Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's one of my favorite books, although I agree it's not the single best book of all time or anything. Great Superman stuff though.

Let's all agree that Morrison should stay away from Marvel.

Did he even write anything for them besides X MEN and FF1234? Believe me, I wasn't too fond of the latter either. He had Sue kiss Namor in that mini. The aeries was set in an indeterminate time, but after Reed and Sue were married.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Yes, agreed. We are not going to change its others minds. Also, I don't have a long expiration date on these conversations. If Morrison emailed me telling me that my interpretation of the kiss was his intention, it would bring me vert little solace. Shit, I'd rather tell me that you were right because I'd rather Jean not willingly do that. And that still would no nothing to rectify Scott. Me being "right" wouldn't get me back. I'd much rather I be proven wrong about Jean if they would retcon Scott's culpability in the affair.

All water long, coming up on 20 years, under the bridge.
    Scott was abused by the person who had agreed to be his therapist. He wasn't forced to have an affair, but he was violated during a moment of enormous emotional fragility and he gave in, like many victims of abuse do. But I won't expand on that, because, for you, I guess, it doesn't matter what is actually written in the story. Instead you prefer to focus on an interview with the writer.

So I suppose there's no point in discussing it either. I just wanted to register it, really, in case a new reader is lurking here.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Did he even write anything for them besides X MEN and FF1234? Believe me, I wasn't too fond of the latter either. He had Sue kiss Namor in that mini. The aeries was set in an indeterminate time, but after Reed and Sue were married.
    I abhor that sort of "storytelling", like something actually unique or transgressive is accomplished by doing that; so I won't be reading that series ever. Again, if I'd been reading New X-Men as it was being published, and especially if I had been reading the comics in the years before, I'd probably have hated the affair. I certainly don't like what it did to Scott's character in the eyes of casual or lapsed fans, or that Jean was sidelined if Marvel thought that was a prerequisite for their plans.

The only other work of note by Morrison at Marvel was the eponymous Marvel Boy mini-series; I almost picked it up years ago from a used bookstore, but couldn't afford any more impulse buys. JG Jones was the artist, and I liked their work together in Final Crisis, but I couldn't tell you if Marvel Boy is any good or not.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    IÂ’m not squeamish. I watched the real life autopsy of a Joe Doe once. My uncle is a pathologist and he took my brother and I to the morgue because my brother was considering studying Medicine out of a soft pressure for being born into a family of doctors.

There is one thing I find hard to watch, though. You know those torture scenes where they pull the nails of the prisoner off? UrghÂ… that is horrible!

But yeah, pandemic and all, I donÂ’t think IÂ’m a mood for anything post-apocalyptic.
    Yeah, in that case, don't read the book anytime soon; it was just that our talk of trying soda reminded me of that scene.

Oh, yeahÂ… If theyÂ’re new old books, they hurt the wallet.
    I make sure to save money and have budgets, but sometimes I can't help but go a little overboard. And Marvel is actually reprinting many of their X-Men omnis, so I just have to get them, it's out of my hands.

Oh my… I”m glad he didn’t get seriously hurt. Were you there when it happened?
    I was only 20 or so feet away from him when he fell. On instinct you wanna check on the guy, but you have to make sure it's safe to approach first; he tried to get up but we told him to wait, we gotta make sure he isn't seriously injured. Thankfully he was about as okay as could be expected; just goes to show how important safety inspections are.

They can. But they donÂ’t. ItÂ’s the example of the law against drinking and driving. If people were responsible, we wouldnÂ’t need that law, would we?

Remember that conversation about us not being Coke or Pepsi? I know the feeling, my friend, I keep surprising myself about stuff humans beings do that seems obvious to me that they shouldn't (and vice versa).
    It's a shame.

Opera isnÂ’t exactly American either. Or popular.

I think Jean most likely enjoys some international songs too. I imagine Jean to be cultured, which is one of the traits she shares with Charles. She should have a good amount of joie de vivre that is often expressed in her intellectual curiosity about different cultures. I can see her going to international film festivals (probably with Ororo) and picking films based on country of origin instead of the story.

Same for music and cultural festivals. The mansion was near NYC, so she probably was doing something like that as often as possible.
    This squares with me.

Have Jean and Ororo spent much time together in this era?

