Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They could go back to that everyone-has-powers planet from X-Factor. Scott's practically a messiah there after inspiring them to stand up to the Celestials (which was apparently what the Celestials wanted), and you just know that peace isn't going to just break out after a generations long war of annihilation, at least not easily.
    I love it!

That's it: when Hizashi and I infiltrate Marvel, we're taking you with us. Pick your disguise, s'il vous plaît! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think it's gonna take me a while to get accustomed to digital; growing up, I did all my drawing in spiral notebooks using Dixon Ticonderoga pencils and a slew of ballpoint pens. Once I started earning pocket money in middle-school, I bought the good stuff, Strathmore and Pigma Microns and mechanical pencils. I originally got my current touch-screen computer setup mostly because it was too good a deal to pass up. It just happened to come with smart pen support, and I can't remember what motivated me to purchase Clip Studio. I like the software, I just gotta get comfortable with digital drawing.
    Yeah. It does. I think most people get use to it not because they prefer it, but simply because it’s more practical and quick to work digitally.

I wouldn't drastically change Scott's powers in the main universe - I'd rather introduce a version of Scott that has this additional ability. For our Scott, I'd just give the strength of his blasts some more consistency, and I'd also make sure to present him as highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat. We've discussed that before, but his powers imply heightened spatial-awareness that should make him even more skilled in combat than he seems to be.
    Here’s a question: do you think Scott actually is the most powerful of the three brothers? Or his genetics just provides a more interesting match with Jean’s? Basically, what I’m asking is: why is Sinister so obsessed with Scott?

When we look at Alex and he appears to be stronger than Scott, I actually think it just proves the opposite: if he’s so strong and Sinister still chose Scott, it shows Scott just limits himself a lot, unlike Alex and Gabriel.

I don’t think anyone has seen Scott’s true potential.

As for his hand-to-hand combat, I think it’s shown by comparison, right? How many times he fought Logan?

In the next page, he stops the fight because he knows he can’t take them all at once and he’d checked what he wanted to check anyway. But the point is: in terms of proficiency, I’d say he’s at Logan’s level (maybe compensating less skill with more tactical thinking). The problem is that unless Scott cut Logan in half with his optic blast, Logan would win the fight just because Scott would tire way before he does. It’s how Logan wins against most of the martial artists of the MU, unless they manage to stop him first or if they have similar stamina.

By the way, CC makes it clear that Logan wasn't holding back here.

- Logan: You took a heckuva risk startin' this fracas, boss. At the end, I wasn't joshin'. I was in a killing mood, almost crazy-mad.

Thanks, I've definitely had to be in many cases, I've learned to roll with it.
    That’s real life judo for you. :)

I wish they had released collections of that show,

Personality tests are fine, but I tend not to take them as seriously as my friends do. Not that I think they're useless, but just like you said, they won't describe someone perfectly.
    Human beings are too complex for that. We’re the sum of our core characteristics, our experiences and what we learn from them. The maximum those archetypes can do is to identify some of those core characteristics, which is helpful, but certainly very limited.

My brother really worked with his dog, he definitely is full of energy but he won't just run around and make a mess of things.
    Most dogs can learn what they are allowed to do and what they're not. Energetic dogs tend to be more challenging if they’re not being properly exercised, but with patience and consistency they learn too. Like I said: a well-behaved bordercollie is something to brag about. :)

I think if I try moving it from where I've parked it, it's liable to split in two.
    Please, be careful, then. Don’t lean too much on it when you’re drawing.

How do you feel about the use of prose in comics? I think it tends not to work.
    What do you mean with “prose”? Prince Valiant style? Narration boxes for a third person narrator? Or even the data pages we have nowadays that sometimes actually have a part of the story narrated like a book?

That's funny, I might've been interested in seeing that, but New Mutants lost me a long time ago.
    Well… In New Mutants they’re not exactly dealing with the putrefaction aspect of the body farm, but just the fact there are dead bodies there… I’m trying not to spoil the story here, but if you’re curious and I can tell you more.

Perpetual loop!
    If it wasn’t so long, it could be my mutant codename! :P

I can't even begin to comprehend it. I've got enough trouble with my own.
    Comprehending and understanding are two different things anyway. If you understand that (most) women feel differently, think differently and that’s why they act differently, that’s enough. Women don’t do that to drive men crazy, they just are like that. :)

If all else fails, I'll just read.
    It’s never a bad thing if you have the time. :)

Let's give them a maxi-series, twelve issues is good.
    A whole year of romantic power-couple goodness? Sounds great to me. :)

They drank the kool-aid.

In all seriousness, I have a hard time accepting that this is Scott and Jean, considering they were grown out of plant pods. Marvel and their creatives can insist whatever they want, they haven't shown it.
    I agree.

Which is why I keep scrutinizing those comics looking for clues. I’ll go check on 3 character cases: Abigail Brand, Logan and Betsy Braddock. I have the feeling there’s something there about the change in their personal perspectives. But I’ll go back to the books before I say more. It’s just a feeling for now and I like to be based on what’s actually written, not my impressions.

Zing! haha, very true :p
    I’m included in the group, of course. So that’s in line with my self-depreciative brand of humour! :P

I tend to put my foot in my mouth if I don't take the time to consider my words, so I try to sit with my thoughts before replying.
    Cut from the same cloth, we are.

Don’t ask why the jelly decided to write this in Yoda-talk. I don't know. I just decided not to censor it. :P

Incredible Member

Yeah, I can appreciate your point of view on this. In fact, I think we agree more than we disagree.

There are things about this current era that don't work for me exactly because of that aversion to status quo or continuity or characterization.

Thing is, when is it good change vs bad change? It's in the eye of the beholder. I know the broad strokes of what is going on now. I've also read a bit of discussion on it. I've seen the X Men called mutant supremacists . I've seen them praised for finally doing what they should have done long ago. Without reading it, in theory, I'm all the way with your belief that the X Men strive for integration with humanity, not live apart from them.

I sure as hell don't think a poly relationship is in character for how I see Scott and Jean. The things I read about Beast make him sound like a bastard nowadays. Since the original 5 were always my favorites, I sure don't like that. Did I read that Xavier deliberately lied about bringing back Destiny just to get her to do his dirty work? I realize there has been at least a decent amount of each, but give me the kinder, gentler Xavier.

Like most stories, some people like it and some don't. Bottom line, sales. If sales dictate it, I'd imagine they'd continue in this direction. I remember hating Brian Bendis' AVENGERS and things like what he did to Wanda. However, sales exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They could go back to that everyone-has-powers planet from X-Factor. Scott's practically a messiah there after inspiring them to stand up to the Celestials (which was apparently what the Celestials wanted), and you just know that peace isn't going to just break out after a generations long war of annihilation, at least not easily.
    Sounds cool, which book is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I love it!

