fun together.
    Wait, I thought we’d keep them away from us?

    (I think we’ll need more ice here)

    I’m happy we don’t want to marry the same guy because I’m as monogamous as it gets.

    Look, I’m also territorial. So you fool around with Chuck before he and I get married, deal? And no psychic affairs! That big mind of his is also just mine.:P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t know, Are you sure that´s really Destiny? (evil smile) I don´t want Krakoa burned down but I would like to see it change for the better and for Genosha to come back.
    No. I’m not sure it’s her, actually.

    I don’t mind Genosha. But Krakoa needs to become cinders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It was so epic I didn´t even mind all the issues I had to buy, it was that good. Marvel should remember if they want to sell, they need to bring this epicness and character work back, edginess on it´s own is just enough to seel #1 issues.
    Mmm… In the 616 continuity, you can’t have epic story after epic story. But you need to have good stories as a rule and some epic stories every now and then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I enjoy having debates with you, do you think I don´t enjoy reading you other debates? and I also enjoy reading Havok´s povs
    I follow some threads, but I’ve kinda always assumed that people only read the debates they are engaged with. And sometimes - I know - they jump in without even reading the whole thing because they attack me for a position I said I didn’t have 1 or 2 posts before (or sometimes for a position I said I didn't have on the very post they're quoting!).

    So really, that’s surprising to me.

  3. #828
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If you want to send a private message I would not mind
    Thanks, sweetie. I have no idea how I’ll feel. I’m so tired I might just shrug off, close the viewer and walk away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I have learned this the hard way but once in a while it works.
    Yeah… miracles do happen. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Whatever brings Scott back is fine for me, I personally think he will not be exactly like he was in the past, too much has happened but Jean can always bring a smile to his face and I am looking forward to seeing more of them.
    You know I’m joking, right? I’d never ever harm my baby boy.



    His normal is slightly miserable at best, though, and I want him to be normal. That was what the joke was about.

    You’re right, though: he can’t be exactly the same. For one because the trauma with Apocalypse’s possession itself that was never even dealt it. Not to mention there is so much added guilt (and trauma) related to that mess in Morrison’s run. Then his behaviour during Utopia’s era and AvX…

    I meant getting Scott back to his normal, with those added scars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well it´s fine by me because Abigail did this on purpose, I am sure she has been looking for the metal for some time but didn´t have the means until now to get it,she´s a speacer, she knows her way around it and about Victor well, I agreed with his warning but I disliked him trying to manipulate them with it. Still I think Storm and Abigail could have managed it better and I am still waiting to see a new interaction between him and my boy, they are just epic when they fight or join forces.
    How would those particular characters in the original cast of S.W.O.R.D. even know mysterium existed?

    It’s requires too much suspension of disbelief at this point.

    As for Doom, he’ll surely appear again. The whole point of The Last Anihilation story was to prepare him to act as an antagonist to mutants. I’m not sure if Mags will be around, but I think he will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Ewing took down her actitude a bit but context explains her role, other ambassadors are Super Skrull and Gladiator and on space diplomacy sometimes is done by trial of combat so yes, Frenzy is right at home there and I honestly think the Skrull representative has a thing for her.
    All too convenient - again. But I don’t care enough about her to get too upset about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I suscribed for Wanda mostly and really enjoyed it, if you have time, maybe you should look it over. I also liked Falcon and the Winter Soldier series.
    Nope. It’s a matter of principle. They canceled Daredevil (and the others, but I don’t really care about them) show because they wanted to be the only ones making a profit from the character and they wanted everything Marvel to be in Disney’s upcoming streaming service. But then they don’t use the character for *anything*?

    Nope. Not getting my money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Same honestly, I just want them to get away from that concept, it didnt made sense.
    None whatsoever. But I really don’t care anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but her role sometimes involved ethics, I expected this role to fall to Jean, it would have been an interesting role for her but well, it never happened so I should move past that.
    That’s the thing: Jean is not Betsy. Betsy had been a more morally grey character already. It was easier to integrate her into an X-Force book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This is another case in which you can have the same plot and story but need to get the characters voices right to sell the story imo.
    Fanboys rarely get the character’s voices right. When they do, they still tend to screw up the character’s around their favourite or write them as a mere accessory to their favourite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Which brings me back to the criticism he himself made about crucible, I was like "You are part of the goverment and can bring your own initiatives Kurt" get to work mister.
    He mostly says the right things in the council, but he rarely presses on them or debates them… Besides, when it comes to the crucible itself we never saw how that pearl came into existence… We were just told a bit of the reasoning.

    Well, at least it wasn’t in a data page. *Sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He almost was and there´s nothing wrong with that but he never really became one and Spurrier needs to get over it honestly
    Hickman started it, actually, back in X-Men #7, which he went out of his way to point out is one of his favourite issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, I want them to have Kurt back as himself.
    Yes. I want it for them as much as I want my favourite couple back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am conflicted because not everything has been terrible, it´s just her handle of Mags the thing I can´t deal with and Leah talked about doing some catharsis for the characters so I can only hope that also involves Mags in some way, like I hope for the best but I can see how bad this still can turn into. I just love the art, there´s no conflict on me from that point.
    Let’s hope for the best. Two more days and we can chat about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Specially with a character like Magneto who´s hard to write in balance, this is why I will always give credit when it´s due and despite marvel bad handling on him and allowing Morrison write him that way, writers like Mike Carey, who truly care about the X-men and are just brilliant, as Hickman said, Fraction, Gillen, Bunn, Duggan, Hickman and Bendis have managed him back into a certain balance that I think is the best spot for the character and I am grateful for their work there. It makes the bad moments more palatable and while I haven not liked everything they have done with him, I can see how they are giving him deeper levels of depth.
    Let’s hope Inferno doesn’t ruin that (though I don’t think it will).

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol you can, from a safe distance ;P
    Of course. I don’t want anyone spilling my popcorn! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Spock better be ready ;P
    That would be the logical course of action. :D

  4. #829
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly, he needs to be a character again, with motivations and goals or probably he just have not seen them yet.
    I think the writers are happy with “he’s doing it ‘cause he’s Sinister” motivation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes when he suggested the idea I was excited but the excution could have been better if he showed more how big, extremely big danger Onslaught is so the end would have feel more satisfying.
    Totally. I was worried before I even read the book, though. When everything has to be dealt with in a single issue? It’s usually not a good sign.

    But bad pacing has also been a common issue of this era.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I get the sense their former selves who didn´t have even half they have now, would be like "you fools" XD well Magneto would be, Charles would try to take over Krakoa´s Charles mind and do things right. ;p
    I think he’d first try to make Krakoa’s Charles see what he’s doing with words, then show him with telepathy, then he’d take his mind.

    I mean, a well-written Charles, that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would not mind this at all, I saw art from Inferno with them both looking at a door, like getting ready to attack together and I was like, I need that spray Soul, right now ;P


    I actually haven’t seen that art and maybe it’s better we keep it that way for now. :P

    The only thing I liked about AvX was how badass Charles was in there. He doesn’t get too many of those moments. Such a waste.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I honestly don´t take the crossover with the FF4 as canon when he have seen Kyle and Jubes child around without a care in the world but I agree we need confirmation, how many humans are currently living on Krakoa and how many bans are there for them living there?
    I think we could say spouses and children of mutants are allowed. Parents, siblings, etc… are not. It’s a bit like immigration laws of some countries. But this is based on genetics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    On this front I agree, he needs to be back into being a menace older than the world, we can keep his background and family and he needs to be a character worthy of his name again, Dark Ages bassically put the reset button on him so I expect X-books to bring something like this back.
    I don’t, really. Not before they’re ready to burn Krakoa down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well it didn´t feel like a villain book either, more like a travel book to see some main points for the era, which yes, is a terrible waste of the flagship comic Mr Hickman. I will admit even Morrison did better on the opportunity to write it.
    No, it wasn’t a villain book. But the flagship of the X-Men has to be a hero book. And the fact it wasn’t is not something to brag about, but to feel ashamed about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I confess I do this when I felt sad, it´s nice to remember and read again the awesome stories of older comics.
    It’s also a matter of time management. There are so many old comics I never read. I could be doing that instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Song have this exact effect on me, they either make me remember such awesome times with friends or bad times being better thanks to this songs. Music is like magic :)
    It really is. There is a special place in my heart for the songs I love and the ones that became special for whatever reason and even the ones which are guilty pleasures. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think they should bring back Danger, she´s a good ally and can be pretty good at training the kids. X-men Blue suggested this role for her but we didn´t quite see it being done.
    I love robots and androids, but I don’t like Danger on principle and what she represents. I know it’s immature, but I can’t help it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed
    This is not a good thing, though. It probably means the characters will keep being written in this weird way and we better get used to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly, quite stories can be so strong and memorable on their own.
    Sometimes, good motivation, good characterization and/or good dialogue is all is takes for a story to be good. Even the plot can be meh.

    I love the movie “Before Sunrise”, for instance. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I know :D
    Did you just pull a Han Solo on me? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I will have to read the issue again but it would not be the first time Jean uses this strategy to take down opponents. On the other hand, the story also felt like a fairly tale for me so maybe Duggan didn´t overthinked about it.
    I’m pretty sure he didn’t. It’s a quasi-filler and it reads like a filler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but I admit I was like "Nightmare" get away from the, when he decided to lie between to Scott and Jean, too many people already doing that.
    I channeled some annoying CBR posters and thought: “polyamory confirmed”. Jesus, this so tiring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Join us if you want :)
    At some point we’ll need a bigger tub! :D

  5. #830
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,924

    Default

    Dear snobs, don't try to figure out my avatar.

    Sorry, I am agnostic. And your presumptions makes you something.

