Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Give the audience what they want!
    Moaaar heroic romance!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't think so either. Not for them as a couple. And individually, while Jean has been like the rest of the run (decent but not great), Scott has been lackluster at best.

Well, I've just read issue #3 and my opinion stands: the run so far is okay, but not stellar. It has potential to be good? Yes. But I've been reading way too many books with potential that is never reached and end up being a disappointment. So I'll reserve my judgment.

EDIT: I'll comment more about it after people have had the chance to actually read the book.
    Well I do have to say that I enjoyed the issue mostly because I liked to see once again an actual villain like Evolutionary on X-men books and I also liked to see Uncanny Avengers being addressed as well as the ressurection protocols and Jean talk with HE but I saw your comments about Scott´s OOC moments and I will have to agree, he would not make jokes when his team is losing, the earth is in danger and they just got off by giving Evolutionary what he wanted, that´s not Scott and while I can see Duggan simply having fun with the jokes moments and preparing a revanche on Evolutionary, this still is not in character for Scott and Sunfire and Laura are barely there, I hope he brings the great character work he has done on other titles.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Well, no extra cause, I’d say. I don’t know… it just weirds me out. This is beyond political correctness, isn't it?

I’m a woman and I never thought the name was offensive or excluded the female characters. Maybe I’m just too old.
    Jeez, what's beyond political correctness?

Maybe Alonso thought it was the thing to say? Motivations aside, it was silly. There's no name better than X-Men and I don't subscribe to the idea that they'd want to move away from the name because of the previous films - who is gonna make their choice about watching the film based on that?

The only reason I haven’t is because it doesn’t work in my native language. But the sentiment is the same.
    There's that pesky language again.

Depends on where they’re coming from. If they’re really deep into conspiracy theories, for instance, all the information in the world won’t make them change their minds.
    Well, all we can do is give them the facts and then they have to live with their decisions.

OMG! That would be so awesome! I love traditional recipes!

I’ll trade! I have a killer recipe of key lime pie that made a friend who doesn’t like key lime pie become a fan. Every time I travel back, I have to make it for him now.

It’s just very sweet. I don’t know if you guys like that. Then, again, you’re not boring Europeans, so you probably do!

But if you don’t, I have a cheese risotto recipe that is delicious.
    I'll try anything once, and that sounds good.

Do they count on people just accepting everything? I really don’t get the logic. But then again: maybe there isn’t one.
    It's "canon" so whatever they say goes, I'm guessing that's their logic?

Yours too, because you were silly enough to befriend me and now have to deal with these messages!
    If I can spare someone else from this fate...

I kid!

“(…) gotta do things on my own time.” Don’t ask me how, but we were separated at birth.
    Space-time displacement!

Do you know what doesn’t diminish returns? Good story, with good pacing.
    It's evergreen, timeless.

Bear in mind, this comes from the same people who will argue that the X-Men were, have been and will only ever be a metaphor for minorities. Humans are not minority. They don’t count.

Me? I’ve always seen them as a metaphor for prejudice of any kind, so choosing who can live in their island based on genetics rubs me the wrong way. *Shrug*
    They work on so many levels, to pigeonhole them into only one interpretation is so diminishing.

Nuance? In today’s world? Take a look a these forums. This thread might be one of the few places where you can find it.
    So we're living in the age of black-and-white cynicism? Sheesh...

Most of them were one-hit wonders. Well… two. Let’s be fair. They were introduced in one issue and dealt with, some months later, on another
    Can't have the most heroic heroes without the most villainous villains. This era needs to step it up.

Tragicomic, my friend.
    Do we laugh or cry?

I think I’d still need to go for some rats. But I wouldn’t want to. Poor rats.
    Hey, if they leave me alone then we're good.

Still, blisters are literally and metaphorically a pain.
    It's the worst I've had on the job, but there's a general amount of cuts and bruises that are expected.

