Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but even Sinister always had a deeper motive, like his whole plan with Scott and Jean or even Lorna and Havok so I think him being an ally of orchis makes perfect sense with his behavoir on Krakoa.
    Does it? How?

Yes but I think in general has become a problem even before this era. I gets better on the next stage after inferno.
    I don't know... We’ll have mostly the same writers on the books and even less pressure to move those plots. I think if anything those stories will get even more “decompressed” and then the writer will have to wrap everything up in a hurry because of poor sales.

I agree but I also think Old Charles would see Krakoa Charles as a menace and a danger and I can see him attacking preevently imo.
    This one actually got me thinking, Lucy.

My first reaction was to say: “but he’d have to see Krakoa Charles as a bigger menace than he seems to be”. But then I thought: “but because Krakoa Charles is a version of himself, wouldn’t it necessarily affect his judgement?”

So I guess you have a point there, my friend. Our conclusion seems to be the same, but I don’t know if our thought process to get there was similar.

Ouch :P
    You asked for it! :D

I even had to get my bottle back while you weren’t looking.

Agreed this is why I am looking forward to see them attack together Orchis, If they are going to be taken down as Krakoa´s leaders, it would be a nice sendoff for them imo. To see them go all badass together and completely destroy that sentinel factory.
    What do you think of spending some days in Antarctica until we cool down? If we go to the pole, we shouldn’t endanger the whole planet. Plus, penguins! :)

Still, the writers have not been clear about this ban because family as a whole was allowed there, I honestly don´t think they have it clear either and no comic has been specific about the limits or the ban and after Magneto gave refuge to those people during King in Black on Island M, which is an extension of Krakoa already, I am sure some changes had to be introduced already but I am not hopeful we will see them address them.
    Petit détail, right? Those asylum seekers were not allowed in Krakoa itself. What does that tell you, Lucy?

I think sometimes Hickman and other writers like to do something different to old school super heroics stories but this often clashes with what they end up doing and the character themselves. The X-men are supposed to be heros even if you want to write them more on the nuanced, grey zone area, it must be left clear who they are.
    Exactly. There’s space for books like X-Force. But the flagship is about heroics because the X-Men are heroes. Period.

Agreed, there are a lot of hidden gems on the older comics.
    And even the mediocre ones, in my opinion, are so much better than the stuff we’re getting nowadays.

Me too :P
    Total guilt pleasure of the heart:

I know it’s cheesy and over the top (the thunder sound effects - my God!) but it’s unapologetically so and I can’t resist it!!!

Besides, I really love the uniqueness of her voice.

Lol I know but she ended on good terms with Charles and her perspective is really interesting considering the whole fight with the sentinels and the phalanx.
    I don’t disagree with you and I know it’s not rational, but she’s a character I’ll be glad if they forget it ever existed.

I think only time will tell. So far I suspect Scott is going to become captain Krakoa to stop Urich from getting more infornation on the X-men ressurrection process. SO I don´t know if they are going to be the same but definitely they will have different problems.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5731499

This has been my feeling from the moment we got the first look on Captain Krakoa. I think there will be 2 Scott running around and the current one will die and they won’t ressurect him because they are not clones, really, but the same man with a different set of memories.

Then eventually Captain Krakoa will die and both Scotts will merge because Cerebro is most likely not going to have separate back-ups.

In other words, it will be a mess and there’s a high chance I’ll drop X-Men too.

Agreed the problem I guess is that writers and fans don´t always agree on what´s considered good characterization and motivation, because they see the characters in a different way.
    Yeah. Because most of them don’t actually do their homework and read those stories again as writers, not fans.

I did :o
    I know. :P

Probably, I think we will not see this change until after inferno.
    Changes may come with this Captain Krakoa BS, but I’m afraid I might prefer StepfordClops.

Excuse me, I need to shower my soul after having written that.

I did the same tbh and I lol then I went nightmare, get away from there.
    The eye rolling sometimes gets dangerous, you know? Eyes have muscles that can be pulled too!