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  6. #831
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    YeahÂ… IÂ’m not saying he should go back to this role. But Mags is an awesome villain/antagonist!
    Yes he´s, what I liked so much about him was how powerful he was, so I thought if he just changed his perspective he could be such a great force for good and it actually happened in the cartoon, because you could understand his motives and where he was coming from and apart from the first chapters, he was not even an actual villain on the series, just an antagonist. In the story of Asteroid M he actually invited to dinner along with the Acolytes a pair of astronauts he rescued from dying on space, he helpted to bring down the sentinels, to defeat Apocalypse, he was instrumental to stop the Phalanx invasion and to defeat Mr.Sinister and even in the last chapter he decided to help Charles reach Lilandra so he could be saved from dying, I really liked the balance they used with him in the series and hopefully they can manage this in the comics too.

    Ruler. Advisor. General. Those fit better his personality and commanding presence.For instance, when you compare teacher and advisor, both roles benefit from his experience, right? But advisor jells better with his ruthless personality. And itÂ’s one of those traits that might not be the most admirable about him, but it makes him the character he is.
    I agree completely, he works better on those roles, they are a very good fit for him and in later years marvel has shown his leadership skills extend even outside mutants, because he didn´t have much trouble to reunite quickly a group of villains to help rescue the heros during Axis event,so yes, when he puts his mind to it and his skills he´s a very good leader in general, idelologically or tactically.

    I also have a soft spot for his teaching days, because other characters actually recognized him for this period, like Black Panther but it was also something he had to struggle with, this didn´t come naturally to him, like being a leader, he made mistakes, he was worried, he was too lenient or too controlling but there was no dought he cared for the New Mutants, I have the headcanon he remembers this period with the New mutants warmly but he hated being a teacher because it was the first time he didn´t really know if he was doing well or not, he had to learn along with them and given how pefectionist he can be, he doesn´t like not having the handle of things but it´s nice when other characters remember him as a teacher.







    Yeah. It feels a bit too much for no reason. HickmanÂ’s X-Men #4 was so over the top. But I know why HickmanÂ’s Mags doesnÂ’t sound sympathetic: heÂ’s not married.


    Lol yes that probably would change his humor for the better :P I personally enjoy reading Duggan´s Krakoa Magneto, while I have mixed feelings for Hickman´s Magneto, mostly because I have not seen him writting him much but in both cases, I could see him being married helping him with his general disposition and just imagine the party they would have at Krakoa over him marrying again.

    Yes. Most of them sound way too arrogant when Hickman is writing them. And sometimes they say stuff that is just to look cool, but makes no sense either because of the content or the circumstance.
    Yes this happens sometimes.

    Hon, the day I criticize you for bad puns, you’re allow to stamp my forehead with the word “hypocrite”.
    :P Thanks, I was trying my hand with them, I am not lying when I said I really like your humor

    Unlike Jean, I think Marvel is aware of the gem Mags is. So IÂ’d say itÂ’s not just the fans who canÂ’t resist him.
    I agree some writers love to write him, I just read an interview by Ewing when he said he was "hungry" that was the word he used :P to write Magneto on SWORD so he asked for him but I also think other writers can´t stand him and it show´s so its a mixed reaction imo, and this extends even to the editors, Bob Harras was just one example but he´s one of those characters that they either hate or love and this may lead to some very contradictory if complex stories.

    What are the chances, though? I think it would be fun if we took bets in how many data pages there will be? Less than 4? 4? More than 4?
    You know, I feel rare because I don´t mind data pages too much, except when they tell important parts of the story.Still given how little left of Hickman´s stories we have got, I would prefer less data pages, lest hope next issue just has two. :P

    Big astral head shouting about emergenciesÂ… ThatÂ’s the Professor we love!
    Yes, he´s always looking to stop crisis, Charles and I am sure him interrumping Magnus just when he and Alystis were going to kiss was a complete coincidence :P I can picture him teasing Mags over it later.

    We donÂ’t need character voices. We were told Moira broke him. It makes sense. You just donÂ’t like it.

    -- Yeah, that was me channeling CBRÂ’s average posters.
    Lol You know reading that, I tought Moira was probably responsible for Onslaught but so far no sign of this was shown on Way of X, so I hope we see it on Inferno.

    Wait, I thought weÂ’d keep them away from us?
    Inser evil smile while I sneakily hide both of them from Soul :P

    (I think weÂ’ll need more ice here)
    Definitely

    IÂ’m happy we donÂ’t want to marry the same guy because IÂ’m as monogamous as it gets.
    Me too actually :P

    Look, IÂ’m also territorial. So you fool around with Chuck before he and I get married, deal? And no psychic affairs! That big mind of his is also just mine.:P
    I will try my best but I make not promises :P

    No. IÂ’m not sure itÂ’s her, actually.

    I donÂ’t mind Genosha. But Krakoa needs to become cinders.
    Well, I guess we disagree here, I just want Krakoa to make better sense and to see it being written in a little more realistic manner, not because I like it, I genuinely think it would lead to interesting stories.

    Mmm… In the 616 continuity, you can’t have epic story after epic story. But you need to have good stories as a rule and some epic stories every now and then.