Let me re-phrase it here: if Jean was alive, selling Scott and Emma together would be much harder. Even Morrison had trouble with it: he barely had Scott and Jean interacting the whole run and he left everything very ambiguous on purpose. While Scott says loves Jean, there isnÂ’t a single mention of something positive about Emma as a person. ItÂ’s only about how he feels. He never tried to be her friend or talk about her loss and trauma. Not even when sheÂ’s holding the body of her dead daughter, does Scott has anything sweet or supportive to say to her. Instead, he tells her he made a decision between Jean and her. Yeah, thatÂ’s love indeed!

So, if Jean was alive at the end of MorrisonÂ’s run, it would be really hard to sell the other couple. But that never stopped any comic book writer, did it? And that was my point.

I donÂ’t need to change anything about ScottÂ’s role during the Utopia Era, actually. IÂ’d just not have the characters around him - looking at you, Magneto - behaving like cheerleaders all the time. ThatÂ’s the part that is very annoying, actually.

And Jean… like I said, I could see her going to San Francisco. I could see her retreating to Utopia at first. But, regardless of their relationship status, at some point, Jean would get in his office and say: “All right, so what’s next, Scott? We’re the X-Men. Utopia can’t be the endgame. Survival can’t be the endgame. If we are to go “extinct”, if we are to die one by one until we do, let it mean mean something. We started this together, all these years ago, and we’ve been through so much since… There’s no one I’d want by my side more than you, but I’ll understand if you can’t be there this time. This is what I will do: if I am to die, I want to die as I lived. An X-Man. Protecting who needs protection regardless of how they feel about my genes, and living among people of a different genetic make-up because I believe we can co-exist. How will they ever believe in it too, if I’m choosing to live apart? I’m leaving, Scott. I’m sorry, but I can’t be a part of this any longer.”

But they wouldnÂ’t do that, right? TheyÂ’d have her admiring him and being very thankful because mutantkind have his leading them. UghÂ… Like I said: it would be character assassination for her. Just like it will be now, if they never really show her leaving Krakoa because she was somehow under an external influence.

So, 15+ years being dead? Yeah, thereÂ’s a bright side even to that (which will mean nothing - and *really* piss me off - if Jean is actually, really, okay with Krakoa).
    I agree about the love point: I don't think there was any love between Scott and Emma during Morrison's run. And with Jean around, it would have been much harder to make their relationship work, but I think it could've been interesting.

To the point about Magneto, I agree that his bowing was too much; I would simply have had him offer a nod of his head, or the good old offer of a handshake. And there were definitely times where the narrative got a little sycophantic - I've defended Scott because I've felt his detractors aren't usually interested in context, but I'm not blind to the flaws of the Utopia Era.

Fast fights are integral part of Sumo. The longest fight youÂ’ll even see will have 5 minutes tops.

The thing is that, inside the circle, the only part of the body of the wrestler that can touch the ground is the soles of his feet. And no body part can touch outside that area. ThatÂ’s why the fights are so fast. But what is cool about it is that any mistake can be fatal. ItÂ’s completely different dynamics from other fights.
    I guess I'll have to watch it to see for myself, describing a sport can only do so much.

IÂ’m certain that youÂ’re very special to those kids and your influence is something theyÂ’ll carry within them for the rest of their lives.

I understand being tired and feeling you deserve to be selfish and indulge yourself in whatever you feel like doing. I do. And, you know, you should do it every now and then too. But spending time with those kids does make a difference to them and how theyÂ’re growing up. One day they wonÂ’t be kids anymore and they wonÂ’t need their uncle. And that will be a good thing: it will mean you helped them growing up with a healthy emotional psyche. So it pays off, my friend.

As for the cartoons, IÂ’d start with The Animated Series because itÂ’s so much closer to the comics. But do promise me that youÂ’ll make sure to tell him thatÂ’s not the real Jean Grey? That the real Jean Grey is super badass and doesnÂ’t faint all the time? That sheÂ’s really that sweet, but sheÂ’s actually one of the most powerful mutants around and she has a temper?

I think itÂ’s better if they see X-Men Evolution as an AU. ItÂ’s certainly fun, but I donÂ’t think it should be their first reference to what the X-Men should look like.

But I have to admit: Scott and Jean are sooooooo cute together in Evolution!

“Don’t tell me what you can’t do. I know you better than anyone ever has or ever will”
    “You know? That’s what I like about you, Scott: you know me better than anyone ever has or ever will.”
    Thanks, I definitely think about that regularly. I want to try to get them to read more often, and spend time not glued to a computer or cellphone screen. Exceptions must be made for X-Men cartoons of course.