That's it: when Hizashi and I infiltrate Marvel, we're taking you with us. Pick your disguise, s'il vous plaît!
    The more the merrier!
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah. It does. I think most people get use to it not because they prefer it, but simply because it’s more practical and quick to work digitally.
    I prefer most physical things to their digital counterparts - I don't regularly read digital comics or books, I don't buy movies or games digitally, and even posting on this forum is one of the few times I use my computer. I don't doubt the efficiency of digital artwork though, if/once I get the hang of it my production speed will increase.

Here’s a question: do you think Scott actually is the most powerful of the three brothers? Or his genetics just provides a more interesting match with Jean’s? Basically, what I’m asking is: why is Sinister so obsessed with Scott?

When we look at Alex and he appears to be stronger than Scott, I actually think it just proves the opposite: if he’s so strong and Sinister still chose Scott, it shows Scott just limits himself a lot, unlike Alex and Gabriel.

I don’t think anyone has seen Scott’s true potential.

As for his hand-to-hand combat, I think it’s shown by comparison, right? How many times he fought Logan?

In the next page, he stops the fight because he knows he can’t take them all at once and he’d checked what he wanted to check anyway. But the point is: in terms of proficiency, I’d say he’s at Logan’s level (maybe compensating less skill with more tactical thinking). The problem is that unless Scott cut Logan in half with his optic blast, Logan would win the fight just because Scott would tire way before he does. It’s how Logan wins against most of the martial artists of the MU, unless they manage to stop him first or if they have similar stamina.

By the way, CC makes it clear that Logan wasn't holding back here.

- Logan: You took a heckuva risk startin' this fracas, boss. At the end, I wasn't joshin'. I was in a killing mood, almost crazy-mad.
    That's a great bit, the Proteus Saga right? I think I read some of that a long time ago, but I think most Cyke fans are well acquainted with that specific sequence. I think Scott was shown to be more competent back then, in that regard.

As for powerful, I guess that depends what we mean by that. I agree with you that Scott holds back, that's one of his key characteristics in pretty much every aspect, it wouldn't surprise me if he held back there too.

I headcanon that Scott's power boosts the abilities of his children, the tradeoff being that they tend to inherit their mother's powers. That, and Scott has a very unique perspective, I think that one is canon, and that possibly explains why telepaths are constantly in his orbit. Maybe those things motivate Sinister?

That’s real life judo for you.
    I'm a black belt - does judo have black belts?

Human beings are too complex for that. We’re the sum of our core characteristics, our experiences and what we learn from them. The maximum those archetypes can do is to identify some of those core characteristics, which is helpful, but certainly very limited.
    I guess it's at least more authoritative than astrology.

Most dogs can learn what they are allowed to do and what they're not. Energetic dogs tend to be more challenging if they’re not being properly exercised, but with patience and consistency they learn too. Like I said: a well-behaved bordercollie is something to brag about.
    I grew up around dogs with my siblings but I've never had one of my own, I don't know if I will ever get one.

Please, be careful, then. Don’t lean too much on it when you’re drawing.
    Oh yeah, no worries. It's more or less stable where it is.

What do you mean with “prose”? Prince Valiant style? Narration boxes for a third person narrator? Or even the data pages we have nowadays that sometimes actually have a part of the story narrated like a book?
    Any of those count to a degree, and the data pages are definitely the most egregious, but did you know that Morrison once wrote a Batman comic, Batman No 663 titled The Clown At Midnight that was entirely prose? There were pictures, sure, but it wasn't a comic book in the recognizable way you think of when you hear "comic book". I liked his Batman run, but didn't like that issue much when I read it.

Well… In New Mutants they’re not exactly dealing with the putrefaction aspect of the body farm, but just the fact there are dead bodies there… I’m trying not to spoil the story here, but if you’re curious and I can tell you more.
    Sure go ahead.

If it wasn’t so long, it could be my mutant codename!
    We'll think of something.

Comprehending and understanding are two different things anyway. If you understand that (most) women feel differently, think differently and that’s why they act differently, that’s enough. Women don’t do that to drive men crazy, they just are like that.
    I have learned that, at least with the women in my life, many times when they're describing problems they're dealing with, they just need me to hear them out. I'm a problem-solver though, so it's tough for me not to make suggestions.

It’s never a bad thing if you have the time.
    I've also started listening to audiobooks, when I'm at work and doing some low-focus stuff, like digging. I'm "rereading" Frankenstein for the millionth time.

A whole year of romantic power-couple goodness? Sounds great to me.
    They should adventure in practically every corner of the MU.

I agree.

Which is why I keep scrutinizing those comics looking for clues. I’ll go check on 3 character cases: Abigail Brand, Logan and Betsy Braddock. I have the feeling there’s something there about the change in their personal perspectives. But I’ll go back to the books before I say more. It’s just a feeling for now and I like to be based on what’s actually written, not my impressions.
    There's not enough good to outweigh even the odd or out-of-character stuff.

I’m included in the group, of course. So that’s in line with my self-depreciative brand of humour!
    As Marvel fans, if we don't laugh, we cry.

Cut from the same cloth, we are.

Don’t ask why the jelly decided to write this in Yoda-talk. I don't know. I just decided not to censor it.
    ha, I like Star Wars, although my favorite character is Luke, boring I know.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Thing is, when is it good change vs bad change? It's in the eye of the beholder. I know the broad strokes of what is going on now. I've also read a bit of discussion on it. I've seen the X Men called mutant supremacists . I've seen them praised for finally doing what they should have done long ago. Without reading it, in theory, I'm all the way with your belief that the X Men strive for integration with humanity, not live apart from them.

I sure as hell don't think a poly relationship is in character for how I see Scott and Jean. The things I read about Beast make him sound like a bastard nowadays. Since the original 5 were always my favorites, I sure don't like that. Did I read that Xavier deliberately lied about bringing back Destiny just to get her to do his dirty work? I realize there has been at least a decent amount of each, but give me the kinder, gentler Xavier.

Like most stories, some people like it and some don't. Bottom line, sales. If sales dictate it, I'd imagine they'd continue in this direction. I remember hating Brian Bendis' AVENGERS and things like what he did to Wanda. However, sales exploded.
    For my tastes, Krakoa goes too far and the X-Men shouldn't be associated so strongly with the nation, but this isn't the popular opinion on here. Integration is the way, I'm convinced of that.

The poly thing is 100% terrible, there's nothing positive about it, no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I also don't understand the fixation with making so many heroes unlikable jerks, to put it mildly - there's nothing transgressive or shocking or unique about it.

Bendis has lost almost all of his creative credibility, his Superman left a lot to be desired. I was shocked that the Rebirth Era of Superman was being shelved for Bendis of all people.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Sounds cool, which book is that?

The more the merrier!
    Conceptually, it’s an interesting story, but the execution is kinda meh… It happens in X-factor #43-46 and #48-50.

