Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

I've not been posting here for a while, the Putsch of January 6 distracted me from comics.

I will say that Spencer's run changed radically with Sins' Rising. Before Spencer did short 2-parters or 3-parters and so on, but now it's become heavily serialized, super-serialized and it all feels like one extended story.

So that shift is a bit jarring because reading Spencer's earlier run you were sort-of primed to think that the Kindred stuff would wrap up at the end of Sins' Rising or Last Remains and instead it's sort of the beginning of the rest of Spencer's run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I've not been posting here for a while, the Putsch of January 6 distracted me from comics.

I will say that Spencer's run changed radically with Sins' Rising. Before Spencer did short 2-parters or 3-parters and so on, but now it's become heavily serialized, super-serialized and it all feels like one extended story.

So that shift is a bit jarring because reading Spencer's earlier run you were sort-of primed to think that the Kindred stuff would wrap up at the end of Sins' Rising or Last Remains and instead it's sort of the beginning of the rest of Spencer's run.
    I agree with this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I agree with this.
    Yeah, that does make a certain amount of sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It reminds me of Morning Glories. This is not a good thing.

don't remind me of how badly i want this book cancelled so morning glories can come back
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

What parent would think their ten year old is stupid enough to hear "we were just pretending" and believe it? Spencer clearly doesn't have kids himself.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    What parent would think their ten year old is stupid enough to hear "we were just pretending" and believe it? Spencer clearly doesn't have kids himself.
    he is a proud father to a dog and a cat, thank you very much

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Well... this is actually perfectly in character for Liz because she’s been doing this to Normie since the 90’s. I read that page and felt like I was thrust right back to the pre Clone Saga days just before Harry died.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he is a proud father to a dog and a cat, thank you very much
    We clowning people for not having kids now?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    We clowning people for not having kids now?
    we should clown on people for having them, actually

Astonishing Member

I have to say, seeing Spider-Man unleashing himself against Mr Negative's Demons (considering how hard is it to kill them) to let go his anger for the Hell that Kindred made him pass through, has given me the chills. I don't know if I should say this is something cool, or something horrific. Either way, this is an excellent chance for Peter to unleash himself without compromise his morals. But even although it seems Peter has let it loose his "inner Kaine", I'm not sure it will be enough to stop these demons. Maybe Spider-Man could cut their limbs (like in "Kill Bill Vol 1") to incapacitate them. And since they regenerate and stay alive, it won't be a big deal.

But you know? There are two weird things in this story:

+ I thought Mr Negative would have gained his own physical form as consequence of Martin Li's sins being removed, but it seems I was wrong. Looks like Mr Negative's sins try to return to Martin Li just like the others from the other "purified villains". And this brings a VERY dangerous problem. If the Sins of Mr Negative are trying to return to Martin Li, that means the Sins of Norman Osborn (the Green Goblin) SHOULD be trying to return to him too. But we haven't seeing them try to return to Osborn yet. So, where are the Green Goblin's Sins? And why haven't they return to Norman yet?

+ I felt really sorry for Liz and Normie when Peter went to warn them about Harry's new self. However, Peter made an excellent when Normie revealed the hidden Goblin's equipment. Why did Harry had it prepared? I mean, even for Osborn's insanity, what's the point of a Goblin Glider and Pumpkin Bombs when you have demonic powers? Another mistery to add in this nonsense.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have to say, seeing Spider-Man unleashing himself against Mr Negative's Demons (considering how hard is it to kill them) to let go his anger for the Hell that Kindred made him pass through, has given me the chills. I don't know if I should say this is something cool, or something horrific. Either way, this is an excellent chance for Peter to unleash himself without compromise his morals. But even although it seems Peter has let it loose his "inner Kaine", I'm not sure it will be enough to stop these demons. Maybe Spider-Man could cut their limbs (like in "Kill Bill Vol 1") to incapacitate them. And since they regenerate and stay alive, it won't be a big deal.

But you know? There are two weird things in this story:

+ I thought Mr Negative would have gained his own physical form as consequence of Martin Li's sins being removed, but it seems I was wrong. Looks like Mr Negative's sins try to return to Martin Li just like the others from the other "purified villains". And this brings a VERY dangerous problem. If the Sins of Mr Negative are trying to return to Martin Li, that means the Sins of Norman Osborn (the Green Goblin) SHOULD be trying to return to him too. But we haven't seeing them try to return to Osborn yet. So, where are the Green Goblin's Sins? And why haven't they return to Norman yet?

+ I felt really sorry for Liz and Normie when Peter went to warn them about Harry's new self. However, Peter made an excellent when Normie revealed the hidden Goblin's equipment. Why did Harry had it prepared? I mean, even for Osborn's insanity, what's the point of a Goblin Glider and Pumpkin Bombs when you have demonic powers? Another mistery to add in this nonsense.
    On your first set of questions, I'm hoping there's an answer to that sooner rather than later, although I could see Spencer dragging it out more.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Latest issue was fun, it's clearly part of the 'Kindred' arc while also kind of being its own thing.
    I have no problem with the slow pace of the Kindred story, it's the main focus on what Spencer is writing, my issue is that there are so many plot threads juggling about that I forget them half the time.
    There's Randy's relationship.
    Peter planning to ask MJ to marry him
    The tablet
    The future device thing
    Peter in College
    Whatever the Ned Leeds clone was talking about when he mentioned Betty (I wouldn't be surprised if the dead body Carlie found was actually Betty).
    Now it's the dead body that Carlie found.

I believe that nearly all of these will payoff with Kindred in some way, but it's a lot to keep track of.
    We've not seen Gog since he became Peter's pet, and I get that we've had a few story arcs that build up to being one big saga, but there's enough there to break the story up a bit with a Peter and Gog adventure.

It does seem like Spencer's run is beginning to start properly, maybe I just completed it recently and it's still on my brain, but it reminds me of Nier Automata where 20 hours into the game, you get the opening credits and opening title sequence and that's after you've completed the game twice.
    Last Remains felt like that, the opening title sequence to Nick Spencer's run.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Latest issue was fun, it's clearly part of the 'Kindred' arc while also kind of being its own thing.
    I have no problem with the slow pace of the Kindred story, it's the main focus on what Spencer is writing, my issue is that there are so many plot threads juggling about that I forget them half the time.
    There's Randy's relationship.
    Peter planning to ask MJ to marry him
    The tablet
    The future device thing
    Peter in College
    Whatever the Ned Leeds clone was talking about when he mentioned Betty (I wouldn't be surprised if the dead body Carlie found was actually Betty).
    Now it's the dead body that Carlie found.

I believe that nearly all of these will payoff with Kindred in some way, but it's a lot to keep track of.
    We've not seen Gog since he became Peter's pet, and I get that we've had a few story arcs that build up to being one big saga, but there's enough there to break the story up a bit with a Peter and Gog adventure.

It does seem like Spencer's run is beginning to start properly, maybe I just completed it recently and it's still on my brain, but it reminds me of Nier Automata where 20 hours into the game, you get the opening credits and opening title sequence and that's after you've completed the game twice.
    Last Remains felt like that, the opening title sequence to Nick Spencer's run.
    So basically, we reach ending A, well hopefully the true ending is something like E, C and D were kind of depressing
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So basically, we reach ending A, well hopefully the true ending is something like E, C and D were kind of depressing
    I was going to make a joke that ending D is basically Aunt May dying, but now I've got the idea stuck in my head that she's now the dead body as she actually died during Back in Black and if we got two Harry's, then we have an Aunt May replacement too.