Yeah, X-Men Evolution is great, and I'll be watching it for the first time in years with my nieces and nephew.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I think the world doesn’t need to figure anything out other than separating the concepts of masculine and feminine from biological gender and sexual orientation. We all have masculine and feminine traits in us and the proportions vary from individual to individual and they shouldn’t be judged for that.

One of my uncles is one of the most maternal persons I’ve ever met and he’s a straight man. What’s wrong with that? It’s beautiful. He shouldn’t be forced not to express this side of his, because it’s going to challenge society’s expectation of what it means to “be a man”.

I love make-up and high heels and I can apply and walk on them well. But I don’t have the patience or interest to do that everyday: it’s not practical and it takes too much time. Do you have any idea on how many times I was judged for that? “You’re not feminine. You don’t love yourself. Yadda. Yadaa”. And my “crime” as doing what most straight guys do: wake up, wear whatever, go on about my day.

Why are we still stuck in this kind of thinking? We just have respect people and respect the way they are. That’s all.

If we all treated others the way we’d like to be treated and if we learn from the feedback people give us about our behaviour towards them, the world would be a much better place.
    Yeah, I'm right there with you, I guess I just meant that there's quite a bit of change going on in society and we aren't all on the same page yet.

I think Cerebro has to be constructed of lightweight materials indeed, but even then it’s still probably heavier than your hardhat and Charles seems to wear that more than 8 hours a day. He wears it whenever he’s not sleeping (and I suppose having a shower). In X-Men #4 (Hickman’s run), they’re wearing business suits, Magneto isn’t wearing his helmet, but Charles, sure enough, is wearing Cerebro. He’s even having dinner while wearing it. And it wasn’t the only time we saw his meeting humans in a business suit and Cerebro (X-Force #1 also shows that). So, basically, he barely takes the thing off.

He can, of course, telepathically ignore his own muscle pain and resort to some Krakoan muscle relaxant, pain killer or even the mutant power of another mutant like Healer.

But you see… I do think about stuff like that. I’m telling you: this jelly inside my skull has a life of its own.
    That's funny to think about. I wonder what other odd or silly things we could come up with?

Oh, yeah… When I’m on vacations, for instance, I buy a Lonely Planet guide (I love their walking tours) and read about the things I’d like to do and decide what I’ll do the next day. I don’t plan the whole vacations before I even leave the house. Nah. It’s supposed to be relaxing. Keeping a tight schedule is the opposite of that.

I love the Cirque du Soleil, and one of their shows was in London during my trip there. So that ticket I bought way in advance. But for everything else? I’d really just open my guide in the evening and decide what I’d be doing the next day.

But on daily life it's different. Murphy is a jerk to me: anything that can go wrong will go wrong indeed. So, in order not to stress myself, I prepare and plan ahead. People often think that this is stressful to me, but it actually isn't.

And, you know, I don't break apart if a plan doesn't work well and I have to adapt. It's part of life.
    Adaptability is very important, although funny enough, I sometimes find sudden plans more stressful than plans that have fallen through or aren't working out. Oh, and I keep a bag with a few items (first-aid kit, spare clothes, some hygiene products, etc) that I might need in my car.

I thought I was gushing enough about my favourite couple, but I can always gush some more, I guess! :P
    Hit it!

I’d prefer that, actually: what is still canon, Marvel, please? Would you just tell us?

But… when you really think about Moira’s storyline, nothing of the X-Men story is guaranteed to be canon at this point, is it? That’s another something to ruminate about.
    Yeah, we've brought this up a few times: there's a door right there, and the creatives have already said they've got a "put the toys back" mentality.

Remember when we were talking about what I would do if I was writing DD and I told you wouldn’t focus on any world-shattering event? I'd just focus to get the basics right and tell a compelling story?

That’s the problem with X-Men comics nowadays. It hasn’t just been about the X-Men since M-Day. It’s been about the fate of the entire mutantdom. While they were less than 200 mutants, the stories could still feel more personal, but now? With all the political implications of a nation that is doing the stuff that Krakoa has…? It’s about the overall world-building, not the characters.

It seems editorial has forgotten that a good story doesn’t need to be about status quo changes and a huge impact on the society around them. Look at CC’s stories… how many times did they affect the Marvel Universe or the whole mutantdom? And they’re still mostly considered good stories, right? Why?