We will, to include everyone.
    Not sure if anyone will be brave enough to come cool down on our pool, though, Lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm glad to see you found another dance partner in Lucy while I was absent GS. We really had monopolized the thread.
    Dance partner? Lucy and I are on cold-tub basis now. :P

I guess the three of us and the length of our messages are intimidating or something. But I have so much fun talking to the two of you in this thread, I can’t really feel sad about it.

I can only encourage other people to join us.

First, I'm trying to organize my messy notes on the tamales I helped prepare so I can share the recipe, but be warned that my mom used basically no measurements beyond what she thought was good.
    That’s awesome. Like I said, don’t worry about the recipe, please.

But I’m curious: did you guys try the ice cream?

Second, I have some thoughts about the recent issue and the Captain Krakoa thing I'll share when I can.

Third, I'll try to respond to the messages I missed soon.
    I’m looking forward to reading them but, please, take your time.

Finally, I've almost finished rereading HoX/PoX and taking notes so I can write a retrospective on it, especially in terms of Scott and Jean. That'll segue into a retrospective on Hickman's X-Men, since Inferno is his swan song.
    That would be beyond awesome. I don’t have it in me to go back to it, but maybe that will encourage me.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I *think* I read this story a long time ago and I *think* it was one of that made me roll my eyes at the milking of Dark Phoenix. Maybe I should give it another try again.

Recently i read Uncanny X-Men #308 and X-Men #30, the issues about the Jott engament and wedding respectectly. And as someone that is generally pretty neutral to their relationship, i found the two issues to be really good. So kuudos to Lodbell and Nicieza for making me care about, if briefly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Recently i read Uncanny X-Men #308 and X-Men #30, the issues about the Jott engament and wedding respectectly. And as someone that is generally pretty neutral to their relationship, i found the two issues to be really good. So kuudos to Lodbell and Nicieza for making me care about, if briefly.
    Both issues are great. Their wedding issue is one of my favourites X-Men comics because it's not just about them, but the whole X-family living the happiness of that day. And by not making it all about Scott and Jean it, paradoxically, becomes all about them, because they are as X-Men as it gets. It was a great choice and worthy of the couple. :)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I *think* I read this story a long time ago and I *think* it was one of that made me roll my eyes at the milking of Dark Phoenix. Maybe I should give it another try again.
    I guess Marvel and DC in this team up just wanted villains of their respective companies to have Dark in their names. Joke. Or maybe not.

I'm really, really hoping that this current run doesn't murder my appreciation of this pairing, but my hopes are running thinner and thinner each new issue and preview bit. If this Captain Krakoa nonsense results on Scott being reduced to Jean's rescue binky yet again I'm done with Marvel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I guess Marvel and DC in this team up just wanted villains of their respective companies to have Dark in their names. Joke. Or maybe not.
    You know? I believe it was CC who wrote that, right? So, I'd like to think there was more to it than that. But it doesn't mean it didn't start as a joke...

Like I said, I'd have to read it again (to be honest, I don't remember if I even read the whole thing because my memories of it are so vague), but the impression I had was being very annoyed by the depiction of Dark Phoenix, even though the prose was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm really, really hoping that this current run doesn't murder my appreciation of this pairing, but my hopes are running thinner and thinner each new issue and preview bit. If this Captain Krakoa nonsense results on Scott being reduced to Jean's rescue binky yet again I'm done with Marvel.
    Right there with you.

I wrote to another Scott fan saying that maybe this whole Captain Krakoa mess could end up bringing *our* Scott back. You know, the leader and combatant who was known for his excellence at both? The one who would have thought of a War School as the CC? That guy.

But that passed. I think I'm back at my normal realistic self and I'm expecting this to be a total mess who will likely make me give up on Marvel completely. If the Wolverine event doesn't do that because of Jean. Or if later Madelyne doesn't end up doing so.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-29-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Before I startÂ… IÂ’m going through a really difficult period in my life. If I write something that isnÂ’t very coherent here, please, let me know and apologises in advance.
    Don´t worry about it, I also want to apoligize in advance, had the flu these last few days but I feel better now, hope you also feel better. Sends lots of hugs to Soul

Yeah, that cartoon was so good in so many aspects. It pains me to say it as a Jean fan (though I don’t completely dislike her there), but I honestly think it’s still the X-Men cartoon.
    Yes I agree Jean character suffered from Damsel in distress symdrome here but on the other hand, their take on Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga was the best I have ever seen on movie or cartoons, it was very balanced and displayed so well how heroic, loving and powerful Jean really was, it was my favorite saga of the cartoon.

