Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Krakoa's importance expounded on and explained PERFECTLY.

All panels from District X (2006).
    This is why anti-krakoa posts never will hit any valid point. It gives all lives matter when anything BLM is said. Reality is before krakoa mutants were not prioritized like regular humans

As a black trans girl the guy tweeting laid everything out so simply. Mutants who aren't all powerful exist and im sure they RAN to Krakoa. I know id go running if there was a place my ppl didnt have to worry about police brutality, systemic racism and etc etc.

Krakoa isnt perfect but thats fine neither are the other nations in the MU. PLUS it makes for juicy storytelling. Anyone saying that the mutants are selfish for prioritizing their own FINALLY are out of touch, sorry not sorry.

Like people would rather have the old back because "the xmen stood for everyone! Even while their own were suffering and all that...but they were my heroes!" And thats weird lol.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-22-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Man, I need to reread this series. I didn't like that Bishop got relatively little screentime next to the cop character, but there was still some good stuff in there.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-23-2021 at 01:21 AM.

Trust me they know.

They just want the mutants to go back to just being humans who have superpowers and don't deal with the mutant metaphor despite decades of them being just that. I mean you should see some of the mental gymnastic they take when talking about current era mutants

This thread should be pinned. I get so tired of seeing the all lives matter crowd calling Krakoa a cult or Satanic worshippers (yeah, i don't know either).
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Trust me they know.

They just want the mutants to go back to just being humans who have superpowers and don't deal with the mutant metaphor despite decades of them being just that. I mean you should see some of the mental gymnastic they take when talking about current era mutants
    They haven’t been that since before Claremont. I know of literally nobody who has asked to return to the halcyon days of Stan Lee X-men.

Marvel could just have created Krakoa without mass murdering supervillains, without the Crucible and without Beast committing genocide and being unrepentant about it, and nobody would have complained.

If they included those stuff it is because they wanted Krakoa to be controversial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Marvel could just have created Krakoa without mass murdering supervillains, without the Crucible and without Beast committing genocide and being unrepentant about it, and nobody would have complained.

If they included those stuff it is because they wanted Krakoa to be controversial.
    I mean, at the end of the day it's a comic book, which need drama and stories, and thus conflict.
    Removing those aspects of Krakoa and we might as well play some simulation video games about building prosperous society/community.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, at the end of the day it's a comic book, which need drama and stories, and thus conflict.
    Removing those aspects of Krakoa and we might as well play some simulation video games about building prosperous society/community.
    Or they could have them fight credible threats. Until now the enemies of Krakoa are annoyances at worst.

I would have Apocalypse trying to conquer Krakoa rather than have him beating children to death in the Crucible.

All of that is irrelevant, i already stated Krakoa wasn't perfect and absolutely doesnt need to be. Perfect doesnt produce interesting stories.

This thread is about Krakoa and by extension, Arrako and their importance to everyday mutants.

Anyways:

Would love a 'coming to Krakoa' type series that shows everyday mutants journeys.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-23-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, they can always go for the Star Trek route of mainly relying on outer conflict instead of an inner one.
    But yeah, a fictional state/civilization with both are probably better for franchise longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, they can always go for the Star Trek route of mainly relying on outer conflict instead of an inner one.
    But yeah, a fictional state/civilization with both are probably better for franchise longevity.
    With the current setting theres more potential than ever for wild villain storylines. Its already happened/happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

All panels from District X (2006).
    This is why anti-krakoa posts never will hit any valid point. It gives all lives matter when anything BLM is said. Reality is before krakoa mutants were not prioritized like regular humans

As a black trans girl the guy tweeting laid everything out so simply. Mutants who aren't all powerful exist and im sure they RAN to Krakoa. I know id go running if there was a place my ppl didnt have to worry about police brutality, systemic racism and etc etc.

Krakoa isnt perfect but thats fine neither are the other nations in the MU. PLUS it makes for juicy storytelling. Anyone saying that the mutants are selfish for prioritizing their own FINALLY are out of touch, sorry not sorry.

Like people would rather have the old back because "the xmen stood for everyone! Even while their own were suffering and all that...but they were my heroes!" And thats weird lol.
    All of this. Which is why it's usually hilarious to me when people are doing circles "Worrying" about the mutants that will fall between the cracks on krakoa or get "hurt" but they could care less about these type of mutants that are abused by humans everyday.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'd argue that Krakoa is much better for the "glitzy" and glam mutants too. Remember when Ali Blaire got ostracized when she came out as mutant? There's no way young mutant talent would see that experience and want to follow her footsteps. It's been a struggle for the most privileged mutants too so obviously Krakoa is a no-brainer for less privileged X-chromosome carriers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

This, most anti-krakoa people I've heard from aren't mad that it's a concept that exists.Or that people re fleeing to it.It's about them making their council of some of the worst living beings the world has seen to mutants and humans alike.

And on practices like crucible which until this week which meant for people to get their "birthright" they had to die a violent death.

It's about being hypocritical and calling humans monsters and yet having some of the worst people on the planet on the island and giving them a position on the council just because of the X-gene.

It's about Magneto claiming humans are vicious and prejudiced when he keeps lecturing everyone about how earth is their planet and how many human's he's killed.Again being a hypocrite doing the same thing he criticizes the humans for doing.

Also the very concept of Krakoa is born of the fact that Mutant and Humans can't possibly co-exist happily.

I think krakoa works as a concept, not some decades long status quo but to pretend it's not deeply flawed isn't it.And the books have shown this too us repeatedly.

TLDR:It's not the mutants going to Krakoa that feels problematic, it's the Council and other main characters who feel hypocritical.Which works in the stories because they acknowledge it, atleast most do.Krakoa isn't a paradise island or even a good place, it's been a mess from the get go and will collapse because of it.

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-23-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

It's about being hypocritical and calling humans monsters
    and yet having some of the worst people on the planet on the island and giving them a position on the council just because of the X-gene.

It's about Magneto claiming humans are vicious and prejudiced when he keeps lecturing everyone about how earth is their planet and how many human's he's killed.Again being a hypocrite doing the same thing he criticizes the humans for doing.

Which they have been to mutants?? I mean were we reading the same series the last few decades?

Along with being hunted and hated they were systemically NOT thriving in human nations. Krakoa keeping their enemies INSIDE and not out in the human world causing chaos is something i dont see a problem with.

Moira lived 9 lives where humans wiped out mutantkind...so yeah ima pass on "they can co-exist!"..i mean Sure they can but it is absolutely important that mutants have their own space given their history.

A concept like Krakoa can most definitely last for decades, whats been done set the ground work for ENDLESS possibilities, new concepts and storylines.

Ya'll will throw everything at the Krakoan wall just because you dont like it lol. Painting the mutants as nazi's or a cult is illogical and missing the point entirely. Quit it.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-23-2021 at 03:04 AM.