    With all the crossovers they make, they sure are trying but I agree, epic stories need their time to develop, I can do with meantful and stories even if they are quite and personal, I also love those when they go deep into the characters head. This is what I enjoy more on Spider-Man stories.

    I follow some threads, but I’ve kinda always assumed that people only read the debates they are engaged with. And sometimes - I know - they jump in without even reading the whole thing because they attack me for a position I said I didn’t have 1 or 2 posts before (or sometimes for a position I said I didn't have on the very post they're quoting!).

    So really, that’s surprising to me.
    Well I just enjoy reading debates because they give me ideas or perspectives I didn´t consider before. I am rare like that. :P
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-24-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  7. #832
    Extraordinary Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,570

    Default

    I'm glad to see you found another dance partner in Lucy while I was absent GS. We really had monopolized the thread.

    First, I'm trying to organize my messy notes on the tamales I helped prepare so I can share the recipe, but be warned that my mom used basically no measurements beyond what she thought was good.

    Second, I have some thoughts about the recent issue and the Captain Krakoa thing I'll share when I can.

    Third, I'll try to respond to the messages I missed soon.

    Finally, I've almost finished rereading HoX/PoX and taking notes so I can write a retrospective on it, especially in terms of Scott and Jean. That'll segue into a retrospective on Hickman's X-Men, since Inferno is his swan song.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  8. #833
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks, sweetie. I have no idea how IÂ’ll feel. IÂ’m so tired I might just shrug off, close the viewer and walk away.
    I would not blame you if you did, I just hope you give this next stage a try and that you stay aroing so we can go Dark Phoenix together :P

    YeahÂ… miracles do happen. :P
    Every once in a while, they do happen.

    You know IÂ’m joking, right? IÂ’d never ever harm my baby boy.

    His normal is slightly miserable at best, though, and I want him to be normal. That was what the joke was about.[/QUOTE]


    I am glad to hear this, was worried for Scott for a little while there. :P In this case, lest get Scotty back to himself.

    YouÂ’re right, though: he canÂ’t be exactly the same. For one because the trauma with ApocalypseÂ’s possession itself that was never even dealt it. Not to mention there is so much added guilt (and trauma) related to that mess in MorrisonÂ’s run. Then his behaviour during UtopiaÂ’s era and AvXÂ…

    I meant getting Scott back to his normal, with those added scars.
    Agreed and I still want to see that indepth talk with Jean about all these events,mostly because I love to read about characters having relationship problems and deal with them in a mature, in character way that helps us see them overcome crsisi and grow as characters, this is my Mj/Peter fan showing up again.

    I think even if both are great persons, they need to talk about this because those events were not insignificant, they mattered, they happened, they could happen again and they need to talk about it.

    How would those particular characters in the original cast of S.W.O.R.D. even know mysterium existed?

    ItÂ’s requires too much suspension of disbelief at this point.
    I think Brand is the main, only person to know about mysterium before they went looking for it, she grew up on space so she knows a lot about legends and stories there and I could see her seeing Krakoa´s mutants as an opportunity to finally make her vision a reality.

    As for Doom, heÂ’ll surely appear again. The whole point of The Last Anihilation story was to prepare him to act as an antagonist to mutants. IÂ’m not sure if Mags will be around, but I think he will.
    I hope he´s, those two are such drama kings, I get a blast every time they interact or are on a panel together and it´s such a rare ocurrence that I always look forward to opportunities like this. Also I think he 100% expected Magneto to be the ruler for "Sol" that´s why he said "Show me your king" they have got a semi- friendly competence over who gets to rule over the world first since the 80´s, or at least Victor sees it that way, because Erik was like, yeah, sure I just want to be a good guy now and take care of my kids, while Victor was like, that will not last and you know it :P , so I could see him being mad Mags sucedenly decided to get off his deppression and actually conquer the solar system when he wasn´t looking. Doom would be like "¡that guy, the nerve of him!" :P

    All too convenient - again. But I donÂ’t care enough about her to get too upset about it.
    I honestly think he´s basing this concept on the whole "Trial by combat" from Dark Phoenix as well as that event in which cosmic empires decided to unilaterally convert earth into a jail for cosmic villains and he also said she had experience because she also was Genosha ambassador for a little while but there was not shown enough to know how she was at that given that happened for just one issue. Still, tecnically, she already was an ambassador on the MU.

    Nope. ItÂ’s a matter of principle. They canceled Daredevil (and the others, but I donÂ’t really care about them) show because they wanted to be the only ones making a profit from the character and they wanted everything Marvel to be in DisneyÂ’s upcoming streaming service. But then they donÂ’t use the character for *anything*?

    Nope. Not getting my money.
    I didn´t watch daredevil but I know how that feels, I was furious as well for them cancelling "Wolverine and the X-men" I guess Disney is still a monopoly that doesn´t like to share and it shows.


    None whatsoever. But I really donÂ’t care anymore.
    Agreed, I just want a nice closure for all those plot points.

    ThatÂ’s the thing: Jean is not Betsy. Betsy had been a more morally grey character already. It was easier to integrate her into an X-Force book.
    I used to think this made it more interesting because it would challenge Jean but Percy just wanted her to be there for Logan and it´s just dissapointing.