Your boy’s impressive powers go much beyond his mutation. Quite a lot of it comes from his personality, really.
    Yes his personality very much helps his character be more impressive, I personally loved how he knew what to say to each villain to get them interested in "saving the world" and how this meant he knew enough about them to be sure of what motivated them personally and how he felt offended on their behald because the heros didn´t recognize they were helping them. Magneto is often despicted as a cold person and is true but at the same time, he gets attached quickly to his teams.

Yeah. This is a good example of a character being challenged when theyÂ’re out of their comfort zone. The fact he made mistakes and learnt from them didnÂ’t come at the expense of his characterization: it would have been weird if he was really good at teaching right away. I think itÂ’s actually endearing so I totally get your soft spot for it.

Jean in the X-Force, on the other hand, was just a bad fit from the start and her mistakes are not even presented as such. ItÂ’s just character assassination for her.

Yes this era of him being their headmaster helped to make magneto human again, by not being perfect automatically at what he did and having to ask for help to Moira, Emma and even the Hellfire Club sometimes, just to keep his students together. It just hearwarming seeing him try to do the best for them even if he himself lacked the emotional reasources to deal with their crisis given his own traumas, it was so good to see him try anyway and it helped his character grow so much, this is why this era has not been forgotten and it´s remembered warmly by magento fans, even if marvel often acts as if it didn´t happen.

I also agree with you about Jean, I hoped she could be challenged in a similar way by being on X-force but you are right the story wasn´t made for that and Percy really got on my nerves for written her as just one of Logan´s girlfriends, it was a waste of her character there even if I liked some panels of her time there.

Can we agree that Mags won the “who wore it better? - cape edition”?
    We can totally, the artist really wanted his cape to look spectacular for the meeting and Victor has to deal with second place, that´s what he gets for doing a projection of himself instead of going personally to the meeting :P imo what Paris and Sinister don´t get about capes is that they can be spectacular and at the same time, very simple.

Other than yourself, who would you pick as MagÂ’s spouse? Isca? Would you really do that to him?

I kinda wanna see her carrying him inside the house now. :P
    Lol I don´t know, that seems more like Bei and Doug style, not Magnus and Isca XD. I personally liked the possibility of them being together because she challenged him and was not afraid of his "Darkside" in fact she can be even more extreme than him but I agree they may have too many cultural differences. I have a problem in looking for a partner for him because the ones I like are already married, like Ororo and Medusa or dead like Gabrielle Haller. In general I think he needs someone capable of challenging him on her own but also is not afraid of his darker side while being able of offering a counterpoint to his povs. So far not a lot of MU character have those characteristics so my only hope is that in the future they write him someone with those atributes. I did´t like Briar because she went too much into the toxic side.

I like your sense of humour too! Please, donÂ’t stop with the puns on my account.
    Thank you

Yeah. ThatÂ’s justÂ… bad. If you donÂ’t like the character, donÂ’t write them. And if you do have to, be professional, respect them and try to write them the best you can.
    Agreed but sadly sometimes they get the idea that their idea of the character is the correct one or simply use the opportunity to show off why they disliked the character and why everyone else should do so too, it´s not very proffesional but sadly is something that happens. On the good side, Morrison version was so extreme that even marvel had to admit they went too far and have been a little more careful lately, of course with its ups and downs but every character has those, even the ones with a long time solo title like spidey.

HereÂ’s how I see it: if I can appropriate an expression that is commonly used by gamers, IÂ’d say data pages always, always break my immersion so I donÂ’t like them on principle.

But I can see how useful they can be and not feel very upset about it when they’re expanding on a concept that was presented in the book. But when they’re *telling* us what should have been shown on panel? ThatÂ’s when I get allergies from them.

DonÂ’t get me started on redacted data pages.
    Ok I see your point, on the good side, there were less data pages on inferno #2 so that´s something. :P

Like this?
    I was thinking for like Mags being annoyed at being interruped and Charles at first not realising that´s what was happening, then teasing him a little bit about it like on the image you shown while being all: But Erik, you know Earth comes first :P

You mean OnslaughtÂ’s original appearance? MmmÂ… Maybe.

