Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default TASM #58 Talk.

SPOILER WARNING...

It's 11:33am UK time as I begin this post. The issue starts a new arc called Negative Space. I thought it was a good start. Half the issue is taken up by Martin Li free from Mr Negative, well not exactly. The more interesting half of the issue is Peter trying to tell Liz Osborn about Harry without revealing their later egos. Nick Spencer writes a great Wilson Fisk/Kingpin.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 01-27-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Yeah, it was a good begining, the conversation between Liz and Peter was the best part.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Definitely doesn't sound like the end to an era though.

everytime i see Normie i keep wondering what his age is supposed to be? Peter found a good opponent to vent against
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice issue. I think it’s best not to worry ourselves with solicits...they’re clearly out by a few issues.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When was that Kingpin and Kindred flashback from?
    "Cable was right!"

As near as I can figure out, that Kingpin flashback has to take place during the later part of Bendis' Daredevil run and after "Back in Black," in which, as part of an immunity deal, Matt Murdoch arranged with the FBI for Fisk to leave the United States in exchange for all criminal charges against him dropped. It's also around the same time that his wife Vanessa died, too. As it so happens, this also coincides with the beginning of "Brand New Day" so the timelines do match up.

So yeah, this suggests that Harry has been Kindred since the start of Brand New Day at the very least. Though that would also mean that every POV we had of Harry all throughout Slott's run has been a flat out lie, so...

Also, with regards to Normie showing Peter and Liz the Goblin gear in Harry's closet. As Peter himself points out, this doesn't make sense since Harry didn't become the Green Goblin again. But what if this was actually a clue to...Normie becoming the next Green Goblin? What if the Goblin gear was actually his and, in order to throw suspicion off himself, he framed his own dad after overhearing his mom and Peter's conversation?

EDIT: Then again, there's also a theory that there's been two Harry's this whole time. After all, there was that mysterious extra dead body Carlie found last issue.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 01-27-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Nice to see Harry’s time since BND being addressed. The mystery surrounding all of this is deepening.

And by the way, this isn't the first time we've seen Harry's secret Goblin closet. Anyone remember Web of Venom: The Good Son?

--Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nice to see Harry’s time since BND being addressed. The mystery surrounding all of this is deepening.
    "Being drawn out" is more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    "Being drawn out" is more like it.
    It’s Spencer’s story - let him tell it the way he thinks it should be told.

I loved the colors from Morry Hollowell, I immediately recognized him from Civil War with McNiven.
    Last edited by Marvel Wars; 01-27-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

there was a Absolute Carnage tie in web comic that has Harry using Goblin gear to fight off the Carnage possessed Norman if any of you remember it as it came out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It’s Spencer’s story - let him tell it the way he thinks it should be told.
    While I understand your point, I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. I just recently picked up my back issues of Spider-Man that my comic shop had been holding for me due to COVID. I had to pick up issues 43 up to 57. It cost me 90 dollars. After checking the prices, it’s absurd that issue 850 was ten dollars and then issue 50 was 5 or so. The price we pay for comics for a story that isn’t advancing seems a little ridiculous don’t you think?

im sure this isnt the first time a story had a slow pace as for the prices for these stories no idea how to fix that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy