Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I never get tired of seeing this piece of art. What a ridiculously beautiful couple. They look mesmerising in this picture! Thanks for sharing!
    Not bad but where are Jeans eyeballs?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Not bad but where are Jeans eyeballs?
    I think she's supposed to be looking to her right?

Werneck also said it was a quick drawing.

Yep. His quick drawings look like that! Talented people will be talented! :)

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Those outfits look good on them. Love how they stand together here. It nicely mirrors their dynamic in other X-Books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think Duggan will have Ben digging for more. The question is: once he gets the answers (if the mutants allow him, that is), what will he do with the info? That data page got me worried.
    That's a good point about whether Ben will be allowed to get any answers but we know what Ben would do.

Invincible has its own continuity, right?
    Yeah, one complete 144-issue run, basically self-contained (although it exists in a shared-universe at Image Comics). I explained to my friend that Big Two cape comics aren't as neat.

And the result is that you get heroes fighting each other for stupid reasons.
    I'm not averse to fights between heroes, but I agree with your line of thinking, it would require a good reason.

Yep.
    They've succeeded in pushing out the architect of this era, so let's see where they go from here.

There’re a lot of people who belong to that group. It’s harder to see it in that case, I guess.
    That's a good point, seems like that group has grown larger lately.

What inspired me was the character sheets of G.U.R.P.S. Heroes. And we we got that one because of the comics.
    Oh, the role-playing rule thing? I'm sure I mentioned it before, but my friends and I played D&D and the character creation was fun. Does D&D use GURPS?

Pocahontas, the character, is so poised and dignified. <3 Those and other traits of hers remind me of Jean. I love her as well as the movie.

Confession? I haven’t watched Mulan. I’d add Aladdin to the the list you made.
    I love Pocahontas.

Watch Mulan, it's fantastic. Great main character, funny, good music, my siblings and I wore our VHS copy down. Aladdin is also good, I can't believe I forgot about it.

Not happening, but one can dream…
    I mean, the Moira retcon has to be useful for something.

Which reminds me, do you know a bit of the lore of Elder Scrolls?
    I've played 170+ hours of Skyrim, but I can't remember much of it off the top of my head. Just a lot of fighting Draugr's and running in dungeons and stuff.

My father had an Atari, then he gave my brother a Master System. They hardly let me play those because I was a girl and I’m the youngest child. No joking.

When I was forced to travel to Disney (I wanted to go to London instead), I bought a Super Nintendo of my own and no one was allowed not to let me play it anymore.
    My sister is the lone girl among five siblings, we never prohibited her from playing videogames - she was just more interested in other things. She did like playing Sonic 2 on occasion, and she did play the GameCube we eventually got more often. In fact, we had X-Men Legends I and II and we loved those games, what I wouldn't give for a third one.

That's the benefit of buying your own things, my parents were very respectful of the things we got ourselves.

You think the X-Men won’t join the MCU or just not interact with the heroes who are already there?
    I think that they'll fail to follow through on some things, I'm sure that they'll join the MCU eventually.

When my mother visits us, we log on her Netflix account so she can watch her stuff if we're busy. She’s always watching at least 5 shows. She likes to have a light-hearted comedy or romance, a serious drama and a bunch of those reality shows about interior design, gardening, cooking, etc…
    Five would be too much for me to actively watch, I'd need time to digest.

Do you go through moments in which you need some isolation and introspection?
    Oh yeah, I love my family and friends but I need time to myself. Some of them just have so much energy.

Don't be sorry, please. It was my lack of attention at fault here.
    I forget that not everyone understands my nonsense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's a good point about whether Ben will be allowed to get any answers but we know what Ben would do.
    We know what he would do, unless Duggan gives him a BS reason not to. That’s what I’m afraid of.

I’m also afraid Jean will meddle with his mind, which is one of the reasons why I’m containing myself and not proclaiming my love for Duggan’s characterization of her (also, “love” is still too strong of a word at this point regardless of my caution).

Yeah, one complete 144-issue run, basically self-contained (although it exists in a shared-universe at Image Comics). I explained to my friend that Big Two cape comics aren't as neat.
    That makes it so much easier to ask friends to read the story.

I watched the cartoon because someone mentioned Atom Eve is similar to Jean. :)

I'm not averse to fights between heroes, but I agree with your line of thinking, it would require a good reason.
    Yeah, it’s something I assume could happen. But those guys are friendly towards each other. Some of them are actually friends. You need a good reason for them to be fighting or they just look childish and absurd.

They've succeeded in pushing out the architect of this era, so let's see where they go from here.
    Probably a bunch of periodic relaunches until no one can stand the stuff they’re creating. By then, if Hickman is free, maybe he comes back to blow Krakoa up.

That's a good point, seems like that group has grown larger lately.
    It’s that dopamine addiction due to excessive use of social media.

Oh, the role-playing rule thing? I'm sure I mentioned it before, but my friends and I played D&D and the character creation was fun. Does D&D use GURPS?
    G.U.R.P.S. was originally a system on its own. It uses D6 and hexagon grids, for instance, and it allows you to play in whatever time period you wanted - not only medieval fantasy.

So, back in the 90s, we bought an extra book that was "G.U.R.P.S. Supers" which had additional rules and powers to create super heroes. :)

I created so many of them! And that’s when my desire to draw began. :)

I love Pocahontas.
    Just around the river bend! :)

It must be in my blood, but I just love those stories of characters who live in harmony with nature. It’s probably why I’m so drawn to medieval fantasy too. :)

Watch Mulan, it's fantastic. Great main character, funny, good music, my siblings and I wore our VHS copy down. Aladdin is also good, I can't believe I forgot about it.
    I’ll try to watch it this week and I’ll let you know what I think of it. :)

As for Aladdin… Robbin Williams as the genie! No need to say more, right? Perfection! :)

I mean, the Moira retcon has to be useful for something.
    Once it comes, I hope it wipes that period out. But I doubt it. Lots of people would be really upset about it.

Since that’s too much to ask, I’d be happy if we just pretended it never happened.

I've played 170+ hours of Skyrim, but I can't remember much of it off the top of my head. Just a lot of fighting Draugr's and running in dungeons and stuff.
    Elder Scrolls lore is so crazy, but so cool! :)

My sister is the lone girl among five siblings, we never prohibited her from playing videogames - she was just more interested in other things.
    I wasn’t really prohibited. I just had to wait my turn, but my turn never came before bedtime, so I hardly get to play.

But that kinda stuff builds character. I went ahead and bought my own video game the first chance I got. :P

She did like playing Sonic 2 on occasion, and she did play the GameCube we eventually got more often.
    I *loved* playing with Tails! :D

At this point my father didn’t enjoy playing video games as much (I think the games were getting too hard for his coordination) and I could play with my brother.

In fact, we had X-Men Legends I and II and we loved those games, what I wouldn't give for a third one.
    Oh… I never played those… Now I want to! :)

That's the benefit of buying your own things, my parents were very respectful of the things we got ourselves.
    Video games became so expensive for us at some point that we’d actually go to a shop to rent the time to play them. That’s why there was this gap between a Master System and the Super-NES (that I brought from the trip to Disney).

I think that they'll fail to follow through on some things, I'm sure that they'll join the MCU eventually.
    Imagine if they finally get Scott right! I feel myself bouncing already! :D

Five would be too much for me to actively watch, I'd need time to digest.
    Well, those reality shows don’t need any digesting. It’s usually a competition between young professionals or established professionals helping or doing their work. She likes stuff like Tiny House Nation, Instant Hotel, Monty Don’s gardening shows, etc... I think they’re interesting, actually. But I wouldn’t have the patience to watch an entire season of those shows on my own.

Oh yeah, I love my family and friends but I need time to myself. Some of them just have so much energy.
    When I first moved here, my partner had to travel a lot for work. I missed him, but I also enjoyed being alone. My mother used to feel so sorry for me, but I didn’t mind it. Being alone doesn't make me feel lonely.

Then I have periods in which I’m just more… quiet. I’m not upset or stressed or tired or moody or anything like that. I’m just quiet… It’s weird and it’s hard to explain. It happens from time to time.

You know what that is like?

I forget that not everyone understands my nonsense.
    I’m normally not that dumb. But lack of good sleep catches up with your ability to concentrate. It was really not your fault.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-25-2021 at 05:15 AM.

The part of the Genie was written specifically for Robin Williams - the writers had no plan B if he turned the role down other than trying an entirely different film.

Just remember that being owned by Disney makes Jean a Disney Princess and Scott a Prince - admittedly a much better one than Hans.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The part of the Genie was written specifically for Robin Williams - the writers had no plan B if he turned the role down other than trying an entirely different film.