But I donÂ’t know, I donÂ’t want to give that abomination more (dis)credit than it is her due.
    Yes in her diaries she said she had "broken" Charles without meaning too and I guess the idea was that she had something to do with him finally having a mental breakdown and letting out Onslaught but I agree that´s probably too much already.

ThatÂ’s just greedy, lucy.

*Thinks really loud: “Where are you CHUCKles-baby? Tell me and I’ll come rescue you”. :P
    Lol he told me if I didn´t free him he was going to call you, so : Gives Charlie back :P

We might prove to be more effective at melting ice than Climate Change. :P
    If Inferno indeed has a mission of them both going agaist Orchis we might as well admit our culpability for melting antartica. Like that would be so awesome, it would bring me right back to that time they worked togeter on TAS to stop the sentinels.

I actually asked my partner if it was okay to joke about fu**, marry and kill on the forums. He looked at me and said: “wth is that?” and I explained what it was and I can only assume for a second he questioned his life choices, decided he was stuck with me anyway and said: “yeah, sure”. :P

ThatÂ’s how monogamous I am!
    Lol He knew what he was getting himself into and now it´s too late, he has to play :P it´s such a fun game but people outside comics may see us rare for playing it.

I’ll make sure I put a provision that deals with cheating and the bribe the Cuckoos to keep a mind's-eye on you both. Worst case scenario I become a very wealthy divorcée.
    Given Charles owns almost all of Krakoa bussines, you could end with your own part of the island to burn at your pleasure. See, it was a good idea for me to take them

I never liked KrakoaÂ’s idea, but I was willing to give it a fair chance. Two years into this story, thoughÂ… ?
    I think it can be improved but I also agree, I am ready for the next stage now.

Agree and agree.

We canÂ’t say those guys in the X-Office nowadays donÂ’t spend issues setting a story up. The problem is that act 2 and 3 gets compressed in 2 issues. Sometimes 1.

ItÂ’s very hard to make an epic out of this terrible pacing.
    Yes the pacing is bad, sometimes they tell to little story in two issues and sometimes too much story in the last issue. I think there´s a possibility the market has something do do with it, they want to tell the story on short issues but it takes effort to properly close up the story.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Me too. But I confess that most of the times, nowadays, I completely skip certain discussions if certain posters are involved. I just donÂ’t have the patience, I guess.
    I think we all do this sometimes, there´s no reason to enter into unending disuccusions in which everybody will just get angry and without any agreetment.

No. HeÂ’s my baby. No one harms him.

As I said, I like his brooding, too self-demanding self. Which makes him slightly miserable 70% of the time. It makes seeing his genuinely happy all the more rewarding.

Besides, heÂ’s my boy and the apple doesnÂ’t fall far from the tree and all that.
    Agreed lest just hope he gets back to himself and no more intervention is neccesary. I personally think Duggan can do good for him but for some reason his story on X-men has been more about one-shots than advancing the story. I wish we could see the Duggan from Uncanny Avengers of some years back but as I said, he probably is waiting for Inferno to end before advancing.

What would you like to see Duggan do with Scott on X-men?

Yes, of course.
    As much as they love each other, they had a lot to process there. But I donÂ’t think weÂ’ll even see this being addressed for the good of their relationship. It may appear only when they break them apart and it will be poorly handled.
    I hope not, them working their issues out would be awesome to see. I have been waiting for this since Jean and he came back to life.

Oh, come on, Lucy. The thing comes from the WHR. This doesn’t exist in “space”. Sorry, but I really can’t swallow this one: it’s way above Brand’s pay grade, in my opinion.
    I agree it´s convenient but we really don´t know much about Brand herself do we? I could buy her having a main idea of what she wants to do and using whateever means she has to get it. That said, she probably is getting counsel on her knowledge of cosmic entitities from somewhere else.