    Fanboys rarely get the characterÂ’s voices right. When they do, they still tend to screw up the characterÂ’s around their favourite or write them as a mere accessory to their favourite.
    Agreed and I see this all the time on fan stories, I was just expecting proffesional work to do better on this front. To be fair, with some exception, I think Scott´s time as Leader #1 of X-men had interesting moments even if some writers went a little overboard on the fanboy side. My favorite writers of this era were Mike Carey and Kieron Gillen, I think they managed a good balance and introduced interesting new concepts, like the children of the vault.

    He mostly says the right things in the council, but he rarely presses on them or debates themÂ… Besides, when it comes to the crucible itself we never saw how that pearl came into existenceÂ… We were just told a bit of the reasoning.

    Well, at least it wasnÂ’t in a data page. *Sigh*
    And this is why I think Krakoa has great potential but bad execution, this was the perfect time to show Kurt learning to understand the whole goverment bussines, including adding his own proposals to counteract those of Apocalypse or Sinister or the crucibel and even way of X ended with him, deciding to "judge others as part of the QC but he tecnically also should be a able to make proposals, it would be an interesting idea if the writers truly looked at the possibilities at their hands imo.

    Hickman started it, actually, back in X-Men #7, which he went out of his way to point out is one of his favourite issues.
    Yes I think he liked it on a narrative sense because it felt on the grey zone but I didn´t like how passive it made look Scott and Kurt.

    Yes. I want it for them as much as I want my favourite couple back.
    Agreed


    LetÂ’s hope for the best. Two more days and we can chat about it.
    I would not like to talk more about this, I already had my rants over other threats, so far from last issue I can only say I am happy Magneto and Lorna didn´t have much lines, or lines that would hurt their relationship further and that it hopefully will stay that way for the next two issues and I would not mind Magneto defending himself a little before it ends. I am just tired, I want this to end so I can forget about ToM.

    LetÂ’s hope Inferno doesnÂ’t ruin that (though I donÂ’t think it will).
    Well inferno is supposed to give closure to the whole HoX/PoX story so I hope it does and that it leaves the franchise and Magneto on a good place narratively speaking.

    Of course. I donÂ’t want anyone spilling my popcorn!
    Of course, still those discussions can get a little intense :P

    That would be the logical course of action.
    Indeed :P
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  9. #834
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm glad to see you found another dance partner in Lucy while I was absent GS. We really had monopolized the thread.

    First, I'm trying to organize my messy notes on the tamales I helped prepare so I can share the recipe, but be warned that my mom used basically no measurements beyond what she thought was good.

    Second, I have some thoughts about the recent issue and the Captain Krakoa thing I'll share when I can.

    Third, I'll try to respond to the messages I missed soon.

    Finally, I've almost finished rereading HoX/PoX and taking notes so I can write a retrospective on it, especially in terms of Scott and Jean. That'll segue into a retrospective on Hickman's X-Men, since Inferno is his swan song.
    Hi Hizashi, I am glad to be around here.

    Love tamales, especially at this time of year between day of the dead and Christmas.

    I am looking forward to read your analysis on Hickmans run when it comes to Scott and Jean.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  10. #835
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think the writers are happy with “he’s doing it ‘cause he’s Sinister” motivation.
    Yes but even Sinister always had a deeper motive, like his whole plan with Scott and Jean or even Lorna and Havok so I think him being an ally of orchis makes perfect sense with his behavoir on Krakoa.

    Totally. I was worried before I even read the book, though. When everything has to be dealt with in a single issue? ItÂ’s usually not a good sign.

    But bad pacing has also been a common issue of this era.
    Yes but I think in general has become a problem even before this era. I gets better on the next stage after inferno.

    I think heÂ’d first try to make KrakoaÂ’s Charles see what heÂ’s doing with words, then show him with telepathy, then heÂ’d take his mind.

    I mean, a well-written Charles, that is.
    I agree but I also think Old Charles would see Krakoa Charles as a menace and a danger and I can see him attacking preevently imo.

    Ouch :P

    I actually havenÂ’t seen that art and maybe itÂ’s better we keep it that way for now. :P

    The only thing I liked about AvX was how badass Charles was in there. He doesnÂ’t get too many of those moments. Such a waste.
    Agreed this is why I am looking forward to see them attack together Orchis, If they are going to be taken down as Krakoa´s leaders, it would be a nice sendoff for them imo. To see them go all badass together and completely destroy that sentinel factory.

    I think we could say spouses and children of mutants are allowed. Parents, siblings, etcÂ… are not. ItÂ’s a bit like immigration laws of some countries. But this is based on genetics.
    Still, the writers have not been clear about this ban because family as a whole was allowed there, I honestly don´t think they have it clear either and no comic has been specific about the limits or the ban and after Magneto gave refuge to those people during King in Black on Island M, which is an extension of Krakoa already, I am sure some changes had to be introduced already but I am not hopeful we will see them address them.