Now, I don’t want people to copy or cannibalize CC’s work. The point is just that a good story is about good characters and/or a good plot. That’s it. You don’t need to be world-building anew every 5-10 years.
    If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: I want the X-Books to work towards integration between human and mutantkind. That's the story I want to see.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah, in that case, don't read the book anytime soon; it was just that our talk of trying soda reminded me of that scene.
    I appreciate the tip. Thanks. :)

I make sure to save money and have budgets, but sometimes I can't help but go a little overboard. And Marvel is actually reprinting many of their X-Men omnis, so I just have to get them, it's out of my hands.
    That’s also why we save money, right? :)

I was only 20 or so feet away from him when he fell. On instinct you wanna check on the guy, but you have to make sure it's safe to approach first; he tried to get up but we told him to wait, we gotta make sure he isn't seriously injured. Thankfully he was about as okay as could be expected; just goes to show how important safety inspections are.
    Oh, I hadn’t even consider that. But indeed, not giving in to the instinct of rushing to help must be really hard. Besides, spine and neck injuries often happen after the accident. That’s why the recommendation is not to move the person and wait for the paramedics whenever possible.

This squares with me.

Have Jean and Ororo spent much time together in this era?
    Nope. Ororo was there for the weird ritual of we-just-resurrected-you-and-though-you’re-sticky-and-naked-say-your-name-so-we-can-all-cheer-you-like-the-weird-cult-we-are. Then there was the rehearsal of Morrison’s silent issue but, this time, Jean and Emma got into Ororo’s mind. After that, Jean comforts her a bit. And then Ororo is with the group drinking tea and playing pool/snooker in the Summer House. They don’t interact in Planet-Size, so other than a few cameos together in the Hellfire Gala and some QC scenes (where they’re basically working), I think those were the only comics in which they appeared together.

Very few interactions as friends, though.

But then again, after X-Men: Red, I’d expect Jean to be closer to Laura and Gaby too. She also didn’t interact with Trinary and most of her old friends. She had family dinners, but didn’t really interact with Rachel either, so…

Add that to her behaviour in the X-Force and you’ll probably get why I call her zombie Jean.

I agree about the love point: I don't think there was any love between Scott and Emma during Morrison's run. And with Jean around, it would have been much harder to make their relationship work, but I think it could've been interesting.

To the point about Magneto, I agree that his bowing was too much; I would simply have had him offer a nod of his head, or the good old offer of a handshake. And there were definitely times where the narrative got a little sycophantic - I've defended Scott because I've felt his detractors aren't usually interested in context, but I'm not blind to the flaws of the Utopia Era.
    I don’t think even (pre-Inferno) Claremont would make Scott and Emma work, after Morrison’s run, if Jean was still alive. It would feel forced, like any relationship he tried to put Scott in felt forced. And that was a writer who actually took some time to develop relationships.

But then again, forcing stuff down the reader’s throat never stopped any Marvel writer, so it could have been done.

As for Utopia, you used the perfect word: “sycophantic”. Like I said, I’m okay-ish with Scott’s portrayal and even the stuff he was doing, because when I read this character in the context of his continuity, it makes sense. What annoys me about Utopia is the usage of all the other characters around him, adoring him like a saviour, supporting him no matter what… basically, serving as mouth-pieces of the writers who are telling us how we’re supposed to feel about their story.

And because of that, I can see a bright side on Jean’s being dead.

I guess I'll have to watch it to see for myself, describing a sport can only do so much.
    Yeah. It might not be for you either.

Thanks, I definitely think about that regularly. I want to try to get them to read more often, and spend time not glued to a computer or cellphone screen. Exceptions must be made for X-Men cartoons of course.

Yeah, X-Men Evolution is great, and I'll be watching it for the first time in years with my nieces and nephew.
    Do they have to read for school?

The book assignments I got almost turned me off of reading altogether. The selection was so bad. Fortunately, once I bought a book on my own and I decided to read it. And I loved it. And from there I bought others and read some we had in the house too.

As I got older the book assignment for school became classic literature and I liked most of them.

One day, if I even get to meet my niece (stupid pandemic), I’ll ask her parents if I can take her to a book shop, let her choose a book she’d like to read and buy it for her. Then we can go to a toy shop. :)

Yeah, I'm right there with you, I guess I just meant that there's quite a bit of change going on in society and we aren't all on the same page yet.
    That’s for sure.

All it takes is respect. But just because it’s simple, it doesn’t mean it’s easy…

That's funny to think about. I wonder what other odd or silly things we could come up with?
    One that has bugged me for a long time: how can Logan have *any* wrist flexibility when he pops his claws? The claws aren't flexible at all and they’re too long to fit along the metacarpal bones. Besides, they’re normally drawn as nested along the radius and the ulna, right?