Yeah, besides, they should show Exodus and Sinister a thing or two about capes and cape contests. Epaulettes are overrated. :P
    Agreed they need to calm down on the cape front

Doom: Ruler of Sol, you say? Hold my Latverian Ale.
    Lol and my Dormammu powered armor. I honestly think he believed Mags was out of the bussines of earth conquering or just too deppressed to keep going so this totally got him by surprise and he hates being taken by surprise. On the other hand, I think he likes the idea of a new conflict between them, he seemed to enjoy their duels over earth without really getting too personal, it´s almost like a pact between gentlemen for them.

It still feels like such a stretch to meÂ… But like I said: I donÂ’t care about her to be too upset about it.
    I think it suits her and it´s nice to see her character being developed, especially since Mike Carey started with it, no one expected it to go beyond his run. It´s good to see we still can see character development for not so well known characters.

You mean the cartoon? I didnÂ’t care about it anyway and IÂ’m pretty sure I watched it after it had been cancelled already. But I might be wrong here.

Anyway, I really did love DDÂ’s series and they could have let Netflix keep developing it if they werenÂ’t even going to use the character for years.
    Oh, I totally agree with you on this, Disnoy decided to end the show just because they could and didn´t like another to develop them, not because they had a bigger plan for the characters or the actors who area actually quite good and that definitely sucks.

Considering what he was planing for Hank to be doing, putting Jean there was not a good idea because for her to be well-written, sheÂ’d become the centre of the story and it would shift it from what people expect an X-Force book to be.

This is not simply putting Jean out of her comfort zone. ItÂ’s way beyond that.

But yeah, this consideration was not made because she wasnÂ’t there to be her own character, she was there to act like a girlfriend who happens to be super powerful.
    Yes and it´s just a waste of her character, Jean is not someone who does whatever her "boyfriend" ask of her and she would not see what Hank was doing without alerting the QC or doing something herself. It´s just a mess so it´s good she´s not really part of the team anymore. Of course we don´t know how Percy will tackle her on 10 lives of wolverine, hopefully she will be more than a girlfriend there.

I think there were actually quite some good moments for him (big and small). And I agree about Carey and Gillen.
    Would love to see what Carey can do with the characters as they are now.

Sure, I donÂ’t like Krakoa as a concept, but if the characters were to be living there, they should at least be written well.

But then again, if certain characters were written well, they wouldnÂ’t be in Krakoa to begin withÂ…. SoÂ…
    I think some would like Krakoa and others would like to do their own thing which would be quite in character for them and my guess is that we are seeing the beggining of it.

I donÂ’t actually care why Hickman thinks itÂ’s so great. I didnÂ’t like that issue because we didnÂ’t see what was puzzling to me: what was behind the Crucible. Again: we just got the rationalization for it but, like everything else in Krakoa, it feels too convenient, too surreal, too soon.

Anyway, I only mentioned this issue because Hickman started with this thing of calling Kurt a priest and his “priesthood” is at the centre of the issue.
    Even the rationalization for crucible never made sense to me so I am willing to forget about it as if it was a fever dream and Kurt calling himself a "priest" in this context doesn´t make sense, in the first place because catholic Priests don´t go around creating new "religions", even Spurrier understood this and that´s why we saw Kurt denying over and over again on Way of X that this was not a new "religion", in the second place Kurt never quite became an actual priest so him acting as if he was is a disservice to his character because he would be lying about something deeply important to him, he´s a catholic lay man and as such, what he usually would do, as part of a goverment, is to try to make laws that serve the well being of the community and in the case of Crucible ask if it was actually neccesary or not and offer an alternative because it was just plain wrong to victimize people already suffering for their loss of their powers. In short I can buy apocalypse suggesting the idea but it was character assesination of almost every other character on the QC not called Sinister the fact they didn´t even try to stop it as the madness it was but we are supposed to buy the characters having "doubts" which is just like, nope, they would not have doubts about it being wrong.

So Way of X ending with a new proposal of hey "Crucible is wrong" was for me just like, Yes, I already knew that, what I don´t get is why you wrote your characters accepting it when they would never do so IC before but I don´t expect to be given an answer now so I just want to go on and forget about it.

]“It is supposed to be” is different than “it is”. My expectations are really low. But I hope our favourites don’t get thrown under the bus.
    Agreed, I hope this too.