As far as I know, yes: he’s in jail as Daredevil. But I’m not following the comics. So I have no idea what people think happened to Matt. It wouldn’t surprise me if they never addressed it in the comic, though.
    Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me either, it's one of those ideas that's too clever by half.

I got steaming kisses from pre-Krakoan Scott and Jean in both scenes where they were together. Want to convince me those are not Stepford!droids, Mr. Duggan? Write some steamy kisses between them!
    I think it's the most scientific process to verify their identities.

I know! Me too… They’re such a great couple that could interact in fun ways in so many different environments… *Sigh*

Marvel is so clueless of the gems they have.
    The only problem Marvel should have regarding Jott stories is deciding which ones to tell.

As if you had a choice *not* to accept some responsibility with Scott as your spiritual animal!
    It's a self-fulfilling prophecy!

You *probably* reduce the chance for the virus to replicate. But infection means there’ll be replication to an extent and that’s all it needs to mutate.

So it is a matter of ratios: in case we’re getting rid of the virus quicker and giving it less chance to replicate, are we still offsetting this advantage by getting too many asymptomatic infections?

We just don’t know.
    And then there are breakthrough infections too right?

I want a model like his, then. Can you ask your sister where she bought him?
    She's environmentally conscious so she did everything organically.

Probably not. I never developed any bad habit from ice cream: I may get sweaty when it’s hot, but I don’t melt!
    This warrants further research.

Then there’s no problem.
    Talking about funny, my youngest niece is ridiculously funny for a six-year-old, I need to remember to write some stuff down.

That sounds like something a first child does, indeed.
    I guess I never thought of that. Well, I didn't take advantage, I don't smoke or drink, never have.

I’d say it makes sense. It’s the language you use the most, right?
    Right, but I was thinking about it and it occurred to me that it's also a language that was formally taught to me in school, that definitely contributed to why I used it so much even in place of my first-language. Kids really do absorb things like a sponge.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Moaaar heroic romance!
    From your mouth to Marvel's ears.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well I do have to say that I enjoyed the issue mostly because I liked to see once again an actual villain like Evolutionary on X-men books
    **Spoilers**

Yeah, he brought a friendly “gift” to mutantkind and Rogue attacked him... Then he left with a drop of blood and helped the heroes with intel.

I can’t, Lucy… I’m sorry. I want to. I tried. But I can’t be satisfied with that.

and I also liked to see Uncanny Avengers being addressed as well as the ressurection protocols and Jean talk with HE
    Nods to continuity are always fine.

but I saw your comments about Scott´s OOC moments and I will have to agree, he would not make jokes when his team is losing, the earth is in danger and they just got off by giving Evolutionary what he wanted, that´s not Scott and while I can see Duggan simply having fun with the jokes moments and preparing a revanche on Evolutionary, this still is not in character for Scott
    It is consistent. But it’s not good.

Do you remember our conversations about Scott that Krakoa tea? Do you get now why I can’t accept this version of him as the real Scott?

I’ve seen Scott happy and relaxed on different occasions before. That’s not it.

You know I’m a clown. I love humour. But when humour gets in the way of characterization (not the first rodeo for Duggan), there is a problem.

and Sunfire and Laura are barely there, I hope he brings the great character work he has done on other titles.
    Laura is getting even more ignored than Shiro. It feels like she’s only there because of Ev. I don’t like that at all.

Jeez, what's beyond political correctness?

Maybe Alonso thought it was the thing to say? Motivations aside, it was silly. There's no name better than X-Men and I don't subscribe to the idea that they'd want to move away from the name because of the previous films - who is gonna make their choice about watching the film based on that?
    Changing language for me is beyond political correctness.

I have a silly theory that behind every neutral language proposal (for Romance languages, for instance) there’s a native English speaker who can’t wrap their heads around linguistic gender! :P

All right, now to the serious part.