    No, it wasn’t a villain book. But the flagship of the X-Men has to be a hero book. And the fact it wasnÂ’t is not something to brag about, but to feel ashamed about.
    I think sometimes Hickman and other writers like to do something different to old school super heroics stories but this often clashes with what they end up doing and the character themselves. The X-men are supposed to be heros even if you want to write them more on the nuanced, grey zone area, it must be left clear who they are.

    It’s also a matter of time management. There are so many old comics I never read. I could be doing that instead.
    Agreed, there are a lot of hidden gems on the older comics.

    It really is. There is a special place in my heart for the songs I love and the ones that became special for whatever reason and even the ones which are guilty pleasures.
    Me too :P

    I love robots and androids, but I donÂ’t like Danger on principle and what she represents. I know itÂ’s immature, but I canÂ’t help it.
    Lol I know but she ended on good terms with Charles and her perspective is really interesting considering the whole fight with the sentinels and the phalanx.

    This is not a good thing, though. It probably means the characters will keep being written in this weird way and we better get used to it.
    I think only time will tell. So far I suspect Scott is going to become captain Krakoa to stop Urich from getting more infornation on the X-men ressurrection process. SO I don´t know if they are going to be the same but definitely they will have different problems.

    Sometimes, good motivation, good characterization and/or good dialogue is all is takes for a story to be good. Even the plot can be meh.

    I love the movie “Before Sunrise”, for instance.
    Agreed the problem I guess is that writers and fans don´t always agree on what´s considered good characterization and motivation, because they see the characters in a different way.

    Did you just pull a Han Solo on me?
    I did

    IÂ’m pretty sure he didnÂ’t. ItÂ’s a quasi-filler and it reads like a filler.
    Probably, I think we will not see this change until after inferno.

    I channeled some annoying CBR posters and thought: “polyamory confirmed”. Jesus, this so tiring.
    I did the same tbh and I lol then I went nightmare, get away from there.

    At some point weÂ’ll need a bigger tub!
    We will, to include everyone.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  11. #836
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Guys, please, keep sharing your thoughts about the current comics. I'm reading. I'll just need a few days before I have the concentration to reply.

    @From The Shadows: Thanks for sharing. I'll try to comment about that story soon.
    @Hizashi: You're a sweetheart. Thanks for the effort, but don't worry about the recipe, please. Share you thoughts instead, if you want, when you have the time. I'll enjoy reading and I'll comment as soon as possible.
    @Lucyinthesky: Thanks for the patience that takes to reply to all those long message. I really appreciate your time, honey. And I'll try to answer as soon as my thoughts become coherent again.

  12. #837
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    It´s alright Grinning Soul, take your time
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  13. #838
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,924

    Default

    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-26-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    Dear snobs, don't try to figure out my avatar.

    Sorry, I am agnostic. And your presumptions makes you something.

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  14. #839
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Before I start… I’m going through a really difficult period in my life. If I write something that isn’t very coherent here, please, let me know and apologises in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes he´s, what I liked so much about him was how powerful he was, so I thought if he just changed his perspective he could be such a great force for good and it actually happened in the cartoon, because you could understand his motives and where he was coming from and apart from the first chapters, he was not even an actual villain on the series, just an antagonist. In the story of Asteroid M he actually invited to dinner along with the Acolytes a pair of astronauts he rescued from dying on space, he helpted to bring down the sentinels, to defeat Apocalypse, he was instrumental to stop the Phalanx invasion and to defeat Mr.Sinister and even in the last chapter he decided to help Charles reach Lilandra so he could be saved from dying, I really liked the balance they used with him in the series and hopefully they can manage this in the comics too.
    Yeah, that cartoon was so good in so many aspects. It pains me to say it as a Jean fan (though I don’t completely dislike her there), but I honestly think it’s still the X-Men cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree completely, he works better on those roles, they are a very good fit for him and in later years marvel has shown his leadership skills extend even outside mutants, because he didn´t have much trouble to reunite quickly a group of villains to help rescue the heros during Axis event,so yes, when he puts his mind to it and his skills he´s a very good leader in general, idelologically or tactically.
    Your boy’s impressive powers go much beyond his mutation. Quite a lot of it comes from his personality, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I also have a soft spot for his teaching days, because other characters actually recognized him for this period, like Black Panther but it was also something he had to struggle with, this didn´t come naturally to him, like being a leader, he made mistakes, he was worried, he was too lenient or too controlling but there was no dought he cared for the New Mutants, I have the headcanon he remembers this period with the New mutants warmly but he hated being a teacher because it was the first time he didn´t really know if he was doing well or not, he had to learn along with them and given how pefectionist he can be, he doesn´t like not having the handle of things but it´s nice when other characters remember him as a teacher.
    Yeah. This is a good example of a character being challenged when they’re out of their comfort zone. The fact he made mistakes and learnt from them didn’t come at the expense of his characterization: it would have been weird if he was really good at teaching right away. I think it’s actually endearing so I totally get your soft spot for it.