Just remember that being owned by Disney makes Jean a Disney Princess and Scott a Prince - admittedly a much better one than Hans.
    But then he - Williams - improvised most of the lines anyway.

Technically, Scott and Jean are not prince and princess, though, because they don't come from a royal/ruling family. But you don't get much more mutant royalty than those two.

Good morning, friends.

Isn't it wonderful when you wake up with a song you love in your head? :)

It happened today and I thought some of you might like it. Here's one of their most inspired lyrics.

Apropos of the thread, I also think it matches our boy, when it comes to our couple. :)

Found this on Deviant Art. I think Scott and Jean would have fun in the Savage Land.

Scott-Jean311.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this on Deviant Art. I think Scott and Jean would have fun in the Savage Land. :o

Scott-Jean311.jpg
    The Savage Land might be *the* place where Jean can get some sunlight without burning her pale skin. :D

Thanks for sharing. :)

We know what he would do, unless Duggan gives him a BS reason not to. That’s what I’m afraid of.

I’m also afraid Jean will meddle with his mind, which is one of the reasons why I’m containing myself and not proclaiming my love for Duggan’s characterization of her (also, “love” is still too strong of a word at this point regardless of my caution).
    If Jean does that, I'll drop the book.

That makes it so much easier to ask friends to read the story.

I watched the cartoon because someone mentioned Atom Eve is similar to Jean.
    The animated series makes some changes, and I can see the comparison to Jean, but honestly, Jean is much more likable. To me at least.

Yeah, it’s something I assume could happen. But those guys are friendly towards each other. Some of them are actually friends. You need a good reason for them to be fighting or they just look childish and absurd.
    Yeah, a thin pretext doesn't work considering their collective histories.

Probably a bunch of periodic relaunches until no one can stand the stuff they’re creating. By then, if Hickman is free, maybe he comes back to blow Krakoa up.
    I'm pretty sick of relaunches, I was on the fence about this most recent one.

It’s that dopamine addiction due to excessive use of social media.
    I think most people would stand to benefit by reducing their time using social media. It'd be good for them and others.

G.U.R.P.S. was originally a system on its own. It uses D6 and hexagon grids, for instance, and it allows you to play in whatever time period you wanted - not only medieval fantasy.

So, back in the 90s, we bought an extra book that was "G.U.R.P.S. Supers" which had additional rules and powers to create super heroes.

I created so many of them! And that’s when my desire to draw began.
    Neat! That reminds me, isn't Marvel doing some sort of tabletop RPG?

Just around the river bend!

It must be in my blood, but I just love those stories of characters who live in harmony with nature. It’s probably why I’m so drawn to medieval fantasy too.
    Have you seen Princess Mononoke? That film and Pocahontas are my favorites of that type of character.

I’ll try to watch it this week and I’ll let you know what I think of it.

As for Aladdin… Robbin Williams as the genie! No need to say more, right? Perfection!
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

Good thing they managed to nab him, as Gray pointed out, they didn't really have any other options.

Once it comes, I hope it wipes that period out. But I doubt it. Lots of people would be really upset about it.

Since that’s too much to ask, I’d be happy if we just pretended it never happened.
    That works too, I guess.

Elder Scrolls lore is so crazy, but so cool!
    My friends insist that Oblivion is better, but I've never played that one.

I wasn’t really prohibited. I just had to wait my turn, but my turn never came before bedtime, so I hardly get to play.

But that kinda stuff builds character. I went ahead and bought my own video game the first chance I got.
    On the one hand, I think it's good for parents to teach their kids the value of a dollar, but on the other I'm an uncle and can simply spoil my nieces and nephew with cool stuff.

I *loved* playing with Tails!

At this point my father didn’t enjoy playing video games as much (I think the games were getting too hard for his coordination) and I could play with my brother.
    Tails was invincible, as the older brother I had to play Sonic, it was up to me to coordinate through the levels while my younger brother was my shield from attacks I couldn't dodge. We made a good team.

My dad enjoyed watching us play more than actually playing, he grew up making toys for himself and his siblings, so he's always been blown away by video games. He did enjoy trying fishing and hunting games, but those aren't exactly popular.

Oh… I never played those… Now I want to!
    Those games were especially fun for my brothers and I - on our GameCube we could play as a four-man team and we could all be our favorite X-Men. Cyclops for me of course, rounded out by Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Gambit (sometimes Iceman). They're like Diablo, if you've played those.

Video games became so expensive for us at some point that we’d actually go to a shop to rent the time to play them. That’s why there was this gap between a Master System and the Super-NES (that I brought from the trip to Disney).
    It took us forever to save the money to buy a GameCube, although I got a summer job in middle school to buy a PS2 all on my own. Being able to make your own money is super liberating.

Imagine if they finally get Scott right! I feel myself bouncing already!
    I could probably overlook a lot if they pulled that off.

Well, those reality shows don’t need any digesting. It’s usually a competition between young professionals or established professionals helping or doing their work. She likes stuff like Tiny House Nation, Instant Hotel, Monty Don’s gardening shows, etc... I think they’re interesting, actually. But I wouldn’t have the patience to watch an entire season of those shows on my own.
    Oh, okay, that makes sense. Serialized shows definitely don't work that way, and I'd say even episodic series don't either, and that's the bulk of what I watch.

When I first moved here, my partner had to travel a lot for work. I missed him, but I also enjoyed being alone. My mother used to feel so sorry for me, but I didn’t mind it. Being alone doesn't make me feel lonely.

Then I have periods in which I’m just more… quiet. I’m not upset or stressed or tired or moody or anything like that. I’m just quiet… It’s weird and it’s hard to explain. It happens from time to time.

You know what that is like?
    I think so, although I also think it's a little different for everyone. My parents used to think that when I got quiet for long periods of time that I was upset, and my friends would ask me if I was doing okay if I'd been silent too long for their taste, but they understand me enough now that they don't really worry about it anymore. I'm a little contradictory, because if you get me talking, I can go on and on, but I also am very comfortable with silence.

I’m normally not that dumb. But lack of good sleep catches up with your ability to concentrate. It was really not your fault.
    Just a funny little misunderstanding.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

YAY! :)

I suppose you were/are busy, but seeing your posting makes me happy. Welcome back, Hiz! :)

And thank you so much for taking the time to write. I really appreciate it.

If Jean does that, I'll drop the book.
    I’ll be right there with you.

The animated series makes some changes, and I can see the comparison to Jean, but honestly, Jean is much more likable. To me at least.
    She doesn’t appear that much in the series for me to form a strong opinion about her. She seemed like a knock-off Jean Grey, but not as likeable or interesting.

Still, as far as derivative characters go, I enjoyed most of the scenes in which she appeared so far.

Yeah, a thin pretext doesn't work considering their collective histories.
    But it sells, so…

I'm pretty sick of relaunches, I was on the fence about this most recent one.
    Me too. It breaks the flow and it makes it so hard if you want to go back to older issues to check something. Argh…

I think most people would stand to benefit by reducing their time using social media. It'd be good for them and others.
    No arguments against that. It started as a way to help you connecting with people with whom you couldn’t meet in real life, but it became an all-consuming force. Luckily I became aware of it quite young and never joined Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc for social reasons.

It drives some people crazy. One of them told me I live in a non-digital cave. I replied I’m quite happy in it and if they want to talk to me - considering I live very far - they can send me an e-mail and we agree on a time to call each other and talk, like friends are supposed to do.

Neat! That reminds me, isn't Marvel doing some sort of tabletop RPG?
    They are.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6492400/

Have you seen Princess Mononoke? That film and Pocahontas are my favorites of that type of character.
    I haven’t. But that’s another movie to watch. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!
    I watched Mulan. It’s really cool.

I love that she joined the army to save her dad, but once she was in, she really committed. I love that they didn’t make her too unrealistically physically competent, but she became skillful and she used her smarts to compensate.

And then there’s the song where the men are talking about the girls they want to date/marry and she says: "How about a girl who's got a brain, who always speaks her mind?" and the guys answer: "Nah".

Oh, I know your pain, Mulan. One day you'll find the unicorn who will appreciate your eccentric mind. Fear not.

I thought the “romance” was a bit forced, though. And I wish we could have seen more of the villain.

Good thing they managed to nab him, as Gray pointed out, they didn't really have any other options.
    They’d have to find someone else, but it wouldn’t be as great. Even if Williams had just read the script, Genie would have been amazing. But he did more than that: he created the lines as they recorded his voice. The script was just the guideline: he was Genie! :)

That guy was so ludicrously talented! He could play anything.

That works too, I guess.
    Beggars can’t be choosers and all that…

My friends insist that Oblivion is better, but I've never played that one.
    I haven’t either, but people say Morrowind is even better than Oblivion as well.

On the one hand, I think it's good for parents to teach their kids the value of a dollar, but on the other I'm an uncle and can simply spoil my nieces and nephew with cool stuff.
    It’s in your right as an uncle to do so! :)

Tails was invincible, as the older brother I had to play Sonic, it was up to me to coordinate through the levels while my younger brother was my shield from attacks I couldn't dodge. We made a good team.
    My brother never wanted to play with Tails and I thought he was too cute not to play with him! Plus, he could fly a little! :D

We never really coordinated because my brother was older and it was important to him that he was the leader, but he was always too focused on his own skills. Whatever I did to help was a plus, but he was trying to beat the game on his own! :D

My dad enjoyed watching us play more than actually playing, he grew up making toys for himself and his siblings, so he's always been blown away by video games. He did enjoy trying fishing and hunting games, but those aren't exactly popular.
    My father is very competitive. As the controllers started to have more and more buttons, the games became too challenging for him and, therefore, they weren’t fun anymore. That’s when videogames lost its magic for him. But he had lots of games for his Atari.

He grew up in the countryside, without any luxury whatsoever. So he was never much into toys. He preferred sports and playing with other kids. He also had to start working really young, so he didn’t get the chance to play as much as he’d have wanted.

Those games were especially fun for my brothers and I - on our GameCube we could play as a four-man team and we could all be our favorite X-Men. Cyclops for me of course, rounded out by Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Gambit (sometimes Iceman). They're like Diablo, if you've played those.
    I played Diablo I and II quite a lot. I don’t remember if I tried the third one… I remember seeing some of the cut scenes, though, as my brother was playing it.

It took us forever to save the money to buy a GameCube, although I got a summer job in middle school to buy a PS2 all on my own. Being able to make your own money is super liberating.
    We never had an allowance. Our father paid for our grades because studying was our job. I actually really liked that approach. :)

But I liked studying anyway, so I was biased. Still, as an adult, I think it’s a good way to teach kids to work for what they want, instead of just asking.

I could probably overlook a lot if they pulled that off.
    Me too! Seriously… it’s like dream to see him finally portrayed right in the movies.

I don’t want to be negative, but I’m getting less and less hopeful.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Serialized shows definitely don't work that way, and I'd say even episodic series don't either, and that's the bulk of what I watch.
    I agree. That’s why two shows are good enough for me.

I think so, although I also think it's a little different for everyone. My parents used to think that when I got quiet for long periods of time that I was upset, and my friends would ask me if I was doing okay if I'd been silent too long for their taste, but they understand me enough now that they don't really worry about it anymore. I'm a little contradictory, because if you get me talking, I can go on and on, but I also am very comfortable with silence.
    You like interacting with certain people but you feel comfortable inside your mind's palace? I’m the same.

Eventually my friends and family understood I’m just weird. Nowadays I just need to tell them: “I’m going through that period of quietness. Nothing to worry” and they get I’m not upset with them or worried or anything like that. I can still go out and talk and laugh, but I’m just more… quiet.

It’s really strange. It’s like something inside needs to realign to resynch with something else… It doesn’t feel bad or anything. I just don’t really understand what actually goes on.

Just a funny little misunderstanding.
    Yep. There’s always something good in a bad situation, if you’re willing to see it.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-29-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this on Deviant Art. I think Scott and Jean would have fun in the Savage Land.

Scott-Jean311.jpg
    Very cool.

Scott, please, put on some shorts or cut that other pant leg off
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

YAY!

I suppose you were/are busy, but seeing your posting makes me happy. Welcome back, Hiz!

And thank you so much for taking the time to write. I really appreciate it.
    Of course, popping back in when I can is fun.

I’ll be right there with you.
    I'm not certain that they won't do this, otherwise I wouldn't entertain the possibility.

She doesn’t appear that much in the series for me to form a strong opinion about her. She seemed like a knock-off Jean Grey, but not as likeable or interesting.

Still, as far as derivative characters go, I enjoyed most of the scenes in which she appeared so far.
    I read the entire comics, and although there's no way to tell what will be changed for the animated series, Eve wasn't my favorite character. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she was terrible either, but Jean is a much character in my opinion.

But it sells, so…
    Yeah, we're in the minority I think.

Me too. It breaks the flow and it makes it so hard if you want to go back to older issues to check something. Argh…
    The way trades are collected by the Big Two don't make things easier; like they'll collect Batman No 1 through No 100 across 12 volumes or something but because a new writer came on board they number the eighth volume 1 again even though it starts with issue 80 or something. That's just a made up example, but you get what I mean.

No arguments against that. It started as a way to help you connecting with people with whom you couldn’t meet in real life, but it became an all-consuming force. Luckily I became aware of it quite young and never joined Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc for social reasons.

It drives some people crazy. One of them told me I live in a non-digital cave. I replied I’m quite happy in it and if they want to talk to me - considering I live very far - they can send me an e-mail and we agree on a time to call each other and talk, like friends are supposed to do.
    I prefer texting for general check-in's (like "how are you") but I'll call family and friends if we're trying to have a proper conversation. I never joined any of the social media things either, they can become harmful really quickly from what I can tell. Personally, I don't like when comics try too hard to incorporate elements of social media in the narrative.

Neat, but it's a ways away.

I haven’t. But that’s another movie to watch. Thanks for the suggestion.
    It's a Japanese animated film, it's full of interesting ideas. Really made me think as a kid.

I watched Mulan. It’s really cool.

I love that she joined the army to save her dad, but once she was in, she really committed. I love that they didn’t make her too unrealistically physically competent, but she became skillful and she used her smarts to compensate.

And then there’s the song where the men are talking about the girls they want to date/marry and she says: "How about a girl who's got a brain, who always speaks her mind?" and the guys answer: "Nah".

Oh, I know your pain, Mulan. One day you'll find the unicorn who will appreciate your eccentric mind. Fear not.

I thought the “romance” was a bit forced, though. And I wish we could have seen more of the villain.
    I'm glad you liked it, and yeah the romance wasn't great, but it was very background to me, it served its purpose. Everything else you touched on though was totally on point, I couldn't agree with you more. As a kid, I thought the villain was meant to be more a force of nature, I mean he walked away from an avalanche. I thought "she's gonna have to blow him up, there's nothing else left".

They’d have to find someone else, but it wouldn’t be as great. Even if Williams had just read the script, Genie would have been amazing. But he did more than that: he created the lines as they recorded his voice. The script was just the guideline: he was Genie!

That guy was so ludicrously talented! He could play anything.
    He was such a creative and talented guy, I've loved him in pretty much everything he's been in.

Beggars can’t be choosers and all that…
    We are paying customers though, when the time comes to walk away, that's what I'll do.

I haven’t either, but people say Morrowind is even better than Oblivion as well.
    That trend doesn't bode well for the sixth entry.

It’s in your right as an uncle to do so!
    I think it's a requirement, in the job description.

My brother never wanted to play with Tails and I thought he was too cute not to play with him! Plus, he could fly a little!

We never really coordinated because my brother was older and it was important to him that he was the leader, but he was always too focused on his own skills. Whatever I did to help was a plus, but he was trying to beat the game on his own!
    I think most older brothers are like that, I know I was. I was better at pretty much every type of game for a long time (we're pretty competitive skills-wise now) and then we discovered skateboard games like Tony Hawk and I never beat my younger siblings at those even once. I don't know what it is, they're invincible at those.

My father is very competitive. As the controllers started to have more and more buttons, the games became too challenging for him and, therefore, they weren’t fun anymore. That’s when videogames lost its magic for him. But he had lots of games for his Atari.

He grew up in the countryside, without any luxury whatsoever. So he was never much into toys. He preferred sports and playing with other kids. He also had to start working really young, so he didn’t get the chance to play as much as he’d have wanted.
    Yeah, my dad eventually played sports for fun, although he still made toys for his younger siblings - and he also started working young. Me too, in fact, I cut lawns and did menial tasks to save money for things, although it was only for personal stuff; unlike my dad, I never had to work to provide for my family, at least in my childhood.

I played Diablo I and II quite a lot. I don’t remember if I tried the third one… I remember seeing some of the cut scenes, though, as my brother was playing it.
    I didn't think III was as good, but I haven't played that series much. Still, there's a point-of-reference for the X-Men Legends games.

We never had an allowance. Our father paid for our grades because studying was our job. I actually really liked that approach.

But I liked studying anyway, so I was biased. Still, as an adult, I think it’s a good way to teach kids to work for what they want, instead of just asking.
    Oh yeah, no allowance for us either, summer jobs if we wanted something besides clothes. I've also always liked studying/learning, English and History were my best/favorite subjects.

Me too! Seriously… it’s like dream to see him finally portrayed right in the movies.

I don’t want to be negative, but I’m getting less and less hopeful.
    The odds aren't on our side, but who knows? Still, they're taking their sweet time.

I agree. That’s why two shows are good enough for me.
    Two is a good number.

You like interacting with certain people but you feel comfortable inside your mind's palace? I’m the same.

Eventually my friends and family understood I’m just weird. Nowadays I just need to tell them: “I’m going through that period of quietness. Nothing to worry” and they get I’m not upset with them or worried or anything like that. I can still go out and talk and laugh, but I’m just more… quiet.

It’s really strange. It’s like something inside needs to realign to resynch with something else… It doesn’t feel bad or anything. I just don’t really understand what actually goes on.
    Absolutely, and also, for me, it's like I have a persona to use with strangers since they might not be comfortable around me and since I don't know their likes and dislikes - but that takes up "energy". The more I interact with people who don't know me, the more I need to spend time to myself "recharging", if that makes sense. It's tough to put into words. My friends and family know me, they don't worry if I've been quiet for a long time, but coworkers and strangers might get the wrong idea about my mood if I don't interact with them regularly. I've had people ask me if I'm upset with them after not talking to them for an hour or two.

Yep. There’s always something good in a bad situation, if you’re willing to see it.
    Plus you gotta be able to laugh at yourself, I do it all the time.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Of course, popping back in when I can is fun.
    I’m glad you think so. :)

I'm not certain that they won't do this, otherwise I wouldn't entertain the possibility.
    Yeah… And I’ve seen Duggan doing some little (and not so little) abuses when it comes to her power already. So I’m worried.

There’s a reason I’m being cautious with his characterization of her.

I read the entire comics, and although there's no way to tell what will be changed for the animated series, Eve wasn't my favorite character. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she was terrible either, but Jean is a much character in my opinion.
    Marvel is not the only one who has Jean-derivatives, after all. But, regardless of who is the original, derivative characters very rarely are as interesting (let alone better) than the originals.

Yeah, we're in the minority I think.
    On that and other personal tastes/perspectives, I’m afraid.

The way trades are collected by the Big Two don't make things easier; like they'll collect Batman No 1 through No 100 across 12 volumes or something but because a new writer came on board they number the eighth volume 1 again even though it starts with issue 80 or something. That's just a made up example, but you get what I mean.
    I do. It’s a mess. Then they think continuity is to blame for the difficulty in getting new readers in. It’s part of it, but it’s not the most difficult part.

I prefer texting for general check-in's (like "how are you") but I'll call family and friends if we're trying to have a proper conversation.
    Sure, I get that. The problem is that nowadays people want to send you a non-personal quick message or a silly picture they’re sharing with their entire contact list and call it interaction.

Who am I to judge if they think it counts?

But, for me? Nope. It doesn’t. I don’t want to spend my precious time with those shallow interactions.

I never joined any of the social media things either, they can become harmful really quickly from what I can tell. Personally, I don't like when comics try too hard to incorporate elements of social media in the narrative.
    I don’t like it either, for many reasons. One is that it dates the story. But more importantly, it looks boring. It’s part of modern life so I’m okay if it’s portrayed sparingly when it seems appropriate to the narrative.

Neat, but it's a ways away.
    And they might release it too soon to be successful.

It's a Japanese animated film, it's full of interesting ideas. Really made me think as a kid.
    I watched it this weekend! :)

So, as most Japanese stories, you kinda have to just shrug and adapt to their way of telling a story. Their narratives aren’t as scrutinized for logic as the Western ones, I suppose. Some stuff will happen because it will happen and you have to be okay with it.

I liked it. I love everything related to enchanted forests and their spirits, so I’m biased.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. :)

I'm glad you liked it, and yeah the romance wasn't great, but it was very background to me, it served its purpose.
    That’s the thing… I didn’t see what was the purpose of it. Okay, she had a crush on him. But he didn’t and then the emperor tells him to go after her. He goes. And that’s it.

In my opinion, that’s a movie that could have gone without it.

I don’t think it “weakens” Mulan or anything. I really dislike this current notion about the Disney “princesses” anyway. But, in the context of the film, the romance really wasn’t needed.

Everything else you touched on though was totally on point, I couldn't agree with you more. As a kid, I thought the villain was meant to be more a force of nature, I mean he walked away from an avalanche. I thought "she's gonna have to blow him up, there's nothing else left".
    Yeah. He’s really badass! He feels really threatening. I really wished he had shown up more.

He was such a creative and talented guy, I've loved him in pretty much everything he's been in.
    Me too. Dead Poets Society is one of my favourite movies ever.

When I was a teenager, I wanted to form my own group. I tried to convince some friends to go read poetry on the beach. No one wanted, though. :P

I know. I was even weirder than I am now. :P

We are paying customers though, when the time comes to walk away, that's what I'll do.
    Yeah. I’m not sure if I’ll be reading them next year. My patience is running low and I hunger for something meaningful from those stories.

That trend doesn't bode well for the sixth entry.
    Nope. For what I heard, they keep dumbing the newer games down, both in storytelling and gameplay.

I think it's a requirement, in the job description.
    Yes. It’s like grandparents: I defend their right to spoil and corrupt their grandchildren! :D

Raising and teaching is the responsibility of the parents.

I think most older brothers are like that, I know I was. I was better at pretty much every type of game for a long time (we're pretty competitive skills-wise now) and then we discovered skateboard games like Tony Hawk and I never beat my younger siblings at those even once. I don't know what it is, they're invincible at those.
    I wasn’t really bad at it. My brother was more skillful, but I was more tactful. I could usually identify what were were doing wrong when we got stuck. But he’d only accept trying it when he got frustrated he couldn’t beat it with his skill alone. With time that changed, though. He’d accept my suggestions even when I wasn’t playing the game (because it was a 1-player game or something). :)

Yeah, my dad eventually played sports for fun, although he still made toys for his younger siblings - and he also started working young. Me too, in fact, I cut lawns and did menial tasks to save money for things, although it was only for personal stuff; unlike my dad, I never had to work to provide for my family, at least in my childhood.
    Me neither. My brother and I substituted for his secretary a couple of times when she’d go on vacations. And I did some other little things for extra money too. But I wouldn’t even be allowed legally to work like he did when he was young.

I didn't think III was as good, but I haven't played that series much. Still, there's a point-of-reference for the X-Men Legends games.
    That seems really cool. Like I said: now I really want to play it. :)

Oh yeah, no allowance for us either, summer jobs if we wanted something besides clothes. I've also always liked studying/learning, English and History were my best/favorite subjects.
    I know this will make me sound even more like a nerd than I probably do already but I really liked learning all subjects at school. My favourites were Maths (especially geometry), Physics, Chemistry and Biology, though.

The odds aren't on our side, but who knows? Still, they're taking their sweet time.
    Considering the pandemic, maybe it’s not a bad thigh. I’d really like to watch the MCU X-Men movies in the cinema.

Two is a good number.
    I’d be happy with one. But sometimes my head is too tired for anything other than TV and my partner is busy. That’s when I watch the other series. Or if we happen to have a meal on different time.

Absolutely, and also, for me, it's like I have a persona to use with strangers since they might not be comfortable around me and since I don't know their likes and dislikes - but that takes up "energy".
    Everyone wears those social masks around strangers and co-workers. We need it to be functional in society. Doing that feels heavier for certain people,though.

The more I interact with people who don't know me, the more I need to spend time to myself "recharging", if that makes sense. It's tough to put into words.
    I got it. I feel the same way.

My friends and family know me, they don't worry if I've been quiet for a long time, but coworkers and strangers might get the wrong idea about my mood if I don't interact with them regularly. I've had people ask me if I'm upset with them after not talking to them for an hour or two.
    You must be my twin brother! :D

Something like that has happened to me too! :)

It’s happened enough for me not to find it absurd anymore, but it always come as a surprise. Like… why do you equate silence with being upset? When I’m upset, you don’t have to wonder. You know. And most likely because I’ll be the one informing you out of weird sense of fairness. :D

Plus you gotta be able to laugh at yourself, I do it all the time.
    Oh, yeah. It’s a survival mechanism when you’re part of the weird ones. Either you learn to do it or you get really depressed. :)