If so, when the claws are out, they have to be extended out enough so they become anchored in the hands instead, otherwise he can’t have any wrists flexibility. All right, so they’re on the hands now, right? But unlike other bones, they are completely out of the place where they rest and there’s *nothing* but retracting muscles (and maybe very long ligaments) attached to them. Even the metacarpals, the bones that would be around them at this position, move too much to stabilize the claws (that’s why you can make a shell shape with your hand and drink water) . That means that those claws should actually be very wobbly, not to mention that they should burst out of his skin every time he slashes against anything harder than it - the skin heals, but is not made out of adamantium: it tears if enough force is applied on it.

For the claws to be anchored well, you’d need to have extra bones (well secured in place by very strong tendons and muscles) that would work as a tunnel where the claws would go through and theirs ends would lock. But those would have to be in the forearm (and rotate with the bones there), which takes us back to no wrist flexibility.

Adaptability is very important, although funny enough, I sometimes find sudden plans more stressful than plans that have fallen through or aren't working out. Oh, and I keep a bag with a few items (first-aid kit, spare clothes, some hygiene products, etc) that I might need in my car.
    That doesn’t surprise me at all. :D

Before the pandemic, I didn’t use to make a list for the supermarket because we often bought more or less the same stuff. But if I was shopping for a party or a special dinner, then I’d make a list and I’d order it according to the natural route of the super market.

Now, that’s not to say that I couldn’t take a leisure stroll to the supermarket where you’re relaxed and you figure out what to buy once you’re there. It can be part of the date and it can be fun too.

But if I’m on a mission, I’m on a mission! :D

Taking into consideration that I’m a Scott Summers fan, does that surprise you at all? :D

Hit it!

"Oh? For love of the X-men, you sacrificed your life. For love of me, you resurrected yourself. For love of the whole universe, you almost died a second time to save it. Know nothing of love?! Jean, you are love!"

Be still, my heart! :D

Yeah, we've brought this up a few times: there's a door right there, and the creatives have already said they've got a "put the toys back" mentality.
    Meaning that they’ll fix this mess when they’re done playing?

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: I want the X-Books to work towards integration between human and mutantkind. That's the story I want to see.
    Me too… At least one group should be working on integration… Should we send MLK’s “Love your Enemies” speech to them? Do you think it might be more eloquent than we can be? :D

“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you(…) And over the centuries, many persons have argued that this is an extremely difficult command. (…) But far from being an impractical idealist, Jesus has become the practical realist. The words of this text glitter in our eyes with a new urgency. Far from being the pious injunction of a utopian dreamer, this command is an absolute necessity for the survival of our civilization. Yes, it is love that will save our world and our civilization, love even for enemies.

If a mutant nation is ever to succeed, co-existence has to be achieved before the nation can be successful. The “mutant nation” dream is even more impractical than co-existence. And it’s amazing that no mutant has figure it out yet.

When I read X-Men: Red, I thought Jean had figured it out. But zombie Jean forgot about that for… reasons…
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-19-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Even though it is set post Dark Phoenix, I really enjoyed the Scott/Jean content in the X-Men anime. They are pretty much the only canon comic book couple that I care about staying together. I also like them in the movies (especially the alternate timeline ones), X-Men: TAS, and X-Men Evolution. They were also sweet in X-Men Legends together.

Also, Grant Morrison is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Even though it is set post Dark Phoenix, I really enjoyed the Scott/Jean content in the X-Men anime. They are pretty much the only canon comic book couple that I care about staying together. I also like them in the movies (especially the alternate timeline ones), X-Men: TAS, and X-Men Evolution. They were also sweet in X-Men Legends together.

Also, Grant Morrison is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.
    Thank you. I don't normally read interviews of writers I'm not following so I didn't know that about them. I'll update my mental archive and try to use the correct pronoun. :)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm a Jott fan...and I love the Morrison run and his take on the state of their relationship back then.

Couples go through relationship issues and drama. X-Comics, as canonically written, are fraught with soap opera-relationship melodramatics...with Jott being the epitome of that. Emma coming was a very interesting twist...though I only read any of it in Whedon's AXM and none of it during the Fraction UXM...I liked it. Now seventeen years later, Jean and Scott are back together. That's comics. I'm here to read Duggan's version of the relationship irrespective of how and what the previous authors wrote.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm a Jott fan...and I love the Morrison run and his take on the state of their relationship back then.

