Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Or Mr Sinister and all his clones.
    Oh, you’re right.

Real question, though: can we consider Sinister as character at this point? He reads more like a caricature, a plot device… What do you think?

Yes, this was the moment to show how awesome was Kurt and David, not to make a half hearted effort to redeem Fabian. If that was the point I think he could have used more issues showing more of his qualities and less about how horrible he can be.
    This was the issue to make Onslaught a frightening threat and then kick his ass.

To repeat the same action and expect different results is madness indeed, Itīs like they forgot how to plan and fight.
    And they had never had more resources at their disposal! It’s infuriating.

I miss all the humans allies, Valerie Cooper, Kavita, Moira, Gabrielle, Stevie, we just need more allies to make up for them or they should come back in some way..
    Yes! But they have no place in Krakoa. What would be the point?

I think he wanted to give Apocalypse a deeper motivation and thatīs alright with me, what I didnīt like was other characters acting like he was just misguided when in reality he can and will still be very brutal to other mutants and humans for his own ends. Depth also means allowing the characters to keep being themselves and to actually allow them face the music if the story calls for it. Not just do a quick, everything is good again, without any kind of effort or regret from the character in question, it cheapens the story because its not believiable. So I liked his take on A, I just want the other characters to react according to who heīs actually and what heīs done.
    I suppose we’ll have to disagree on that then, Lucy.

Probably but Hickman is also an Emma fan and that first scene on Inferno gave me all the feels of a girl power moment and I didnīt like it but we will see what happens.
    I think it’s more about Emma than girl power. But indeed, we’ll see.

Thank you, I honestly hope next week Leah leaves alone whatīs left of Lorna and Magneto relationship and focuses on Wanda instead. So far her handle of her and the mystery around her dead has been good.
    Fingers and toes crossed, sweetie.

My hair would look bad if I tried this too, itīs too dark, it would just look a little red at the ends so thanks Scott for helping us :)
    He’s such a good boy! :)

I think his job interview was the Secret Wars crossover, from then on, Hickman is being allowed a lot of freedom. I liked that crossover, no problem from me on that point but it only increases my pessimism to see how he could have handled the X-men better than he did or maybe I am not getting what heīs trying to do but I definitely would have liked if he didnīt transform Moira or forced the characterization of other characters, so I hope he at least ends on a good note.
    Cable seems to think it will, so I guess that’s the current intention. How it will be executed, though? Will the current plans remain the same?

Who knows?

I recomend you his FF run, itīs very human and plain fun and I hoped to see touches of this on his X-men, his Avengers story was just a continuation of his FF story and his New Avengers was him totally making the illuminati doing a heel turn but mostly in character.
    I don’t think I’ll have it me to give it a try. Certainly not in a long, long while.

Yes, its special.
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks so.

Music is a funny thing. Sometimes a song becomes special to you not because of the song itself, but because of the moment when you heard it.

I remember once I was driving to college and I was feeling free and happy and that song “Cruisin’” started playing on the radio. I never really particularly liked or disliked it, but something about it fit the moment so well it gained a special place in my heart.

I hope we see him soon ;P
    I doubt it.

I guess given how krakoa doensīt use traditional tecnology, this is supposed to be a new facility made by Krakoa.
    Well, one more reason to add to the list of why Krakoa sucks, then. :P

That was my idea too but I guess we still have to wait to see what happened.
    I’m not sure if Percy remembers or hasn’t deliberately abandoned that plot. It happened more than a year ago.

That sometimes they use too much the shock and awe and then forgot how to send the genie back into the bottle? I, like many other readers, just like to read a good story and shock and awe alone is not enough, definitely.
    Agreed.

Shock and awe aren’t necessary for a good story at all. So, logically, they can’t be enough to carry a good story by themselves.

Thank you, is really great to have this space :D
    And it’s really great that you’re here. :)

Beatiful images of Jean and Scott btw
    Yeah. Even when badly/meh-ly written, they still look amazing together.

I enjoyed the issue, mostly because of Jean reasons to join the X-men team, I am looking forward to see Lornaīs argument on issue #5
    I thought Jean’s characterization was over the place and, as such, there were some good moments. But also some really bad ones.

Her reason to join the X-Men was nice and I fully agree (and have written) she would think and say such a thing. The reason she decided to tell Nightmare of all people? Totally nonsensical and arrogant, even.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-16-2021 at 05:24 AM.