I’d heard they were thinking of calling the movie ‘The Mutants’ but I didn’t think much of it because maybe they’d start with a previous generation. Or maybe the original team (whoever they were) were only students and the name X-Men didn’t exist until they’re forced to face some threat. Maybe it would appear as the very last scene, with the reveal of their uniforms, you know, with Charles saying: “To me, my X-Men”. The End. All the comic fans have a collective nerdgasm. And it reads "the X-Men will return" as the credits start rolling.

Silly me, right? I thought the reason might be something cool like that.

But you see, I hadn’t heard of that interview Alonso had given. It really didn’t cross my mind that anymore would have a problem with the name of the franchise. I know.. silly me.

So when I heard about it some days ago, I didn’t know what to think. Was "The Mutants" part of the perception that "X-Men" is outdated? Were they really wasting time with the political correctness of the name when there’re so many more important things to discuss like how are they going to bring mutants in general and the X-Men in particular into the MCU? Would her promotion make this possibility more or less likely? You know… this general feeling of unquietness you get when you feel something isn’t right, but you can’t really put your finger on what that is.

As for the idea they want to distance themselves from the Fox movies… I don’t buy it either. It doesn’t make any marketing sense, as it doesn’t make any marketing sense to call the group any other thing.

There's that pesky language again.
    It’s hard when you speak more than one because sometimes you want to express something in one language but they just don’t have that saying or that structure. That’s a good example of English expressions I’d like to exist in every language. :)

Another one? “Take for granted”.

Well, all we can do is give them the facts and then they have to live with their decisions.
    The problem is that their decisions impact everyone else.

I'll try anything once, and that sounds good.
    I’ll translate it to English. Can you convert it from metric to imperial? ‘Cause I’m never really sure which is the appropriate units you guys use.

Somehow this also seems like the appropriate thread to share recipes. Let’s call this section “Scott and Jean get experimental in the kitchen”.

Cooking, people. There're just cooking. Take your minds of the gutter! :D

It's "canon" so whatever they say goes, I'm guessing that's their logic?
    Oh, that’s a good one. Marinated in arrogance and served like the hot mess it is.

Sorry, the jelly is hungry.

Stop thinking of food, jelly! :P

If I can spare someone else from this fate...

I kid!
    But Scott is your spirit animal, so you meant a part of this joke! Don’t think I don’t see it from behind my visor! :P

Space-time displacement!
    Yep!

It's evergreen, timeless.
    And a rare product nowadays.

They work on so many levels, to pigeonhole them into only one interpretation is so diminishing.
    *Sigh* I know, my friend. I know… :(

So we're living in the age of black-and-white cynicism? Sheesh...
    Have you met the internet? There is a parcel of it right here, in these forums. :P

Can't have the most heroic heroes without the most villainous villains. This era needs to step it up.
    At this point, I’m afraid even Orchis will disappoint.

Do we laugh or cry?
    Maybe we just save our money?

Hey, if they leave me alone then we're good.
    Same. It’s like insects. I always feel bad when I kill them and I only kill the ones that can become an infestation. The others I try to cup and put them outside.

It's the worst I've had on the job, but there's a general amount of cuts and bruises that are expected.
    I can imagine. Do you take a little disinfectant spray with you?

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me either, it's one of those ideas that's too clever by half.
    There will be an event with the two (ugh) Daredevils soon. So I’m guessing he’ll be out of jail, at least. I wonder if he’ll become a fugitive or if the next writer will just completely ignore this mess like they did with Shadowland.

I think it's the most scientific process to verify their identities.

I agree!!! :D

The only problem Marvel should have regarding Jott stories is deciding which ones to tell.
    Yep. How many we have proposed here already when we’re not even brainstorming?

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy!
    It is. And it sucks! :D

And then there are breakthrough infections too right?
    Yeah. The point is that we’re likely to be extending this pandemic yet again by rendering our vaccines less effective.

