Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

It’s gonna be retconned. Heck the Poly is not even Canon yet if you want to get technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    In the 90s. Remember the blue team book? That's the X-Men #3 MechaJeanix referred to, but Scott asked if his kiss is as fun as Wolverine's. Care to guess who wrote that issue? :P
    I thought he was referring to Gambit at that point. In issue 1 of the relaunch Jean mentions how Gambit "can take your breath away" after he kissed "Jean" during an exercise (actually a robot that exploded, removing Gambit from the fight) and Scott mentioned that he should drop a truck on him, much to Xavier's alarm. Scott then keep upping the size of the metaphorical truck until Charles loses it, as he isn't used to Scott displaying a sense of humor, especially during training exercises.

Although it has been a very long time since I read those issues, so my mental wires could be crossed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Claremont?
    How did you guess in just one try? You must be psychic yourself! :D

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Least worse option, I agree. But this mess is not going to end on a good note, I'm sure of it.
    I'm very afraid of that too. More for Jean than Scott. But I love them both. I want them to be happy. They've been through too much already.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It’s gonna be retconned. Heck the Poly is not even Canon yet if you want to get technical.
    Let's hope so! :)

Glad to see you again. Short message to make it easier for your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought he was referring to Gambit at that point. In issue 1 of the relaunch Jean mentions how Gambit "can take your breath away" after he kissed "Jean" during an exercise (actually a robot that exploded, removing Gambit from the fight) and Scott mentioned that he should drop a truck on him, much to Xavier's alarm. Scott then keep upping the size of the metaphorical truck until Charles loses it, as he isn't used to Scott displaying a sense of humor, especially during training exercises.
    I actually like that scene. I have a very clear image about Scott's humour in my mind. Headcanon, I know. But who cares? :D

Although it has been a very long time since I read those issues, so my mental wires could be crossed.
    Here are the panels:

I actually like that scene. I have a very clear image about Scott's humour in my mind. Headcanon, I know. But who cares?
    That's how I think Scott's humor should be portrayed. In a dry, deadpan sense that can easily be taken as serious by people who don't know him. Either that or unintentionally funny. He's never going to be a snark-master like MCU Tony Stank (couldn't resist the Cap Trilogy reference there).
    Dark does not mean deep.

That's how I think Scott's humor should be portrayed. In a dry, deadpan sense that can easily be taken as serious by people who don't know him. Either that or unintentionally funny. He's never going to be a snark-master like MCU Tony Stank (couldn't resist the Cap Trilogy reference there).
    Exactly!!!

Like I promised, their other swimsuit edition appearance:

"For the X-Men Cyclops and Phoenix, the Blue Area of the Moon is the place where the original Phoenix sacrificed herself to protect the galaxy from her increasingly uncontrollable power. Since then, the two have fought the unbeatable, endured the unendurable, and achieved the impossible to find new life together. Is it any wonder, then, that this couple who has come so close to real and spiritual death on so many occasions, can find no better way to celebrate life than in each other's embrace?"

And except for the silly dinner stuff, Jean talking to a sleeping Scott and the one-panel "family" trip, I think these are most of their interactions of the Krakoan era so far.

And except for the silly dinner stuff, Jean talking to a sleeping Scott and the one-panel "family" trip, I think these are most of their interactions of the Krakoan era so far.

You beat me to it, Grinning Soul. But you did it better. I was only going to post this.

Screenshot (120).jpg

You just went the extra mile. And for that, I applaud you.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    You beat me to it, Grinning Soul. But you did it better. I was only going to post this.

You just went the extra mile. And for that, I applaud you.
    Thank you and thank for sharing. :)

I'd been posting lots of old panels and I'd promised to post some of the current era too, just to be fair. With the new interaction in today's issue, it seemed like a good time to get it done already. :)

thanks for the collage. LOVE Scott and Jean in the current era

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thanks for the collage. LOVE Scott and Jean in the current era
    No problem! :)

I'll love them more if they appear more often together and they talk and modulate each other's flaws and rely on each other's complementary qualities so they can be awesome co-leaders of the new team.

And more kisses! And fighting holding hands! :)

Come on, Duggan! It's their signature! Go for it! :)

Amazing Member

This is perfect. This is the Scott and Jean I’ve wanted. I think because of the duration they’ve been together you don’t need anymore drama. Reed and Sue rarely have drama. It’s never about if they will or won’t. They just are, it’s background now. I’m perfectly happy with exactly what we’ve been getting. Give other couples drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It needs to be or else we'll get a dreaded cheating story and that is the last thing I want. I think they need to come out and say Scott and Jean had an experimental open thing for awhile and now they are exclusive to each other if that is the direction they are taking them. It looks like it with them starting their own team and living away from the Moon (assuming they are living/sleeping) in the Treehouse.

I can easily see a writer going back and saying the scenes between Jean and Logan in both Wolverine and X-force was Jean sneaking around. That is why it needs to be more explicit but there are a ton of hints Scott knows since he invited Logan to a Summers family outing and Wolverine referenced wanted to see Jean in her swimsuit. Storm in X of Swords referenced Jean and Logan's relationship. In another issue Storm referenced Emma's trips to the Summers house (it may have been in Marauders I can't remember). There are enough hints but they need to address it and move forward imo.

Let Jean and Scott have had their fun and move on or have them continue the poly thing since it is trendy with the younger folks. Either way I wish they would address it head on.

Anywho, X-men 1 was a good issue for Jean/Scott shippers and since I'm kind of sort of a reluctant Jean/Cyke shipper I did enjoy the issue. I do wish we had a little more Jean but I can't complain with what we got.

I actually like that scene. I have a very clear image about Scott's humour in my mind. Headcanon, I know. But who cares?

Here are the panels:

Thanks for posting the panels. I see folks questioning my memory again - I am older than most here but my mind is still sharp! (well..sometimes).