Default godzilla vs king kong 1962

Old vs new godzilla ( Legendary) vs king kong from the1962 movie fight is in NY

Fight 1 base Kong

Fight 2 lighting power up Kong
    Last edited by choptop; 01-26-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Monsterverse Godzilla is a whole new level of Kaiju.

I like Showa Godzilla. A lot even. But he was less then half the height of this newer Godzilla and like 1/3rd the weight.

Monsterverse Godzilla can take nukes to the face unflinchingly and create city spanning shockwaves from his conflicts. Dude tossed out a tsunami just from swimming quickly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

My personal opinion is the Legendary Godzilla pretty effortlessly destroys Toho Kong even with a lightning power up. He can handle Ghidorah's best energy blasts. Kongs lightning is nothing. He should bowl him over, put his foot on his chest and crush his ribs in 30 seconds or less.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

So, just for reference, King Kong from the old King Kong vs. Godzilla movie is like 45-50 meters tall.

Monsterverse Godzilla is more than twice as tall as Kong, and just generally much bigger.

And like Arbiter says, Monsterverse Godzilla has some nuts durability feats that this old Kong can't measure up to at all.

Godzilla treats Kong like GINO was treated in Final Wars.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-27-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Well Kong did take a few blasts of atomic breath and it did little but if any harm to him so there's that. I didn't realize Godzilla was that much bigger what if we make him the same size as Godzilla is it a better fight?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well Kong did take a few blasts of atomic breath and it did little but if any harm to him so there's that. I didn't realize Godzilla was that much bigger what if we make him the same size as Godzilla is it a better fight?
    I'm pretty sure that MonsterVerse Godzilla's atomic breath has better feats, and I don't think that making Kong any bigger changes anything really, since Godzilla has tangled with and beaten creatures of that size just fine (the only reason the female MUTO was a problem was because she has assistance).

Showa Godzilla's breath wasn't remotely near the destructive force it turned into in later versions, Monsterverse Godzilla's is a step down from the Hesei era but it's still a good deal higher than Showa's

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    (the only reason the female MUTO was a problem was because she has assistance).
    I believe it was confirmed that the Muto's emp effect was actively weakening Godzilla, which is why his breath wasn't as impressive in the 2014 movies as it was in King of all Monsters and the new movie trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Showa Godzilla's breath wasn't remotely near the destructive force it turned into in later versions, Monsterverse Godzilla's is a step down from the Hesei era but it's still a good deal higher than Showa's

I believe it was confirmed that the Muto's emp effect was actively weakening Godzilla, which is why his breath wasn't as impressive in the 2014 movies as it was in King of all Monsters and the new movie trailer
    Pretty much this. MUTO field was blunting Godzilla's available energy quite significantly.
    - big_adventure

Just have Kong stand under an ongoing thunderstorm for a year and maybe he'll win.

Legendary Godzilla could very comfortably take on Showa Kong, Godzilla, and Skull Island Kong.