Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
Haters will be haters, Mercury. And haters read whatever they want to read on the panels.
This is very true.

There's nothing there that gives the slight impression that Jean altered the minds of the people who voted for Lorna in order for them to vote for her. They voted for Lorna because the message "just pick me" was enough for them. They *wanted* her to be on the team.
Exactly. Also, if I may belabor my point, there is nothing that gives the impression that Lorna accepted the position on the team based on anything Jean did, which indicates, as stated in the issue, that she wanted to be a member of the team to begin with.

And again: I'm *not* arguing that Jean didn't have the best intentions at heart.
I know you’re not arguing this, and it is clear that she had good intentions. Furthermore, I understand why people have criticized her for going with Lorna’s initial inclination instead of her subsequent response. However, some people are completely mischaracterizing what was done, which I am not okay with.

I’m all for having objective and logical discussions in which we each analyze the behaviors and intentions of characters, just as long as the intended context as setup by the writers and editors is taken into consideration. Again, I am not saying you’re doing this, but I’ve noticed some people have a tendency of decontextualizing certain scenes, or even changing what happens in those scenes, in order to more convincingly tear down certain characters.

I’m sorry, but I won’t have any of that, especially when it comes to Jean. I will call it out every single time I see it.