Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Definitely. Although I got to say, Scott must have taken a different CPR class from me. Usually we check the pulse for 10 seconds as well. Either that or he's a visual kind of guy and really needed to know she was breathing.

It all certainly caught him off guard when she moved, to say the least.

Yep, nothing unordinary happening there.

To be honest though, looking for a chest rise and fall is an actual thing. So...perfect explanation it is!
    I'm certified CPR also, and I don't remember that step
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Seriously, though? He probably was worried out to his mind to even really register she was... covered by shadows.
    That's some strategic lighting, huh?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's some strategic lighting, huh?
    Comic books: bending physics to comply to the Comics Code Authority since 1954! :D

--
    Sorry, I won't have time now, but I'll reply to your other post later or tomorrow. :)

I've tried drawing digitally and I haven't found a comfortable setup, I might just prefer physical mediums.
    Digital drawing takes a bit of time to get used to. Have you tried a drawing tablet yet?

I like your idea though, sounds like a feedback loop.
    Yes. Probably less of a stretch than having his pores emitting the force beams in an aura, but not really actually projecting them outward?

I don’t know if I actually like the whole idea to tell you the truth, but I guess that’s how I’d approach it. I’ll let you know if the jelly comes up with something else. :)

I'd say I'm a low-level worrier; my mom however is a master-worrywart, she's on another level.
    Hmm… not sure where I would fit in that scale. I’m a worrier but I’m (usually) not anxious… So I think I’m deceivingly mid-level worrier, when I’m actually a upper-mid-level one…

Nope, is that the one with the four letters like INFP or something?
    Yeah. I asked because I was wondering if people I find easy to talk to tend to belong to certain types. And I know those online tests are not the whole analysis of the personality, but they give you an idea.

My brother has a young husky and she never leaves me alone, she's really affectionate with (relative) strangers.
    Huskies are cool. I could never have one because I used to live on a very hot place.

But I did have those types of mastiffs and a beagle. The mastiffs hated strangers and the beagle couldn’t care less. When the door bell would ring, he would look at us like he was saying: “I was hired to hunt foxes. You don’t provide the foxes, it’s not my fault. I’m not a guard dog. Don’t expect me to bark”. As long as the stranger would give him food or caress him, he’d love the person. Otherwise he’d solemnly ignore them. :D

Beagles are naughty, but they’re very fun. :D

We also had a golden retriever - I know, hot place and all, but we adopted that one because she was literally taken to our door after she was abandoned - and she was sweetest, dumbest dog we ever had. :D

I could spend days in a library. I'd have a coffee/tea setup in my own as well, and couches. I don't hate softcovers, but hardcovers are just more durable and tactile for me.
    I love old libraries. I think I could live in one if I was allowed to. I have this very old-fashioned, traditional taste. If you’d let me, the whole interior of my house would be covered in dark wood. :P

But since I wouldn’t be living alone, my current dream house would have an office/library, with a huge drawing tablet with the view to my huge garden where I could see my dogs running. Though, realistically, the guard dogs would probably be around my feet and the beagles would be too lazy to do anything on their own. :D

My beagle did like to be under my desk while I was studying, though. So maybe they beagles would managed to squeeze between the big dogs.

Reading is definitely an experience, I wish more people read in general - books and comic books, I think they're all great.
    I love comic books because of the mixture of the verbal and the visual communication. But, for me, books are more engaging because they make me imagine the scenes instead.

It's definitely a complicated issue though. Besides that attitude, there's definitely some genuine hesitancy and distrust, and what can be done about that?
    Honestly? I think no one will be able to convince certain people. Which makes us circle back to actually having the need for laws, unfortunately… :(

Body farms, to test out medical information? Do they use cloned bodies?
    In X-Factor? Well, they were investigating deaths, right? So David had this idea to get the bodies of the mutants who died (and were resurrected) and let them rot to study mutant putrefaction (like a real life body farm).

It made sense. Who is to say mutant bodies follow the same pattern as humans? How do you estimate time of death for a mutant, for instance, if you don’t know that?

I think most people have a tough time not letting their frustration at failure blind them to opportunity, and I'm among them.
    We all are. It doesn’t come natural to me at all. My first (to tenth reaction) is to kick myself really hard when I fail, even if it’s due to things that I couldn’t have changed. Still, I try to remind myself of Alexander Flemming and tell myself to have a look at those petri dishes before I throw those failed colonies out. :)

I used to think that I was pretty bone-headed but my roommate makes me look emotionally-enlightened; I've seen women practically blaring their interest in him in neon signs and he's just oblivious. Of course, maybe I can just notice it in others and men generally can't help themselves? This warrants further research.
    Well… there are some (straight) guys who really don’t see anything. And there are the ones who don’t see because their focus is somewhere else - usually on a woman who is *not* interested in them. Men tend to suffer from tunnel-vision. But it's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Sure, I'm curious.
    It’s a bit late here, so I’ll write tomorrow, okay?

I barely find the time to draw, posting on here takes no time at all.
    For me, with more artistic stuff like drawing it’s also a matter of having good days. There are days where things just seem to work without effort and others… Jeez…

Does that happen to you too?

It's time for the New Adventures of Cyclops and Marvel Woman.
    Marvel Woman! Thank you, my friend! Thank you!

And yes: they should be so ridiculously powerful when fighting together, they could actually face some super high-level threat on their own.

Honestly, I really wish they would offer a different view from Krakoa, not in direct opposition but because this hegemony is boring.
    They could just walk away from all that stuff.

Gator-Raid is perfect, and Bucket-Master? They'll never suspect a thing.
    The idea was to make Marvel take pity of us with our homages to Man-Thing and Taskmaster. :P

But then the jelly came up with Gator-Raid and I thought “why not?”

I don’t remember seeing Gator-Raid anywhere, but it was probably used somewhere already. No one has original ideas anymore. :P

Yeah, nothing for it but to ignore it.
    Yeah… I do feel like screaming when I read some of those sometimes… That’s when I have to tell myself: “life is bigger than that. It doesn’t matter. Go spend emotional energy on something that does”.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-24-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Okay, it seems that I was the one who misunderstood - I thought when you said you hadn't "called him a cheating sleazebag" that maybe I had implied you had or something. And yeah, I thought the comment about masochism was referring to the conversation in general not the topic in particular. I'm glad that's not the case, thanks for clearing that up.

We do agree generally, but disagree on degree it seems, and that's okay. I'll give you that victim might not be the best word, although I can't think of a better one. I'm not trying to give Scott a pass, maybe I didn't word my argument correctly; he's definitely not blameless, what he did was wrong and I've never said otherwise.

Really, if this topic isn't up your alley, we can just talk about Jott in general, no hard feelings.

Glad we cleared up the misunderstanding. Just because I wouldn't use the word victim doesn't mean I think it's ridiculous to use. While I don't think that Scott comes off as some PTSD riddled
    borderline basket case, he clearly has been deeply affected by this experience and is having difficulty completely processing it. He is somewhat vulnerable and Emma was taking advantage of that. For m, though, he's got free will in the situation and allowed himself to be talked into something he, deep down, knows is wrong. He can't cross that line.

Still, that's only my line. Someone else has the line in a different place. Others still have no line. They read the stories and, while they might not like the actions a favorite character takes, they can roll with the punches, the ups and downs, and move past it. IMO, much better to be that way with Quesada's Marvel because status quo were dirty words. The boat was going to be rocked, the cage rattled. And in doing that characters didn't always act like they ordinarily would. Me, I was too about the characters, the integrity of the characters. Depending on the character, of course. Characters like Deadpool and Gambit, characters' whose monthlies I bought, I'm not holding to the same moral standard I would Scott or Jean. I can accept Deadpool and Gambit doing things I would never accept with Peter Parker, Reed Richards would be another couple of favorites I would hold to that same high moral standard.

Digital drawing takes a bit of time to get used to. Have you tried a drawing tablet yet?
    Not with a tablet, I have one of those touch-screens with integrated pen use. I do have some software, Clip Studio or something.

Yes. Probably less of a stretch than having his pores emitting the force beams in an aura, but not really actually projecting them outward?

I don’t know if I actually like the whole idea to tell you the truth, but I guess that’s how I’d approach it. I’ll let you know if the jelly comes up with something else.
    The idea spawned from a very old conversation in Scott's Thread where we supposed what sorts of boosts Cyclops' powers could receive, or what additional powers/skills were implied by his ability. Metabolizing the energy from his optic blasts so that he would gain a temporary strength and durability boost was a popular one, and I wanted to draw it. Then life happened. I WILL do it, but I'm just so critical of that work, because it's not just a simple sketch that I'm trying to put together.

Hmm… not sure where I would fit in that scale. I’m a worrier but I’m (usually) not anxious… So I think I’m deceivingly mid-level worrier, when I’m actually a upper-mid-level one…
    I'm quick to worry, but I'm also decent at managing it. Being the oldest male sibling among five, and helping my sister with her four kids has helped me develop that skill.

Yeah. I asked because I was wondering if people I find easy to talk to tend to belong to certain types. And I know those online tests are not the whole analysis of the personality, but they give you an idea.
    I'll look into it, I remembered that Stephen Colbert had a bit about it years ago.

Huskies are cool. I could never have one because I used to live on a very hot place.

But I did have those types of mastiffs and a beagle. The mastiffs hated strangers and the beagle couldn’t care less. When the door bell would ring, he would look at us like he was saying: “I was hired to hunt foxes. You don’t provide the foxes, it’s not my fault. I’m not a guard dog. Don’t expect me to bark”. As long as the stranger would give him food or caress him, he’d love the person. Otherwise he’d solemnly ignore them.

Beagles are naughty, but they’re very fun.

We also had a golden retriever - I know, hot place and all, but we adopted that one because she was literally taken to our door after she was abandoned - and she was sweetest, dumbest dog we ever had.
    My brother and his girlfriend named their dog, a girl, Akira after the Japanese animated film. Don't ask me why. That dog loves me though, she insists I play with her when I go over. Oh, and another of my brothers has a dog named Oso, a Bordercollie-mix, pretty well-behaved.

I love old libraries. I think I could live in one if I was allowed to. I have this very old-fashioned, traditional taste. If you’d let me, the whole interior of my house would be covered in dark wood.

But since I wouldn’t be living alone, my current dream house would have an office/library, with a huge drawing tablet with the view to my huge garden where I could see my dogs running. Though, realistically, the guard dogs would probably be around my feet and the beagles would be too lazy to do anything on their own.

My beagle did like to be under my desk while I was studying, though. So maybe they beagles would managed to squeeze between the big dogs.
    Yeah, an office/library would be the best, I've just been using my very old desk from my school years. It's falling apart.

I love comic books because of the mixture of the verbal and the visual communication. But, for me, books are more engaging because they make me imagine the scenes instead.
    That's always been the appeal for me too, once an artist gives you their interpretation of a scene, that's what it looks like. However, I can't pick between them, I love both books and comic books.

Honestly? I think no one will be able to convince certain people. Which makes us circle back to actually having the need for laws, unfortunately…
    Yeah, I don't see a way around it.

In X-Factor? Well, they were investigating deaths, right? So David had this idea to get the bodies of the mutants who died (and were resurrected) and let them rot to study mutant putrefaction (like a real life body farm).

It made sense. Who is to say mutant bodies follow the same pattern as humans? How do you estimate time of death for a mutant, for instance, if you don’t know that?
    Sounds like a whole can of worms that is barely being explored then.

We all are. It doesn’t come natural to me at all. My first (to tenth reaction) is to kick myself really hard when I fail, even if it’s due to things that I couldn’t have changed. Still, I try to remind myself of Alexander Flemming and tell myself to have a look at those petri dishes before I throw those failed colonies out.
    There are some exceptional people who can do that on their first try, a friend of mine doesn't let anything get him down, it's admirable.

Well… there are some (straight) guys who really don’t see anything. And there are the ones who don’t see because their focus is somewhere else - usually on a woman who is *not* interested in them. Men tend to suffer from tunnel-vision. But it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Yeesh, ain't that the truth.

For me, with more artistic stuff like drawing it’s also a matter of having good days. There are days where things just seem to work without effort and others… Jeez…

Does that happen to you too?
    All of the time, if I can't get my creative energy flowing, I'll just sketch faces or figures or a prompt from a friend or a study from an artist I like - just to exercise my pencil.

Marvel Woman! Thank you, my friend! Thank you!

And yes: they should be so ridiculously powerful when fighting together, they could actually face some super high-level threat on their own.
    There's like nine or ten ongoing X-Books, I'd take Scott and Jean leaving the X-Men if they were given a solo book.

They could just walk away from all that stuff.
    I'd like that too.

The idea was to make Marvel take pity of us with our homages to Man-Thing and Taskmaster.

But then the jelly came up with Gator-Raid and I thought “why not?”

I don’t remember seeing Gator-Raid anywhere, but it was probably used somewhere already. No one has original ideas anymore.
    Well, I am usually pretty pitiable.

Yeah… I do feel like screaming when I read some of those sometimes… That’s when I have to tell myself: “life is bigger than that. It doesn’t matter. Go spend emotional energy on something that does”.
    And even then sometimes I'm preoccupied with it, that even though I won't respond I think about it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Glad we cleared up the misunderstanding. Just because I wouldn't use the word victim doesn't mean I think it's ridiculous to use. While I don't think that Scott comes off as some PTSD riddled
    borderline basket case, he clearly has been deeply affected by this experience and is having difficulty completely processing it. He is somewhat vulnerable and Emma was taking advantage of that. For m, though, he's got free will in the situation and allowed himself to be talked into something he, deep down, knows is wrong. He can't cross that line.

Still, that's only my line. Someone else has the line in a different place. Others still have no line. They read the stories and, while they might not like the actions a favorite character takes, they can roll with the punches, the ups and downs, and move past it. IMO, much better to be that way with Quesada's Marvel because status quo were dirty words. The boat was going to be rocked, the cage rattled. And in doing that characters didn't always act like they ordinarily would. Me, I was too about the characters, the integrity of the characters. Depending on the character, of course. Characters like Deadpool and Gambit, characters' whose monthlies I bought, I'm not holding to the same moral standard I would Scott or Jean. I can accept Deadpool and Gambit doing things I would never accept with Peter Parker, Reed Richards would be another couple of favorites I would hold to that same high moral standard.
    Yeah, I can appreciate your point of view on this. In fact, I think we agree more than we disagree.

There are things about this current era that don't work for me exactly because of that aversion to status quo or continuity or characterization.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Not with a tablet, I have one of those touch-screens with integrated pen use. I do have some software, Clip Studio or something.
    I haven’t tried all the options because they’re quite expensive, but I’ve read lots of reviews. And, basically, three things matter:

1) The surface where you draw
    2) The pen you use
    3) The software

The surface that feels the most like paper is from the drawing tablets without a screen. They’re not as smooth, so you have more friction, more resistance to the movement of the pen. The problem is that you have to teach your brain not to look at the pen. When you draw directly on the screen, you don't have to adapt to that. Also, the size of the surface also seem to correlate to the precision of your strokes. If you’re using a very small surface, you need to be pretty zoomed out so you don’t run out of space and you’re forced to lift the pen over and over. And that affects the precision of your stroke (but software can help correcting it).

Better pens allow for pressure and tilt sensitivity and it makes a huge difference, especially if you’re painting.

The software also makes a huge difference. Clip Studio is great. I love that you can use vectors and 3D models and you customize everything (including the UI). The stroke assistance is also really cool. I’ve owned it since (a part of) it was still called Manga Studio. :)

I also have one I should definitely try to use more called Rebelle. The latest version brought oil painting to the mix! It's gorgeous! :)

The idea spawned from a very old conversation in Scott's Thread where we supposed what sorts of boosts Cyclops' powers could receive, or what additional powers/skills were implied by his ability. Metabolizing the energy from his optic blasts so that he would gain a temporary strength and durability boost was a popular one, and I wanted to draw it. Then life happened. I WILL do it, but I'm just so critical of that work, because it's not just a simple sketch that I'm trying to put together.
    I’d be happy if he could just absorb some energy attacks, even if he had to fire them back right away (or fire as he’s absorbing). Imagine if he could point at his chest and say: “Be so kind as to aim your lighting right here, Thor”. :D

I don’t know… I wouldn't change a thing, though. I like how simple, direct and clean his power is. There’s a certain elegance to it. Besides, there are so many complicated powers around already.

I'm quick to worry, but I'm also decent at managing it. Being the oldest male sibling among five, and helping my sister with her four kids has helped me develop that skill.
    I can imagine. But I think some people are better at it as a factory default. I have the feeling you’re one of them. :)

I'll look into it, I remembered that Stephen Colbert had a bit about it years ago.
    He did and I didn’t think it wasn’t one of his funniest bits.

The MBTI is actually interesting. While none of those methods of organising archetypes will ever describe you or anyone else perfectly, they provide some food for thought. :)

My brother and his girlfriend named their dog, a girl, Akira after the Japanese animated film. Don't ask me why. That dog loves me though, she insists I play with her when I go over. Oh, and another of my brothers has a dog named Oso, a Bordercollie-mix, pretty well-behaved.
    You can’t tell much about a person if the dog doesn’t want to interact with them. They can be shy or naturally distrustful of strangers. But you can tell a lot from a person when the dog really loves them. :)

A well-behaved Bodercollie (pure-bred or mixed) is something to brag about! They have so much energy. :)

Yeah, an office/library would be the best, I've just been using my very old desk from my school years. It's falling apart.
    How literally? Is it still steady?

That's always been the appeal for me too, once an artist gives you their interpretation of a scene, that's what it looks like. However, I can't pick between them, I love both books and comic books.
    I love both of them as well. They’re good in different ways. :)

Sounds like a whole can of worms that is barely being explored then.
    Well… it became a plot for New Mutants, actually.

There are some exceptional people who can do that on their first try, a friend of mine doesn't let anything get him down, it's admirable.
    I’m not like that. I have to kick myself to stop kicking myself. :D

Yeesh, ain't that the truth.
    The female brain comes with a different set of challenges as well. It’s only fair. :P

All of the time, if I can't get my creative energy flowing, I'll just sketch faces or figures or a prompt from a friend or a study from an artist I like - just to exercise my pencil.
    I just go do something more technical like “hard-surface” modelling.

There's like nine or ten ongoing X-Books, I'd take Scott and Jean leaving the X-Men if they were given a solo book.
    They’re two A-listers and too important for the context of mutant-kind. Though I’d love that, I don’t think Marvel would allow them to be only in a solo book. They have to carry a group book as well.

They could have a solo mini, though.

I'd like that too.
    It’d only make sense for them to do it now, if Inferno reveals something very scandalous about Krakoa. But I don’t think it would be the case. And even if it was, those two are brain-washed or high or whatever. They probably won’t see it. *sigh*

Well, I am usually pretty pitiable.
    Of course you are: you are a Marvel fan! :P

And even then sometimes I'm preoccupied with it, that even though I won't respond I think about it.
    Yeah. It’s upsetting and it makes us want to do something about it.

Well, at least, I’m like that. I tend to try to turn emotions into actions, otherwise they feel empty and pointless and I don’t have much patience for them.

No major Scott/Jean moments in Cable #12, but there were still some quality Summers family moments. And those are always sweet. We've gotten a lot more of those in the Krakoa era and they've been really refreshing. Seeing Scott and Jean function more as a family rather than a couple always in crisis feels like real progress. And it's been good for both of their characters. I hope we see more family moments like that in the future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    No major Scott/Jean moments in Cable #12, but there were still some quality Summers family moments. And those are always sweet. We've gotten a lot more of those in the Krakoa era and they've been really refreshing. Seeing Scott and Jean function more as a family rather than a couple always in crisis feels like real progress. And it's been good for both of their characters. I hope we see more family moments like that in the future.
    I'd love more family moments, but I didn't follow Cable.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I haven’t tried all the options because they’re quite expensive, but I’ve read lots of reviews. And, basically, three things matter:

1) The surface where you draw
    2) The pen you use
    3) The software

The surface that feels the most like paper is from the drawing tablets without a screen. They’re not as smooth, so you have more friction, more resistance to the movement of the pen. The problem is that you have to teach your brain not to look at the pen. When you draw directly on the screen, you don't have to adapt to that. Also, the size of the surface also seem to correlate to the precision of your strokes. If you’re using a very small surface, you need to be pretty zoomed out so you don’t run out of space and you’re forced to lift the pen over and over. And that affects the precision of your stroke (but software can help correcting it).

Better pens allow for pressure and tilt sensitivity and it makes a huge difference, especially if you’re painting.

The software also makes a huge difference. Clip Studio is great. I love that you can use vectors and 3D models and you customize everything (including the UI). The stroke assistance is also really cool. I’ve owned it since (a part of) it was still called Manga Studio.

I also have one I should definitely try to use more called Rebelle. The latest version brought oil painting to the mix! It's gorgeous!
    I think it's gonna take me a while to get accustomed to digital; growing up, I did all my drawing in spiral notebooks using Dixon Ticonderoga pencils and a slew of ballpoint pens. Once I started earning pocket money in middle-school, I bought the good stuff, Strathmore and Pigma Microns and mechanical pencils. I originally got my current touch-screen computer setup mostly because it was too good a deal to pass up. It just happened to come with smart pen support, and I can't remember what motivated me to purchase Clip Studio. I like the software, I just gotta get comfortable with digital drawing.

I’d be happy if he could just absorb some energy attacks, even if he had to fire them back right away (or fire as he’s absorbing). Imagine if he could point at his chest and say: “Be so kind as to aim your lighting right here, Thor”.

I don’t know… I wouldn't change a thing, though. I like how simple, direct and clean his power is. There’s a certain elegance to it. Besides, there are so many complicated powers around already.
    I wouldn't drastically change Scott's powers in the main universe - I'd rather introduce a version of Scott that has this additional ability. For our Scott, I'd just give the strength of his blasts some more consistency, and I'd also make sure to present him as highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat. We've discussed that before, but his powers imply heightened spatial-awareness that should make him even more skilled in combat than he seems to be.

I can imagine. But I think some people are better at it as a factory default. I have the feeling you’re one of them.
    Thanks, I've definitely had to be in many cases, I've learned to roll with it.

He did and I didn’t think it wasn’t one of his funniest bits.

The MBTI is actually interesting. While none of those methods of organising archetypes will ever describe you or anyone else perfectly, they provide some food for thought.
    I wish they had released collections of that show,

Personality tests are fine, but I tend not to take them as seriously as my friends do. Not that I think they're useless, but just like you said, they won't describe someone perfectly.

You can’t tell much about a person if the dog doesn’t want to interact with them. They can be shy or naturally distrustful of strangers. But you can tell a lot from a person when the dog really loves them.

A well-behaved Bodercollie (pure-bred or mixed) is something to brag about! They have so much energy.
    My brother really worked with his dog, he definitely is full of energy but he won't just run around and make a mess of things.

How literally? Is it still steady?
    I think if I try moving it from where I've parked it, it's liable to split in two.

I love both of them as well. They’re good in different ways.
    How do you feel about the use of prose in comics? I think it tends not to work.

Well… it became a plot for New Mutants, actually.
    That's funny, I might've been interested in seeing that, but New Mutants lost me a long time ago.

I’m not like that. I have to kick myself to stop kicking myself.
    Perpetual loop!

The female brain comes with a different set of challenges as well. It’s only fair.
    I can't even begin to comprehend it. I've got enough trouble with my own.

I just go do something more technical like “hard-surface” modelling.
    If all else fails, I'll just read.

They’re two A-listers and too important for the context of mutant-kind. Though I’d love that, I don’t think Marvel would allow them to be only in a solo book. They have to carry a group book as well.

They could have a solo mini, though.
    Let's give them a maxi-series, twelve issues is good.