I prefer most physical things to their digital counterparts - I don't regularly read digital comics or books, I don't buy movies or games digitally, and even posting on this forum is one of the few times I use my computer. I don't doubt the efficiency of digital artwork though, if/once I get the hang of it my production speed will increase.
    I think most people, who are older than a certain age, feel the same way. The see the advantages of digital stuff, but the prefer the physical. They end up getting used to the digital because they have to.

That's a great bit, the Proteus Saga right?
    Yep.

I think I read some of that a long time ago, but I think most Cyke fans are well acquainted with that specific sequence. I think Scott was shown to be more competent back then, in that regard.
    The point is that it’s canon: he’s an amazing martial artist. The current writers just have to remember that. :)

As for powerful, I guess that depends what we mean by that. I agree with you that Scott holds back, that's one of his key characteristics in pretty much every aspect, it wouldn't surprise me if he held back there too.
    Exactly. It fits his personality in many ways, some of which are very admirable. :)

I headcanon that Scott's power boosts the abilities of his children, the tradeoff being that they tend to inherit their mother's powers.
    But why wouldn’t his brothers’ DNA do the same or more? It has to be more than that, no?

That, and Scott has a very unique perspective, I think that one is canon, and that possibly explains why telepaths are constantly in his orbit. Maybe those things motivate Sinister?
    Telepaths being constant on his orbit also have to do with the fact he was in a relationship with a powerful telepath already, right? Never underestimate the pack-mentality of people who live in a group where leadership and power are very explicit.

Scott and Jean are the alphas of the pack, due to their veteran status, power, leadership and the very fact they are together.

Now Sinister was motivated by genetics alone. He had the chance to keep Alex but he chose Scott, who was in a coma. So… it wasn’t because of his personality, it was really because of his genes.

I'm a black belt - does judo have black belts?
    Yes. I think it varies a bit, but the highest level is usually the red belt.

I guess it's at least more authoritative than astrology.
    I’d say it’s easier to believe it can actually get something right. Nuance, my friend. Nuance. :)

I grew up around dogs with my siblings but I've never had one of my own, I don't know if I will ever get one.
    I am totally biased, but I’d say if you ever have space, time and money (the vet bills get expensive as they age), do have a dog. They really are unconditional love and loyalty incarnate. :)

Oh yeah, no worries. It's more or less stable where it is.
    If that desk was mine, I’d probably be weirdly attached to it. :)

Any of those count to a degree, and the data pages are definitely the most egregious, but did you know that Morrison once wrote a Batman comic, Batman No 663 titled The Clown At Midnight that was entirely prose? There were pictures, sure, but it wasn't a comic book in the recognizable way you think of when you hear "comic book". I liked his Batman run, but didn't like that issue much when I read it.
    Last time I tried to read something from DC was about… 25 years ago? Something like that, I believe. So, I haven’t read that book.

Okay, so answering your question… I love the narration boxes, either from a first person narrator (one of the characters, protagonists or not) or a third person one (no matter if they’re strictly impartial or make comments on their own), if they’re not being used to explain bad action sequences, but to actually narrate something about the setting, the mood of the characters, etc…

I like the style of prose for Prince Valliant’s books, but I don’t think it works for super hero comic books. But maybe I’m just biased and it would only be a matter of adapting to it.

The current data pages for me are a love-hate relationship. They pluck me out of the art/fantasy of the story, which is something I really dislike. But some of them are really clever and interesting and they add info that could be hard to place in the comic book otherwise. Those I can, reluctantly, appreciate.

Now, I love books which have illustrations and I wish more of those were written nowadays for adults as well. But then it’s a book, right? It’s not a comic book. It’s not the same.

I think I mostly agree with you, though, and prose shouldn’t be too overwhelming on a comic book. Otherwise you’re losing one of the fun aspects of the medium, which is the mix of text and art.

Sure go ahead.
    ****spoilers****

So the young mutants were kind of being neglected in Krakoa and some were starting to fight and do some mischief. The New Mutants decide to bring that to the attention of the CQ and Charles was like (paraphrasing from a data page): “I’m glad you showed interest, I’m sure they’ll be fine in your capable hands”. I know. Who is that guy, right? But anyway, The New Mutants decided to try to guide those kids and they started to teach them how to use their powers in "synergy".

Meanwhile, some of the more angst kids befriended Farouk and he taught them how to transfer their minds to each other’s bodies (using a synergy with Martha’s - No Girl - power) . The thing is that the conscious swap was killing their bodies so they had to abort the experiment.

But the kids decide to experiment on their own. They use a synergy between Cosmar (who is a reality wrapper) and Martha’s power to try to transfer Rain Boy’s consciousness to a flower. They succeed, but it kills the flower. Then they have the idea to try and do that with the corpses in the body farm instead, to see if they can animate the body of a dead mutant.

We'll think of something.
    Self-kicker. It will be awesome when Warlock refers to me as “self-friend, Self-kicker”. :D

I have learned that, at least with the women in my life, many times when they're describing problems they're dealing with, they just need me to hear them out. I'm a problem-solver though, so it's tough for me not to make suggestions.
    Mmm... I think that’s not entirely true... They appreciate suggestions, but they don’t want you to suggest a different approach, even if they’re doing the most idiotic thing they could be doing. You’re supposed to either listen and agree or listen and help improve their course of action.

There’s a reason why I find it difficult to have female friends. :P

I've also started listening to audiobooks, when I'm at work and doing some low-focus stuff, like digging. I'm "rereading" Frankenstein for the millionth time.
    I’ve never tried an audiobook, but I read that it is a wonderful tool to learn new languages. I should give it a try.

But I’m impressed you can do both things. Most men are quite bad at multi-tasking.

They should adventure in practically every corner of the MU.
    And new corners of the MU! :)

There's not enough good to outweigh even the odd or out-of-character stuff.
    No, there isn’t.

Which is why I’m trying to find more evidence that there is something very weird going on. It’s really hard for me to just shrug it off and accept those changes without any reasonable explanation.

I need to check on those books and I’ll report back.

As Marvel fans, if we don't laugh, we cry.
    And then we laugh so we don’t cry some more. :P

ha, I like Star Wars, although my favorite character is Luke, boring I know.
    Mine too. Luke and Leia (‘cause I’m a girl and she’s a girl :P). I like the heroic types. They’re not boring to me at all. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-30-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Conceptually, it’s an interesting story, but the execution is kinda meh… It happens in X-factor #43-46 and #48-50.
    Okay, I'm a ways away from that story.

I think most people, who are older than a certain age, feel the same way. The see the advantages of digital stuff, but the prefer the physical. They end up getting used to the digital because they have to.
    It's definitely a preference with me. I think scale and space has to be the biggest advantages to digital.

Yep.

The point is that it’s canon: he’s an amazing martial artist. The current writers just have to remember that.
    Exactly, someone needs to remind them.