    Jean in the X-Force, on the other hand, was just a bad fit from the start and her mistakes are not even presented as such. It’s just character assassination for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Can we agree that Mags won the “who wore it better? - cape edition”?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol yes that probably would change his humor for the better :P I personally enjoy reading Duggan´s Krakoa Magneto, while I have mixed feelings for Hickman´s Magneto, mostly because I have not seen him writting him much but in both cases, I could see him being married helping him with his general disposition and just imagine the party they would have at Krakoa over him marrying again.
    Other than yourself, who would you pick as Mag’s spouse? Isca? Would you really do that to him?

    I kinda wanna see her carrying him inside the house now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    :P Thanks, I was trying my hand with them, I am not lying when I said I really like your humor
    I like your sense of humour too! Please, don’t stop with the puns on my account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree some writers love to write him, I just read an interview by Ewing when he said he was "hungry" that was the word he used :P to write Magneto on SWORD so he asked for him but I also think other writers can´t stand him and it show´s so its a mixed reaction imo, and this extends even to the editors, Bob Harras was just one example but he´s one of those characters that they either hate or love and this may lead to some very contradictory if complex stories.
    Yeah. That’s just… bad. If you don’t like the character, don’t write them. And if you do have to, be professional, respect them and try to write them the best you can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    You know, I feel rare because I don´t mind data pages too much, except when they tell important parts of the story.Still given how little left of Hickman´s stories we have got, I would prefer less data pages, lest hope next issue just has two. :P
    Here’s how I see it: if I can appropriate an expression that is commonly used by gamers, I’d say data pages always, always break my immersion so I don’t like them on principle.

    But I can see how useful they can be and not feel very upset about it when they’re expanding on a concept that was presented in the book. But when they’re *telling* us what should have been shown on panel? That’s when I get allergies from them.

    Don’t get me started on redacted data pages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, he´s always looking to stop crisis, Charles and I am sure him interrumping Magnus just when he and Alystis were going to kiss was a complete coincidence :P I can picture him teasing Mags over it later.
    Like this?



    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol You know reading that, I tought Moira was probably responsible for Onslaught but so far no sign of this was shown on Way of X, so I hope we see it on Inferno.
    You mean Onslaught’s original appearance? Mmm… Maybe.

    But I don’t know, I don’t want to give that abomination more (dis)credit than it is her due.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Inser evil smile while I sneakily hide both of them from Soul :P
    That’s just greedy, lucy.

    *Thinks really loud: “Where are you CHUCKles-baby? Tell me and I’ll come rescue you”. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Definitely
    We might prove to be more effective at melting ice than Climate Change. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me too actually :P
    I actually asked my partner if it was okay to joke about fu**, marry and kill on the forums. He looked at me and said: “wth is that?” and I explained what it was and I can only assume for a second he questioned his life choices, decided he was stuck with me anyway and said: “yeah, sure”. :P

    That’s how monogamous I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I will try my best but I make not promises :P
    I’ll make sure I put a provision that deals with cheating and the bribe the Cuckoos to keep a mind's-eye on you both. Worst case scenario I become a very wealthy divorcée.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well, I guess we disagree here, I just want Krakoa to make better sense and to see it being written in a little more realistic manner, not because I like it, I genuinely think it would lead to interesting stories.
    I never liked Krakoa’s idea, but I was willing to give it a fair chance. Two years into this story, though… ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    With all the crossovers they make, they sure are trying but I agree, epic stories need their time to develop, I can do with meantful and stories even if they are quite and personal, I also love those when they go deep into the characters head. This is what I enjoy more on Spider-Man stories.
    Agree and agree.

    We can’t say those guys in the X-Office nowadays don’t spend issues setting a story up. The problem is that act 2 and 3 gets compressed in 2 issues. Sometimes 1.

    It’s very hard to make an epic out of this terrible pacing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well I just enjoy reading debates because they give me ideas or perspectives I didn´t consider before. I am rare like that. :P
    Me too. But I confess that most of the times, nowadays, I completely skip certain discussions if certain posters are involved. I just don’t have the patience, I guess.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-27-2021 at 02:34 AM.

  15. #840
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would not blame you if you did, I just hope you give this next stage a try and that you stay aroing so we can go Dark Phoenix together :P
    I really don’t know. This stuff feels even more insignificant now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am glad to hear this, was worried for Scott for a little while there. :P In this case, lest get Scotty back to himself..
    No. He’s my baby. No one harms him.

    As I said, I like his brooding, too self-demanding self. Which makes him slightly miserable 70% of the time. It makes seeing his genuinely happy all the more rewarding. :)

    Besides, he’s my boy and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed and I still want to see that indepth talk with Jean about all these events,mostly because I love to read about characters having relationship problems and deal with them in a mature, in character way that helps us see them overcome crsisi and grow as characters, this is my Mj/Peter fan showing up again.

    I think even if both are great persons, they need to talk about this because those events were not insignificant, they mattered, they happened, they could happen again and they need to talk about it.
    Yes, of course.

