Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default TASM #58 Talk.

SPOILER WARNING...

It's 11:33am UK time as I begin this post. The issue starts a new arc called Negative Space. I thought it was a good start. Half the issue is taken up by Martin Li free from Mr Negative, well not exactly. The more interesting half of the issue is Peter trying to tell Liz Osborn about Harry without revealing their later egos. Nick Spencer writes a great Wilson Fisk/Kingpin.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 01-27-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Yeah, it was a good begining, the conversation between Liz and Peter was the best part.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Definitely doesn't sound like the end to an era though.

everytime i see Normie i keep wondering what his age is supposed to be? Peter found a good opponent to vent against
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice issue. I think it’s best not to worry ourselves with solicits...they’re clearly out by a few issues.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When was that Kingpin and Kindred flashback from?
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    everytime i see Normie i keep wondering what his age is supposed to be? Peter found a good opponent to vent against
    Every time I see Normie I’m always reminded how “young” Peter is supposed to be, where his peers and their kids seem to age...

BANNED

I've not been posting here for a while, the Putsch of January 6 distracted me from comics.

I will say that Spencer's run changed radically with Sins' Rising. Before Spencer did short 2-parters or 3-parters and so on, but now it's become heavily serialized, super-serialized and it all feels like one extended story.

So that shift is a bit jarring because reading Spencer's earlier run you were sort-of primed to think that the Kindred stuff would wrap up at the end of Sins' Rising or Last Remains and instead it's sort of the beginning of the rest of Spencer's run.