Exactly. It fits his personality in many ways, some of which are very admirable.
    How do you feel about Scott no longer needing his visor? He can of course still use it to modify the pattern of his optic blasts, etc. and for his costume, but would you like to see him gain full control?

But why wouldn’t his brothers’ DNA do the same or more? It has to be more than that, no?
    The question is explored in that second Cyclops and Phoenix series right? I mean, there definitely is more to it than that.

Telepaths being constant on his orbit also have to do with the fact he was in a relationship with a powerful telepath already, right? Never underestimate the pack-mentality of people who live in a group where leadership and power are very explicit.

Scott and Jean are the alphas of the pack, due to their veteran status, power, leadership and the very fact they are together.

Now Sinister was motivated by genetics alone. He had the chance to keep Alex but he chose Scott, who was in a coma. So… it wasn’t because of his personality, it was really because of his genes.
    Sinister sees Jean, an alpha telepath, choose Scott and wants to understand? I can accept that.

Sinister knew about Scott before Scott ever met him though, right? Because of time travel?

Yes. I think it varies a bit, but the highest level is usually the red belt.
    Ah, then that, red is pretty much my favorite color anyway.

I’d say it’s easier to believe it can actually get something right. Nuance, my friend. Nuance.
    Yeah, that's true. Don't get me wrong, astrology is perfectly harmless in my opinion.

I am totally biased, but I’d say if you ever have space, time and money (the vet bills get expensive as they age), do have a dog. They really are unconditional love and loyalty incarnate.
    I used to want a Shiba Inu, the ninja dog? Although these days I think it's more know for the Doge meme. Anyway, it's known to be a dog that enjoys being clean, so I'd appreciate that.

If that desk was mine, I’d probably be weirdly attached to it.
    I am, but it will be replaced soon.

Last time I tried to read something from DC was about… 25 years ago? Something like that, I believe. So, I haven’t read that book.

Okay, so answering your question… I love the narration boxes, either from a first person narrator (one of the characters, protagonists or not) or a third person one (no matter if they’re strictly impartial or make comments on their own), if they’re not being used to explain bad action sequences, but to actually narrate something about the setting, the mood of the characters, etc…

I like the style of prose for Prince Valliant’s books, but I don’t think it works for super hero comic books. But maybe I’m just biased and it would only be a matter of adapting to it.

The current data pages for me are a love-hate relationship. They pluck me out of the art/fantasy of the story, which is something I really dislike. But some of them are really clever and interesting and they add info that could be hard to place in the comic book otherwise. Those I can, reluctantly, appreciate.

Now, I love books which have illustrations and I wish more of those were written nowadays for adults as well. But then it’s a book, right? It’s not a comic book. It’s not the same.

I think I mostly agree with you, though, and prose shouldn’t be too overwhelming on a comic book. Otherwise you’re losing one of the fun aspects of the medium, which is the mix of text and art.
    Exactly. The data pages are largely annoyances to me, but yeah, some are clever.

I largely enjoyed Morrison's Batman, barring the occasional hiccup.

An exception to the prose approach, for me, is The History of the DC Universe, which I think works because it has a picture book quality and is a telling a history and not a story exactly.

****spoilers****

So the young mutants were kind of being neglected in Krakoa and some were starting to fight and do some mischief. The New Mutants decide to bring that to the attention of the CQ and Charles was like (paraphrasing from a data page): “I’m glad you showed interest, I’m sure they’ll be fine in your capable hands”. I know. Who is that guy, right? But anyway, The New Mutants decided to try to guide those kids and they started to teach them how to use their powers in "synergy".

Meanwhile, some of the more angst kids befriended Farouk and he taught them how to transfer their minds to each other’s bodies (using a synergy with Martha’s - No Girl - power) . The thing is that the conscious swap was killing their bodies so they had to abort the experiment.

But the kids decide to experiment on their own. They use a synergy between Cosmar (who is a reality wrapper) and Martha’s power to try to transfer Rain Boy’s consciousness to a flower. They succeed, but it kills the flower. Then they have the idea to try and do that with the corpses in the body farm instead, to see if they can animate the body of a dead mutant.
    Sounds like trouble. Farouk, the Shadow King? Huh.

Self-kicker. It will be awesome when Warlock refers to me as “self-friend, Self-kicker”.
    haha, it won't get confusing at all.

Mmm... I think that’s not entirely true... They appreciate suggestions, but they don’t want you to suggest a different approach, even if they’re doing the most idiotic thing they could be doing. You’re supposed to either listen and agree or listen and help improve their course of action.

There’s a reason why I find it difficult to have female friends.
    ah, that sounds pretty accurate to my experience.

I’ve never tried an audiobook, but I read that it is a wonderful tool to learn new languages. I should give it a try.

But I’m impressed you can do both things. Most men are quite bad at multi-tasking.
    Even as a kid, I knew learning how to multi-task would be a valuable skill. And I won't listen to anything if I'm doing delicate work that involves actually wiring anything more complicated than a light fixture or a plug.

Audiobooks are neat, especially when they're read by people I like (Stephen Fry, David Tennent, Dan Stevens, etc). Some even have full casts and are presented like radio dramas.

And new corners of the MU!
    Cosmic adventures?

No, there isn’t.

Which is why I’m trying to find more evidence that there is something very weird going on. It’s really hard for me to just shrug it off and accept those changes without any reasonable explanation.

I need to check on those books and I’ll report back.
    We're two years in now, aren't we? They sure are taking their time.

And then we laugh so we don’t cry some more.
    It's a vicious cycle, lol

Mine too. Luke and Leia (‘cause I’m a girl and she’s a girl :P). I like the heroic types. They’re not boring to me at all.
    The green saber and black outfit in RotJ was great, but I think Empire is still my favorite film of the series and it's my favorite part of Luke's journey.

Do you think Scott and Jean are Star Wars or Star Trek fans?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Okay, I'm a ways away from that story.
    Funny those coincidences… Gray mentioned that story, but the very last issue of the arc actually ties to an aspect of the conversation you and I are having in private.

It's definitely a preference with me. I think scale and space has to be the biggest advantages to digital.
    Saving, loading, Ctrl+z, rescaling, copying, pasting and mirroring, layers, not getting your hands dirty… the list goes on. :)

That being said, I also love the physical media.

Exactly, someone needs to remind them.
    Another job for Gator-Raid and Bucket-Master. We should make a list. :)

How do you feel about Scott no longer needing his visor? He can of course still use it to modify the pattern of his optic blasts, etc. and for his costume, but would you like to see him gain full control?
    I love the idea that his power is just unstoppable. I have no need for it to be explained as either a physical or psychological trauma. It’s just the nature of his mutation.

I like that it means he’s too ridiculously powerful to contain his own power. I also particularly like it because he is Scott and he’s a control freak. It makes him so deliciously paradoxical. :)

Also, it does support how his DNA with Jean’s are a match made in heaven. My headcannon is pretty similar to yours, actually.