Definitely. ThatÂ’s why IÂ’d like to watch. From a safe distance.

But I know itÂ’s wrong to want it, because this is real life.
    As long as things stay civil, it´s not wrong to want to watch. Especially things that do need to be discussed.

Yeah. That issue was painful. Even worse than I thought it would be
    It was a little better for me because Mags and Lorna didn´t insult each other but yes, I can´t wait for this story to be over. Honestly.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-01-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Does it? How?
    I could see Sinister betraying the X-men to Orchis to be allowed to create Chimeras, not sure what Hellions Sinister is doing.

I don't know... We’ll have mostly the same writers on the books and even less pressure to move those plots. I think if anything those stories will get even more “decompressed” and then the writer will have to wrap everything up in a hurry because of poor sales.
    I think it will depend on the writer and some titles will do better than others, I am looking forward to more Ewing Sword stories and Duggans and I am curious to see what Orlando and Gillen will bring with them. Tino, Leah and Ayala are ok but they are not my favorites, still I wish them the best on their titles, I think they just need to gain more experience and I would love to see Kelly Thompson back on X-men as well as Mike Carey.

This one actually got me thinking, Lucy.
    My first reaction was to say: “but he’d have to see Krakoa Charles as a bigger menace than he seems to be”. But then I thought: “but because Krakoa Charles is a version of himself, wouldn’t it necessarily affect his judgement?”
    So I guess you have a point there, my friend. Our conclusion seems to be the same, but I donÂ’t know if our thought process to get there was similar.
    I am counting on it affecting his judgment, Charles is definitely harder on himself and other telepaths than others imo, one of his deepest fears is losing control of himself so him seeing Krakoa Charles with all those mutants under his authority who uses cerebro on his head to amplify his powers 24/7 that would give him Onslaught feels so I could see him attacking him to be safe and ask questions later.

You asked for it!
    But it was too cold :P

I even had to get my bottle back while you werenÂ’t looking.
    Ok, I will prepare mine as well in case we effectively see Charles and Erik going all mission impossible on Orchis base.

What do you think of spending some days in Antarctica until we cool down? If we go to the pole, we shouldnÂ’t endanger the whole planet. Plus, penguins!
    I like Penguins but my favorites are Polar bears, they are so cute.

Petit détail, right? Those asylum seekers were not allowed in Krakoa itself. What does that tell you, Lucy?
    That only close family members are allowed and Magneto didn´t expect to convince the council to let them stay on Krakoa, not that they wanted to stay there either. So I guess it was the best solution to give them refuge on Island M but yes, they need to address the human ban.

Exactly. ThereÂ’s space for books like X-Force. But the flagship is about heroics because the X-Men are heroes. Period.
    Agreed, the X-men always should be heros. They managed to be that on AoA so they have not excuse now.

And even the mediocre ones, in my opinion, are so much better than the stuff weÂ’re getting nowadays.
    There´s always good and bad titles, the problem is that Ocness imo, I could be ok with most of the developments if the characters were not forced into position to advance the plot. It´s hard to care when you know the characters will just act certain way to advance the plot instead of themselves running the story.

Total guilt pleasure of the heart:

I know itÂ’s cheesy and over the top (the thunder sound effects - my God!) but itÂ’s unapologetically so and I canÂ’t resist it!!!

Besides, I really love the uniqueness of her voice.
    This is one of my altime favorite songs, so not judgment from me there, I also love life is life and Eye of the tiger.

I donÂ’t disagree with you and I know itÂ’s not rational, but sheÂ’s a character IÂ’ll be glad if they forget it ever existed.
    I will love danger for both of us, hugs danger. :P

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5731499

This has been my feeling from the moment we got the first look on Captain Krakoa. I think there will be 2 Scott running around and the current one will die and they wonÂ’t ressurect him because they are not clones, really, but the same man with a different set of memories.

Then eventually Captain Krakoa will die and both Scotts will merge because Cerebro is most likely not going to have separate back-ups.

In other words, it will be a mess and thereÂ’s a high chance IÂ’ll drop X-Men too.
    I don´t think Duggan will overcomplicate Captain Krakoa, I could see him being Scott using the costumbe for a while until Urich stops his investigation or is a new character designed to challenge the X-men on their turf.