    As much as they love each other, they had a lot to process there. But I don’t think we’ll even see this being addressed for the good of their relationship. It may appear only when they break them apart and it will be poorly handled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Brand is the main, only person to know about mysterium before they went looking for it, she grew up on space so she knows a lot about legends and stories there and I could see her seeing Krakoa´s mutants as an opportunity to finally make her vision a reality.
    Oh, come on, Lucy. The thing comes from the WHR. This doesn’t exist in “space”. Sorry, but I really can’t swallow this one: it’s way above Brand’s pay grade, in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I hope he´s, those two are such drama kings, I get a blast every time they interact or are on a panel together and it´s such a rare ocurrence that I always look forward to opportunities like this.
    Yeah, besides, they should show Exodus and Sinister a thing or two about capes and cape contests. Epaulettes are overrated. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Also I think he 100% expected Magneto to be the ruler for "Sol" that´s why he said "Show me your king" they have got a semi- friendly competence over who gets to rule over the world first since the 80´s, or at least Victor sees it that way, because Erik was like, yeah, sure I just want to be a good guy now and take care of my kids, while Victor was like, that will not last and you know it :P , so I could see him being mad Mags sucedenly decided to get off his deppression and actually conquer the solar system when he wasn´t looking. Doom would be like "¡that guy, the nerve of him!" :P
    - Doom: Ruler of Sol, you say? Hold my Latverian Ale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I honestly think he´s basing this concept on the whole "Trial by combat" from Dark Phoenix as well as that event in which cosmic empires decided to unilaterally convert earth into a jail for cosmic villains and he also said she had experience because she also was Genosha ambassador for a little while but there was not shown enough to know how she was at that given that happened for just one issue. Still, tecnically, she already was an ambassador on the MU.
    It still feels like such a stretch to me… But like I said: I don’t care about her to be too upset about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I didn´t watch daredevil but I know how that feels, I was furious as well for them cancelling "Wolverine and the X-men" I guess Disney is still a monopoly that doesn´t like to share and it shows.
    You mean the cartoon? I didn’t care about it anyway and I’m pretty sure I watched it after it had been cancelled already. But I might be wrong here.

    Anyway, I really did love DD’s series and they could have let Netflix keep developing it if they weren’t even going to use the character for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I used to think this made it more interesting because it would challenge Jean but Percy just wanted her to be there for Logan and it´s just dissapointing.
    Considering what he was planing for Hank to be doing, putting Jean there was not a good idea because for her to be well-written, she’d become the centre of the story and it would shift it from what people expect an X-Force book to be.

    This is not simply putting Jean out of her comfort zone. It’s way beyond that.

    But yeah, this consideration was not made because she wasn’t there to be her own character, she was there to act like a girlfriend who happens to be super powerful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed and I see this all the time on fan stories, I was just expecting proffesional work to do better on this front. To be fair, with some exception, I think Scott´s time as Leader #1 of X-men had interesting moments even if some writers went a little overboard on the fanboy side. My favorite writers of this era were Mike Carey and Kieron Gillen, I think they managed a good balance and introduced interesting new concepts, like the children of the vault.
    I think there were actually quite some good moments for him (big and small). And I agree about Carey and Gillen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    And this is why I think Krakoa has great potential but bad execution, this was the perfect time to show Kurt learning to understand the whole goverment bussines, including adding his own proposals to counteract those of Apocalypse or Sinister or the crucibel and even way of X ended with him, deciding to "judge others as part of the QC but he tecnically also should be a able to make proposals, it would be an interesting idea if the writers truly looked at the possibilities at their hands imo.
    Sure, I don’t like Krakoa as a concept, but if the characters were to be living there, they should at least be written well.

    But then again, if certain characters were written well, they wouldn’t be in Krakoa to begin with…. So…

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I think he liked it on a narrative sense because it felt on the grey zone but I didn´t like how passive it made look Scott and Kurt.
    I don’t actually care why Hickman thinks it’s so great. I didn’t like that issue because we didn’t see what was puzzling to me: what was behind the Crucible. Again: we just got the rationalization for it but, like everything else in Krakoa, it feels too convenient, too surreal, too soon.

    Anyway, I only mentioned this issue because Hickman started with this thing of calling Kurt a priest and his “priesthood” is at the centre of the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would not like to talk more about this, I already had my rants over other threats, so far from last issue I can only say I am happy Magneto and Lorna didn´t have much lines, or lines that would hurt their relationship further and that it hopefully will stay that way for the next two issues and I would not mind Magneto defending himself a little before it ends. I am just tired, I want this to end so I can forget about ToM.


    Yeah. That issue was painful. Even worse than I thought it would be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well inferno is supposed to give closure to the whole HoX/PoX story so I hope it does and that it leaves the franchise and Magneto on a good place narratively speaking.
    “It is supposed to be” is different than “it is”. My expectations are really low. But I hope our favourites don’t get thrown under the bus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Of course, still those discussions can get a little intense :P
    Definitely. That’s why I’d like to watch. From a safe distance.

    But I know it’s wrong to want it, because this is real life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •