Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Attachment 110145

And another.
    Jean knows what - or rather who - she wants.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

I remember thinking this was pretty brutal, the creative team made sure to have Emma and Logan in the panel. Like, good lord, have some sympathy.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Nice that he replied.

--

I know... It's not making anyone look good here. It's making Jean look especially bad because, so far, she's the only one who appears to have a lover who isn't her spouse. And why her husband is so okay with it is another point that just... *sigh* The problem is no one will remember that. They'll just blame Jean and hate her and call her names.

Seriously, X-Office, was it necessary? What is the point of any of that?
    The vengeance against Jean for making Scott look bad gonna be violent. because of the movies she got 15 years dead, now I wonder what will be the punishment

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm confused they're still very much in a relationship on Krakoa or do you mean you want more passionate moments between the two?
    The poly thing isn't exactly what most Jott fans were hoping for, I imagine.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Two things:

1) The poliamory makes no sense to me when it comes to those two characters. Nothing against poliamory relationships I just don’t think everyone can be comfortable in one, let alone happy. It’s not a matter of morality, so I don’t see how the idea of “mutants upgraded morality” should apply. Considering what was canon for both Scott and Jean, I don't think they can be happy in an open marriage and since the writers didn’t really show us how they got there, it’s hard for me to buy it.

I’m still hoping it’s happening because there's something actually wrong with Krakoa, the resurrection protocols or whatever bug Kurt had in his mind is also in Jean and Scott’s minds.

2) If they are in this kind of relationship and they are indeed okay with it, I’d also like to see them being more intimate, emotionally and physically (nothing against bath tubs - but I’m actually talking about touching each other in a loving way, like they used to). Some of that old, crazy passion wouldn’t hurt either.
    Exactly, I can't square this away with either one of them. I don't like it, I don't think it does anything positive for the characters.

Nice that he replied.

--

I know... It's not making anyone look good here. It's making Jean look especially bad because, so far, she's the only one who appears to have a lover who isn't her spouse. And why her husband is so okay with it is another point that just... *sigh* The problem is no one will remember that. They'll just blame Jean and hate her and call her names.

Seriously, X-Office, was it necessary? What is the point of any of that?
    There's no point, I think it just tickles certain people's fancy.

It is incredibly likely that this scenario could play out, and then you'd have some overzealous Jean fans throwing hate at Scott and then some of his overzealous fans firing back...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Jean knows what - or rather who - she wants.
    The girl is smart. :)

I remember thinking this was pretty brutal, the creative team made sure to have Emma and Logan in the panel. Like, good lord, have some sympathy.
    None of them deserve any sympathy for the abusive stuff they did to both Scott and Jean.

Yes, I can be this petty! :P

Exactly, I can't square this away with either one of them. I don't like it, I don't think it does anything positive for the characters.
    More than that, if you’re going to come up with something like that, at the very least try to establish it as a mature relationship that evolved to that stage?

It’d be really hard to sell considering we’re talking about these two particular characters. But if you’re not going to do *anything* with this relationship… why even bother?

There's no point, I think it just tickles certain people's fancy.

It is incredibly likely that this scenario could play out, and then you'd have some overzealous Jean fans throwing hate at Scott and then some of his overzealous fans firing back...
    I know… It’s exhausting, particularly when you’re fan of both characters, because then you feel annoyed for both of them. *sigh*
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-04-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The vengeance against Jean for making Scott look bad gonna be violent. because of the movies she got 15 years dead, now I wonder what will be the punishment
    Being spurned by both her lovers and end up crazy/villainous? It's Marvel. I wouldn't put it past them.

EDIT: What are you doing here, btw? Don't you hate the couple? :)

Being spurned by both her lovers and end up crazy/villainous? It's Marvel. I wouldn't put it past them.

EDIT: What are you doing here, btw? Don't you hate the couple?
    I still dont like them, But I can see how writers are doing a disservice to Jean and she will eventually be punished

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I still dont like them, But I can see how writers are doing a disservice to Jean and she will eventually be punished
    And here I was thinking I was starting to corrupt you! :D

Yeah... I'm afraid for our Jeannie too. But, at this point, we can only hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing, Placid Mule. That is so cool! I love his art! :)

I wish he could draw some of the books as well! :)

Don't panic tough, remember the teasers are pretty misleading.

tumblr_ny3fj8T8nw1refsh5o1_1280.jpg

c0888926cccde19f97619d1938354dcf.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well, at the time that story is set, it seems that it is a bigger problem and itÂ’s not just Scott who has it, but most X-Men.
    I think in a weird way it happens because they all love each other too much. They understand all of them are always under a lot of pressure and stress all the time and they don’t want to burden their friends with their personal problems. Here’s what I think is really interesting: Scott is naturally one of the most guarded persons. But he was also the one who identified the problem and wanted to address it. After three weeks wondering if her relationship was over, Jean is happy to just be happy that he’s back. She’s more emotional, she just leaps in as if she’s saying: “who cares, honey, I’m happy you’re back!” And he’s the one saying: “No, this is important. We have to talk. Really, talk: no mutant gimmicks”. Because he understood that, in the long run, this is what is important. And when he tells her that, she immediately understands and agrees to it.
    Agreed he mostly took the initiative to talk out their issues but sometimes it looks like he depends on them understanding without talking but that´s a more modern take on him and in the Krakoa era he´s been very open to the idea of talking even if he looks content.

It was a different place indeed. Scott was dealing with a huge trauma in MorrisonÂ’s run.

The comparison wasnÂ’t about how bad it was. It was about the fact that Scott only gets confused about Jean when heÂ’s emotionally unstable. Now, we could try to think about why that happens. I think itÂ’s some deep, screwed-up process that has to do with fear of abandonment, fear of loss, control-freak meltdown and some other stuff that is really not conscious.
    Agreed

The choice was to let his baby die in his arms, so of course he wouldnÂ’t make this choice. The problem is that he didnÂ’t know yet that he would be given the opportunity the raise Nathan and that Nathan wasnÂ’t Strife. ThatÂ’s what shook him: he thought Strife was the son he sent to the future and who became that way because he grew up hating his father.
    Agreed.

Yes, Morrison came up with a reason for it to be very difficult for them to communicate. And all their problems come from that. At its core, it was really just a matter of not being able to communicate. Of course, this is a problem for any couple and, at some point, it becomes really big.
    Agreed

She survived her 90s uniform and made *that* iconic. Anything woks on her. I really donÂ’t worry about that.
    I meet her with that uniform so it´s got a special place in my heart but I like her better with the gold/white and green/gold

Look, when both parties are insufferable, it can make good entertainment. So IÂ’m all in.
    I don´t find the insufferable but they do make for good entertaiment XD

The things those writers do our hearts, right? To love comics is to suffer, I suppose.
    Those writers are evil, they know what upsets us and choose to do it again on purpose XD but I guess we would be bored if they didn´t do that

Jean really adopts Nathan after Inferno already. Both baby and she connect back at the orphanage, when they first met. And that was before Jean gets MadelyneÂ’s memories, so her feelings for the baby are really her feelings. Louise wrote a real bond between mother and son. The writers that follow just decided to forget how deeply that woman loved that child from the moment they met.
    I agree but I like to remember Nathan had two Moms and it´s important because both loved and cared for him at some point. I hate it when comics make one relationship more important than the other because they care more about one of the characters. They have done it better in recent times but this still can be an issue but mostly I felt Maddie was given a horrible narrative and even if writers planned to have Scott and Jean be together again, I think she should have been allowed to leave with dygnity and to keep her love for her Son at least. I love the fact Jean loves Cable but I dislike how in some writers minds it´s done in comparision with Maddie falling to madness and abusing her Son.

I very rarely take the writerÂ’s point of view under consideration. I mostly look at what it is written. ThatÂ’s how we judge the work from all other kinds of writers out there. Personally, I donÂ’t think comic book writers should get special treatment.
    I do it sometimes because it helps me to get they are coming from even if I don´t quite see it in the story, it´s just fun to me to compare if what they wanted to do it´s really what´s been seen on the page.

That is so reductive of the character, though. Of any character in that position.
    So if you choose to follow someoneÂ’s leadership because you trust them, that means you disconnect your brain and donÂ’t have individual thoughts anymore? Same if you love someone? I call it BS. Especially when it comes to Scott Summers, the man who is often accused of thinking too much. This is just another echo chamber based on personal feelings.
    Well Onslaught was the villain of the story so it makes sense he saw him in a negative way, what put force to his words was that he was Charles suppresed dark half so it gave the reader the idea what if he really thinks that way about Scott? How could him? but well Scott of course has his own motives and ways to approach his personal mission and his caring for people but I guess some fans just didn´t see that.

True. I meant the opportunity was lost for now.
    Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022