The question is explored in that second Cyclops and Phoenix series right? I mean, there definitely is more to it than that.
    Is it? You mean The Further Adventures?

Sinister sees Jean, an alpha telepath, choose Scott and wants to understand? I can accept that.
    No. I meant Emma and Betsy/Kwanon/Revanche/whoever-that-was.

Sinister and Charles just happen to be telepaths. Sinister was interested in his DNA. Charles was trying to recruit any mutant he found.

Sinister knew about Scott before Scott ever met him though, right? Because of time travel?
    Yes and no? I don’t think he could recognize him at first.

Was it ever said that he did and I completely forgot about it?

While he was still Essex, he met adult Scott. Would he even remember his face, let alone be able to recognize him again when he met him as a child? Wouldn’t it make more sense that he assumed Scott was a descendant of that man?

Ah, then that, red is pretty much my favorite color anyway.
    It varies from country to country. In some countries, it stops at the black belt. I think that’s why the Olympean judokas wear black belts.

Yeah, that's true. Don't get me wrong, astrology is perfectly harmless in my opinion.
    Well… depends. If a person takes it too seriously it can be harmful.

Before I was 15, I used to get upset when people would mention it because the idea was too absurd to even entertain. Then one day a friend said: “most of my friends tend to have certain signs”. It made me think about it and I realised it was also true for me. So, I put aside my annoyance and I started to try to learn a bit more about it. And I don’t know if it works or not, but I became more tolerant. For instance, every time my mother changes her opinion and insists she never had a different one, I just take a deep breath and tell myself: “She’s a Gemini. Just drop it”. Or I tease her about it. :D

I used to want a Shiba Inu, the ninja dog? Although these days I think it's more know for the Doge meme. Anyway, it's known to be a dog that enjoys being clean, so I'd appreciate that.
    If you brush your dog regularly to remove dead hair and you shower them every 15-30 days, they don’t really stink. Especially if you teach them as a puppy to let you brush their teeth.

I didn’t know the Shiba Inu liked being clean. The breed never attracted me much because, for what I heard, it has one of the most cat-like personalities. :)

I like the working breeds. They’re more challenging, but I love their personalities. :)

I am, but it will be replaced soon.
    When it’s time, it’s time. Give it a viking funeral. :P

Exactly. The data pages are largely annoyances to me, but yeah, some are clever.
    Don’t get me wrong. I’d still prefer if they didn’t exist. But between not existing and not getting certain information, I prefer getting the information. Some of those, though, are just annoying. They don’t really add much, but they break the immersion.

I largely enjoyed Morrison's Batman, barring the occasional hiccup.

An exception to the prose approach, for me, is The History of the DC Universe, which I think works because it has a picture book quality and is a telling a history and not a story exactly.
    That makes sense. Then the images are illustrative, not part of the narrative?

Sounds like trouble. Farouk, the Shadow King? Huh.
    Farouk is known as the Shadow King, but the Shadow King is actually an entity, right?

But, yeah, it’s that guy.

haha, it won't get confusing at all.
    I'd have so much fun talking to Warlock! :D

ah, that sounds pretty accurate to my experience.
    From my experience, I’d say that, in most cases, it’s best to just listen.

Even as a kid, I knew learning how to multi-task would be a valuable skill. And I won't listen to anything if I'm doing delicate work that involves actually wiring anything more complicated than a light fixture or a plug.
    If I really like a song, it doesn’t matter in what language it’s sung: it will distract me. If it’s a menial job, it doesn’t matter, though. And I actually feel energised when I’m listening to music while busy with the task.

If I’m writing in English, I can’t hear a song in English. But if I’m writing on another language, it doesn't bother me (as long as I don’t love the song). Weird, right? :D

Audiobooks are neat, especially when they're read by people I like (Stephen Fry, David Tennent, Dan Stevens, etc). Some even have full casts and are presented like radio dramas.
    It’s definitely something that I have to try. Though, I do like imagining the voices of the characters. :)

Cosmic adventures?
    Why not? Can you think of a better couple? Scott’s father is an actual space pirate and Jean is the main host of a cosmic force. :D

But it can also be different time periods, time lines, pocket realities, alternative dimensions, etc…

We're two years in now, aren't we? They sure are taking their time.
    Gotta milk that cow.

So, I looked at those characters and it’s inconclusive, actually. You could explain the changes by story itself. I think Logan might actually be the most compelling case, followed by Brand. Betsy and Wisdom are much tougher cases to make.

Logan goes from not trusting Krakoa, to being cool/attached to it, to possibly starting to see the problems. I could mean he was being affected by the weird influence of the place or it was just a natural progression from being naturally suspicious to wanting to belong to not refusing to see some uncomfortable truths.

What do you think?

The green saber and black outfit in RotJ was great, but I think Empire is still my favorite film of the series and it's my favorite part of Luke's journey.
    I agree. Isn’t that everyone’s favourite film of the franchise?

Do you think Scott and Jean are Star Wars or Star Trek fans?
    Definitely Star Trek. But I don’t think they’re snobbish enough to refuse to watch Star Wars. At least the original trilogy, that is. :)

Also, the jelly couldn’t resist imagining their watching Their Next Generation for the first time and seeing Picard, both of them tilting their heads to the left and saying in a synchronised way:

“Does he remind you--? Yes.”
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-31-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Incredible Member

For my tastes, Krakoa goes too far and the X-Men shouldn't be associated so strongly with the nation, but this isn't the popular opinion on here. Integration is the way, I'm convinced of that.

The poly thing is 100% terrible, there's nothing positive about it, no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I also don't understand the fixation with making so many heroes unlikable jerks, to put it mildly - there's nothing transgressive or shocking or unique about it.

Bendis has lost almost all of his creative credibility, his Superman left a lot to be desired. I was shocked that the Rebirth Era of Superman was being shelved for Bendis of all people.

Even with the poly thing, I remember seeing posters who liked it. It's 2020 or 2021, sort of get with the times. Or people who think there has always been this Jean/Scott/Logan triangle and this way i serves both sides. People who like Scott/Emma and wanted that to continue in some form.

Not sure what threads I saw this stuff. Very unlikely here. I remember seeing a poly thread, but I never looked at it. Maybe in Jean or Scott's individual threads? Maybe I glanced at an issue thread.
    I know I saw them because I just shook my head. But whatever floats your boat. It's not like I don't think it wouldn't work anywhere. I would adamantly opposed with JOTT because it didn't fit the couple or characters as I view them.

Whatever you think of Bendis, they keep giving him major characters to write. Most of it I haven't read. I did read a lot of his ULTIMATE SPIDER MAN and it was okay. His early AVENGERS I hated and stopped reading. Hard to have rally strong opinions without reading his other stuff, but I still could sometimes. I wouldn't need to read it to know how I'd feel if he had Clark cheat on Lois or have Superman snap Zod's neck like Snyder did.