Couples go through relationship issues and drama. X-Comics, as canonically written, are fraught with soap opera-relationship melodramatics...with Jott being the epitome of that. Emma coming was a very interesting twist...though I only read any of it in Whedon's AXM and none of it during the Fraction UXM...I liked it. Now seventeen years later, Jean and Scott are back together. That's comics. I'm here to read Duggan's version of the relationship irrespective of how and what the previous authors wrote.
    Yeah, I'd say that's a healthy, wholesome way to look at the progression of the Scott/Jean romance to this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I have no problem with that, Devaishwarya. :)

It's not just about Scott and Jean's relationship, though. It's about comics in general.

I actually admire people who can dissociate current runs from previous and enjoy what's good about them regardless of contradictions and whatnot. Who am I to tell them that they are wrong and they're not suppose to enjoy something they like?

But I confess it's really annoying when I'm told that I'm wrong for caring about continuity. If I can accept that some people don't mind not having the consistency I'd like to see in the books, why can't they extend the same courtesy?

You know what I mean?

Absolutely G-Soul...100 %
    Regardless of what anyone says in these threads... you do you. Nobody gets a say in how you read and enjoy your comics. No. Body!

While I can and do separate current runs from the previous...I am still always mindful of what I've read before...and how other writers have written them in the ongoing continuity.
    Do I like/love everything that was written? No. But I don't hate or find great fault with the ones I didn't, either. It's just different writers selectively drawing from what came before and taking it further and adding their own spin.

I wouldn't expect Duggan to go back and read every written appearance of Jott to be able to write them as a couple who love each other and with shared goals. Because Duggan may have his own ideas about how that would look and read regardless of what Claremont and Byrne established. Would I LOVE everything he brings to Jott in his X-Men...I'll see...but I'm not here to read Duggan's version of what Claremont and Byrne, Louise Simonson or Morrison have written. If I wanted that...I'll just go back and read those runs/eras.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-19-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Absolutely G-Soul...100 %
    Regardless of what anyone says in these threads... you do you. Nobody gets a say in how you read and enjoy your comics. No. Body!

While I can and do separate current runs from the previous...I am still always mindful of what I've read before...and how other writers have written them in the ongoing continuity.
    Do I like/love everything that was written? No. But I don't hate or find great fault with the ones I didn't, either. It's just different writers selectively drawing from what came before and taking it further and adding their own spin.

I wouldn't expect Duggan to go back and read every written appearance of Jott to be able to write them as a couple who love each other and with shared goals. Because Duggan may have his own ideas about how that would look and read regardless of what Claremont and Byrne established. Would I LOVE everything he brings to Jott in his X-Men...I'll see...but I'm not here to read Duggan's version of what Claremont and Byrne, Louise Simonson or Morrison have written. If I wanted that...I'll just go back and read those runs/eras.
    Yeah, I'm not one of those continuity fanatics that obsess about the smallest details. I really don't expect Duggan to have read everything and, even if he had read it, he probably wouldn't remember some details or stories. I mean, I certainly haven't read everything and I don't remember everything I've read either. It would be hypocritical of me.

For me, it's more important that the overal feel of the characters is there, that they are easily recognizable.

Scott and Jean in particular haven't been in a book together in a loooooong time, especially if you consider they barely interacted during Morrison's run. So I'd love to see again some elements that were very common for them: talking to each other about problems and/or doubts and/or plans and/or dreams, being affectinate, fighting holding hands, etc...

I understand it's a group book so I don't expect seeing something meaningful between them every issue. Not even in the 90s that would happen. But I love them together and just a little something like their walking holding hands as they move around the treehouse (like we had last issue) would already make me happy.

Like I said before: I'm happy they're together and I want to enjoy while it lasts.

It's early to judge Duggan's portrayal of their relationship (especially because he didn't use Jean much in Cable), but I've liked what I've seen so far and I hope it keeps getting better and we get to share many new panels of their iconic love here. :)

Yupp.

I'm hoping for familiar but also new and interesting.

Yupp.

I'm hoping for familiar but also new and interesting.
    It's the first time they're co-leading a team and I'd love for the team itself to evolve into a bigger enterprise, something that has to do with the dreams for their lives and their roles as X-Men. I wrote this here recently: they were supposed to be the heirs of Xavier's dream. Krakoa is still his dream, just different.

I'd love to see Scott and Jean taking charge of their own destinies, finding their own paths and leading people who are like-minded.

That would be really interesting to me and it would be, in my opinion, worthy of the gravitas of those two characters. Especially, if it would feel like a natural progression of what they've lived so far (that aspect of continuity that I love).