Yeah. Because most of them donÂ’t actually do their homework and read those stories again as writers, not fans.
    We don´t know that for sure but I agree they need tone down their fanboyism if it gets in the way of good stories.

I know. :P

Hugs Soul back :P

Changes may come with this Captain Krakoa BS, but IÂ’m afraid I might prefer StepfordClops.

Excuse me, I need to shower my soul after having written that.
    Don´t worry, Stepford Scott will be too busy smiling to notice :P

The eye rolling sometimes gets dangerous, you know? Eyes have muscles that can be pulled too!
    I know, we should use protection for our eyes, everytime something makes us roll our eyes.

Not sure if anyone will be brave enough to come cool down on our pool, though, Lucy.
    Agreed, I fear I may have scared them, so I will try to be less direct next time :P

Lucy, some of the threads in these forums are draining the life out of me because they read even more sexist and surreal and cruel than usual… I need a break. I’ll reply to your messages when I’m feeling a bit better, okay?

But something just happened and I think it was too crazy not to register, so here it goes:

Lol He knew what he was getting himself into and now it´s too late, he has to play :P it´s such a fun game but people outside comics may see us rare for playing it.
    Just so it doesn’t look like I’m the only lunatic in this house, let me tell you what transpired while we were having lunch. My partner, trying to cheer me up, talking as if he was my stuffed Smurf (who has a name, but I’ll protect his identity because he’s a minor), had the following dialogue with me:

- Stuffed Smurf: So, mummy, do you want to hear about my idea for new super heroes?
    - Me: If I say “no” now you’ll just tell me later, right? Go ahead.
    - Stuffed Smurf: The first one is called Re-Cyclops. And he wears a visor that allows him to analyse the materials that make up what he’s looking at.
    - Me: Then he can recycle it.
    - Stuffed Smurf: Then he knows what recycling bin to use.
    - Me: Wow.
    - Stuffed Smurf: He has a girlfriend. Guess her name.
    - Me (thinking): Oh, God… That’s Jean.
    - Me: I don’t know. Tell me.
    - Stuffed Smurf: Jean Decay. Her power is that she can speed decomposition up so she’s really good at composting. Aren’t they cool?
    - Me: Yes.
    - Stuffed Smurf: They’re heroes!
    - Me: Can I write this on the forums so they understand what actually goes on here?
    - My partner, using his own voice: Sure.

This is a person who once called the X-Men “Action Men”. And *not* as a joke!

I wish I was making this up. Actually, I don’t. I’m too crazy not to have this craze in my life. :P

Thanks for being there.

Lucy, some of the threads in these forums are draining the life out of me because they read even more sexist and surreal and cruel than usual… I need a break. I’ll reply to your messages when I’m feeling a bit better, okay?
    It´s ok. I understand, I saw that threat about Charles and Jean and didn´t feel like commenting either, it´s just too surreal. I felt compelled to use the "burn it with fire" gif

But something just happened and I think it was too crazy not to register, so here it goes:
    Just so it doesn’t look like I’m the only lunatic in this house, let me tell you what transpired while we were having lunch. My partner, trying to cheer me up, talking as if he was my stuffed Smurf (who has a name, but I’ll protect his identity because he’s a minor), had the following dialogue with me:

- Stuffed Smurf: So, mummy, do you want to hear about my idea for new super heroes?
    - Me: If I say “no” now you’ll just tell me later, right? Go ahead.
    - Stuffed Smurf: The first one is called Re-Cyclops. And he wears a visor that allows him to analyse the materials that make up what he’s looking at.
    - Me: Then he can recycle it.
    - Stuffed Smurf: Then he knows what recycling bin to use.
    - Me: Wow.
    - Stuffed Smurf: He has a girlfriend. Guess her name.
    - Me (thinking): Oh, God… That’s Jean.
    - Me: I don’t know. Tell me.
    - Stuffed Smurf: Jean Decay. Her power is that she can speed decomposition up so she’s really good at composting. Aren’t they cool?
    - Me: Yes.
    - Stuffed Smurf: They’re heroes!
    - Me: Can I write this on the forums so they understand what actually goes on here?
    - My partner, using his own voice: Sure.