While I may not read his stuff, I do see the assignments he keeps getting, DC and MARVEL. It's like he decides he wants to write x character and they give him a chance. Give the devil his due, he sells, or used to. Again, I hated his AVENGERS deconstruction and sales exploded. Something like that was easier for me, though. I was an on and off AVENGERS reader. It was X MEN, FF and SPIDER MAN. Those were the titles I always got, year in and year out.

As far as jerks go, I used to say this all the team. They are called superHERO comics. Doesn't mea you can't have some heroes who can be jerks, instigators. However, there are a bunch of more traditional characters that I don't want to see act that way. Wolverine being a jerk is one thing, Captain America is another. You want a Captain America is a jerk or morally flawed, do what they did 30 years ago, create John Walker.

Funny those coincidences… Gray mentioned that story, but the very last issue of the arc actually ties to an aspect of the conversation you and I are having in private.
    Haha, we're all on a similar wavelength.

Saving, loading, Ctrl+z, rescaling, copying, pasting and mirroring, layers, not getting your hands dirty… the list goes on.

That being said, I also love the physical media.
    I think even if I get skilled at digital work, I'll still prefer physical media.

Another job for Gator-Raid and Bucket-Master. We should make a list.
    We'll be making that list all day.

I love the idea that his power is just unstoppable. I have no need for it to be explained as either a physical or psychological trauma. It’s just the nature of his mutation.

I like that it means he’s too ridiculously powerful to contain his own power. I also particularly like it because he is Scott and he’s a control freak. It makes him so deliciously paradoxical.

Also, it does support how his DNA with Jean’s are a match made in heaven. My headcannon is pretty similar to yours, actually.
    That's an interesting take, I don't think I've heard it before. I do subscribe to the idea that the best characters have one or two contradictions/paradoxes.

Is it? You mean The Further Adventures?
    I thought so at least.

No. I meant Emma and Betsy/Kwanon/Revanche/whoever-that-was.

Sinister and Charles just happen to be telepaths. Sinister was interested in his DNA. Charles was trying to recruit any mutant he found.
    Ah okay, I misunderstood.

Yes and no? I don’t think he could recognize him at first.

Was it ever said that he did and I completely forgot about it?

While he was still Essex, he met adult Scott. Would he even remember his face, let alone be able to recognize him again when he met him as a child? Wouldn’t it make more sense that he assumed Scott was a descendant of that man?
    I guess that would make more sense, although it would be interesting to see Sinister make the connection eventually.

It varies from country to country. In some countries, it stops at the black belt. I think that’s why the Olympean judokas wear black belts.
    My brothers and I all went through our kung fu phase, all thanks to Jackie Chan. We didn't know the difference between judo or karate or what-have-you, it was all kung fu to us.

Well… depends. If a person takes it too seriously it can be harmful.

Before I was 15, I used to get upset when people would mention it because the idea was too absurd to even entertain. Then one day a friend said: “most of my friends tend to have certain signs”. It made me think about it and I realised it was also true for me. So, I put aside my annoyance and I started to try to learn a bit more about it. And I don’t know if it works or not, but I became more tolerant. For instance, every time my mother changes her opinion and insists she never had a different one, I just take a deep breath and tell myself: “She’s a Gemini. Just drop it”. Or I tease her about it.
    Haha, that's a good approach you have! My mom likes those sorts of things too, I don't mind.

If you brush your dog regularly to remove dead hair and you shower them every 15-30 days, they don’t really stink. Especially if you teach them as a puppy to let you brush their teeth.

I didn’t know the Shiba Inu liked being clean. The breed never attracted me much because, for what I heard, it has one of the most cat-like personalities.

I like the working breeds. They’re more challenging, but I love their personalities.
    Maybe cat-like is a good way of describing them, I just like how they look and any help keeping them clean is appreciated. The Shiba Inu are supposedly simple to break-in.

When it’s time, it’s time. Give it a viking funeral.
    Viking funeral, I like that. I'll need some permits.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d still prefer if they didn’t exist. But between not existing and not getting certain information, I prefer getting the information. Some of those, though, are just annoying. They don’t really add much, but they break the immersion.
    Breaking immersion is one of the cardinal sins of comics in my opinion.

That makes sense. Then the images are illustrative, not part of the narrative?
    They depict what's described, that's as far as they relate to the "narrative". The approach works for me in this case.

Farouk is known as the Shadow King, but the Shadow King is actually an entity, right?

But, yeah, it’s that guy.
    Oh, right. That guy.

I'd have so much fun talking to Warlock!
    Two peas in a pod.

From my experience, I’d say that, in most cases, it’s best to just listen.
    Good advice.

If I really like a song, it doesn’t matter in what language it’s sung: it will distract me. If it’s a menial job, it doesn’t matter, though. And I actually feel energised when I’m listening to music while busy with the task.

If I’m writing in English, I can’t hear a song in English. But if I’m writing on another language, it doesn't bother me (as long as I don’t love the song). Weird, right?
    For me, it's not a distraction exactly, but the possibility of it. Of course, music isn't as distracting to me as podcasts or audiobooks.

The language thing makes sense to me. Do you dream in other languages? I do, occasionally.

It’s definitely something that I have to try. Though, I do like imagining the voices of the characters.
    Yeah, as with any performance (because that's what it is really), it could ruin a character if done badly; I also like imagining the voices.

Why not? Can you think of a better couple? Scott’s father is an actual space pirate and Jean is the main host of a cosmic force.

But it can also be different time periods, time lines, pocket realities, alternative dimensions, etc…
    Scott and Jean meet Doctor Who? I'm in!

Gotta milk that cow.

So, I looked at those characters and it’s inconclusive, actually. You could explain the changes by story itself. I think Logan might actually be the most compelling case, followed by Brand. Betsy and Wisdom are much tougher cases to make.

Logan goes from not trusting Krakoa, to being cool/attached to it, to possibly starting to see the problems. I could mean he was being affected by the weird influence of the place or it was just a natural progression from being naturally suspicious to wanting to belong to not refusing to see some uncomfortable truths.

What do you think?
    I'm not sure what they're trying to go for? I don't know, I want some conclusive information.

I agree. Isn’t that everyone’s favourite film of the franchise?
    It's the best. I just love the conclusion, and I'm a sucker for underdog heroes.

Definitely Star Trek. But I don’t think they’re snobbish enough to refuse to watch Star Wars. At least the original trilogy, that is.

Also, the jelly couldn’t resist imagining their watching Their Next Generation for the first time and seeing Picard, both of them tilting their heads to the left and saying in a synchronised way:

“Does he remind you--? Yes.”
    I've only watched a few episodes of the original series, a few episodes of TNG, and a few of the old films. Star Trek is perfectly fine, I was just more a Star Wars guy growing up.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Even with the poly thing, I remember seeing posters who liked it. It's 2020 or 2021, sort of get with the times. Or people who think there has always been this Jean/Scott/Logan triangle and this way i serves both sides. People who like Scott/Emma and wanted that to continue in some form.