She's environmentally conscious so she did everything organically.
    Oh, damn… I’ll have to google search, then. :P

This warrants further research.
    So I’ll *have* to have more ice cream? :D

In the name of science, yes: I’ll do the sacrifice! :P

Talking about funny, my youngest niece is ridiculously funny for a six-year-old, I need to remember to write some stuff down.
    And they say girls can’t be funny! Take that, world! :P

Is your niece the kind of you kid you find funny, though, or does anyone finds her funny? :)

For real: I’ve started writing down the stuff my partner hears wrong (and what I actually said). I expect it will only get funnier as we get older. :P

I guess I never thought of that. Well, I didn't take advantage, I don't smoke or drink, never have.
    Is it more common for first-borns?

I’m very square too. I joke about drinking because I love alcohol, but I very rarely drink, really. I mean, do I need to say it? That champagne is still in the fridge. It’s really not a joke! :D

Right, but I was thinking about it and it occurred to me that it's also a language that was formally taught to me in school, that definitely contributed to why I used it so much even in place of my first-language. Kids really do absorb things like a sponge.
    They do. And on an unrelated subject, that’s why I think those first years in a character’s life are so important. Because that also seems to be the case for real people.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-25-2021 at 12:20 AM.

From your mouth to Marvel's ears.
    Waves the wand. Blows birthday candles. Throws a coin in a fountain - nay, throws all of them. And adds one of those:

You think that will do it? Or should I get a genie costume too? :P

'Cause I can always get a Jeannie one too. Of the red, sashed variety if you get what I mean. :P

**Spoilers**
    Yeah, he brought a friendly “gift” to mutantkind and Rogue attacked him... Then he left with a drop of blood and helped the heroes with intel.
    Yes to be fair Evolutionary sometimes helps for his own reasons, in fact he and Magneto tried for many months to turn off M-Day but also sometimes tries to kill them off for his own reasons as well as we saw on Uncanny avengers or make his own version of M-Day as an exeperiment on the mutants ability to adapt and then oppose Sinister from making it permanent. I can buy him trying to "help" the mutants by sterilizing the human race, the fun thing is that this also shows off his ignorance because mutants are born from humans, so sterilizing them also means sterilizing mutantkind in one step, but well and then going away because he now sees the X-men as the righful owners of the planet Earth and Arrako and knows enough about them to be sure they would oppose his gift and him so he left, his characterization is not that bad but Scott´s on the other hand is a problem because he would not have been so happy go lucky with this, he would at least try to do an analysis and see the weak points of evolutionary team so the next time they fight they can have an edge on them.

I canÂ’t, LucyÂ… IÂ’m sorry. I want to. I tried. But I canÂ’t be satisfied with that.
    I don´t think you should, I can see the writting can get better and still have hopes for it but you don´t have to force yourself to enjoy something you don´t like.

It is consistent. But itÂ’s not good.
    Do you remember our conversations about Scott that Krakoa tea? Do you get now why I canÂ’t accept this version of him as the real Scott?
    IÂ’ve seen Scott happy and relaxed on different occasions before. ThatÂ’s not it.
    You know IÂ’m a clown. I love humour. But when humour gets in the way of characterization (not the first rodeo for Duggan), there is a problem.
    Agreed, I don´t like this either,Cyke can do jokes but he´s not Spidey and even so Peter uses his humor to distract his opponets or raise his own moral, Cyke would not make jokes until they are all out of danger and the truth is that they only showed they can´t defeat right now, evolutionary team and he needs to prepare his team for a new fight. This is a problem for the MCU movies.

Laura is getting even more ignored than Shiro. It feels like sheÂ’s only there because of Ev. I donÂ’t like that at all.
    Laura is the most undevelopped character of the team right now, she needs an entire issue dedicated to her and her reasons to be on the team or at least an issue of her using full sentences. It´s a problem because right now her role in the team is being a love interest so most people are ok with her just interacting with Synch even if she almost doesn´t talk but she´s a pretty rich character with a lot of story so yes, Duggan definitely can do better by her.

Shiro is a little better but suffers from the problem that we don´t know how he relates to the other characters of the team, he just appears for fights and that´s it.

This is why I think a part of an issue dedicated to downtime between the team members or them investigating Evolutionary would do them a lot of good, downtime helps us to know where the characters head is at the moment and also sympathize with them, Duggan did this wonderfully in the first issues of Uncanny Avengers vol.3 and I think he can do it for this team as well, he just needs to get off the "monster of the week" type of storytelling because it´s not helping to tell the story imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Waves the wand. Blows birthday candles. Throws a coin in a fountain - nay, throws all of them. And adds one of those:

You think that will do it? Or should I get a genie costume too? :P

'Cause I can always get a Jeannie one too. Of the red, sashed variety if you get what I mean. :P
    Great gifs love them.

Yes to be fair Evolutionary sometimes helps for his own reasons, in fact he and Magneto tried for many months to turn off M-Day but also sometimes tries to kill them off for his own reasons as well as we saw on Uncanny avengers or make his own version of M-Day as an exeperiment on the mutants ability to adapt and then oppose Sinister from making it permanent. I can buy him trying to "help" the mutants by sterilizing the human race, the fun thing is that this also shows off his ignorance because mutants are born from humans, so sterilizing them also means sterilizing mutantkind in one step, but well and then going away because he now sees the X-men as the righful owners of the planet Earth and Arrako and knows enough about them to be sure they would oppose his gift and him so he left
    The motivation for the fight, the fight itself and resolution was kinda meh. That’s what I meant.

I wasn’t really going into the HE’s motivations. But you do raise a good point: he should know that humans give birth to mutants. Sometimes, incredibly powerful ones. The lady owner of this thread, for instance.

his characterization is not that bad but Scott´s on the other hand is a problem because he would not have been so happy go lucky with this, he would at least try to do an analysis and see the weak points of evolutionary team so the next time they fight they can have an edge on them.
    Like I said on the other thread, if asking for him to be a master tactician is too much, can he - at least - read as a competent, veteran combatant?

This is Scott freaking Summers we’re talking about. He's one of the O5: it doesn't get more veteran than that. Am I being too demanding, Lucy?

I don´t think you should, I can see the writting can get better and still have hopes for it but you don´t have to force yourself to enjoy something you don´t like.
    I’m trying to enjoy it because I spent money and, even worse, time on it. :P

Agreed, I don´t like this either,Cyke can do jokes but he´s not Spidey and even so Peter uses his humor to distract his opponets or raise his own moral, Cyke would not make jokes until they are all out of danger and the truth is that they only showed they can´t defeat right now, evolutionary team and he needs to prepare his team for a new fight. This is a problem for the MCU movies.
    It’s not just Duggan’s portrayal of Cyke, though. It’s Krakoan’s Cyke. That’s how he has been portrayed in this era.

It’s that tea, Lucy. I’ve been telling you this for months! :P

Oh, by the way, remember you showed me Mag’s tea? In that CoTA scene where they’re playing pool, there’s also tea involved! The plot thickens! :D :D :D

Laura is the most undevelopped character of the team right now, she needs an entire issue dedicated to her and her reasons to be on the team or at least an issue of her using full sentences.

I know you didn’t mean it as a joke, but “an issue of her using full sentences” made me genuinely laugh! :D

But never mind my weird sense of humour. :)

It´s a problem because right now her role in the team is being a love interest so most people are ok with her just interacting with Synch even if she almost doesn´t talk but she´s a pretty rich character with a lot of story so yes, Duggan definitely can do better by her.
    She’s not one of my favourites, but it bothers me too. I don’t like when any character is reduced to love interest.

Shiro is a little better but suffers from the problem that we don´t know how he relates to the other characters of the team, he just appears for fights and that´s it.
    And even his pitch for the election read really flat, don’t you think?

This is why I think a part of an issue dedicated to downtime between the team members or them investigating Evolutionary would do them a lot of good, downtime helps us to know where the characters head is at the moment and also sympathize with them, Duggan did this wonderfully in the first issues of Uncanny Avengers vol.3 and I think he can do it for this team as well, he just needs to get off the "monster of the week" type of storytelling because it´s not helping to tell the story imo.
    Like a friend called back in issue 1, it’s become pretty formulaic pretty quickly. It can still recover and let’s hope it does.

Great gifs :) love them.
    I love magic and comedy. So I love both series. :)

The motivation for the fight, the fight itself and resolution was kinda meh. That’s what I meant.
    I wasn’t really going into the HE’s motivations. But you do raise a good point: he should know that humans give birth to mutants. Sometimes, incredibly powerful ones. The lady owner of this thread, for instance.
    Yes I have the head canon that he actually is completely aware and he was using the old trick of the Troyan horse that´s so like him. Evolutionary is complicated and simple at the same time, he seese himself as the main scientist of the world and the universe so he plays around as if he was in his lab and even the times he does try to help is most probably done as a way to introduce a "variable" to his big experiment. He doens´t see himself as human anymore.

Like I said on the other thread, if asking for him to be a master tactician is too much, can he - at least - read as a competent, veteran combatant?

This is Scott freaking Summers we’re talking about. He's one of the O5: it doesn't get more veteran than that. Am I being too demanding, Lucy?
    Not at all, I also miss to see this side of Scott, even his main fights on Krakoa like X of Swords or Empyre didn´t show off his skills as a leader so yes,we definitely need Duggan to get him back into leadership mode.

I’m trying to enjoy it because I spent money and, even worse, time on it.
    That´s completely fair and criticism is always good to get a balance of the perception of the story.

It’s not just Duggan’s portrayal of Cyke, though. It’s Krakoan’s Cyke. That’s how he has been portrayed in this era.
    Hopefully with Kieron Gillen back we will see a comeback of main X-men leader Scott. he did interesting things with him and Sinister.

It’s that tea, Lucy. I’ve been telling you this for months!

Oh, by the way, remember you showed me Mag’s tea? In that CoTA scene where they’re playing pool, there’s also tea involved! The plot thickens!
    At this point I think he has been sharing his Whisky as well if so, bad Erik, Scott now has a 24/7 job mister, stop trying to distract him, I would take his whisky away from him too but I think he needs more of it to calm down on ToM and who knows what the man is going to do on Inferno, so no tea for Scott, all the Tea and Whisky for Mags. lol

I know you didn’t mean it as a joke, but “an issue of her using full sentences” made me genuinely laugh!

But never mind my weird sense of humour.
    I did meant it as a joke thanks I am glad you liked my weird humor.Love you Maggie Smith image.

She’s not one of my favourites, but it bothers me too. I don’t like when any character is reduced to love interest.
    She´s not a favorite of mine either but even I can see she´s not being well written, Laura is not Logan and Duggan needs to remember this.

And even his pitch for the election read really flat, don’t you think?
    Yes but I was kind of expecting this, he´s not really been a very explored character imo, his country always has been important for him, nothing bad about that, he doesn´t have to change his love for his country for a love of Krakoa, he can just appreciate both and try to do his due for the whole world, I think he´s mostly always been like this. Sadly, while his powers look great, he has suffered from cronic lack of character exploration for years, I meet him when he was part of the X-men from AoA and while I know they are two different characters, I hope some writer in the future can inject him with that kind of characterization again.

Like a friend called back in issue 1, it’s become pretty formulaic pretty quickly. It can still recover and let’s hope it does.
    formulaic is the word we need to bring the unexpected to this title asap and I know Duggan can do it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-25-2021 at 05:22 PM.

