Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    im sure this isnt the first time a story had a slow pace as for the prices for these stories no idea how to fix that
    Do like DC with Future State and downsize to anthology comics with an "A-List" character as the headlining protagonist, though also including stories featuring lower-profile characters that the company wants to promote to greater prominence. Frees up space and at least they can justify the prices on the books since they have more content rather than charging $4-5 for what is still the average amount of comic pages.

Beyond that, Spider-Man unleashing his pent-up fury from what Harry/Kindred put him through on Mister Negative's Inner Demons was awesome, as was Liz blowing up at the seemingly penitent Norman Osborn after finding out from Peter (and Normie) that Harry wasn't as rehabilitated as he made himself seem. Also liked the (genuinely) penitent Martin Li's interactions with May Parker, so not looking forward to Mister Negative taking over again (for good, maybe), although it should make a pretty awesome (and emotionally harrowing) fight with Spider-Man. And Kingpin plotting to gain the upper hand as usual . . . now that it turns out he needs more than just the Tablet of Life and Destiny, and whatever it is, he's willing to throw in with Mister Negative and his Inner Demons to get it. Looking forward to the (inevitable) collision between Kingpin, Negative, the (seemingly) penitent Norman, Kindred/Harry, and Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wasn't Bagley supposed to draw this issue? What happened? Anyone know when he'll be back?

I was going to give up on this title. I had been frustrated with the mystery of Harry Osborn/Kindred that Spencer has been dangling in front of us for dozens of issues. I was miffed that the whole Kindred storyline seemed wrapped up last issue with no clear resolution as to how Harry became Kindred or what he meant with all of these sins and stuff. I was done.

But then I read this title. I read how Pete visited Liz and asked about Harry. I saw how Kingpin was still talking to Harry as well. So Spencer is still explaining this mystery, huh? Okay, I'm still in it for some type of resolution. Maybe issue #100 will explain everything.

In any case, it was a solid issue. I enjoyed the Martin Li/Mr. Negative plot and seeing Spidey wail into a bunch of Inner Demons is always a pleasure. Normie's characterization is intriguing as well. The kid's messed up, that's what I was getting. And it makes sense. After all these decades being part of the Osborn legacy, it would mess up anyone.

Okay Spencer, let's see how you finish this up.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I was going to give up on this title. I had been frustrated with the mystery of Harry Osborn/Kindred that Spencer has been dangling in front of us for dozens of issues. I was miffed that the whole Kindred storyline seemed wrapped up last issue with no clear resolution as to how Harry became Kindred or what he meant with all of these sins and stuff. I was done.

But then I read this title. I read how Pete visited Liz and asked about Harry. I saw how Kingpin was still talking to Harry as well. So Spencer is still explaining this mystery, huh? Okay, I'm still in it for some type of resolution. Maybe issue #100 will explain everything.

In any case, it was a solid issue. I enjoyed the Martin Li/Mr. Negative plot and seeing Spidey wail into a bunch of Inner Demons is always a pleasure. Normie's characterization is intriguing as well. The kid's messed up, that's what I was getting. And it makes sense. After all these decades being part of the Osborn legacy, it would mess up anyone.

Okay Spencer, let's see how you finish this up.
    Generally agreed . . . and you just reminded me of the marvels of comic book time. How old is Normie supposed to be by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally agreed . . . and you just reminded me of the marvels of comic book time. How old is Normie supposed to be by now?
    same age as Dylan at least
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Remember how in the Clone Saga, Gaunt was originally supposed to be revealed as Harry Osborn and then when his initial plan finished, he was intended to put on the Goblin suit and become a newer and stronger Green Goblin? That's what's going to happen here with Kindred, I'm calling it. He's probably angry because he was in Heaven, but OMD let Mephisto take his soul to Hell.

Astonishing Member

He's kid age.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    As near as I can figure out, that Kingpin flashback has to take place during the later part of Bendis' Daredevil run and after "Back in Black," in which, as part of an immunity deal, Matt Murdoch arranged with the FBI for Fisk to leave the United States in exchange for all criminal charges against him dropped. It's also around the same time that his wife Vanessa died, too. As it so happens, this also coincides with the beginning of "Brand New Day" so the timelines do match up.

So yeah, this suggests that Harry has been Kindred since the start of Brand New Day at the very least. Though that would also mean that every POV we had of Harry all throughout Slott's run has been a flat out lie, so...

Also, with regards to Normie showing Peter and Liz the Goblin gear in Harry's closet. As Peter himself points out, this doesn't make sense since Harry didn't become the Green Goblin again. But what if this was actually a clue to...Normie becoming the next Green Goblin? What if the Goblin gear was actually his and, in order to throw suspicion off himself, he framed his own dad after overhearing his mom and Peter's conversation?

EDIT: Then again, there's also a theory that there's been two Harry's this whole time. After all, there was that mysterious extra dead body Carlie found last issue.
    Isn't the kid still infected by the Carnage symbiote or was that fixed somewhere down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It’s Spencer’s story - let him tell it the way he thinks it should be told.
    Agreed, personally i like that he isn't just passing over things that happened in previous runs but rather working them into his story. I know some don't like this but i for one appreciate the effort done in that regard.

im sure this isnt the first time a story had a slow pace as for the prices for these stories no idea how to fix that
    well, that's capitalism for ya, and let's face it...comics are slowly dying and the companies will try to get as much as they can before that final nail is struck.

Does anyone here know what the deal is with this tablet they are talking about? I mean is it supposed to bring people back from the dead or something? Because i know his wife is dead so is that what he is trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Isn't the kid still infected by the Carnage symbiote or was that fixed somewhere down the line?
    Fixed in Absolute Carnage, when the Carnage codex was removed from him.

Does anyone here know what the deal is with this tablet they are talking about? I mean is it supposed to bring people back from the dead or something? Because i know his wife is dead so is that what he is trying to do?
    If the Tablet of Life and Destiny is what I think it is, it's from an older Spider-Man story, loosely adapted in the 90s animated episodes "The Tablet of Time" and "The Ravages of Time," where the Maggia don Silvermane sought it for the purposes of restoring his youthful strength and vitality.

Astonishing Member

If the Tablet of Life and Destiny is what I think it is, it's from an older Spider-Man story, loosely adapted in the 90s animated episodes "The Tablet of Time" and "The Ravages of Time," where the Maggia don Silvermane sought it for the purposes of restoring his youthful strength and vitality.
    This plot thread is actually interesting since Mr. Negative has used a tablet before to make the Devil's Breath.

Mighty Member

everytime i see Normie i keep wondering what his age is supposed to be? Peter found a good opponent to vent against
    Every time I see Normie I’m always reminded how “young” Peter is supposed to be, where his peers and their kids seem to age...

Astonishing Member

well, that's capitalism for ya, and let's face it...comics are slowly dying and the companies will try to get as much as they can before that final nail is struck.
    It is not about capitalism. What it is about is taking a cake and instead of finishing it before starting a new one, it is simply adding more layers to it. Spider-Man is a comic book not War and Peace, and Spencer is certainly not Tolstoy. I do not want to see Normie as the new Green Goblin ( which it looks like Spencer is going. He looks very demented, anything but a normal child). I just wish this Osborn story would end and we can move onto something new.