Not sure what threads I saw this stuff. Very unlikely here. I remember seeing a poly thread, but I never looked at it. Maybe in Jean or Scott's individual threads? Maybe I glanced at an issue thread.
    I know I saw them because I just shook my head. But whatever floats your boat. It's not like I don't think it wouldn't work anywhere. I would adamantly opposed with JOTT because it didn't fit the couple or characters as I view them.

Whatever you think of Bendis, they keep giving him major characters to write. Most of it I haven't read. I did read a lot of his ULTIMATE SPIDER MAN and it was okay. His early AVENGERS I hated and stopped reading. Hard to have rally strong opinions without reading his other stuff, but I still could sometimes. I wouldn't need to read it to know how I'd feel if he had Clark cheat on Lois or have Superman snap Zod's neck like Snyder did.

While I may not read his stuff, I do see the assignments he keeps getting, DC and MARVEL. It's like he decides he wants to write x character and they give him a chance. Give the devil his due, he sells, or used to. Again, I hated his AVENGERS deconstruction and sales exploded. Something like that was easier for me, though. I was an on and off AVENGERS reader. It was X MEN, FF and SPIDER MAN. Those were the titles I always got, year in and year out.

As far as jerks go, I used to say this all the team. They are called superHERO comics. Doesn't mea you can't have some heroes who can be jerks, instigators. However, there are a bunch of more traditional characters that I don't want to see act that way. Wolverine being a jerk is one thing, Captain America is another. You want a Captain America is a jerk or morally flawed, do what they did 30 years ago, create John Walker.
    It really is that they're using Jott for it that makes it something I can't accept.

Bendis peaked a long time ago, he was being treated like Jack Kirby or John Byrne making their way to DC.

Pretty much everything that could be considered subversive or shocking these days is played out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Haha, we're all on a similar wavelength.
    Yep! Shame Gray’s phone and the forums are fighting with each other.

I think even if I get skilled at digital work, I'll still prefer physical media.
    My experience is that, while you do prefer the physical media, you get annoyed with the lack of the conveniences. That ctrl+z thing is so awesome! :D

We'll be making that list all day.
    Considering my alter-ego, I thought about making a joke about a Bucket-List… But I realised it wouldn’t be a lively joke. :D

At this point, it's probably too much even for my dark humour verve.

That's an interesting take, I don't think I've heard it before. I do subscribe to the idea that the best characters have one or two contradictions/paradoxes.
    And if you think about how controlled and repressed the original Mr. Summers is… oh, it’s too yummy that his power is just, naturally, unstoppable.

He still controls it, of course. He actually has a ridiculous amount of control over it. He just can’t turn it off.

I thought so at least.
    I re-read it again somewhat recently and I don’t remember Alex even being mentioned in The Further Adventures, let alone Adam-X who is only half-human (or Gabriel, who hadn’t been created yet).

Ah okay, I misunderstood.
    I take full responsibility. I hadn’t originally even think of Sinister or Charles exactly because their original interest in Scott has nothing to do with their own abilities or Scott’s personality.

I guess that would make more sense, although it would be interesting to see Sinister make the connection eventually.
    He probably did, once he saw the X-Men. As Scott and Jean became adults and a couple, he might have considered they could have time-travelled. I’m not sure if he was ever able to confirm it, though.

My brothers and I all went through our kung fu phase, all thanks to Jackie Chan. We didn't know the difference between judo or karate or what-have-you, it was all kung fu to us.
    I’m older. Growing up, karate was all the rage because of the Karate Kid film. My cousins had Karate classes, but my brother and I had judo.

Haha, that's a good approach you have! My mom likes those sorts of things too, I don't mind.
    I used to get really upset when people mentioned it, but now it’s another thing to joke about and I embrace it. :)

Maybe cat-like is a good way of describing them, I just like how they look and any help keeping them clean is appreciated. The Shiba Inu are supposedly simple to break-in.
    Most dogs are, actually. Males can be annoying with the peeing because of their tendency to want to mark territory.

Viking funeral, I like that. I'll need some permits.
    It deserves it. It lived and it will die like a warrior! :D

Breaking immersion is one of the cardinal sins of comics in my opinion.
    And video games! :)

They depict what's described, that's as far as they relate to the "narrative". The approach works for me in this case.
    I can imagine it.

Two peas in a pod.
    Except he’s an innocent soul and I’m… not! :D

For me, it's not a distraction exactly, but the possibility of it. Of course, music isn't as distracting to me as podcasts or audiobooks.
    Pretty much every DIY thing I did in this house before we moved in (like painting the walls), it did it with the radio on. It makes me feel less bored and it’s always an excuse to stop and dance a little if it’s a song that has a nice beat to it. :D

In The Sims terms, it helps my fun bar depletes slower. :D

The language thing makes sense to me. Do you dream in other languages? I do, occasionally.
    Me too. :)

Yeah, as with any performance (because that's what it is really), it could ruin a character if done badly; I also like imagining the voices.
    Scott worked in a radio. He has an awesome voice. Jean’s voice is sweet and a little raspy. The other day I found how I imagine she sounds and laughs (so I can show to friends). In my headcannon, Jean, being a passionate creature that she is, laughs with her whole body. But how do you do so when you’re naturally classy?

The actress' voice is actually really good too. I’ll share another video next time, where she is speaking on a more serious tone.

Scott and Jean meet Doctor Who? I'm in!
    Oh! I hadn’t thought of it! This would melt my nerd brain! Take my money already! :D

I'm not sure what they're trying to go for? I don't know, I want some conclusive information.
    I don’t know… Hickman wrote Rahne blissfully happy when she was resurrected, but she’s in kind of a dark place now. I could attribute that to different writers, so I went to check on the characters who were written by the same writer. There is some change in attitude but it’s indeed not conclusive for now. You can explain that as a natural progression of their perspectives because of the story.

Still, when you consider everything else that is weird about Krakoa, it adds a bit to the weirdness of that place.

It's the best. I just love the conclusion, and I'm a sucker for underdog heroes.
    Me too. But actually, as long as they’re heroic and tridimensional, I’m a sucker for heroes in general. :)

I've only watched a few episodes of the original series, a few episodes of TNG, and a few of the old films. Star Trek is perfectly fine, I was just more a Star Wars guy growing up.
    I think Star Wars is much more appealing for kids because it’s not science fiction at all: it’s a space adventure/opera.

That’s why I don’t really even get the comparison: they happen in space. It’s the only thing in common. You can enjoy both of them without having to choose which is one objectively better. That’s what I do. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-04-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Yep! Shame Gray’s phone and the forums are fighting with each other.
    The forums can be finicky.

My experience is that, while you do prefer the physical media, you get annoyed with the lack of the conveniences. That ctrl+z thing is so awesome!
    Oh yeah, no denying that.