This is a person who once called the X-Men “Action Men”. And *not* as a joke!

I wish I was making this up. Actually, I don’t. I’m too crazy not to have this craze in my life. :P
    Your partner sounds awesome and cute, it´s so great to have people who get us and actively participate in our crazines

Thanks for being there.

Astonishing Member

Even the rationalization for crucible never made sense to me so I am willing to forget about it as if it was a fever dream and Kurt calling himself a "priest" in this context doesn´t make sense, in the first place because catholic Priests don´t go around creating new "religions", even Spurrier understood this and that´s why we saw Kurt denying over and over again on Way of X that this was not a new "religion", in the second place Kurt never quite became an actual priest so him acting as if he was is a disservice to his character because he would be lying about something deeply important to him, he´s a catholic lay man and as such, what he usually would do, as part of a goverment, is to try to make laws that serve the well being of the community and in the case of Crucible ask if it was actually neccesary or not and offer an alternative because it was just plain wrong to victimize people already suffering for their loss of their powers. In short I can buy apocalypse suggesting the idea but it was character assesination of almost every other character on the QC not called Sinister the fact they didn´t even try to stop it as the madness it was but we are supposed to buy the characters having "doubts" which is just like, nope, they would not have doubts about it being wrong.

So Way of X ending with a new proposal of hey "Crucible is wrong" was for me just like, Yes, I already knew that, what I don´t get is why you wrote your characters accepting it when they would never do so IC before but I don´t expect to be given an answer now so I just want to go on and forget about it.

I absolutely agree , you are correct on many counts.While individuals splitting off from the 'orthodox' faith and starting their own sect is historically nothing new.I found way of X was not really a deep story exploring Kurt's philosophical questions. It didn't (at least not from his point of view) answer anything. I know there are no easy answers either way but the writers in all likelihood did not want to tackle the thorny issues.So I don't know why they even had a stab at it.Anyway for me 'The Crucible' is fundamentally what is wrong with Krakoa.I get they wanted to coalesce a nation around their whole identity as mutants.However by ritualising a murder ritual to form an honour culture.Speaks of a supremacist/extremist ideology.To say being human is a lesser/debased state is just so far from what Xavier's dream was about that to see him at the crucible was just a yikes moment.
    To show Krakoa flags waving and mutants cheering around this gives fascist/nazi vibes. What is more is the whole subtext is the X-Men or any other heroic mutant group ,is only of value not for the heroism of fighting for their own survival (or even fighting for humanity to bridge the differences and promote unity) but for their identity as mutants, for having their unique powers that set them apart from the ordinary.Does this mean every mutant who lost their powers but is not part of the crucible is worthless? Basically the premium is not on a wholesome individual but just their unique endowment which to me is not good writing. I really find Krakoa's premise around mutant 'boons' to humanity as hypocritical.On the one hand the mutants voice disdain for being like mere humans at the crucible, they then through superpowers and genetic engineering and machinery(cerebro) conquer death by effectively embracing 'transmutantism'- if the term suffices- terraform a planet, give humanity life prolonging and cognitive function boosting drugs..However the moment humans through their own ingenuity make a base on Mercury,embrace artificial intelligence(machines) or transhumanism(OS or the children of the Vault) oh no no no , do not dare do that coz the it's bad for us...I don't want Krakoa as a reality erased, but I feel the writing of mutants even with ambitious attempts of building a nation and culture could be better.That is why the council was a great idea for me because that way all voices of the optimists(Xavier,Jean) idealists(Exodus,Kurt) narcissists(Sinister,Emma) and supremacists (Apoc,Magneto) could bounce off each other and you have genuine attempts at the 'better angels' prevailing over the others from time to time or failing but not being entirely culpable for some of the strange decisions Krakoa is taking.I mean in X-Men#4 (Leinil Yu 'Davos' issue)one could hardly see any difference between Apocalypse,Magneto and Xavier. They were all speaking with one voice which was just bizzare to me. Anyway I know there is attempts at shock value but in this era I find the writing and narrative choices inconsistent with most of the character histories.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-03-2021 at 12:47 AM.