It’d only make sense for them to do it now, if Inferno reveals something very scandalous about Krakoa. But I don’t think it would be the case. And even if it was, those two are brain-washed or high or whatever. They probably won’t see it. *sigh*
    They drank the kool-aid.

In all seriousness, I have a hard time accepting that this is Scott and Jean, considering they were grown out of plant pods. Marvel and their creatives can insist whatever they want, they haven't shown it.

Of course you are: you are a Marvel fan!
    Zing! haha, very true

Yeah. It’s upsetting and it makes us want to do something about it.

Well, at least, I’m like that. I tend to try to turn emotions into actions, otherwise they feel empty and pointless and I don’t have much patience for them.
    I tend to put my foot in my mouth if I don't take the time to consider my words, so I try to sit with my thoughts before replying.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The Summers family

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Summers family

DadClops! I can definitely see the "gloves are for dishes" thing with Jean's costume here.

Good to see Rachel there.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Havok83, thanks for sharing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    No major Scott/Jean moments in Cable #12, but there were still some quality Summers family moments. And those are always sweet. We've gotten a lot more of those in the Krakoa era and they've been really refreshing. Seeing Scott and Jean function more as a family rather than a couple always in crisis feels like real progress. And it's been good for both of their characters. I hope we see more family moments like that in the future. :o
    I'd love more family moments, but I didn't follow Cable.
    Now that Cable is over, I think it’s fair to judge it as a complete work.

I appreciate the intention of having a book for the Summers family, but that was not it. It was a book about kid Cable, like the name suggests. So, yes, there were some sweet moments between the family but there was a lot of time wasted with Cuckoos and Emma and plots that ended up being concluded in a very rushed way.

So while I’m grateful for what we got, I want more. Put them all together in a book: Scott, Jean, Nathan, Rachel, Alex and Gabriel. Heck, I wouldn't even oppose to add Adam-X to the mix. Pull Nate from his reality too (or have him pull the rest of the family). Throw them on a cosmic adventure or another pocket reality. Explore this crazy connection this family has with energy, life and time themselves. Let them be the royal family of Narnia or something! But gimme more Summers-Grey love! :D

DadClops! I can definitely see the "gloves are for dishes" thing with Jean's costume here.

Good to see Rachel there.
    Remember we talked about having an internal book about the powers? They should have one about costumes too, to help the artists keep them consistent. That uniform can be super charming when drawn correctly. Or it can be disastrous. And since Jean has to be stuck with it, could we have the charming version, please?

While we're talking about Rachel... would it kill those writers to let Jean share 1 word with her? Jeez...
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-29-2021 at 12:45 AM.

Havok83, thanks for sharing.

Now that Cable is over, I think it’s fair to judge it as a complete work.

I appreciate the intention of having a book for the Summers family, but that was not it. It was a book about kid Cable, like the name suggests. So, yes, there were some sweet moments between the family but there was a lot of time wasted with Cuckoos and Emma and plots that ended up being concluded in a very rushed way.

So while I’m grateful for what we got, I want more. Put them all together in a book: Scott, Jean, Nathan, Rachel, Alex and Gabriel. Heck, I wouldn't even oppose to add Adam-X to the mix. Pull Nate from his reality too (or have him pull the rest of the family). Throw them on a cosmic adventure or another pocket reality. Explore this crazy connection this family has with energy, life and time themselves. Let them be the royal family of Narnia or something! But gimme more Summers-Grey love!

Remember we talked about having an internal book about the powers? They should have one about costumes too, to help the artists keep them consistent. That uniform can be super charming when drawn correctly. Or it can be disastrous. And since Jean has to be stuck with it, could we have the charming version, please?

While we're talking about Rachel... would it kill those writers to let Jean share 1 word with her? Jeez...
    They could go back to that everyone-has-powers planet from X-Factor. Scott's practically a messiah there after inspiring them to stand up to the Celestials (which was apparently what the Celestials wanted), and you just know that peace isn't going to just break out after a generations long war of annihilation, at least not easily.
    Dark does not mean deep.