Considering my alter-ego, I thought about making a joke about a Bucket-List… But I realised it wouldn’t be a lively joke.

At this point, it's probably too much even for my dark humour verve.
    Oh, haha, that's still pretty funny, but I get what you mean.

And if you think about how controlled and repressed the original Mr. Summers is… oh, it’s too yummy that his power is just, naturally, unstoppable.

He still controls it, of course. He actually has a ridiculous amount of control over it. He just can’t turn it off.
    He exerts control however he can over his uncontrollable power.

I re-read it again somewhat recently and I don’t remember Alex even being mentioned in The Further Adventures, let alone Adam-X who is only half-human (or Gabriel, who hadn’t been created yet).
    I have the trade, but I don't think I've read it. It's one of many books in the ever-growing mountain of TO BE READ.

I take full responsibility. I hadn’t originally even think of Sinister or Charles exactly because their original interest in Scott has nothing to do with their own abilities or Scott’s personality.
    I guess I was just thinking about it in a general sense.

He probably did, once he saw the X-Men. As Scott and Jean became adults and a couple, he might have considered they could have time-travelled. I’m not sure if he was ever able to confirm it, though.
    Probably not confirm it, but I wonder if that only increased his interest? That reminds me that he used to scare me when I originally watched the X-Men Animated Series as a kid.

I’m older. Growing up, karate was all the rage because of the Karate Kid film. My cousins had Karate classes, but my brother and I had judo.
    Oh yeah, the Karate Kid is a good one too. There's a sequel show, but I haven't watched it yet.

My dad and my brothers and I loved watching Jackie Chan movies together, that definitely helped me appreciate them more. It also goes to show that excellent entertainment has no barriers, my dad can barely speak English let alone Cantonese but that didn't stop him from enjoying them. Personal favorites include Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story, Drunken Master, and Wheels on Meals.

What genres do you suppose Scott and Jean prefer?

I used to get really upset when people mentioned it, but now it’s another thing to joke about and I embrace it.
    Excellent strategy, especially because I'm sure it's in good fun.

Most dogs are, actually. Males can be annoying with the peeing because of their tendency to want to mark territory.
    I'm no germ-a-phobe, but I'm close. I don't like picking up after others but I dislike mess even more.

It deserves it. It lived and it will die like a warrior!
    It served admirably. We salute you!

And video games!

I can imagine it.
    Oh yeah, videogames too. I prefer role-playing and strategy games, but action-adventure is good too.

Except he’s an innocent soul and I’m… not!
    Who is? I mean, aren't we comics readers degenerates?

Pretty much every DIY thing I did in this house before we moved in (like painting the walls), it did it with the radio on. It makes me feel less bored and it’s always an excuse to stop and dance a little if it’s a song that has a nice beat to it.

In The Sims terms, it helps my fun bar depletes slower.
    I can relate - I can't imagine what life would be like deprived of music. Of most art actually.

Me too.
    It's neat. What's more neat, I can't lucid dream, but occasionally I become aware that I'm dreaming.

Scott worked in a radio. He has an awesome voice. Jean’s voice is sweet and a little raspy. The other day I found how I imagine she sounds and laughs (so I can show to friends). In my headcannon, Jean, being a passionate creature that she is, laughs with her whole body. But how do you do so when you’re naturally classy?

The actress' voice is actually really good too. I’ll share another video next time, where she is speaking on a more serious tone.
    I can't really place a voice or face from actors/actresses that I know for Scott or Jean. I've had cast ideas before, but they're never definitive for me.

Oh! I hadn’t thought of it! This would melt my nerd brain! Take my money already!
    I'd love to see it, but if not at least letting Scott and Jean have adventures in the Doctor Who style would be good too. Now, which Doctor? Four? Five? Ten?

I don’t know… Hickman wrote Rahne blissfully happy when she was resurrected, but she’s in kind of a dark place now. I could attribute that to different writers, so I went to check on the characters who were written by the same writer. There is some change in attitude but it’s indeed not conclusive for now. You can explain that as a natural progression of their perspectives because of the story.

Still, when you consider everything else that is weird about Krakoa, it adds a bit to the weirdness of that place.
    It needs to be tighter, I think.

Me too. But actually, as long as they’re heroic and tridimensional, I’m a sucker for heroes in general.
    Oh yeah, just underdogs really get me. Same as stories about brotherhood - they just draw me in.

I think Star Wars is much more appealing for kids because it’s not science fiction at all: it’s a space adventure/opera.

That’s why I don’t really even get the comparison: they happen in space. It’s the only thing in common. You can enjoy both of them without having to choose which is one objectively better. That’s what I do.
    Absolutely, it was so easy to enjoy Star Wars.

I'll have to go back and watch TNG eventually.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The forums can be finicky.

Oh yeah, no denying that.

Oh, haha, that's still pretty funny, but I get what you mean.

He exerts control however he can over his uncontrollable power.

I have the trade, but I don't think I've read it. It's one of many books in the ever-growing mountain of TO BE READ.

I guess I was just thinking about it in a general sense.

Probably not confirm it, but I wonder if that only increased his interest? That reminds me that he used to scare me when I originally watched the X-Men Animated Series as a kid.

Oh yeah, the Karate Kid is a good one too. There's a sequel show, but I haven't watched it yet.

My dad and my brothers and I loved watching Jackie Chan movies together, that definitely helped me appreciate them more. It also goes to show that excellent entertainment has no barriers, my dad can barely speak English let alone Cantonese but that didn't stop him from enjoying them. Personal favorites include Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story, Drunken Master, and Wheels on Meals.

What genres do you suppose Scott and Jean prefer?

Excellent strategy, especially because I'm sure it's in good fun.

I'm no germ-a-phobe, but I'm close. I don't like picking up after others but I dislike mess even more.

It served admirably. We salute you!

Oh yeah, videogames too. I prefer role-playing and strategy games, but action-adventure is good too.

Who is? I mean, aren't we comics readers degenerates?

I can relate - I can't imagine what life would be like deprived of music. Of most art actually.

It's neat. What's more neat, I can't lucid dream, but occasionally I become aware that I'm dreaming.

I can't really place a voice or face from actors/actresses that I know for Scott or Jean. I've had cast ideas before, but they're never definitive for me.

I'd love to see it, but if not at least letting Scott and Jean have adventures in the Doctor Who style would be good too. Now, which Doctor? Four? Five? Ten?

It needs to be tighter, I think.

Oh yeah, just underdogs really get me. Same as stories about brotherhood - they just draw me in.

Absolutely, it was so easy to enjoy Star Wars.

I'll have to go back and watch TNG eventually.
    Don't forget Doctor number 3. That's where the Master first shows up, and if Scott needs one thing outside of consistent characterization, it's a personal nemesis on his own level, that he can defeat without needing the X-Men to do anything outside of running interference on the guy's minions.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 08-04-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.