Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default How do your favorite mutants celebrate the holidays?

It's Christmas today and in honor of that famous holiday there's a question that I always wanted to bring up. How do your favorite mutants celebrate the holidays? Do they celebrate Christmas? Hanukkah? Or something else entirely? Do they enjoy it or do they hate it? Plus how do you think holidays are celebrated on Krakoa in general?

Hellion uses his telekinesis to carry mistletoe over his head at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Emma uses the gates to hit Paris, Milan, and NY's 5th Avenue to shop. Then throws a massive soirée at her palace, gifting everyone the best presents money can buy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Do they still celebrate "human" holidays and praise "fake"/"human gods"?

You know what? Screw it. I just stick to traditional the human characterization of these mutants and have nice thoughts about their holidays.

So some ideas.

Nightcrawler: Goes to a church for the mass, sings, visits his favorit "Weihnachtsmarkt" in Baveria before celebrating with who ever of his friends and loved ones are around.

Rogue: Nice evening with Gambit. Occasionaly thinking about offering a new leaf to Mystique and Destiny.

Marrow:. Tries to live up 10+ years of lost christmases in unintionaly creepy ways or letting her hair trigger temper get the better of her too often, before going back to Arizona and just celebrating with the rest of the Morlocks with a "glad to be alive" moot in the air (which mean LOTs of drink, food and singing in the night).
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-25-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Emma uses the gates to hit Paris, Milan, and NY's 5th Avenue to shop. Then throws a massive soirée at her palace, gifting everyone the best presents money can buy.
    She knows just what outfits to buy everyone, and what their measurements are. Still, she likes to buy Jean outfits that are just a size too big, saying she thought Jean would be bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

"On Angel's Wings" (X-Men: Evolution, S2/E07) shows how everyone celebrates the holidays & it's an all-time classic (IMHO):

Kitty Pryde celebrates with her parents

A few faculty members & a couple students hang out at the mansion

We know Logan spends some alone-time to shoot pool during the holidays

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-25-2021 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

The mutants of Krakoa celebrate Christmas for the simple fact that Santa Claus is a mutant and he'd be able to visit Krakoa without sounding any alarms. And I know other holidays are based around religion but I think mutants would celebrate for the simple fact that its a comfort to them or they mutie-fy that religion just how Kate wears the Star of David.

Astonishing Member

Colossus and Magik are Russian so they probably don't celebrate it. Skin is Chicano so he goes to a family gathering on the 24th, eat tamales and drink atole and wait until midnight to open gifts.

Ultimate Member

Kate, like so many other Jewish people on Christmas, can be found at a Chinese restaurant. It's an (American) Jewish tradition! But she mixes it up by going to a restaurant in the Krakoan-owned section of Madripoor.

Magneto also shows up, which is definitely a new twist, for Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    The mutants of Krakoa celebrate Christmas for the simple fact that Santa Claus is a mutant and he'd be able to visit Krakoa without sounding any alarms. And I know other holidays are based around religion but I think mutants would celebrate for the simple fact that its a comfort to them or they mutie-fy that religion just how Kate wears the Star of David.

This would be a great special or oneshot. imagine Santa comes to krakoa and given the collective of krakoa he is able to return real christmas in the MU but it remains a secret he is still a mutant and does his whole naughty or nice list. it could be a good excuse to once year visit human and mutant children.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Jean and Ororo are singing karaoke. Christmas songs, of course. When they sing the ”you” part of ”All I want for christmas is you” they point at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Jean and Ororo are singing karaoke. Christmas songs, of course. When they sing the ”you” part of ”All I want for christmas is you” they point at each other.
    Because i couldn't resist.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because i couldn't resist.

Oh. My. Goddesses. This is incredible work!
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 12-26-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Incredible Member

Banshee's an Irish Catholic, much like myself, so he gets leathered on Guinness and Jameson's after midnight mass. He takes far more pleasure in giving gifts than receiving them and loves the company of his family and friends around a massively over laden table.

Exactly what I've been doing the past few days.

Mighty Member

Windancer celebrates on the 24th and has some Hallacas and Ponche Crema before going into a food coma.

Also, I wish they did more on shots celebrating all the holidays throughout the year. I wanna see the New XMEN have a rocking Halloween, and maybe a Rogue/Gambit Valentines special.