Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks for sharing, From The Shadows.

When I first saw this "cover" some months ago, actually tried to find it if was an old book I hadn't read! Unfortunately, it wasn't. But the art is gorgeous. :)

Are they... *actually* talking?

spoilers:
    Or was it part of Mastermind's illusion already?
    end of spoilers

I hope not, 'cause it's cute. It looks like he's chatting her up. :D

Yes, I'm aware I'm feeding of crumbs of background images of side books. I'm that starved of romance from the part of those two! Don't judge! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Are they... *actually* talking?

spoilers:
    Or was it part of Mastermind's illusion already?
    end of spoilers

I hope not, 'cause it's cute. It looks like he's chatting her up.

Yes, I'm aware I'm feeding of crumbs of background images of side books. I'm that starved of romance from the part of those two! Don't judge!
    what is that from?

Thanks for sharing, From The Shadows.

When I first saw this "cover" some months ago, actually tried to find it if was an old book I hadn't read! Unfortunately, it wasn't. But the art is gorgeous.
    Yeah. It is a beautiful cover. Very old school. Its so convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what is that from?
    Planet Sized?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-16-2021 at 09:14 PM.

All-New Member

I think it’s from this weeks X-Corp

Quote Originally Posted by cykecrawler View Post
    Ah (ten chars.)

Quote Originally Posted by cykecrawler View Post
    I must be blind bc Ive scanned through that multiple times but cant find that panel

I must be blind bc Ive scanned through that multiple times but cant find that panel
    It's in the X-Corp. Warren is approaching Andreas and Sara St. John (and one of the dupes is there too, walking behind him). Scott and Jean are drawn small, in the background.

A little box informs us it's 11:40 p.m. and Warren asks: "Andreas, where is you sister?"
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah. It is a beautiful cover. Very old school. Its so convincing. :)
    It is! It made me really go look for it because I wanted to read it! :D

It's in the X-Corp. Warren is approaching Andreas and Sara St. John (and one of the dupes is there too, walking behind him). Scott and Jean are drawn small, in the background.

A little box informs us it's 11:40 p.m. and Warren asks: "Andreas, where is you sister?"
    Thanks and good eye! I never would have spotted them and was beginning to wonder if there was a difference digital and what made it to print (as thats happened before)

Thanks and good eye! I never would have spotted them and was beginning to wonder if there was a difference digital and what made it to print (as thats happened before)
    No problem. I didn't see it first either. But I'm curious. I went back to try to see if I could spot when spoilers:
    Mastermind started using his illusion
    end of spoilers and then I was like: "wait a minute... is that Jean and Scott? Are they talking?!" :D

So, I was looking for some instances of Jean using her tk and being awesome at it, and I found some cute moments of our couple. I'll be posting them.

Starting with this one. It's not exactly a tk-flight kiss, but it's similar to the moment in The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. I think we could call it a "whee! catch me!" moment! And this one ends with a kiss! :D

If you ask me, the world needs more of those kisses. Marvel, make it happen, please! :)

Default Happy Father's Day!

To all the awesome dads and their awesome dads!

I wasn’t dehydrated. And it wasn't like I was sweating under the hot sun either. It was hot and damp, but it was during the evening. We had been standing for quite a while (because we were roleplaying) and one of the leaders of the vampires were babbling about their politics. I couldn’t have moved away (because my character had to be there) and go sit on a place with better air flow, when I felt my blood pressure dropping. I thought I could wait a bit longer because it didn’t feel too bad, actually. But, no… And that was the only time it happened. But it was super fast too. I came back almost right away.

But I’m sure Scott would have found a way to scold me!
    Yeah, that's just the kind of guy Scott is, lol.

It is long, but this interview gives us a better idea:

(Spoiler alert!!!!)

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2021/0...pents-in-eden/
    Cool, although I still think everything would've worked much better if the book had come out sooner.

Everyone belongs to a brand of weird. But you have brands like Coca-Cola and Pepsi that take most of the market.
    Aww man, are we Dr. B and Mountain Explosion?

I liked some aspects of his run. But the overall tone started to wear me down. Frankly, though, if I had been feeling better towards Marvel comics in general, I might have endured. But I was really saturated at that point.

And, personally, when things get like that, I really have to walk away for a while and detox. I mean, the way I see it, if it’s annoying you more than entertaining (or, at least, intriguing you), there’s just no point.

I know that, right now, no matter how awesome it might be, Elektra being Daredevil *will* annoy me. So I think it’s not the right time to jump back in. But I will, eventually (because I love Matt Murdock), and I’ll probably be more fair about the writing at that point.
    I was close to that point with Hickman's X-Men, it's been a huge disappointment to me.

It is.

Either you don’t understand a thing about the character or you have a very naïve idea of the juridical system, particularly because of the way it is organised in the US, in which the public officers are elected (I don't mean to criticise the system, but having elections in mix does affect how it works).
    Prosecutors have their place in the judicial system, but Matt just doesn't work as one. Other than that point, I've heard good things about that run, and also about Zdarsky's. I guess they just both make some poor decisions.

I agree. But when we move from ethics to morals we get into a different - and even bigger - discussion.

And I think engaging in these considerations is a wonderful exercise even if we can’t get to a absolute answer that solves all those issues. But I can’t really expect any of that to be reflected in Marvel comics, unfortunately.

Although, I have to say, Si Spurrier seems to be considering some of those questions and translating them to his writing in a way that won't bore most readers. I'm not gushing here. I'm cautiously saying I see he's bringing some of those considerations to the table and it's needed and interesting. I'm still somewhat worried about what Kurt's conclusions will be in the end. But we'll have to see.
    I can't bring myself to pick up WoX, I'm barely hanging on to X-Men as it is.

It won’t happen. Judging by the last X-Men Monday, Jean is stuck with Marvel Girl…

I’d still read Cyclops/Marvel Girl, though.
    I'd read it too, although it's a shame they won't give Jean a better codename.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.