I love magic and comedy. So I love both series.
    My family loved to see those shows together and I still love them

Yes I have the head canon that he actually is completely aware and he was using the old trick of the Troyan horse that´s so like him. Evolutionary is complicated and simple at the same time, he seese himself as the main scientist of the world and the universe so he plays around as if he was in his lab and even the times he does try to help is most probably done as a way to introduce a "variable" to his big experiment. He doens´t see himself as human anymore.
    Something like that would have improved the story a lot. And it would be so easy to add. Two thought bubbles would do the job.

Not at all, I also miss to see this side of Scott, even his main fights on Krakoa like X of Swords or Empyre didn´t show off his skills as a leader so yes,we definitely need Duggan to get him back into leadership mode.
    In an age in which all that matters is power feats, stripping Scott of his tactical genius is a nerf.

So even if nothing else was breaking the character’s internal logic (which is my actual issue), why would any writer nerf him???

That´s completely fair and criticism is always good to get a balance of the perception of the story.
    I think so too. When I don’t like a story, I try to confront my views with positive perspectives. I really try to consider other views and be fair. But this issue with Scott just keeps feeling more and more bitter because it’s ongoing and ongoing-ly unjustifiable.

Hopefully with Kieron Gillen back we will see a comeback of main X-men leader Scott. he did interesting things with him and Sinister.

I really liked Gillen’s work in X-Men and Generation Hope. But when I was told of his plans for X-men… well, let’s just say I was happy he was moved to another project.

So I don’t know how I feel about it now.

At this point I think he has been sharing his Whisky as well if so, bad Erik, Scott now has a 24/7 job mister, stop trying to distract him, (…)
    Wait… being the CC wasn’t a 24/7 job? That would actually explain a lot! :D :D :D

(…) I would take his whisky away from him too but I think he needs more of it to calm down on ToM and who knows what the man is going to do on Inferno, so no tea for Scott, all the Tea and Whisky for Mags. lol
    Oh, God, ToM… What an embarrassing book… As a Mag’s fan, dear, how are you stomaching it?

Yeah. Scott needs an intervention: no more Krakoa tea for him! Give it to Mags instead. :P

I did meant it as a joke :o thanks I am glad you liked my weird humor.Love you Maggie Smith image.
    You actually meant it as a joke?

Even better, my friend! :D

She´s not a favorite of mine either but even I can see she´s not being well written, Laura is not Logan and Duggan needs to remember this.
    She’s clearly not Logan: Logan would have got much more panel time.

Look, I want every character to be written as accurately and compellingly as possible because even when they’re not my favourites, they’re someone’s favourite.

I hate it when male characters are reduced to the role of romantic interests only, but I can imagine the role reversal is too infrequent for people to spot it right away. But when it’s done to a female it’s mind-boggling: how can you explain that a writer doesn’t identify this problem in 2021?

Can’t we have something in between the “strong, independent/empowered woman” and the “wallpaper girlfriend” tropes?

This drains my energy… *sigh*

Yes but I was kind of expecting this, he´s not really been a very explored character imo, his country always has been important for him, nothing bad about that, he doesn´t have to change his love for his country for a love of Krakoa, he can just appreciate both and try to do his due for the whole world, I think he´s mostly always been like this. Sadly, while his powers look great, he has suffered from cronic lack of character exploration for years, I meet him when he was part of the X-men from AoA and while I know they are two different characters, I hope some writer in the future can inject him with that kind of characterization again.
    Yeah. I think he has potential and I want to become a fan of his, you know? But I need more.

Regardless of my personal preferences, he’s in *the* flagship now. He’s been around for decades and this is the perfect opportunity to finally let him shine. I hope Duggan doesn’t waste it.

formulaic is the word we need to bring the unexpected to this title asap and I know Duggan can do it.
    It’s the word we need to get rid of.

Formula: monster of the week. Fight. Eat with locals. Cut to the villains' machinations. The end.

3 out 3 so far. It amazes me how insightful that friend was.